Present

A Midnight Summer Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, Hyejin ended up in the huge bed of Wheein and Byul. They didn’t say a word anymore, sitting right next to each other, hand in the hand under the covers.
They were watching the tv, in silence, an acceptable silence. There was a marathon of Goblin, her favorite show, and Hyejin could almost forget the hours before.
Byulyi had arrived shortly after in her pajamas, and had smiled in their direction, relieved; Hyejin didn’t turn away the gaze from the screen, for fear her own reaction. She couldn’t fake anymore, probably, not that night. All she needed was to forget everything for a minute, or perhaps, forget the negative implications of her feelings for a night. Yes, she could do it. 
The older girl left and returned a few seconds later with beer and some snacks: it was like their old "film nights", where Hyejin pined for Byulyi in the corner of the sofa, ignoring the movie and the sadness.
What a silly memory.
Why had she fallen in love, in the first place? With her best friend’s girlfriend, no less.
Byul finally joined them, and Hyejin ended to the center, between her best friends, a beer in her hand. She tried very hard to ignore the amazing sandal perfume of Byul's body wash, or the warm of Wheein hand, focusing on the tv show and the snacks. They were all her favourites, even the beer.
On the screen, Eun Tak – the female protagonist - cried all her tears locked in the embrace of the man she loved, and Hyejin almost cried too.
She knew every episode by heart, but she always ended up sobbing for their sad love story. She was not surprised to feel Wheein's grip tighten then, probably in an attempt to give her small comfort; gently her hand broke their grip, and started to caress her back.
Hyejin kept drinking, aware that drinking alcohol would make her more emotional, but she couldn’t bring herself to care. She felt good, relaxed, for the first time.
Wheein’s movements were slow and tender, and soon her hand moved from the back to her thigh, and there it stayed for a while, dangerously close to her groin. Wheein's touch, delicate and discreet, burned on Hyejin's bare skin. Maybe was the heating that had reached the maximum temperature, but Hyejin felt hot and sweaty. 
When Wheein started moving again, drawing imaginary circles on her skin, it didn't look like much of innocent anymore. 
Hyejin swallowed, uncomfortable. She and Wheein had always been close, had kissed one time, in high school: skinship with Wheein didn’t scare her, so why everything seemed so awkward? So embarrassing?  
She was imagining it, for sure.
Wheein’s movements were getting more pushy, less casual; his fingertips moved a few inches higher, up her inner thigh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter