two

As sweet as you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Notes:

sorry I didnt proofread this so if there are any mistakes or anything, just bear with it HAHAHAHA I'll edit it when I have enough time

 

__________________________________

 

 

She ran her fingers to her red locks, it’s past seven yet there’s still no cute girl arriving on her shop. She played unconsciously at the end of her strands, nervousness pooling on the pit of her stomach.

“What if she got caught on an accident?” “What if she got sick? Would there be someone to take care of her?”

Call her overreacting but she can’t help the thoughts ran on her mind like stampede. She nibbled on her lower lip.

The girl usually arrives every quarter to seven. Clad with her school track suit or the daily school uniform for seven consecutive days, she arrives without fail.

And yes Chaewon feels pathetic that until now she doesn’t have the courage to ask for the girl’s name and number and she regrets it now.

When the clock ticks quarter to eight, chaewon heaved a disappointed sigh and removed her apron and placed it on the rack. She peaked through the kitchen door and watches her cousin pound the dough, her incredibly fit biceps squeezing through her chef’s whites.

 “Hey, I’ll be going now.” She said, Eunbi glanced at her for a sec and gave her a warm smile.

“Alright, take care on your way.”

“I will.” She then left the bakery with heavy steps.

 

____

 

“What’s with the long face, Wonnie?” Sakura placed the tray full of freshly baked croissants on the countertop.

“Huh?” with her brows furrowed she tried to focus her attention to the older girl.

“You’ve been weirdly quiet for the last week, is there something wrong?” the Japanese girl asked, eyes full of concern and Chaewon feel the guilt eating her insides.

“No. everything’s fine. Just stressed over school and stuff.” Technically she isn’t lying, she’s really stressed over school requirements and her portfolio to appease and appeal good colleges since she’s a graduating student.

“I see. Then try one of these.” Sakura showed her a small tray of sweets shaped as a cherry blossom flower and colored in pink. “Sakura namagashi and sakura higashi they are  great pair with teas. They are traditional Japanese sweets, since my family ran a traditional Japanese sweets business back home, so I figured why not make my specialties and add it on the menu. I talked to Eunbi and she agreed and now all I need is your approval.” She smiled so bright it almost blinded Chaewon.

“Alright.” She picked up the cherry blossom styled sweet and took a bite of the sweet delight, it’s sweet and chewy texture fills up and with another bite, and the sweet red bean paste filling tickles her taste buds.

It’s more than delicious. She can’t explain how the flavors explode inside , with wide eyes she looked at Sakura and gave a big thumbs up.

“It’s so good!” she exclaimed, her whole face undeniably brighten up and Sakura’s happy it did helped change Chaewon’s sour mood sweeter.

“I’m glad. Now I’m going to put these goodies on the glass counter.”

“Sure! Put it on the very front!” Chaewon enthusiastically suggested making the Japanese girl giggle.

 

 

__________

 

 

Another week had passed and there’s still no trace of the cute girl’s presence. Chaewon started to give up and convinced herself that she’ll never see her again.

She clutched the brown bag on her hand tightly filled with four mixed berries muffins that she’ll share to Hyewon, knowing her friend’s appetite she’s sure two muffins won’t be enough so she packed another one including her own share.

Just thinking about her friend’s huge smile and bright eyes and how tightly she’ll hug Chaewon whenever she brought her food makes her smile.

With a small content smile she continued her journey towards her school.

That is when she heard a loud screech of tires. She snapped her head to the direction of the sound and saw a black Mercedes-Maybach pulled up at the side of the street just parallel to where she stands.

She watched how the driver’s door opened and a man cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter