Chapter 2

Operation Black-Out (Semi-Hiatus)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey Minari, wake up.” Nayeon shook Mina gently as she tries to wake the latter from her slumber. “It’s almost time for your appointment, we got to go soon.”

Stirring awake from her sleep, Mina cracked open her eyes to meet the warm brown orbs which quickly turned into crescents as Nayeon smiles back at the younger. Giving the younger a peck on the forehead, Nayeon pulls Mina up from her bed and made her go wash up before they head for the clinic. Nayeon took Mina’s coat and her car keys and waited for her at the living room.

“Remember your meds!” Nayeon reminded as the younger strides groggily to the kitchen and swallowed her pills along with a glass of water.

Nayeon helped Mina pull on her coat and pulls the younger girl with her towards the carpark to grab her car. Seeing the still tired girl walking lazily with her feet pointing outwards and her eyes half open, Nayeon can’t help but giggle at her little penguin.

“Minguin, hurry, we don’t want to be late.” Nayeon pulls on the younger harder and took bigger steps, earning herself a whine from the said girl who started taking bigger steps too.

 

Upon reaching the clinic, Nayeon said some code words to the receptionist while Mina sat behind her sipping on a packet of orange juice waiting patiently for her turn. The receptionist nodded at Nayeon and asked another nurse to lead them to their appointment room.

In the room, the doctor asked a few questions then did an ECG test and scans of her heart. The results came out rather positive with the doctor prescribing Mina with a refill of her medication and handed Nayeon some emergency shots. The doctor also reminded Mina to diligently take her medication while he informed Nayeon on the use of the emergency shots privately.

“Mina-ssi’s results are,” The doctor paused for a moment to think, “better, is the word. It’s been around six months since the accident and she is recovering well, but her heart muscles will still be deformed. She would still need to depend on the medication for we can’t predict when she will suffer a heart attack, as for the emergency shots, use it when she is experiencing symptoms of an attack. Here’s a biometric watch,” The doctor informed and passed Nayeon the watch, “This would help a lot with the monitoring, and sync the watch to your phone to monitor her heart rate.”

 

Sighing heavily to herself, Nayeon went out to the receptionist to collect the medication while Mina is making faces at a dog by the glass panel.

“Minari, let’s go.” Nayeon said while holding her hand out for Mina to take.

“How was it?” Mina asks innocently.

“Good, just continue to take your meds regularly, alright? And I will prepare some emergency shots in your bag in case anything bad happens.” Nayeon reassures and caresses Mina’s head, then remembering about the biometric watch, Nayeon proceeded to put on the watch for Mina and synced it with her phone.

“So I can get to you if any emergency happens.” Nayeon smiles at the younger and led them to her car.

 

Nayeon updated both Jihyo and Jeongyeon about Mina’s situation, and especially reminded Jeongyeon about the emergency shots in case anything happens during work.

“See Nabongs, I told you Mina is going to be fine.” Jeongyeon reassures across the line with Jihyo agreeing by the side.

“Stop beating yourself too much, what has happened, already happened, focus on the present and we are leaving Mina to your care.” Jihyo says light-heartedly, an attempt to console Nayeon.

“Alright, thanks guys.” With that Nayeon ended the call and looked over to see Mina preparing dinner.

 

“tsskk…” Static came from the walkie talkie that Jihyo bugged. “Sir, we have bugs in our ranks.” Upon hearing the information coming from the talkie, Jihyo jerked from her chair and proceeded to text Jeongyeon to standby to evacuate their spies.

“It’s Mina and Nayeon!”

Please log in to read the full chapter