Hey! My neighbor!

Nearest, Dearest

Chapter 1:

 

"Yena! What about breakfast??"

"No time! I'm leaving.  Byeee Mom!!"

 

I was hurrying to school because I was afraid to be late for the club's practice.

Although this was still summer, we did practice almost every day.

As a tradition for the theater club, we held a stage play every year during an orientation week. 

It was the only time to advertise our club and of course, recruit more members. 

 

On the way, an unfamiliar girl was passing by me. She was carrying too many items and unknowingly dropped some. I picked her things, followed her and handed them to her. She might be new around here since I had never seen her before. I shook my thought out of my head before rushing to school.

 

 

 

 

--

We practiced for two hours before taking a break and discussed about the stage's details. 

"Well, I am sure that we all aware that we only have three weeks left." Chaeyeon, the club's president reminded everyone.

 

"Too bad the songs are not finished yet, especially the opening song." She added.

 

"I'm sorry to let you guys know that Eunbi unnie does not have time and we need a volunteer."

 

Now all of us were whining about the news. Most of them said that they were still finishing their parts.

I also thought one week was kinda short.

 

"Unnie, I'm still writing mine." Chaewon stated.

"Anyone?" Of course, none of us raised hands.

 

Somehow, I could sense that all eyes were on me.  I kept looking at the scratches on the floor, pretending to be interested in them.

 

"Yena?" Chaeyeon asked me directly.

 

Before I could say anything, Hyewon managed to assign me this task. She spoke loudly.

"Oh yesssss! Everyone! Yena is going to do it".  The rest agreed upon and exclaimed happily.

 

 

"Wa...it! I have not said anything!" 

 

 

 

"I think you can do it. You are the best among us. I am sure you can still ask Eunbi unnie" Chaeyeon slightly padded my shoulder while talking to me.

 

 

 

Oh my gosh, Is it possible? This is a huge responsibility and I don't want to ruin our play.

Eunbi unnie is really busy after becoming the school's president. Only one week. Oh no Yena!

 

 

 

 

--

While the others resumed practicing, I was lost in my own world trying to write the song.

I did not realize hours had passed and the practice was already finished.

 

"Alright, I made 3% progress....."

 

"I'm doomed!!" I screamed loudly.

 

 

"Calm down Yena, you still have time. It's okay if you'll skip the practice next week" Chaeyeon assured that I can do it.

 

 

 

--

When I reached home, I was super exhausted.

My parents were really surprised at how much food I consumed.  Well, I had not eaten anything since this morning.

After dinner, I rested a bit before went back to my room.

 

I was sitting at the balcony with my guitar, trying to get some air.  I tried to write the melody but my brain was blank. My eyes were really heavy..

 

 

 

 

 

-- Morning--

"Oh Dear! How did you fall asleep like that? You will get a cold!"  I fidgeted as I heard my mom's voice.

"Breakfast is ready." 

 

I woke up feeling unwell. My whole body ached.

I dragged myself to the kitchen and started eating with my eyes closed.

 

 

 

"DING DONGGGGG"  Someone rang our doorbell. 

 

 

 

"DING DONG  DING DONG"

My body refused to move and I kept eating.

 

"Yena! Why didn't you get the door" My mom complained and headed to the door.

 

"Hi, This is Choi's house. "

 

" Ahnyonghaseyo Ms. Choi!  We just moved to the next door. Please to meet you!"

 

My mom was talking to someone, who seemed to be our new neighbor. 

Because of my curiosity, I went to the front door but mom already got back inside.

 

"Mom, Who gave you that?" She came back with a box of souvenir. 

 

"Oh, she is the daughter of our new neig-" I rushed outside before she finished.

 

 

 

I saw that she was walking back inside...

 

 

 

 

"Ahnyonghaseyo!"

I shouted to get her attention. She halted and turned to my direction. I walked up to her. She was a little bit shorter than me. Her long hair went well with the bang. 

She was actually cute.

 

 

 

"I'm Choi Yena. Very nice to meet you!"  I smiled nicely and offered her a handshake.

 

 

 

 

She giggled and shook my hand.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jo Yuri, Very nice to meet you too!"