four

As sweet as you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hehe this might be a bit messy considerining i didn't proofread and wrote this with a pounding headache.
enjoy!~

Sakura eyed the slowing black sedan that pulled at the side of the road, few meters away from them. When someone exited the car and took calculated steps towards them, she fastens their pace.

She then wrapped her fingers firmly around Chewon’s wrist, pulling her along, causing her bag of groceries to swing around as they navigated through the busy streets of Seoul.

“Uhm, Sakura? It hurts, can we slow down?” the redhead asked and attempted to free her wrist from Sakura’s grasp only to fail; she struggles to match Sakura’s pace.

“I think we’re being followed, just follow me and DON’T LOOK BACK!” the older girl warned but alas, it’s too late, Chaewon had turned her head. Her gaze fell on a suspicious figure and when their eyes met, she went cold.

Sakura started to pump her legs faster, feet pounding heavily on the pavement as they started to run aimlessly. The redhead almost tripped trying to match the older girl’s pace.

The person chasing them seemed to catch onto their intentions and picked up their pace as well, closing the distance between them. 

When Jurina called her earlier warning her about any possible attacks or movement tonight from the group of criminals they were watching for a while, she didn’t think that they will be making their move this soon.

With a deep breath the Japanese took a sharp left, running down a narrow alley. Honestly, she doesn’t know where this path would lead them but she knows for sure that she needed to lose their pursuer and save the younger girl from any possible danger.

She took another turn; unfortunately, what faced her is a wall. Dead end.

“.” She cursed under her breath, eyes darting around their surroundings to see if there was anything that could aid in their escape. The place, however, was barren, save for a trashcan and some wooden planks.

By the time she looked back, their pursuer had already caught up. It was a female clad in a black suit; with her face hiding in the shadows of her cap.

She watched her take slow strides towards them.

“U-unnie” Chaewon whispers, and Sakura new by this time that Chaewon is scared, mainly because she barely calls Sakura ‘Unnie’. Heck, she doesn’t even call her cousin ‘Unnie’ and at this very moment, Sakura remembers how much younger Chaewon actually is. She might have a strong facade but the reality was that the latter was still a kid.

She hid behind the older girl, the hem of Sakura’s pullover.

“It’s going to be okay.” Sakura flashed a small reassuring smile and gave Chaewon’s hand a squeeze before letting go and stepping forward, facing the girl directly.

She heaved a deep breath “What do you want?” she said, voice and demeanor calm.

“I need Kim Chaewon to come with me. Hand her over.”

“And if I don’t?” she arched her brow and balled her fists. Chaewon’s not so sure if Sakura should be giving that sass at the moment.

She heard the girl sigh and scratch her cheek “I have no choice but to use force.” She snarled as she pulled out a switchblade from her pocket.

“Unnie…” Chaewon’s voice cracked at the sight of a knife. The blade glinted under the dim, flickering street lamp.

Sakura hummed and walked towards the wooden planks, bending down to pick one up “Alright then.”

. Sakura cursed under her breath.

She might win a couple rounds in fortnite and counter strike and received proper combat training but hell, her heart might explode at the nervousness.

She advanced towards her opponent, wooden plank on hand ready to swing anytime.

The girl slashed, aiming for Sakura’s face. She ducks and the girl goes for another slash to her thigh but Sakura was faster, stepping back to put distance between them but also ensuring that Chaewon was behind her.

She observed her opponent with narrowed eyes, waiting for the perfect time to strike. In one fluid motion, Sakura swung the plank at their assailant’s head in hopes of knocking her out but was blocked with a jab that snapped her plank in half, leaving Sakura with two scraps of wood instead.

“Talk about unfairness.” She sighed.

The girl steps up and makes a jab but the Japanese girl blocks it with her arm. This time, she lands a successful hit on her attacker’s wrist, causing the knife to clatter to the floor. Before her attacker could get the blade, Sakura kicked it away and out of reach. Seeing how they were both unarmed, they cautiously eyed each other with fists raised, ready to strike at any sudden movement.

Sakura sidestepped and used her left leg as a pivot as she brought her other leg up to deliver a perfect roundhouse kick that caught her attacker in the cheek. Their assailant was clearly disoriented from the force of the kick as she stumbled slightly, trying to regain her senses.

The kick caused her cap to fall back, revealing a head of long blonde hair that illuminated in the dim light. Without the cap obstructing her face, Chaewon’s eyes narrowed at attacker’s familiar features. As she racked her head for memories of where she might have seen this person, the othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter