Let's Get It

You Or Me

 

            “Name? Badge?” the security guard at the front door of SM Entertainment probed. You fumbled through your backpack, a bead of sweat forming on your temple as you frantically rummaged through the jungle of boba house receipts, orientation papers, and candy wrappers.

            “I-I swear I have it in here somewhere, sir,” you mumbled meekly. He raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms. “I-I promise,” you stuttered, finally deciding to dump your backpack’s contents onto the floor. You dropped to your knees, cursing yourself for having so much stuff.

            “Is this it?” a charming voice reckoned as a soft, slender hand slid over yours to grab for your company badge. You looked up shyly, afraid of whom you might see. This was your first day on the job as a personal assistant and you knew you were surrounded by some of the most talented—and gorgeous—idols in the industry. It could be anyone and you would have to faint on the spot. You almost did as you were struck by his gleaming chocolate eyes, quirky smile, velvety dark hair.

            “Here you go, sir. Her name is Olivia, by the way and she deserves some more slack than that. Welcome this darling new face,” he stated politely as he flashed your badge at the clearly irritated guard.

            “Access granted.”

            “Let me help you with that. Let’s get you inside as soon as possible,” he offered, stooping down once more to help you gather your things. Your heart beat out of your chest, half because you were stunned by his generosity and half because you could swear he was judging you from the several snickers wrappers you had stuffed in there. “We all have our guilty pleasures, don’t we?” he chuckled, as he shoved the wrappers into his pocket. “I’ll throw these away when I get the chance, but if you’re sustaining off of that, maybe you and I should grab a real lunch,” he suggested, his eyes turning to crescents as he carefully put everything else back into your bag. You felt your face flush. “Let’s get going, shall we?” he cheered, offering you his hand. You hesitantly accepted as he helped you to your feet.

            “Th-thank you,” you stuttered, frantically trying to straighten your skirt and hair simultaneously. You were convinced you looked like a wreck though you had managed to embarrass yourself in front of staff and a gorgeous coworker over the course of a few grueling minutes.

            “No problem! Also, by the way, you could have just said your name and he could have looked you up or was your name also in your bag?” he quipped, throwing an arm around you. Your eyes widened as your cheeks burned. “Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce myself,” he began.

            “Ah, you don’t have to! You’re Mark Lee from literally of the NCT’s,” you interjected confidently before bowing profusely upon realizing your boldness. To your surprise, he chuckled, shaking his head.

            “Well, damn, you should just do all the talking for me from now on. Write a biography on me,” he smiled brightly. “But, yup, that’s me. Nice to meet you, Olivia,” he shrugged. “What you see is what you get. Do you like it?” he asked, striking a pose. You froze. You remembered all of the Mark crack videos, fan-made or not, how ridiculous the boy could be but you weren’t prepared for him to act in such a manner before you.

            “Do I have to answer?” you replied timidly.

            “Oh, aww, so you don’t?” he pouted. “I can change that by the end of the year,” he remarked assuredly.

            “You speak with such conviction, dongsaeng. I almost thought you were serious for a sec. Thought you were actually putting the moves on our new assistant,” Johnny smirked as he sauntered over to the two of you. “Nice to meet you, I’m-“ he started.

            “No need, she already knows who you are. She was completing my sentences for me already at the door. She’s a smart one,” Mark praised, nudging you lightly, the sweetest smile plastering his face.

            “Well, then she’d be smart not to fall for your ,” he retorted. “Hi there, Olivia right?”

            “Yeah, it’s Olivia, but what do you mean, hyung? Of course, she’ll like what she sees by the end of the year. Don’t you know that’s why rumors around the world are saying that Mark is absolutely fully capable,” he protested with a fierceness that could only make you giggle. “Plus, she is specifically my assistant. You already have one, need I remind you!

            “Uh, you do realize the end of the year is in a week, right?” you interposed shyly as you fixed our glasses, praying they didn’t look foggy as you feasted your eyes on the playful Mark and his ever so chic hyung.

            “You’re right, she is a smart girl. Welcome to the team, Olivia. Don’t listen to this little headass right here,” Johnny chuckled, offering you his hand. “Let me show you around,” he offered composedly with a soft, attractive smirk.

            “Excuse me, let us show you around. You have a whole lot more people to meet, including the Dreamies,” Mark corrected, tugging at you excitedly. You wondered if he was always like this, if he was always going to make it hard for you to believe he was nearly your age.

            “My actual babies!” you exclaimed cheerfully.

            “You’re just adorable. Let me take you to lunch, later. You could use a warm welcome with a guy who knows a thing or two,” Johnny whispered. “Go have fun, you two,” he added with a wave as Mark whisked you away.

            “Annyeong, noona~” the Dreamies greeted you, cheeky smiles, and rosy cheeks galore as you were ushered into their dorm. You were almost toppled when Jisung and Chenle ran up to hug you, squeezing you tightly.

            “It’s so nice to meet you!” Chenle squealed.

            “Noona is so pretty~” Jaemin and Haechan chimed in unison.

            “Is she really here to stay, hyung?” Jeno inquired hopefully, eyes gleaming.

            “She must be! We need lots of help around here,” Renjun pouted.

            “Yeah, with how dirty your guys’ room is, yea we do need her!” Mark sighed, exasperated, pinching the bridge of his nose.

            “Why is hyung so upset~?” Haechan pointed out.

            “Does hyung like our new noona already~ Hyung is a fox!” Renjun teased.

            “Hyung can’t have a crush on noona! She’s ours~” Jisung decreed, hugging you tighter.

            “And what if I do? What are you punks gonna do about it?” Mark challenged, raising an eyebrow and sticking his tongue out at his younger mates and he tried prying Jisung and Chenle away from you.

            “You do?” you intervened, a smirk across your face. “I think you might be the one falling for me by the end of the year. Mark may be absolutely fully capable, but you don’t know about me. You have much to learn~” you whispered playfully, surprising yourself with this newfound confidence. You could see him gulp as he continued to try to free you. “You can just leave me here with my darling children. Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere~” you chimed, kissing the two darlings that were still glued to you. At this the room roared with joy.

            “Uh, we have more to go see so let’s bounce. L-let’s get it,” he stammered, mustering all the confidence he had left.

            “You don’t have to be so shy about it; your dongsaengs will understand,” you tittered, watching him gulp again and scratch his ear. “Alright, my children~ I’ll have to see you all later. Noona has lots of new responsibilities! I’ll be back tonight so we can all have one big sleepover!” you promised.

            “Ah~ Noona is so good to us~” Jeno exalted. With this, you left with a smile and a wave as once again, Mark whisked you away. Before you could exit the threshold, you slammed into Johnny’s chest, much to Mark’s shock—and dismay.

            “Ready for lunch? My treat.”