Pandora's box

A Midnight Summer Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin rushed home without telling anyone, never looking back.
Her heart was pounding furiously, her world seemed to fall apart more and more at every step.
Wheein had opened Pandora's box.
Their unspoken secret.
Saying it aloud made it seem too real, too…scary.
Hyejin felt the urge to cry. She turned the corner out of breath, exhausted, facing the grey building where it all began. Their university. The huge high grey building seemed mocking her. Hyejin could never forget her first day there, the day when they have entered their first class together, but alone: they had chosen different paths - Hyejin fashion design and Wheein modern art - but they were always together.
Of course they were, they came from the same neighborhood, the same high school, the same pathetic little town.
At that time, Hyejin believed that anything or anyone could never change their friendship because they were special. Inseparable.
But then, Moon Byulyi had arrived.
To be honest, it was such a cliché. Two inseparable friends who fell in love with the same person. Hyejin and Wheein were too similar, same taste in almost anything; that they had a crush on the same girl did not surprise Hyejin so much.
At that time, Byulyi worked part-time at the university café and she was very well-liked; she was well known for her appeal and her personality by everyone: she had that special charm that fascinated both boys and girls.
She liked to flirt and joke with everybody, but she had her eyes only for a girl, a blonde cute girl with a weird laugh; Byulyi’s former girlfriend.
Hyejin never talked to them, just like Wheein, but everyone knew them: the two girls were the most envied couple of the campus. And predictably, their breakup made the news. What people said that time, because Byul never said anything - not even after - the blonde had graduated from university and left for a good job.
Byul was really broken up about it. She disappeared a few weeks, worrying her friends, but one day everything just went back to normal, and Moon Byulyi was again busy behind the university bar, offering smiles and cheesy lines.
Wheein was the first to speak to her, on a rainy day: she failed her first exam and Byul had consoled her, offering a hot chocolate and some sweet words of comfort. When Hyejin had arrived, Byul had offered one cup to her too.
Their friendship flourished so spontaneously, so easily, that Hyejin had thought that it didn't make any sense to ruin everything for her stupid crush.
What a pity that Wheein had not considered the same thing.


After taking a fast shower, Hyejin had taken refuge in her room.
She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter