Chapter Nine

where you should've been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m not going to the rehearsals with you. I agreed to be your date and that doesn’t mean I have to go to the rehearsals.” Sunggyu states, falling backwards on the navy blue leather couch, Woohyun’s whole apartment was in that colour scheme, the teacher really thinks a few splashes of a deep red around the place would match quite well. That’s the first thing on his list of things to do when he moves in, in the future.

 

They had arrived in Seoul the day before at around ten pm because the elder thought that Woohyun having lunch with his parents would be a good way to reintroduce him to the family. Let’s just say it was an interesting affair. And to avoid another fiasco like the night before last, Woohyun took a selfie showing that he was indeed home and sent it to all of the parties concerned. The photo ended up being sent an hour after their arrival due to Woohyun’s countless attempts of trying to get the elder in the picture as well. Sunggyu had called him a bloody idiot.

 

The producer is leaning against the kitchen island bench, freshly showered and all suited up for the ceremony practice. He looks completely composed despite them both waking up at three pm to a bunch of excited messages in the wedding party group chat that the happy couple had made to speed the process up, the rehearsals are at four and he has twenty minutes to get there.

 

He sighs, “You have to come though, I’m sure everyone is bringing their dates. I’ll be the odd one out.” he pouts, crossing his arms over his chest. He honestly has no idea if you are meant to bring your date or not but Sunggyu doesn’t need to know that.

 

“Deal with it. Plus I’m going shopping with Jackson and his boyfriend to get a suit to match yours and that reminds me.” He pulls out his phone and snaps a quick photo of pouty Woohyun for later reference and totally not just because his almost partner looked absolutely adorably stunning.

 

Woohyun grins when he finds a loop hole, “You’ll have the suit by tomorrow, so you can’t get out of tomorrow’s practice.” He skips over to the stunned elder and kisses his lips quickly, “Make sure to send me pictures of the suits you try on. Bye bye, love you.” He slips out the front door and laughs at Sunggyu’s muffled comeback, ‘I’ll just take my time then!’

 

The elevator music didn’t seem as dull as it last did he didn’t know if that was due to his mood or having someone to go home to. His nose tingles when he exits the elevator, it had decided to pour down rain and with the chill, to the air, it honestly didn’t feel like the middle of summer, the middle of winter maybe but not summer.

 

The drive to the establishment was quick, Sungyeol and Myungsoo had decided to hold the ceremony outside, outside yeah I know. They had booked a riverside boat club out for the reception and were going to set up rows of chairs in front of the Han River in a cute little grass area for the ceremony. Luckily Woohyun only lived in Gangnam and the location was fairly close.

 

The producer pulls up in the car park just in time. He stops his engine and watches the rain splatter against his wind shield in bucket loads, he was not looking forward to walking out in that. He glances over towards the river bank and his face pales, they had set up a white marquee and by the looks of it there were people inside. Were they really planning on rehearsing in that?The thing hardly looked stable in Woohyun’s opinion.

 

He picks up his phone and dials Dongwoo’s number.

 

“Hello, Woohyun-ah.”

 

“Please don’t tell me we’re in the marquee.”

 

The elder chuckles, “Well I’m not. I’ve got Mijin-ah in the boat house helping set up for the reception, I don’t think she would’ve appreciated being out in the rain. But I know you guys are, and by the way, how did it go with asking you special someone? I saw feet in the background of your photo last night.” Dongwoo and Howon had adopted a new born baby girl six months prior, little Lee Mijin was already a huge part of the group’s family and had taken a liking to Woohyun quite quickly.

 

A large smile makes itself at home on Woohyun’s face, “He said yes, but he doesn’t feel comfortable coming to the rehearsals.”

 

“That’s okay, us ‘ dates aren’t required anyway.”

 

The younger takes a deep breathe, trying to build up telling Dongwoo the identity of his date, he starts with something obvious. “Dongwoo hyung… I love him.”

 

“You know… I was worried about you. I was starting to lose hope that you’d move on from Sunggyu.”

 

Woohyun’s breathe hitches, “Um actually about that-“

 

A baby’s cries interrupt him, “ah sorry Woohyun, Mijin-ah just woke up and she’s probably hungry. You should be getting to the others as well. Aigoo-” The line goes dead.

 

Woohyun sighs, bringing his fingers up and rubbing his temples, it was going to be harder than he thought. “Okay it, let’s go.” He opens his door quickly and stepping out. After slamming it behind him he makes a break for the marquee, hands over his head shielding his hair and face, it doesn’t do much to help. The producer can feel the water seeping through the fabric of his suit.

 

Woohyun struggles with the clip holding the plastic to the entrance shut, clipping it back up behind him quickly.

 

He ruffles his fingers through his hair to stop the dripping, “Jesus . Whose idea was it to do it here when you have a perfectly good building less than 50 meters away?” he complains. A blue and gold tie is thrown at his face. He fastens it around his neck absentmindedly.

 

“Stop whining, we’ve got to keep it authentic.” Sungyeol rolls his eyes, he turns back to the rest of the bridal party, “Okay we can start now that my sorry excuse for a best man has arrived.”

 

“God you’re an . Myungsoo how are you marrying that thing when you can marry anyone?” Woohyun accepts the towel that Myungsoo’s best man-Jongsung? Soojung? Sungjong? He’s not entirely sure-hands him.

 

The younger laughs, “What? Are you offering hyung?” he teases raising an eyebrow at the male.

 

Both Sungyeol and Woohyun’s eyes widen.

 

“Myungsoo what the hell!”

 

“No! Gross! God no! I take it back! You’re perfect for each other!” Woohyun quickly retreats to stand next to Howon who wasn’t even trying to hide the amusement on his face. He slaps the married man’s arm, “and you shut up.”

 

Howon holds his hands up in defence, “Didn’t say anything.”

                                                                                                                                                                           

“Um are we going to start? Or are we just going to stuff around?” Moonsoo-Myungsoo’s brother-peeps up.

 

Daeyeol nods, “Yeah let’s start, I have a video game to finish.”

 

Sungyeol screws his nose up at his brother’s priorities, “You and your screen addiction, how are you, my brother?”

 

“By blood hyung, by blood.”

 

 

 

 

 

Rehearsals finish with only some minor complications-the marquee unearthed, they spent 30 minutes trying to chase it down and secure it-they had taken refuge in the boat house now and were also sporting dry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter