Chapter 3

Operation Black-Out (Semi-Hiatus)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Nayeon, I need you to come over now.” Jihyo said over the phone and immediately cut the call without giving Nayeon a chance to reject.

Sighing to herself, Nayeon grabbed her coat.

 

“This better be important Park Jihyo,” Nayeon started the moment she stepped into Jihyo and Jeongyeon’s apartment, “I promised to make breakfast for Mina.”

However, Nayeon was taken aback by the heavy atmosphere in the room with the two of them before her holding a serious expression on their faces.

“It’s Code Red now,” Jihyo said, “The Underground is confirmed to be working with the local authorities. This mission is more complicated then it started out to be.” Jihyo sighed heavily as Nayeon let the information sink into her.

“HQ says to activate Mina before it reaches Code Black.” Jihyo said while looking into Nayeon’s eyes.

“We have one week to figure out a plan or you will need to wake Mina.” Jihyo says dejectedly, knowing full well how the older absolutely hated this idea.

“No, no no no… Mina just got better, I can’t risk it.” Nayeon chants under her breath.

“It’s an order, Nayeon, I can’t do anything about it either.”

“Why do you think she is put into that café with me, Nayeon? It’s so that she can recognise some faces and analysis these people. Her mind may have forgotten how, but her muscles remember. She is important for the rest of the mission to succeed.” Jeongyeon exasperated, as much as she hates to sound cruel, but that is the truth. The mission cannot be completed just by the three of them.

“Nayeon, with all the intel you have provided, we can come up with a plan which requires minimum fight. That way we can reduce the chances of being found out, plus it would be safer for all of us. I need you to stay mission focused, alright?” Jihyo tries her best to calm the agitated girl down while shooting Jeongyeon a displeasing look.

Taking in deep breaths, Nayeon tries to get the gears in her brain to work out a plan which wouldn’t require much of Mina’s involvement. With the amount of trust The Underground has in her, she can easily volunteer to help with their businesses and infiltrate the different warehouses where they usually store their logistics.

“Do you think we can just blow the whole place up?” Nayeon questions as a plan starts to form in her head.

“I believe so,” Jihyo rubs her chin as the gears starts generating a feasible plan. “we can make it such that it looks like an accident, or when things really reach Code Black, HQ allows for us to take them down regardless of the method.”

“Err, guys?” Jeongyeon interrupted, “Once we start attacking, it will be Code Black; this town is only this big. Plus, we need a synchronised attack and bring them down at one go, the government is starting to be involved in their businesses, remember?”

“We certainly do not want history to repeat itself…” Jeongyeon mutters the last part to herself.

Hearing what Jeongyeon said, Jihyo immediately turned to the girl and slapped her hand over . However, Nayeon indeed heard that and started to make her way towards the door.

 

 

Upon seeing how Nayeon has panicked on the scene of Mina’s incident, Jeongyeon made her decision to secure their investigation results first. She drove back to their safe house to secure all the information before informing Jihyo about Mina’s accident.

“Sh*t! Let’s go get them.” Jihyo exclaimed as she immediately tracked down the GPS on Mina’s phone, and then instructed Jeongyeon to go get money from their stash.

“Right, we need to seal their lips.” Jeongyeon mutters to herself and prepared a briefcase of cash and brought Jihyo to her personal drive.

 

While on the ambulance, Nayeon was panicking so much, seeing the drop in blood pressure and staggering heartbeat, she begin leashing out her anger onto the paramedics.

“You better make sure she’s fine!” Nayeon grunts as she flashes out her pistol, pointing onto the poor paramedic’s temple.

“Okay okay!” The paramedic struggles with his words as he quickly inserted a needle onto Mina’s arm, as the other paramedic pumps air over Mina’s mouth and nose.

Pointing her pistol onto the ambulance driver, Nayeon shouted the address of a private hospital and insisted that they will only go there. Trembling, the driver agreed and proceeded to drive as fast as possible to the said hospital.

Suddenly, Mina started spitting more blood out of as a cough wrecked through her body, and her vitals began flashing. The paramedics positioned her on her side to prevent her from choking on her own blood. One was holding onto Mina while the other took out a tube and said something about having to intubate her first. Seeing the scene unfold before her, Nayeon feel tears rolling down her cheeks involuntarily, hands trembling in fear and she hugged her knees close to her body.

“It’s all my fault… It’s all my fault…” Nayeon keeps muttering under her breath, repeating the same line.

 

When they finally reached the hospital, Mina got pushed into th

Please log in to read the full chapter