#2.

The Simple Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
#2. How you laugh at my jokes, that only you can understand. “You are like my asthma.” “What?” You asked confusedly, with your eyebrow scrunched together. “Because you take my breath away.” You laughed at my jokes. Oh, how I love your laugh. You always laugh at my jokes. Even if they are really bad, but you still love them. You know I try to think of a joke everyday to brighten you up after work. Sometimes you seem so tired and gloomy when you get home from a long day of work. Don’t worry, I always have a joke, that only you can understand. Hehe. _____ Monday: l usually get home before you do since you are the managers’ assistant which means you stay back longer. I was sitting in the living room checking over papers when I heard a door closing. “Hyun?” I went out of the room and saw you looking like you were about to burst into tears. “Hyun, what’s wro-“ You hugged me right away, burying your face in my neck. “Babe, what’s wrong?” I started to rub you back to soothe you down. Receiving no answer, I brought you into the living room and seated you on the couch. “I’ll make you a cup of tea.” I was about to get up until you pulled my sweater. “Stay with me.” You said in a whisper, almost unnoticed. “Okay.” I laid down and patted the space next to me. We cuddled for awhile until you spoke up. “I’m s-sorry.” Your voice cracked which made me worry. “Hmm? Why are you sorry babe? You did nothing wrong.” I started to worry and panic. “My g-grandma is i-in the h-hospital.” You cried on my chest. Hearing the shocking news made me shocked. Joohyun’s grandma was a lovely lady. She took care of Joohyun when her parents were fighting which resulted her dad leaving her and her mom. She would cook me food when Joohyun brought me over to her house. “Do you want to visit her tomorrow?” I hugged you tighter and kissed your head. “Really? I thought you had work.” You looked up at me with those sad and puffy eyes. “Of course we can. Anything for my princess. I can just call my manager.” I kissed your nose which made you giggled. I smiled. I started to crack some ‘daily Seulgi’s jokes’. “What did one boat say to the other?” I asked. “Hmm, what?” You asked curiously. “Are you up for a little row-mance?” I started laughing at my own jokes. In between my laughs I saw you laugh too. “Ahh, that was a good one.” You stared at me. “I’m sorry for being such a cry baby.” “It’s ok, no need for being sorry babe.” I pecked your lips and got up. Even when you cry I still think your beautiful. Our close friends and I know you are sensitive to most things. One of them is emotions. It’s true that you can’t control them unless you can. I mean I haven’t witness anyone in my life that can just not get mad, sad, happy, frustrated and many more. Humans were made to have feelings, unless you’re emotionless, which is hard to handle and do. My heart always beat fast when I’m with you. _____ Sunday: Sunday is a day where we laugh until there’s no tomorrow. I tell a couple of jokes on Sunday, most are pretty bad, I have to admit. But you would still laugh your off until your cheeks hurts, your eyes tearing up, and your stomach aches. We were currently sitting on our bed, with me telling jokes to you. “What did the patient with a broken leg say to the doctor?” I asked, moving my eyebrow up and down. “Pffft, who knows? What?” You were already about to laugh. “Hey doc, I have a crutch on you.” I was trying to hold my laugh in but failed miserably. “Hahaha, oh my gosh Seulgi!”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter