almost

phantom pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You are hereby invited...

 

I held the invitation on my right hand, hesitant if I should enter the venue.

After all, who would dare to enter a place like hell? The place on the other side of the door is where my execution will be held. As much as I don't want to attend, my mother had forced me too. She was so excited when the invitation for the wedding was delivered to our house... Well, it used to be my house but I moved out already. 

I turned my back but Sanghyun saw me. 

"Hyung" he cheerfully called me making me force a smile on my face. 

"Good for you to come" he patted my back as he opened the door making me have no choice but to attend this wedding. I scanned the room and the only people I know were her relatives. There were some people I recognized by face through her Instagram posts. 

"I'll go check if everything's settled, okay?" Sanghyun told me before rushing to the lady I believed was the wedding coordinator. It feels like years that I haven't seen that kid but it's only 6 months. I saw him at his house when I picked up my things when I decided to move out.

 

 

 

The wedding march started playing but it felt like the funeral march. I told myself to turn around, to face the girl I love. Before going to this wedding, I told Youngbae that I will be watching it with both eyes open. I will watch the girl I've wasted to be married to someone else. I will not breakdown when they say their vows to each other. I promised myself to watch her promise herself to the man who would love her more than I could. 

I have loved her all my life but it was too late when I realized it. She already grew tired of our complicated situation that she decided to end the relationship that never even began. 

I turned to face her. 

The bride that was almost mine. 

 

 

 

"What are we?" 

She asked me again. Whenever we were finished with our hook ups and quietly laying beside each other, she would ask that out of the blue. The first time she asked me was when I was so drunk I thought she was joking. I knew that the two of us are comforted with the idea of having each other like this. Friends who got each other. Friends with benefits. Friends who weren't supposed to have feelings with one another. 

The second time she asked, I wasn't sure how I would respond. What were we? What do I want? I placed a kiss on her forehead and told her to go to sleep. 

Now, she asked me again. I stared at the ceiling unsure how I would answer her question. She's an amazing girl. The ideal girlfriend for many. But she was too fragile for me. I'm scared that when I finally have her, I'll be the one who'll break her again. 

I saw how much her father broke her when he left. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter