Don't let him know

Restless

Having yet to hear any word about any civilian or another rivaling gang member who witnessed the gunfight that had started with Bangtan and Seventeen, Jimin didn't know whether to feel relieved or angry. Quietly, leaning against the wall just outside the local bar on the block he can't help but narrow his eyes at everyone moving about. His eyes frantically trying to figure out who it could have been. While he knew Namjoon understood a part of him still couldn't let the fact go that someone had seen him, he doubted the male misheard anything. Whoever was out there knew what had happened, probably even got a good look at him, and he didn't like that one bit. He didn't need the cops out here looking for him and making things harder for his friends. As dirty as the cops were on this side of the town, there were a few good ones mixed in between. The ones who actually did their jobs were the ones he didn't want to involve. As much as he disliked the men and women in blue they also held his respect, well only those who actually did follow their job and tried to improve the streets. In all honesty, Jimin wouldn't mind shooting a cop or tow, but only if he had no other option or if he knew what secrets they hid in their closets.

Ordinarily, Jimin wouldn't care about the cops coming around and checking in at every empty warehouse, apartment buildings and patrolling the streets, but having learned that Namjoon was suspected of being involved in a drug-related incident had him angry. Namjoon wasn't the type to indulge in the recreation drug-use they carried, so when the rumor began to hit the streets so did he. He wasn't about to let his friend be brought in by the cops because of something that wasn't even true. Whenever he heard something bad being uttered about his leader his fists collided directly with the mouth that had uttered such a lie. Having just finished after getting into another fight Jimin rubbed at his right hand. His knuckles bloody, and the gun in his pocket heavy. Having yet the need to use it Jimin sent a smile at the little boy and girl running down the sidewalk. Waiting for a minute, his eyes immediately landed on the informant of a small gang they were allies with on the other side of the street.

Pushing himself away, his angry grey eyes lighten. Looking both ways before crossing the street, he quiets lets out a grunt before quickly making his way to the other side. A few steps behind, he lets his eyes land on the back of his friend. Glancing at the other side of the street his steps quicken when he doesn't see any other member of a rivaling gang. Discreetly, his grey eyes flicker behind him. When he sees no one he's quick to close the distance between them. Throwing his arm over the white-haired male's shoulders he laughs at the feeling of shoulders stiffening under his touch. Ruffling the hair beneath his hands, his smile widens when he meets familiar brown eyes, "Hey, Sungwoon it's been a while."

At the small laugh and arm being thrown over his own shoulders, Jimin's relaxing. The anger from before dimming slightly as they continued to walk both males can't stop the need to look around. Their hands twitching for the gun hidden on them in case anyone tried something. 

When his eyes catch Sungwoon's grin, Jimin smiles, You were right Namjoon. They really are great allies.

"Yeah, it has been. How are you? I heard about what happened the other night and from what I've heard so has everyone else. Including the old faces and the newer ones popping out."

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself Sungwoon. But I do have a few questions I was hoping you could answer."

At the firm nod, Jimin sighs. Just as they round the corner they are quick to dive into the alley nearby. Just as they come to a stop Sungwoon can't help but look over his close friend. Seeing the bloody knuckles and slight dark bags under his eyes he sighs. He really wishes Jimin would take better care of himself. Squaring his shoulders, his eyes harden, someone was causing trouble. Trouble that not only seemed to be harming Bangtan's reputation but was wearing out his friend. Deciding to store the information for later to talk with his leader about to see if they could find any way to help out there friends he at his lips before turning his attention to Jimin. An issue like this wasn't something to joke about.

With both Jimin and Sungwoon leaning around the wall, they don't say a word for a few minutes as their eyes watch the people passing by. The need to be sure no one was listening winning. As the minute's tick by they remain silent, eyes calm but fingers curled around the heavy metal tucked away. Clearing his throat once he's sure no one will overhear them, Jimin starts his voice calm, "Do you know who started the rumor about Namjoon?"

At the nod, Jimin waits. Eyes narrowing Sungwoon can't help but clench his fists, "Infinite."

Infinite, the gang not only known for hire but claimed by one of the old faces. Just what are you guys planning. You guys don't do anything but deliver and buy? So what does your big boss gang get from causing trouble for us?

Opening his phone, Jimin's quick to type the gang's name down. Eyes staring at the name he steals a glance at Sungwoon, before asking, "Who else?"

"You know how Infinite and BtoB are close?"

Eyebrows furrowing, Jimin can't make a connection. 'Two more players.'

"Yeah."

At the touch of confusion in Jimin's voice, Sungwoon struggles for a second to figure out how to tell the other how serious their situation was becoming. Words a bit unsure he begins only for his voice to come out more confident the more he's sure Jimin's understanding. "Well, it seems like BtoB were a bit hesitant. Said, they didn't want to cause any problems with those rising in power. It wasn't until one of the old faces said, that your leader needed to be taken down a few pegs that they changed their mind. As far as I know, it's just those two. I'll see if anyone has heard about what they are planning and let you know. The rumor about your leader isn't something to take lightly, as I'm sure you know. I can't shake the feeling there's more we aren't seeing yet. Next question."

Groaning at the news, Jimin can't stop the wave of nervousness clinging onto him as he finally asks the questions he's been wanting to since having met up, "Did you happen to hear about anyone witnessing what happened between me and the shotters from Seventeen?"

"No, but I know a few wished they could have. Jimin, you went down into their territory. No one's done that for a while, without having the bosses permission."

Groaning at the tone, Jimin frowns, "They had it coming, Sungwoon. No one cheats us out of anything. They should have known better."

"I'll keep an ear out for anything involving you, your leader or any one of your boys. I'll even ask around about the possibility of anyone witnessing your...little arrangement last night."

Chuckling Jimin pushes his hair back, "Thank you Sungwoon. This really means a lot. . If you get into any trouble you let me know alright."

Not likely the way Jimin was worrying, and taking his help Sungwoon punches his shoulder to gain his attention. As his eyes lock with grey, his eyes narrow for a second before he's saying, "Friends help each other out Jimin. I don't expect anything from you, I swear it's no problem. I'll try to find out if anyone saw what went down, but you have to promise to keep out of trouble. Please? I don't want to find out you got killed."

Almost all at once Jimin felt guilty, nodding he's quickly hugging his friend before letting go. Watching as Sungwoon blended in with the mass of people he turns around and continues to walk down the alley he was in. Texting Yoongi about what he had just learned he tucks his phone away. Just as he looks up he's making his way down back to the sidewalk. At the growl from his stomach, the name of a bakery Seokjin often went to came to mind. his lips the memory of the cake they had from before had him making up his mind. 'Maybe I'll bring something back for us to share later.'

Coming to a stop he waits with the people waiting to cross the street. Once the sign, changes he follows. At the tap to his shoulder his eyes land on one of VIXXs runners, at the note handed to him, Jimin doesn't say a word when the male turns around and leaves. Tucking the note into his pants pockets, he can't help but wonder what one of the major gangs now wants.

When he sees the sign of the bakery Jimin smiles, 'What should I get muffins, cookies, pie? A cake? No, Jin got a cake last time. Cinnamon rolls?'

Only a few steps away just as he reaches a body colliding with his has him falling. Gasping as the winds knocked out of him, he's quick to turn around and push himself to a stand his mind already listing names about who now wanted to pick a fight with him. Hands itching for the gun he kept on him, he growls lowly as he glares at the person groaning on the ground. Seeing the change of clothes, notebook, and phone scattered about Jimin doesn't look away. As the male turns around he's quick to scan around him to make sure there wasn't another person. Gripping tightly onto the gun just as he begins to pull it out he falters. Stuffing it back quickly into his coat his eyes widen.

When his eyes lock with bright blue, Jimin can't help but marvel at the various shades that swirled in innocent wide eyes that stared right up at him. Seeing the blonde curls framing the males soft features, Jimin flushes. 'Why is he so beautiful? No one should look that good.'

Having yet said a word Jimin can't help but stare. At the male's slight tremble he bites back a frown and the question rising up his throat. Hands slowly reaching out he pulls the male to his feet before smiling. Stuffing his hands , he hopes the other didn't feel the gun when they collided. It's only when he sees the blood on the ground that his eyes flicker down to the males hands. 'Damn, way to mess it up Park.'

 


 

Smiling softly at Daehyun, Taehyung begins to fold the set of clothes he had picked out for the day. While he was sure he could keep the clothes he was wearing clean he had a slight suspicion that the pups that were normally in his care would be rowdier than usual, since having taken the three days off as his brother had said Taehyung for the lack of a better word was having puppy withdrawal. The small barking and play time he had gotten used to had been filled with the sound of the television and him clinging onto his phone and flinching everytime he heard someone walking by his room. When Daehyun had found out he had been having difficulty falling asleep, he had come over with a pillow and a blanket. Thus every time he fell asleep it was to the sight of his brother leaning against the wall with a cup of coffee in his hand and waking up to an empty room with a plate of breakfast ready to be heated up. Just as he's done folding them, the sound of the door opening has him quickly turning around. Partially in fear about whatever gang his brother refused to tell him the name of having finally found him and in excitement to see the brother he hadn't seen since the day of the two gangs shooting.

At the sound of a soft click, his eyes move to Daehyun whose gun was already out and pointed directly at Baekhyun. For a moment he doesn't know why but the sight of the gun bothers him. He knew what his brothers were involved in, and while it had bothered him before it hadn't felt like it did now. The sight of Daehyun with a gun was chilling. Before he can ask Daehyun to put away the gun, the sound of the door closing has his eyes moving to the male now within the room.

"Trying to kill me Daehyun?"

When he hears the teasing tone the breath he was holding escapes him. Blushing at the raised brow Taehyung looks away from the knowing gaze from the two older males. At the snort, from Daehyun who puts away the gun, Taehyung turns to Baekhyun who greets him with a wide smile as he opens his arms. Rushing into his older brother's embrace he sighs at the hand carding through his hair. Pulling back he grins widely before going back to getting ready for a day at work. At the quiet whispers behind his back, he tunes them out. He didn't need to know what they were talking about, even if he really wanted to know. He knew if it was important they'd be sitting down and going over it. 'Are they ever really going to get away from this life?'

Zipping his backpack up, Taehyung's quick to collect his phone, wallet, and keys. Seeing the time on the clock he's quickly stuffing everything in his bag before pushing both his older brothers out the door. 

"I'm going to be late!"

Slamming the door shut behind him, he checks once to make sure it's locked before bounding down the stairs. Rushing out the door, he glances over his shoulder as he yells back at his frozen brothers, "I love you!"

Not hearing the loud laughter he leaves behind Taehyung's quickly apology to the women glaring at him for almost running into her. Having dug out his phone, he looks away from the black screen. Eyes focusing on what's going on right in front of him, his blue eyes widen as his walk soon turns into a pace when he checks the time on his phone. Running along the sidewalk as he sidesteps the people in his way, Taehyung can only hope he won't be late for work. Just when Taehyung is sure he's going to make it, right when he turns the corner he's running right into someone at full speed. Stumbling he tries to right his steps but at the grunt, his hands move to catch whoever he ran into. When he fails not only does he just fall but his left knee ends up hitting whoever was below him when they landed on hard concrete. Throwing his hands out in aspiration to avoid causing any more harm to the unfortunate person he had run into the pain blooming on his hands has him gritting. Pulling his right hand hastily up to inspect he loses his balance as he falls and rolls away from the grunting male. 

Turning around, Taehyung's already trying to figure out a way to apologize. Once his head isn't spinning he glances up. When he sees familiar grey eyes and light brown hair his heart is not only pounding loudly in his ears but his throat tightens in horror but just before he can panic about what he should do next hands are reaching out and pulling him to his feet. Mouth parting, whatever he was going to say or scream remains locked away at the silky voice speaking and gentle smile sent his way. Taehyung can't help but wonder if he mistook the male before him for the gang member in the alley.

 


 

his lips, Jimin smiles softly at the confused male before him. Deciding he'd stared at the stranger before him long enough he asks, "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"Huh?"

Slightly surprised at the deep voice, Jimin can only grin wider. 'Well aren't you full of surprises/'

Pointing at the blood on his pams, Jimin continues, "Your hands are scrapped, I was wondering if your hurt anywhere else?"

For a moment Taehyung remains silent before he begins to look himself over. Not feeling anything out of place or aching he sends a bashful smile before he whispers, "N-no, thank you for asking. But, um..."

Taking a better look at the stranger before him Taehyung doesn't know what to say. For once his skills of being able to talk to anyone flees as he begins to squirm under grey knowing eyes. He doesn't know whether to apologize first, ask if he was hurt in any way or ask for his name. 'Would it be a better apology if I knew his name?'

Looking back up into grey eyes he's quickly looking away. 'What's with the look? Did I do something?'

Seeing the male before him struggling Jimin bends down to collect the notebook, clothes, and phone. When he sees the phone screen had remained intact he lets out a sigh of relief. It's only when he hears a hasp and muttered apologies, thank you's and curses that his eyes widen as he takes in the now frantic male before him. The once light blush was now dark, on tan cheeks. 'Cute.'

 

Gripping softly onto the male wrist Jimin smiles before handing the backpack over, "Hey, don't worry about it. Everything fine. You should probably clean your hands, don't want them getting infected."

"A-are you sure? I really am sorry..umm"

"Jimin, my names Jimin."

"I'm really sorry for running into you Jimin. I didn't mean to."

"That's alright," pausing Jimin can't help but narrow his eyes when he sees Taemin's smug smile and raising brows, looking away and focusing on the male before him his eyes soften. Realizing he didn't know his name yet Jimin can't help but ask, "What's your name?"

"Oh, I'm Taehyung."

After a few more minutes of talking to Taehyung, the other is quick to apologize before leaving. Quietly, Jimin watches as the male runs down the sidewalk. Following after him he watches as he runs into a pet store. Smiling at the way Taehyung smiled at the lady behind the counter and how the young pup running around the store ran up to him, Jimin can't help but hope that maybe somehow they would be crossing paths once again.

 


 

Months later when Jimin has Taehyung in his arms he won't be able to stop the laughter from escaping his lips at the shiver that runs down Taehyung's back as his hands trail down his back while his teeth softly nip at the skin at his neck. At the bright laughter and stars dancing in blue eyes, he'll still remember the first time he ever met the male in his arms. Pressing his lips against his boyfriend's he groans at the hand tugging at his hair.

If only that moment could have lasted before the truth of who Taehyung was related to didn't come breaking down the door to the warehouse they were in.

For a moment Jimin would question whether or not he should continue to pursue and remain with Taehyung. Yet the thought of never seeing the younger had him scared. Soon when his grey eyes land on his boyfriend's crying face and trembling body, he doesn't like the apologies tumbling from swollen pink lips. Just when Taehyung peers to look up at him, he's quick to shut him up by pulling him into a soft kiss. Panting softly against him he pulls him in closer before kissing his cheek and tucking Taehyung into him. Just when Taehyung is about to fall asleep he whispers, "We'll figure it out baby. I'm not letting you go."

At the sleepily whispered, "I love you."

His heart fills with love and longing. Taking the safety off the gun in his hold his eyes remain locked on the door leading into the room.