Prologue

Restless

He gave them a chance to take his advice but at their laughs, his cold expression broke. The twitching of lips catching the attention of the men surrounding him as it forms into a smile. As his eyes take in the guns being pulled out from pants and coats, he remains calm. Eyes calculating and mind coming up with strategies within a second. When the man in front of him moves, gun pulled up, pointed at him Jimin's mind is already made up. 

The sound of gunshots rings loudly at the dead of the night. The yells of the men scrambling out of the way are drowned out by the next round of bullets. With a single pull and click of the gun another falls down. His laugh is dark and airy as he watches them run around. Cold grey eyes dancing with amusement when he sees their hands shaking as they try to take the safety off of their guns while others try to load theirs behind solid covers. They should have thought better about the offer given, but their arrogance was their downfall.

With another click and pull another falls, the scream of the man dying as another bullet makes it's way to its intended target.

Bang! 

Another dead. At the blur of movement to his right Jimin's quick to duck and roll, gun reloading before he's once more pulling the trigger. Moving back, he blends into the shadows. Ducking and shooting when he sees an opening. As Jimin steps up behind the unaware man his smile is coy when the male looks up to the sight of the barrel of a gun pointed to his head he laughs. He doesn't give him the time to scream, his eyes wide and mouth parted just when another click sounds. As the man falls the blank look in his eyes and the pool of blood collecting on the concrete ground has Jimin moving onto the next man on sight. Another click and pull followed by a bang and thump as he kills again, and again until not even a single man was left standing or groaning.

The smile curving along Jimin's lips is boyish, charming and soft. With the soft smile gone in place remains a Chesire-like grin. His steps are graceful as he walks through the trail of blood and steps over the heaps of dead bodies. Unlocking his phone, he's already sending his confirmation of hitting the targets assigned. At the command to return back to base, he pauses.

Seeing a flash of movement Jimin's turning around gun up and target locked on the fleeing figure. When he pulls the trigger the small click that sounds has his lips pulling down. As his eyes take in the empty chamber his eyes widen when he remembers about the male fleeing from sight. As he runs down the alley, he's throwing the empty gun to the wall when he doesn't see the man who just witnessed his actions.


The chill of the air has goosebumps running up and down his arms. Cupping his hands together Taehyung rubs them before blowing softly. His hands shaking as another gust of wind blows and the cold nips at his nose. Seeing the open alley, he makes his way down. The need to get back home and bury himself under quilted covers throwing all caution to the wind. At the sound of yells, he ducks behind the dumpster. Seeing a group of large men surrounding one his eyes widen at the sight of a gun. 

When the sound of gunshots sound he's clinging on the cool metal of the dumpster. Body shaking with each sound and each scream. As he peers around the sight of the lone man once surrounded killing one after another has him gasping. When he sees the splatter and pools of blood he's retching. Trying to keep quiet he glances away. Hands shaking as he dials 911. As the ringing starts he almost cries when his phone signals it's powering down. Wrapping his arms around his knees he waits, he has to get help. He has to. When he doesn't hear the sound of bullets, he peers once more over. Seeing the male's back he runs. The memory of light brown hair and grey eyes with a gun in hand motivating him to run as fast as he can.