Guinea Pig Thieves

Whichever Way

If anyone told Luda that going to a blind date would lead her to have to hide at some dark corner of the campus, hiding away from security guards as Jiyeon barely contained her giggles, she wouldn’t have believed it. But still, here she was. And to make things worse, Bona was holding onto her like her life depended on it, burying her face on the crock of Lee’s neck to muffle her fit of laugher.

Honestly, how did they even ended up in such situation? She was having a hard time thinking with the raven so close to her, smelling like roses and the cheap fried chicken they had as dinner. Well, she couldn’t say it was that unpleasant. A little weird, but nice.  

“Stop it!” She reprimanded when the older girl left out a chuckled that was just a bit too loud for their current situation.

Jiyeon covered , inhaling deeply before apologizing. “Sorry, Ludi. I don’t know what has gotten into me today.” Her journalist reputation was on the line and here she was, unable to handle her giggles. She could say she was just nervous, or that it was the rush of adrenaline that prompted her to laugh, but those would be lies. The reason was far more embarrassing.

The journalism major had dragged Luda out of the library to the old part of the campus, where there was mainly only boring old administration buildings filled with old boring people, and of course, Haru – the university’s mascot and pretty much the only animal to ever be allowed in such place. Bona had studied the habits of the mascot ‘thieves’ carefully, creating a pattern that told her tonight was the fateful night where they would try to steal the mascot to prank the dean like they did every year. It was still relatively early into the night, but people had already called it a day, what meant that part of the campus was closed to the students until Monday.

Her plan was simple, spend some time with Luda at the library pretending to study the case, when she was really just trying to get to know the girl better – this much of the plan was a success, Luda was shy, but easy to talk to and once she got the chance of speaking about her favorite things she would become quite talkative. Jiyeon learned that she was born in Seoul, that she was the youngest in her family and had an older sister, that she was a girl scout once and that she loved pretty much any type of technology. Those were small things, Jiyeon didn’t want to pry into her life too much, this would happen naturally eventually. Thus, she just returned the favor, talking about her family back in Busan, her love for investigative shows and books, the fact that she was an only child and the people that she worked with at the campus newspaper and were pretty much her only friends ever since she came back from abroad.

After it they headed to the old part of the campus, trying to sneak into the main building and failing miserably because security seem extra tough today – what still wasn’t really tough considering they only had one safety guard that was almost as old as the building’s, making the rounds.  So they had taken a small break, at the nearest diner where they got some cheap food that seem able to please the shorter girl greatly – Bona took note of her preferences, at least she wouldn’t need to spend too much on their dates.

Nevertheless, the problem start once they were back at the investigation site, having successfully sneakered into one of the buildings after the guard took a small bathroom break. They were ready to try and search for Haru when the old guard decided to patrol a little too close to comfort, leaving them no option other than hide in the darkest corner they could find and stay as quiet as possible – Jiyeon was having a hard time doing so. The closer the guard’s steps came in, the more Lee would tuck her in closer, her small hands holding onto Jiyeon’s coat as if she was planning on hiding under it at any moment. Instinctively Bona had stepped closer, using the excuse of covering the girl with her body and make them less visible, to be as close as possible.

She kind of expected the other to show discomfort and push her away, but Luda didn’t do so, actually the a smile on her face that was a mix of embarrassment and excitement that probably left a lovely pink on her cheeks as well, it was too bad she couldn’t see it in the dim light of the room. Unfortunately, the brunette wasn’t the only embarrassed there.

Having the other girl so close, feeling her warm breaths, and smelling her sweet perfume was doing things to Jiyeon’s heart, bringing back to life butterflies she thought had died back in middle school when she had her first crush. The giggling was the result of it. Since she couldn’t put her feelings into words, they decided to expose themselves in the worst way possible at the worst time.

What a great way of impressing a girl in the first date – if sneaking into the administration’s building could be called that.

After what seem like an eternity, finally the sound of guard’s steps disappeared and they could breathe relieved. Having no excuse to stay so close any longer, Jiyeon giggled one last time, before stepping back.

“We should use this chance. By my counts, they must be here at any minute from now.” Back to her business tone, she tried to sound convincing, albeit Luda was way too out it to really pay attention. The truth was, Luda was in no better condition than Jiyeon, it was more like the opposite. Having pretty girls talking to her was one thing, having a girl with so very soft hands holding hers was another, now having a gorgeous girl who she might be crushing so incredibly  fast and hard on, hugging her in the dark while giggling adorably was a whole new level for her. Thankfully, her only way of showing how affected she was, was through her incredible – and terribly embarrassing – ability of blushing non stop, what couldn’t possibly be notice in the dark.

The brunette nodded, following Bona as they carefully climbed the stairs to the reach Haru’s room – or where they supposed it was, at least.

Good thing they both had comfortable and silent shoes, making their little journey to the second floor as quiet as possible. They entered a dark corridor with doors on both sides and Jiyeon had to use her cellphone to light the way, as they took turns looking for the right door and hoping that there wasn’t any silent alarms.  Haru’s room – that was only a small room where his comfortable cage was left – was at the very end of the corridor, the door knock opening right away as Luda gently turned it. The younger woman gave Jiyeon an alarmed look, it was never a good signal when things were too easy. Or was it?

Bona had a similar feeling, but she was aware of the chances of a trap being set up to catch the guinea pig thieves – as ridiculous as it sounded. So she gesture for Luda to stay behind as she tried to sneak a peek at the room, getting her date into trouble didn’t seem like the best kind of first impression to give out. Her dark orbs scanned the even dark room and what she saw was even more shocking than get caught by the dean and having to deal with her parents scolding her for being such a bad paparazzi.

She saw her friends.

“Hyunjung unnie?!” She shouted a little too loud, unable to control her shock to the point of even forgetting to snap a picture of the two culprits that were already transferring Haru to a smaller cage using food as a way of attracting him.

Luda, who was trying her best to see anything over Jiyeon’s shoulder, nearly fall face first on the floor when the girl moved to enter the room. She knew she shouldn’t have come with Jiyeon, that girl was too curious for her own good and now they both would probably get into trouble and ruin Lee’s life long record as a straight A student. Trying to keep her balance, she frantically looked for the source of the older girl’s distress and soon found it.

It was her turn to gasp. “Sojung unnie?!” She stared at her roommate, not understanding why in the world she would try to kidnap a freaking guinea for fun. Well, she knew Sojung was a bit weird sometimes, but not that weird.

The older couple exchanged a look, saying at once “Aish!”

 

 


 

A/N: Okay, it was a little crack...Or a lot. But at least we got some bonlu going! We still have a couple of chapters left for this little story, so see you guys soon! Thanks for all the support so far :)