004

Behind Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"so how was it like?"

"what?"

"almost getting married to someone you don't like?" taeyeon raised a brow, feeding off her curiosity. "don't personally know, even?"

"stop reminding me," taerin buried her face on taeyeon's pillow out of frustration. it is definitely a huge problem for her. it's her future life at stake. "taerah already told you?"

"of course. what's there to hide?" taerah raised a brow and looked at taerin through the mirror as she fixed her shoulder length curly hair. "it's true anyway,"

"you and your mouth," taerin rolled her eyes. "atleast you should've let me told her personally!"

"okay, chill, whatever," taerah shrugged the topic off her shoulders. it's not much of a big deal anyway. atleast their sister was already told so it's not much of a surprise anymore.

"any plans?" taeyeon inquired. taerin looked at her and just stared, seemingly thinking of what her plan should be like after taeyeon had asked her. "want suggestions? you seem troubled,"

"yes, very much, thank you," taerin groaned. taerah looked at her through the mirror and shook her head. she then stood up from the vanity chair and filled the empty space on taeyeon's feet on her bed. "i still haven't told erik about this,"

"huh? what do you mean?" taerah looked at her with great shock. "i thought you told mommy that you had already told him about this?"

"you think i'd do that? who cares about what mommy thinks anyway," taerin mumbled. taeyeon snorted and playfully slapped her arm.

"you and your badass," taeyeon said.

"i'm just going to do something," taerin suddenly lifted herself up to properly sit on taeyeon's bed, even placing the pillow on her lap.

"yeah? like what?" taerah pried.

"i don't know... i'll ask erik to elope with me?"

"are you serious?" taeyeon frowned, suddenly aware of her sister's plans and concerned on her behalf. "you know that's forbidden. it is something that shouldn't even be done in this family,"

"you are really fearless," taerah can't believe what she heard. taerin is directly challenging taeri kim, their mom, the head of the family, the boss of all boss. it is like declaring a world war to happen. "stop saying those kind of things. i'm scared for you, sis,"

"it's the only thing that comes to mind," taerin shrugged. "besides, no one would know when i'll do it, where i'll go, even,"

"judging by what you're telling us right now, you're not scared to do it,"

"i'm sure the same goes for the both of you. what would you do if you two were in my shoes?" taerin asked her sisters who are currently looking at her with full attention and concern. "i'm scared too, you know. i haven't had much freedom yet not until i started going to college. i'm even more baffled that mommy agreed on enrolling me in *up diliman,"

"point taken," taerah sighed. "any suggestions, taeyeon?"

"i honestly have none," taeyeon sighed. "we are in a difficult situation. we are not an ordinary family,"

"thank you for the reminder, i guess?" taerah rolled her eyes. "i suggest you just talk to mommy and tell the truth. you have no fear anyway,"

"i don't know. i won't tell her. you know what she'll do," taerin shook her head. she slowly gets up from the bed and neatly placed taeyeon's pillow back on its place. "this talk will be resumed. i'm tired,"

"yeah, go on, architect taerin," taerah nodded her head. "i'll stay for a while more,"

taerin nodded her head and walked towards her sisters to envelope them in a big hug. she releaed them after a few minutes and kissed their cheeks before finally leaving taeyeon's room.

"why are you still here?" taeyeon joked. taerah rolled her eyes and slapped taeyeon's thigh, earning a yelp from the youngest. "that's strong, you know!"

"i haven't been the same since you haven't been home," taerah confessed. "i missed you, taeyeon. are you using the make ups i buy for you?"

"i missed you too. ew," taeyeon cringed for a moment. taerah saw it and rolled her eyes before tickling taeyeon on her sides. taeyeon yelped and frowned at her. "yeah, i do but still, i have no interest in buying one for myself,"

"ugh, what do you know about self care and being a woman anyway?" taerah groaned. "you are a woman. you should fix yourself and look good,"

"stop saying that. you sound like sooyoung," taeyeon rolled her eyes.

"now that you've mentioned her, how's soo, by the way?" taerah raised a brow. taeyeon sighed.

"still the same. she just came home from her milan trip," taeyeon said. "mauve lips, pink cheeks, on fleek eyebrows, skinny jeans, tight fitting crop tops, gucci sneakers, hundred dollar bag," taeyeon enumerated while rolling her eyes non-stop. taerah laughed.

"oh, well, there goes my true sister," taerah joked. taeyeon nodded her head in agreement. "well, i'm going to bed now. i had a long day,"

"you should. it's what you should have done in the first place anyway," taeyeon laughed. taerah rolled her eyes and stood up from taeyeon's bed. she kissed taeyeon's cheek and hugged her tight before leaving the room, closing the door quietly.

now that both of her noisy sisters are gone, taeyeon is now left with nothing but the quietness that calmly envelopes her room. taeyeon sighed and glanced at her alarn clock. the hell, it's just 10pm?

time flies so slow, according to taeyeon. she's used to pulling all nighters all thanks to ateneo (college, basically) that's why it is hard for her to retire and shut her eyes early even if she wants to because she simply can't. she can't go to sleep no matter how much she wanted.

taeyeon sighed and slowly gets up from her comfortable position to get her macbook inside her bag. she's just going to do a part of their research

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter