Way Back Home

Way Back Home

 

Way Back Home || 5.9K words

 

 

 It happened overnight and no one knew the real reason as to why the sudden break up happened.

No more love banters from the 2-year old couple

No more huggings and PDA(s) infront of the minors. They became distant and back to acquaintances again      much to the surprise of their friends. 

Just imagine the awkwardness when Yujin and Yena was being their usual self pulling out antics and pranks on their favourite victim      Kwon Eunbi only to be shut off coldly. 

 

“Ehy Eunbi unnie why are you sitting here aloneee where is your other half?”

”Where is your wife?” 

“I’m not in the mood. Don’t bother me.” 

“C’mon why are you acting so shy with us? All of us know how lovely dovey our parents are! Did Chaeyeon unnie did something that upset you thats why you’re acting all grumpy now?” 

“Yeah! If Chaeyeon did something we wi      

 

Yena had to swollow her teases back when Eunbi abruptly stood up staring at them piercingly before storming away. Though the glare was alarming, the duo could see the tears swelling up in the older’s orbs and how Eunbi’s fist was clenched tightly when she leaves the scene. 

 

Though it was an unsual sight to see Eunbi blowing off like that, the two of them decided to keep mum about it and just take it as the couple had their small fights. 

“Maybe its just summer now so they have too much heat in them and they pick on each other and tada the fight happens. Yeah that must be the case.” Yena tries to remain positive and tries to make up any thing that could ease her mind to think that the couple is fine.

Just like that the duo keep that incident to themselves. However, things were getting weirder when the squad notices a new pattern among them.

 

Whenever Eunbi is around, Chaeyeon won’t be seen anywhere near.

Whenever Chaeyeon is around, Eunbi won’t be seen anywhere near. 

When they both are together, they will each be at the far end sides as slience ensues. 

 

No more hip to hip attachment and that’s realllllyyy weird for a couple that always had to get separated by their friends because they are glued together 24/7. 

The same pattern continued. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. The squad couldn’t hold themselves back anymore. They have been patiently waiting for the couple to either get back to their normal self or spill beans out. But none of them spoke anything about it. Heck, anyone could notice the 180 degree change in them. 

They weren’t as cheerful before eventhough they tries to smile along with the others, the squad could still sense the emptiness in their half-hearted grin. 

Even Sakura and Yena, the closest friends of Chaeyeon and Eunbi do not have a single idea of what was going on between the couple. No matter how much they tries to dig the beans up, the both of them avoids them all. 

 

Eventhough the squad's concerns are always met with rejections, they didn't stop. They coninued to push them, hoping that one of them would break out from their strong facade and spill things out. 

 

And finally there came a day where Chaeyeon was pushed to her limits, the wall that she built up around her friends unknowingly for weeks broke down by their sincere words. 

 

While they were waiting for Eunbi during their lunch time, the girls decided to push their luck once again. This time, Yujin throws out Minju to be the one starting the taboo topic. Everyone knew that Chaeyeon has a soft spot for the younger girl aside from Eunbi and her bestfriend.

 

"Unnie, you were there when I was at my lowest point of life. You saved me from those bullies and pulled me out of my darkness. You introduced me to such good friends and I've always admired your bright smile. You glow up espeicially when Eunbi unnie is around. We may be quiet about things but it doesn't mean that we aren't aware or are not affected by it."

The blonde-haired bites on her tongue to force a slight grin at Minju and the rest of the girls who wore serious expressions. She tries to hype up the gloomy mood that she wasn't used to. 

 

"C'mon guys what are you even saying? I'm fine! Eunbi unnie and I are oka   "

"   Okay?" Sakura completes and groaned loudly, "I've heard the same thing over and over again for a thousand times." 

Chaeyeon chuckled, "You didn't even ask me a thousand times, Saku-chan." 

 

Sakura glares at the younger girl for taking the serious mood as a joke and Chaeyeon knew better to provoke the Japanese. 

 

"Don't you think its unfair for us?" Wonyoung questioned as tears started to flow out of her orbs. Everyone started to panic at the youngest wailing. Chaeyeon sighs and hugs her youngest child, "Why are you crying you silly girl." 

 

"B-Because you guys clearly aren't fine! But we don't even know what the heck happened!" Wonyoung exclaims, "I don't like to see my parents avoiding each other like a plaque!" 

"That's exactly why I don't wanna tell you guys." 

"What you mean?" 

 

Chaeyeon heaved a huge sigh and pulls away from the hug. She tries hard to keep her smile as she avoided eye contacts with the girls. 

 

"Well, we are over?" 

"..."

 

Chaeyeon obvserves their expression and only chuckle when she sees some dumbfounded faces. 

 

"We aren't together anymore. No more parents, no more couple, no more KwonChaeng."

"..."

Slience ensues. 

 

Till, Chaewon scoffed. 

"No sherlock. We totally didn't know that."

 

Now it was Chaeyeon's turn to be dumbfounded, "What you mean?"

"You two avoided each other for almost three months. It was obviously too much for a fight between you two." 

Guess their friends really know them well. Chaeyeon just nods and smiles it off as if it was nothing though her heart was still numb from the hurt she is still experiencing even after two months. 

 

"Why?" Minju questioned cautiously, stepping closer to Chaeyeon and taking her hand as if telling her that it is okay to lay out the truth. 

"I..."

Words get stuck in , her vision starts to get cloudy with emotions choking up. 

 

"I was the one who initiated it." 

Chaeyeon's heart stopped a beat at the familar pretty voice that she used to and still love. The very same voice that she loves and hate at the same time. Ironic how just two months ago, the honey voice was the reason why her heart went numb with adorations and affections for her ex-girlfriend. But now, the voice just taunts her and inflicts pain in her chest. 

And wow, it hurts twice as much to call Eunbi her ex-girlfriend.

 

Everyone directed their attention to the new presence among them. Eunbi quirk a brow and look at them with a questioning look, "Aren't you guys going to eat? Break time is going to be over soon." 

"Err...." Yena stammers, "Y-Yea! We are going to! Of course haha." 

Eunbi giggles, "You guys need to chill. Chaeyeon and I are still friends." She turns to Chaeyeon who still had her head slighty facing the ground, "Right, Chaeyeonnie?"

 

Friends.

Yep. 

She was the one who agreed to be friends. 

 

"Yep. We are still friends guys!" Chaeyeon snapped herself out of her little sad bubble and her tears back. She flash the brightest smile she could force out and hangs her arm around Minju, "Let's go get some food! I'm starving!"

As they were getting their food, Chaeyeon could feel the stare from Eunbi. When she turns her head slightly, her orbs met with the older girl. It was as if they were using telepathy and Chaeyeon didn't know where to be cry or laugh when she sees the worrying gazes from Eunbi. 

It was those subtle look again that gives Chaeyeon the hope that its still not the end of their story. 

 

She continues to hold onto the hope that Eunbi would find her way back to their home eventhough the future is unpredicable and gloomy. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Yahhh! Stop it. People are staring!" 

"Who cares? Let them stare all they want! They must be jealous of me."

"Why?"

"Because my girlfriend is a goddness!" 

"Geez, stop now or I'll take a bus home and not walk with you!"

"Shut up, Kwon. You love it when I'm cheesy don't you?" 

"You know me well." 

 

Kicking the stones along the pathway, Chaeyeon got reminded of those times where their intertwined fingers would sway inbetween them as they walked home together after school. Those high-pitched and hysterical laughters were still ringing in her ears whenever she takes the usual route. Maybe she should find a new route but of course she would be lying that she couldn't just let go off things easily. 

Espeically when it was her first relationship and it was so serious that Chaeyeon really thought that there would be a day where she would put a ring on Eunbi's finger. But she guess it was a far-stretched dream. 

They don't even talk as much as before already. 

 

Words couldn't even describe how much Chaeyeon misses those times with Eunbi. Even some thing as simple as holding a conversation with Eunbi. After the breakup, not once have they held a proper conversations. Most of the talkings were short and Chaeyeon didn't feel comfortable speaking to the older girl.

That really snapped reality into Chaeyeon that they aren't together anymore. Before that, she would feel no shame even telling Eunbi how she fell at the other side of her bed and end up with a bruise in her forehead. But now, she can't even bring herself to ask her if she's going to join them for lunch. 

 

"Those good old times..." Chaeyeon sighs under her breath and stopped her tracks. Glancing up at the darkening sky, Chaeyeon holds up her hands and squinted her eyes while covering the reminding part of the sun that was slowly being overtake by the darkness with a small grin. 

 

"Hey, you. You worked hard in the day, its time for you to rest now and hide. Good job for today as well." 

 

It became a habit after the breakup. She talks to the sun. Since there was no Eunbi there to comfort her, Chaeyeon finds comfort in the sky now or more specifically the sun. Many people always compares her to the bright sun because of how much their shine and brings people to life with their shinning lights.

Chaeyeon agrees that she's like the sun.

But for another reason. 

She's like the sun because during the day, it was her job to bring light to other's lives. It was her job to put down her worries and make others smile.

Her life motto is: Make at least someone smile each day! 

No matter how tired she is, Chaeyeon still makes sure that she would keep that blinding smile of hers and each person she spoke with, she makes sure that she would encourage them with cheers and words. 

 

However, just like how the sun sets and hides disappears into the darkness, Chaeyeon too hides in her room and cry her night away soundlessly. The raw emotions that just get ahead of her whenever she's alone in her four walls. The only four walls where she would allow herself to break down and release her sorrows. 

 

But some nights her alone time would get interrupted by her bubbly squad crushing over her place all of a sudden without any notice.

 

"Tell me again why are you guys even here? Why my house?" Chaeyeon groaned when she got pushed past by others once she unlocked her door. 

"Two reasons!" Yuri says cheerfully while Chaeyeon quirked her brow in curiosity, "Which are?"

 

"Your house is big and you live alone!" Yuri stated.

"So we all can stayover!" Nako added on which caused Chaeyeon to widen her eyes in surprise, "What! I didn't even agreed on this!" 

 

The girls shrugged and welcomed themseleves in to Chaeyeon's house, already making themselves home. The out-numbered girl could only sigh in defeated and face-palm.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop them but you know how stubborn the kids are." Chaeyeon jolted up slightly at the sudden presence beside her. Just from the vanilla scent, the girl knew that it was Eunbi. Her heart starts to pick up it's pace when she turns and looks at Eunbi. 

 

"I-It's fine." She smiles slightly as she watches Eunbi manveuvering towards the kitchen with shopping bags in both of her hands.

 

What a familar sight.

Chaeyeon could feel a heavy tug in her chest when she see how well Eunbi knew where to place everything in her kitchen.

 

The house owner walks to the kitchen and observe Eunbi quietly. Seeing Eunbi work so diligently in her kitchen and being so familarise with the things in there made Chaeyeon smile bitterly. If it was in the past, she would have sneakily walked up towards the older girl and give her a surprise warm back hug and kiss her on her cheeks. She would have hugged her tightly and sway their bodies together while watching Eunbi prepare a simple meal for the.

 

Chaeyeon wish she had kissed Eunbi more. She wished she had hugged Eunbi a little more tighter before she allowed the older girl to slip off her grip. 

 

"Stop staring at me and help me out, Chaeyeon-ah." Her thought got interrupted by Eunbi who caught her staring while her hands were busily preparing bowls of snacks. The younger girl gives her a sheepish smile before walking towards the counter and counted the number of bowls. She furrowed her brows when she saw that there was one missing bowl, "Why is there 11 only?"

Eunbi's busy hands came to a halt. She looks up at Chaeyeon then blinks and pointed to the fridge, "You like your chips cold, so I put yoursin the fridge first to let it cool." 

"Ah... I see. Thanks for remembering..." Chaeyeon could feel her face heating up again as her heart begin to race at the thoughtful action from her ex. She smiles and thank Eunbi before helping the older girl to delivery the snacks out for the hungry kids who was fighting over which movies to watch. 

 

Wonyoung and Yena teams with the Japanese and wanted to watch Japanese dog movie meanwhile the rest fights for a Taiwanese romance movie. Chaeyeon shook her head and took the films into her hands, glaring at the kids. 

"We will watch both so stop fighting and eat your snacks."

"Don't spill all over my carpet though." 

At the sight of the bowls of chips, it was as if the fight didn't happened at all and all of them starts happily digging in while watching Chaeyeon setting up the movie and playing it. 

 

 

***

 

 

Chaeyeon knew it was on purpose when Sakura decided to let her head that was previously on the Japanese’s shoulder to fall into the air and shift her seat away to sit on the floor when Eunbi comes out of the kitchen with Chaeyeon’s chilled chips in her hand.

 

There wasn’t anymore seats left.

Except the one beside Chaeyeon.

 

The dancer doesn’t know if she should thank her bestfriend or should she wack her head for making things awkward between them.

Or maybe it was just her who feels awkward because Eunbi was clearly fine with leaning her head on her shoulder in the middle of the movie. Chaeyeon's focus on the movie was long gone and all her attention was at the older girl lying her head so comfortably on her shoulder as if nothing happened between them.

 

As if they were still together. 

Eunbi is still acting like they are a touchy couple. 

It makes Chaeyeon confuse. 

Should she feel happy and live in that moment or should she avoid to protect her poor heart? 

 

"Here."

Chaeyeon takes her eyes off the movie that she wasn't even paying attention to and see the chip trapped in between the cute fingers that she used to hold. Directing her attention to the older girl, she sees Eunbi bobbing her head asking her to take the chip with that cute smile of hers. 

 

At the spur of moment, Chaeyeon hated that smile. 

Chaeyeon hated how Eunbi was acting they were still a couple, how she still have the guts to feed her and lay her head on her shoulder as if she didn't rip her heart apart months ago without even telling her the reasons.

She hated how eventhough she was hurt, Chaeyeon knows that she still yearns for Eunbi's attention. 

 

"Where are you going?" 

Chaeyeon decides to ignore Eunbi's furrowed brows and soft voice as she stands up. 

"Unnie?" All attention were on her now as Minju called her out and held her hand before she could make her way to her room, "Where are you going? The movie is still playing."

 

"I'm tired already." Chaeyeon smiles softly at the younger girl who pouts and ruffled her hair. She turns to the rest and see all of them with their disappointed gazes.

 

Seems like she's being a party-pooper. 

But she needed that space and alone time to breathe. 

 

"Ya'll enjoy. I'll just head up to rest." Chaeyeon excused herself, "I still have to go somewhere else tommorow morning.”

After biding the girls goodnight, Chaeyeon made her way up to her room and softly closes the door behind her before she release a deep breath that she had been holding in for long. 

The same old numbness starts taking its effect again when the owner of the room lifted her head up from the ground and caught the sight of the polaroid films decorating her room’s white wall.  

All capturing her moments with Eunbi through out their 2 years of relationship.

Moments that Chaeyeon is not ready to name it as a past memories.

Moments that Chaeyeon still holds dearly in her heart. 

Moments that was still fresh in her mind. 

 

As memories flashes throug her mind, Chaeyeon felt her eye-lids getting heavier still they finally close and the girl drift into her dreamland which includes Eunbi in it too. 

 

That night, she dreamt of the older girl entering her room and sneaking under the same blanket as her. The feeling of Eunbi's pair of warm arns wrapped around her waist. The familar snuggle at the back of her neck and the ever so soft voice calling out to her. It felt too real to be a dream when Chaeyeon could feel the back of her shirt getting damp as she heard painful sobbings. 

 

"Chaeyeon-ah, I'm sorry... I still love you."

"Please forgive me for being selfish..."  

 

 

***

 

 

Everything felt so real when Chaeyeon woke up to the bright sunlight hitting her eyes. Yet, it was too good to be real. But she can't cancel out the assumption that Eunbi might have sneaked into her room last night.

Chaeyeon almost got a shock of her life when she wanted to sit up only to find an arm was draped over her tummy. Turning slightly, the sight of a sleeping Eunbi came to her vision. The girl had to rubbed her eyes twice to ensure that it wasn't playing tricks on her. That it wasn't another hallucination.

 

The blonde-haired beauty knew it wasn't an illusion when she felt Eunbi snuggling herself closer against her chest, seeking for warmth. Chaeyeon soften at the sight and slowly got comfortable with the scene infront of her. Unknowingly, her hand start to guide itself up to brush the strands of hair that was falling on Eunbi's flawless face. 

Her action was so default, so natural. 

 

A smile slowly creeps up Chaeyeon's lips when the sleeping figure starts blabbering gibberish words like a baby. She remembers those mornings where she would wake up with Eunbi in her arms and how she would spend a good 30 mintues admiring her beauty. Or times where she's the hibernating one and Eunbi would be the one pinching her cheeks and leaving pecks on her nose to wake her up sweetly. 

 

Chaeyeon truely missed all of that. 

 

"Since when did you came in?" Chaeyeon whispered, as if Eunbi was awake to answer her. 

The presence of Eunbi next to her in her bed just shows that whatever she heard last night wasn't a dream. But Chaeyeon didn't want to get her hopes high. After giving the black-haired girl one last look, Chaeyeon gently removed Eunbi's arm from her tummy in fear that she would wake the older girl up. 

 

Thankfully, she was able to get out of her bed without waking Eunbi up. She sighs and pulls the blanket up more to Eunbi's chin before making her way out of the room. 

The owner could only face-palm the moment walked into her living room and witness the mess infront of her.

 

Finish bottles, empty oil-stained pizza boxes lying on the table and floor. Chaeyeon groaned seeing the girls spawled across the living room and couch snoring their lives away. 

 

"Oh gosh, did a war happened while I was sleeping?" Chaeyeon commented to herself as she tries to pick up some garbages though she gave up halfway. She made a mental note to ask the kids to clean up later on when they wake up as she walks into the kitchen to get herself a warm cup of milk.

While waiting for the milk to be done, Chaeyeon suddenly felt an arm encircling around her waist.

The girl knew who it was just by that vanilla Gucci perfume. 

 

Chaeyeon gulped and calm the throbs in her chest, trying to calm herself down. If she wasn't 100% wide awake before, she certainly is now. Rooted to the ground, Chaeyeon didn't know how to react to her ex back hugging her. It was too early in the morning for her brain to function. 

 

Ding!

 

Only when her milk was done, that Chaeyeon snapped out of her thought. She said nothing and tried to remove Eunbi's arm away but the older girl was firm with her grip and wouldn't buldge. Leaving Chaeyeon with no choice but to walk towards the microwave with Eunbi tagging behind closely. 

 

"You still drink warm milk in the morning right after you wake up."

Chaeyeon chose to ignore the passing comment and sat her cup down next to the counter when Eunbi spoke again. 

"I'm sorry, Chae." 

 

Honestly, the younger girl was kind of not in the mood to get into this topic especially when its 8am. She's at the state in which she doesn't want to be disturbed and just give her the time to get over her morning blues. Yet, Eunbi is here messing up her feelings again all of a sudden with her actions and words.

 

"Let go, unnie." 

Chaeyeon calmly said, but was met with opposition when she felt Eunbi shaking her head against her back. 

"I regretted it." Eunbi sounded so broken that the taller girl almost wanted to give in and just give her ex a big hug. But she held herself back, recalling the nights and even days where she cried for Eunbi. 

"Take me back, Chaeyeon-ah. I can't do this anymore." 

 

The blonde-haired slowly turns her back towards Eunbi and gulped when she see the older girl looking so broken and fragile. Her hands gripping at the ends of Chaeyeon's pajamas so tightly, as if she was afraid that Chaeyeon might just disappear. The younger girl only stared and said nothing.

 

"S-Say something..."

"Like what?"

"Anything..." Eunbi shut her eyes and leaned her head against Chaeyeon's chest, "just anything... Talk to me.. Don't ignore me. It hurts." 

 

"Why did you want to break up with me?" 

It was the question which Chaeyeon wanted to ask ever since that fateful day. She only kept it till now because she was scared of getting hurt. She was scared of the reason. The possibilitly that Eunbi might fall out of love with her when her heart stil beats for her even when she wakes up with drool over her chin or even when she makes the ugliest face. 

 

"I...I was stupid." 

Eunbi looks up a little, her distraughted eyes staring in Chaeyeon's doe eyes. 

"I received an invitation to Harvard University." 

 

Chaeyeon blinked, her heart starts beat in happiness for the older woman. The university in Cambridge is the top schools in the world. She couldn't believe that Eunbi could such a great offer.

 

"That's great! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Chaeyeon questioned, all of her saddness vanished as a grin starts to appear on her lips. She started jumping up and down while holding onto Eunbi's hands, "Did they offer you a spot in their law school? Oh my gosh! That's such a good opportunity unnie! Congrats! Please tell me that you accepted the offer." 

 

While she was busy congratulating the older woman, she failed to notice how Eunbi was frowning and wasn't returning back the same enthusiasm. 

"Is this really a good thing?" Eunbi mutters bitterly, causing Chaeyeon to immediately stop cheering. 

"What do you mean?" 

 

Eunbi harden her stare at the younger girl, "It's in Cambridge!"

"Yes I know?" 

"I'm going to study there in less than a week!" 

"Oh."

 

It took her a minute to finally fix the missing puzzles in her head.

 

"Wait. Did you want to break up because you are going to study overseas?" 

Eunbi slowly nods her head, "I couldn't reject it because my parents really wanted me to go there." 

"I know, they always demand alot from you. But why does that have to do with you wanting to break up with me?" 

 

The older girl groans in frustrations, "Didn't you remember how badly you reacted when I asked you what if I get accepted to study abroad?" 

Chaeyeon pointed to herseld and tiled her head to the side, "Me?"

 

"Chaeyeon-ah, have you thought of which university you want to go after graduating?"

"Me? Of course not, unnie."

"Why not?"

"I don't see myself getting into an university with how bad my grades are."

"Geez! Yah Lee Chaeyeon! Didn't I told you to buck up and pull your grades up?"

"Not everyone is fit to study unnie. It's just not in my blood."

"what logic is that?" 

"I'm not as smart as you unnie. What about you? Have you thought about which law school you wanna go?"

"hm. There's Seoul and Yonsei universities. But my parents kind of want me to go abroad."

"Abroad?"

"Yeah, like you know Harvard and all."

"What? Do you want to go there?"

"Do you want me to go there?" 

"Of course not! That's so far away from Seoul! We can't meet up as often and it's going to be hard maintaining our relationship!" 

 

Seeing that the younger girl was starting to remember that incident, Eunbi take a step back to get a clearer look at Chaeyeon's confused face. 

 

"You told me that it would be difficult to maintain our relationship. I thought you would be upset that I followed my parent's instructions and accept the invitation."

"and so you decided to break up with me?" 

Eunbi sighs and nodded, "I just didn't want you to think that I'm choosing my future over you..." 

 

The blonde-haired quirked a brow. 

 

"And you thought that suggesting a break up is way better than making me feel that way?" 

 

Eunbi grew quiet as she observed how the younger girl's brows starts to knit together into a frown and how her eyes start to glisten.. 

 

"You have no idea how much it hurt me when you said you wanted a break." Chaeyeon clenched her teeth, "I cried myself to sleep every night but had to put up a strong front infront of you and the kids. It was really difficult, Eunbi. I would have honestly rather you tell me the truth." 

 

"I was scared of your response." Eunbi says shakily, "I was scared that you may flare up and turn your back against me."

Chaeyeon frowned, "and so you decided to turn your back against me first to protect yourself?" 

 

"No!" Eunbi protested, "I was as hurt as you, Chae. I just didn't want you to feel bad and all. I thought it would be best for me to be the bad guy here." 

Chaeyeon scoffed.

 

"I would have supported you." Chaeyeon sighs in disappointment, "Did you really thought that I would break up with you just because you chose your future over me?" 

"Am I that childish?" 

 

Eunbi was panicking, noticing how Chaeyeon was totally not getting her point. 

"That's not what I mean! I just do not want to put you through troubles and all just because of me." 

"But you still did."

 

The senior reach out and held Chaeyeon's hand, rubbing circles at the back of her palm to calm the taller girl down. 

 

"I know. That's why I'm apologizing now. I don't want to leave knowing that we aren't in good terms..."

"I don't know unnie." 

"What do you mean?" Eunbi's grip got tighter as she see the younger girl in deep thoughts, "Chaeyeon-ah. Please. I really regretted my choice. Please take me back?" 

 

"Have a safe trip, unnie."

 

 

***

 

 

"Eunbi! What's wrong with you? The plane is going off if you don't get your up now!" 

"Darling! Please open up and tell us what's wrong!" 

 

No matter how much Mr and Mrs Kwon has tried to knock on their daughter's door, Eunbi just refuses to open the door. Her flight was suppose to be at 5pm yet it was already nearly 3pm yet Eunbi was still lying on her bed, mind blank and just staring at her ceiling. 

She really doesn't want to leave for Harvard.

Not when Chaeyeon doesn't want her back. 

Not when she knew that she can't live without the younger girl calling her and checking up on her when she goes to Harvard.

Not when Chaeyeon is still mad at her. 

 

"Eunbi-yah. Open up and tell us what's wrong hm? Why are you suddenly locking yourself up?"

"Didn't you want to go Harvard too?" 

Because of their pressing questions, frustrations starts bottling up as she jolted up from her bed and start screaming. 

 

"It's all of your fault!" Eunbi cried, "If it isn't for you guys wanting me to go Harvard, I wouldn't have broke up with Chaeyeon!!! She hates me now!" 

"I don't want to go Harvard and leave Chaeyeon alone! I want to be with her..."

 

Eunbi laughs,"But guess what? She probably hates me now and don't ever want to see me agai "

 

" I don't hate you."

 

The black-haired froze up in her bed.

 

"Open up, unnie. Let's talk."

 

Eunbi instantly flew up from her bed and turned her knob open. Her tears ran freely when she sees Chaeyeon standing out there in between her parents. Without any hestitation, Eunbi throws herself towards Chaeyeon sobbing on her shoulders and wetting her shirt.

 

"I...I don't want to go Harvard anymore. Just be with me..."

Chaeyeon sighed heavily and turn to the older girl's parents, "I will talk to her..."

The couple nodded in worry as Chaeyeon walked Eunbi back into her room and close the door behind them.

 

"Unnie. Stop crying."

At the command, Eunbi nodded and forced herself to stop crying allowing the younger girl to drag her to bed and sit her down.

 

"Unnie, you need to go to Harvard ."

"i ...i want to be with you..." Eunbi says, relaxing her tensed body at the smoothing caress in her locks.

"It's for your future."

"There's no future without you..."

 

Chaeyeon placed her hands on Eunbi's shoulder and forced the older girl to look at her. She then leans in and place a soft peck on Eunbi's forehead.

 

"You have a bright future ahead of you unnie. Don't ruin it because of me."

Eunbi shook her head.

 

”Do you still love me, Chae?”

”I do. More than ever.”

”Then why don’t you want me back?”

 

”Unnie.” Chaeyeon started out calmly, “I don’t even know what I want to do in the future. I only like to dance. While you are smart and you have a promising future. I...I just think that may be we shouldn’t be together.” 

“That’s bull!”

”You should find someone better. Someone who is in your league. I’m honestly out of your league no idea what you have seen in me.”

Chaeyeon chuckled, “But really. I want to thank you for all of the sweet memories you have created with me throughout the years. i’m proud to be your past.” 

The black-haired couldnt believe how Chaeyeon put herself down so much. The girl is one of a kind and honestly, she was the luckiest girl alive to be able to call Chaeyeon her girl. 

 

“You are my past, my present and my future.” Eunbi didn’t want to give up, “I’m not going to love anyone else other than you.” 

Chaeyeon smiles, “Either am I going to give my heart to others.”

”Then why...?” 

 

The younger girl craddles the latter’s cheeks into her hands.

”Go to Harvard. Maybe a break is good for us. Its time for me to figure things out in my life while its time for your to get your degree and become a successful lawyer.” 

“Maybe you will even find someone better than me.” 

Eunbi was quick to dismiss that statement by leaning in and capturing the younger’s lips. Chaeyeon sighs against the soft lips and guide her hand down from Eunbi’s cheeks to hold the shorter’s neck, deepening the kiss.  

Shortly, Chaeyeon broke the sweet yet bitter kiss and pushed Eunbi to allow their foreheads to bump against each other. A lone tear drop down to Eunbi’s flushed cheeks. 

“Let’s see where fate will bring us to.” Chaeyeon says, gently wiping the tear away with her thumb as she smiles softly at the broken girl, “If we are meant to be, somehow in a way or another, we will be together.” 

 

Eunbi knew that there was no way she could change Chaeyeon’s decision anymore. Once the girl had decide on something, she will not change her mind. 

 

“Fine...” Eunbi gave up, “I will go to Harvard.” 

“But. Promise me something.”

”Anything.”

Eunbi leans her body against the younger girl and stared straight into her eyes.

 

“Promise me that you will not push me away 4 years later when I come back for you.” 

“Promise me that you will take me back.” 

 

Chaeyeon giggles, “Provided that you still want me back?” 

“Shut up. You know where my heart will always be no matter where I go.”

 

Eunbi was finally able to smile when Chaeyeon holds her hand up and linked their pinkies together, sealing the promise.

 

”C’mon then, lets send you off.” 

Eunbi just stared at Chaeyeon’s hand and take it but instead of allowing the younger girl to pull her up, Eunbi pulled Chaeyeon down onto the bed again.

“Eunbi???” 

Chaeyeon was caught off guard when Eunbi pushes her down her bed and hugged her.

 

”Spend the rest of the day with me.”

”What about your flight?”

”I will ask my dad to book one tomorrow.” 

“Just cuddle with me and let me enjoy my last moment with you. I won’t be able to hug you for another 4 years.” 

“Geez, you are such a baby.” 

“Shut up and be my big spoon.” 

“Yes, princesss.” 

 


 

Author's Note: 

Hope ya'll KwonChaeng Nations enjoyed this XD