one

As sweet as you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon arranged the wrapped pastries in the shelf, her dainty fingers easing the crooks and nannies of the red ribbon tied to seal the plastic wrap.

She proceeded behind the counter and dusted her apron and fixed her red locks. Making sure she’ll look pleasant to any customers that will enter the bakery.

The red head closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, the scent of fresh bread and pastries filling her olfactory system. She glanced at the window and watched as the sun rise elegantly in the sky, spreading soft yellows and oranges completely devouring the color of darkness. She then turned off the only source of light as the bright rays of sun filled the room.

“Chaewon, I’ll be going now. I need to catch the bus or I’ll be late for my class.” A head popped at the kitchen door just behind her. “Sorry for making you cover my shift for Saturdays.” The older girl said as she took off her apron and removed her ponytail, her black wavy hair cascading gracefully on her shoulders.

“It’s okay. I know university could be hard.” She smiled softly.

“Don’t burn down the bakery while I’m out will you?” the older said with a smirk and her eyes glint mischievously.

“HEY! Remember I’m covering for your shift!” she huffed her cheeks in annoyance as she glared at the girl in front of her.

“I’m just messing with you” the older girl patted her head as she smiled fondly at Chaewon. “Alright then.” She started to walk towards the door and opened it and with one last glance and a smile at the red head, she brought her hand on her forehead and gave her a salute “Kwon Eunbi, signing off.”

She shook her head in disbelief that her cousin could be really childish sometimes.

Chaewon lives together with her cousin, since her and Eunbi’s parents are both abroad managing their joint company there and they gave the both of them a bakery to manage as a source of income for the both of them so they can learn how to be independent and how to manage their own business since they will inherit the company in the future.

Eunbi’s on her second year of college, studying both business management and performing arts. She looked up to her cousin the most and even treats her as her own sibling ever since their parents left. They rely to each other the most they may annoy one another to the point that they want to choke the life out of each other but the both of them sure love each other and have a strong bond.

Sakura, their another staff from Japan and currently studying game development in the same university as Eunbi’s and since she have her weekends off so that means that it’ll be her alone in the shop until lunch until Eunbi comes back.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter