Chapter One

where you should've been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt as though everything around Woohyun had stopped like time was frozen. He was walking down the busy streets of Seoul, but they were quiet, deathly quiet, they were still and unmoving.

 

He began to weave his way through the abundance of frozen souls, staring curiously at a woman who was in the middle of dropping all of her papers on the ground. An overwhelming sense of déjà vu overcame his senses and suddenly time began to move again. He watched the papers hit the ground and scatter.

 

He felt his body reacting, wanting to help the woman but his body was frozen still like he had swapped roles with everyone around him. He was the immobile one now but no one seemed to pay him any mind to him unlike he had with them, it was like he was invisible.

 

His line of sight was pointed at the woman. He was stuck watching her helplessly try and gather all of her things when someone kneeled down and started stacking paper with her. Woohyun stared at the oh so familiar figure, he couldn’t see their face but he just knew that this person was someone important to him.

 

”Thank you.” the woman spoke breathlessly as she took the remaining papers from the man who had stopped and helped.

 

Woohyun eyes widen when he catches sight of who the man is.

 

”It’s okay.” Woohyun replied with a large smile, standing up with the woman.

 

Woohyun was watching himself, he had been watching himself the whole time, and how he had no idea. He watched himself bid the woman goodbye and continued on his way, Woohyun stood stuck, still unable to move or speak at all but somehow he still was focused on the other him, no matter how far or how many people the other him passed Woohyun was still right next to him.

 

This moment he was watching seemed so familiar and significant to him, he tried so hard to recall the memory but it wasn’t surfacing at all.

 

He could taste the coffee on his tongue when the other him took a sip from his paper cup, he could feel the tip of his tongue burn at the temperature of the liquid. He felt the air get knocked out of his chest when the other him ran directly into another person, them both falling to the ground, both covered in the hot coffee the other him had been drinking.

 

Both of their belongings strewn around them.

 

At that moment Woohyun felt himself be transported into the body of other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter