Chapter 4

Operation Black-Out (Semi-Hiatus)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

 

She has finally said it.

Nayeon has finally snapped at Mina. Even though Mina has ever felt that she was a burden to Nayeon, and how one day Nayeon would finally be fed up with her, she never thought it would hurt her this much. She thought she will be prepared for the impact, she thought that she was stronger than that. The matter of fact was that she wasn’t; she wasn’t prepared to have her heart broken.

Tears streamed down Mina’s cheek as she ran, with the cold wind blowing mercilessly on her. She went as far as her legs and heart could take her. She could feel her heart beating heavily against her chest, her breath getting shorter as she ran further and her lungs hurting from the intake of the cold air. When she finally felt that she couldn’t continue anymore, she stopped. In front of a wishing fountain, ironically where she wished to whatever deity was there that she could stay with Nayeon till death do them part. Mina stared onto the statue on the fountain and laughed mockingly to herself as she recalls to when she made the wish.

Laboured breaths quickly turned into short gasps for air as Mina felt her airway constricting as her heart beats erratically against her chest. Pain suddenly took over her form as she bends forward holding one hand onto her chest. Mina lets out a low groan as she feels her chest tighten further; frantically searching her pockets for her medication proved to be tougher with her shaky hand and consistently blurring vision. In the moment of haze, Mina reached to the bench nearby for support to keep herself standing.

 

Nayeon brought her hands to her face as she slid ungracefully down the wall which she was leaning into. Sighing exasperatedly, Nayeon thought to herself. I ed up, again… Holding onto the wall with one hand, she pulled herself up as steadily as her drunken self can manage and staggered to the main road. Nayeon hailed a cab and gave the driver Jeongyeon’s address. Maybe its better if I stay away for a bit. Nayeon closed her eyes as she’s on her way to Jeongyeon’s apartment.

Since Jeongyeon’s place is quite near the bar she frequents, it didn’t take more than five minutes before Nayeon reached. She took shaky steps towards the door after she paid the driver and knocked heavily, restless from all the alcohol that she has consumed.

“What are you doin… Woah!” Jeongyeon exclaimed as Nayeon fell into the former’s arms.

“You reek of alcohol! And I swear I will skin you alive if you puke on my couch again!” Jeongyeon nags at the older as she brings her and quite literally threw the older onto their couch.

“Oh my goodness, Nayeon…” Jihyo came out from the bedroom only to be greeted by a woman sprawled on her couch. Jihyo removes her glasses as she pinches the bridge of her nose, anticipating a headache.

Jihyo and Jeongyeon both let out a coordinated sigh as the familiar scene unfolds before them, and this has been happening since the start of their mission. Suddenly an alarmingly loud beeping startled the eldest in the room from her slumber as she starts moving her hands all over the place to look for the beeping device. Jihyo then went forward to help the drunken woman as she takes Nayeon’s phone out from her pouch.

“Erm… Is this a flashing heart rate meter??” Jeongyeon went forward squinting at the flashing and beeping device, also known as Nayeon’s phone.

And suddenly reality hits Nayeon in her head as she quickly took her phone back and she panics.

“It’s Mina! Track her location, Now!” Nayeon screams frantically at Jihyo as she took Jeongyeon’s car keys and tossed at the owner. “Drive!”

 

The more Mina gasps for air, the less air seems to fill her lungs. One moment she was standing, the next, she was

Please log in to read the full chapter