Dorms and Libraries

Whichever Way

Back at campus, they stopped by Jiyeon’s place – where the girl kept her promise and didn’t try any funny business. Instead she went to collect a camera that was probably worth more than Luda’s new gaming PC and some fancy stationary material that Lee had no idea what it was for. “Hold on just a minute, I’ll get some warm clothes.” Bona asked, putting the camera’s band around Luda’s neck, asking her to look after it.

The small brunette hold the camera in her hands, feeling a bit out of place in the middle of Jiyeon’s living room. She didn’t need to look hard to notice how fancy the whole place was, moreover how well decorated and organized it was – so different from her cramped dorm room, it was hard to believe their university also offered such places. It was what she would expect from someone like Jiyeon, yet it was so weird to think the other was still a college student just like her.

While Luda looked around the place Jiyeon changed clothes, opting for a dark blue coat with a sweater and warm pants this time. She also insisted on giving Luda a spare coat since the nights were getting colder and they might even deal with the snow. Honestly, the younger brunette was starting to get worried, what kind of outside activity they’d be doing? She was never a fan of the getting soaked in the snow.

Still, she declined the offer, insisting on getting her own clothes back at her dorm. Bona didn’t argue, following her back to her dorm.

“Er, can you just wait here a minute? I’ll be quick.” Luda was hesitant to let her in, her shyness making a comeback all of sudden. Jiyeon just rolled her eyes, giving her a calm smile and using a simple phrase to guarantee her entry, “You are not hiding any other women of me, right? Because this is would be very shocking on our first date.” After this, a flustered Lee invited her into the small dorm room she shared with another student, that luckily for her wasn’t home in the moment.

Bona used the time Luda was looking for some appropriated clothes, to snoop around, trying to get any hints of the girl’s interests. She was not so subtly since the brunette seem to notice it right away and made sure to get things twice as fast so they could get out of there. Not that there was too much to see anyway. Lee’s room was pretty simple, she didn’t keep a lot of memorabilia and it was a bit messy as well, her roommate didn’t seem any better by the way her side of the room was also unorganized. Bona could only be glad that she didn’t have to share her own place with anyone.

“I’m ready.” Armed with a thick brown coat that matched her hair, gloves and a cute beanie, the smaller woman was more than ready to face the cold – and also very adorable, but Jiyeon didn’t say it out and loud afraid of being misinterpreted. Therefore she only grabbed the girl’s – very soft and small – hand and took her to their next destination. She wasn’t bold enough to intertwined their fingers just yet, but she loved the sensation of their palms together as Luda held her hand tight, apparently appreciating the contact as well. Jiyeon smiled all the way.

The said destination was even more unexpected than Jiyeon’s apartment. The library.

Luda hated to admit it, but she never thought about the raven haired girl as the library kind of person, Jiyeon looked like the type that would just relay on her notes and charm to get good grades and would still do just fine. Clearly she was wrong. Kim didn’t give her time to ask, heading straight to the very back of the place, finding some kind of electronic panel and accessing it without much effort. It seem like she had done it many times before. “So, what exactly are we looking for?” Luda tried to peek over her shoulder, seeing old titles of the school’s newspaper being shown.

“Remember I told you I had a Christmas coverage to make? Hyunjung wanted me to just talk about the campus activities and all that, but I’m not a fan of such boring stuff.” The taller girl explained, eyes still on the monitor as she looked for the right issue. “So I decided to do my own thing!” She stepped back, giving space for Luda to look at the screen properly. It was an old edition of the paper, a Christmas one about the disappearance of the school’s mascot, there wasn’t much detail besides the fact that no one knew who did it or why.

“Wow, they have been doing this for longer than I thought.” She commented, shaking her head slightly. The tradition of stealing the campus mascot, a cute guinea pig, just to put a new one in its place days after was something that everyone knew about. Luda hadn’t spent her first Christmas on campus yet, but she knew that it would probably happen again soon.  “So what, you want to catch the culprits?”

Bona clicked her tongue. “I’m a journalist, not a policemen! I just want to expose them.” She grinned, leaning to rest her chin on Luda’s shoulder. Her eyes had that weird, yet alluring, quality to them again, something that Luda was starting to associate with Kim’s love for snooping around – investigative journalism, as she would rather call it. “And you will help me with it…Please?”

Not even if she wanted, Luda would have been able to say no the older girl. Jiyeon’s warm breath against her face and those beautiful eyes staring at her were more than enough to make Lee’s will power fail. She only nodded in reply.

Jiyeon could have sighed in relief, keeping her confident act had it’s cons. She was afraid Luda could misunderstand her and reject the offer, thinking she was only looking for someone to help on her work, instead of a…Whatever they were in the moment. It wasn’t like her to second guess herself that much, but she was feeling extra careful around the younger girl, she didn’t want to push her away when the brunette gave her such nice feelings – that hopefully were reciprocal.

“Yay! It will be fun, I promise.” The childish excitement didn’t match Bona’s composed appearance of when Luda first saw her, but the younger woman liked this side of her better. It was almost adorable – she doubt the girl had ever been called that by anyone who wasn’t her grandparents, therefore she kept the compliment to herself. She left out a soft giggle, stepping back to get out of Bona’s reach before her blush got out of hand.

“Okay. Tell me your plan.” She asked, sitting down by the table while Bona once more took a place in front of the monitor to check other editions of the newspaper.

The raven haired grinned, clearly pleased to have someone to listen to her not very orthodoxy ideas. She didn’t waste time, starting to explain everything she had learnt in the last couple of days and her strategy for today. Luda listening attentively, not because she was as passionate about the subject, but because she liked to hear the excitement in Jiyeon’s voice and it was starting to rub on her as well.

However, later that night, ‘fun’ was definitely not the word Luda would use to describe their little adventure.

 

 


 

A/N: I'm on time for once lol This is kind of a filler chapter, the next one will be fun, so see you all in two days. Sorry for any mistakes, thanks for reading <3