Blind Dates

Whichever Way

Luda stole a glance at the girl sitting beside her and had to contain an exclamation of surprise. The woman had jet black hair that flowed like a cascade over her shoulders, the hair framed a face of beautiful and elegant features that included nice rosy lips, a distinct nose, double eyelids that protected her dazzling dark brown eyes with little glimpses of silver...She was gorgeous.

Lee had no idea girls this pretty had to go through such awkward situations too. It didn't seem realistic that someone like this girl would still be single.

She moved in her seat, uncomfortable not only because standing near that girl probably made her look even more unappealing in her pink hoodie and round glasses, compared to the perfectly cut white blouse and skirt that the other woman wore. But also because she herself couldn't help but to stare at the pretty girl and marvel about how gorgeous she looked in that outfit.

So ridiculously gorgeous and probably straight as well if she was there for a date. Technically Luda also was, but in her case, she was just too shy to say no to her excited classmates. The girl, on the other hand, had an aura of confidence around her that made it hard to believe anyone could convince her of doing anything she wasn't willing to.

“Kim Jiyeon, journalism. Call me Bona.” Her voice was as pleasant as expected. And was it a hint of an accent? It somehow gave her extra charm. Not that she needed any more.

Luda was so focused on the others conversation that missed her cue and only noticed when the said girl nudged her arm gently, gesturing for her to speak. The boy in front of her, an arrogant type from the languages department, was already giving her a dirty look as if she was the dumbest girl he had ever met – that was probably what he was thinking.

“L-Lee! Lee Luda! Computer science.” She rushed to say, already feeling a pinkness taking over her cheeks due to the embarrassment. Gods, wasn’t she great at it.

“Such a cute name.” Of course it didn't come out of her angry partner, it was the pretty girl instead. She didn't expect to hear it from Jiyeon, moreover she wasn't ready for the smile that accompanied it. Luda didn't say anything, not because she didn't wanted to, but because she could feel the blush going all the way up to her ears now.

Jiyeon forced herself to avert her gaze from the pretty brunette beside her and take a better look at the place. She wasn't a freshman, albeit after taking so much time off college she was doomed to engage in this kind of activity if she wanted to be able to fit back into the group. Honestly, it wasn't so bad. Some of her new colleagues were pretty funny and she was never the type to refuse nice food, also like this she could meet people from other departments. However, she should have been a bit more specific when describing her ideal type, or else she wouldn't be stuck in front of a bunch of dudes that didn't seem able to wrap their heads around the fact that an upperclassmen was there.

Bona wasn't even in the slightest interested and didn't try to pretend. She was having quite a hard time not rolling her eyes at every pick up line and not making up a lie to bolt out of there. But then again her peripheral vision would catch a glimpse of the female freshman at her right and she would think that, perhaps, it wasn't a total waste of time.

After the ending of the introductions, the group decided to do things in the old way and allow the guys to choose the girls by luck – Although Kim always thought it was incredibly dumb, she didn’t oppose. As soon as the men were out of sight, she made sure to pick the least personal item that she could find in her purse, a bottle of sunblock, and put it on the table along with the belongings of the other girls. The objects ranged from hairpins, to cellphones and even a eyeglasses case.

Jiyeon smiled to herself, thinking it was amusing how naïve the other girl was.

Luda must have noticed her gaze, because she started to fidget right away, unable to conceal her nerves.

Lee had never been to this kind of meeting before, however she knew how things worked. The guys would choose from their belongings and she would be paired up with the one that picked her own item. It made her feel like she was back in school when the teams were being selected for PE class and she would always end up as one of the last choices thanks to her small stature and bad vision. Her eyeglasses case was a rather obvious choice and they would probably know right away whom it belonged to. Nevertheless, that was her intention all along.

She didn’t want anyone to pick her by accident and have to deal with an annoyed man for the rest of the afternoon. Of course, there was still the chance of someone picking her for lack of options, and there wasn’t anything she could do about it. Maybe she could convince the guy to end the date early and spare them both of an unpleasant experience.

When the men came back, she kept her gaze fixed on her own hands on her lap, not wanting to watch the humiliating selection. Perhaps she should’ve though, because soon their excited exclamations turned into an awkward silence that Luda couldn’t ignore.

 

She was ready to face them with a yellow smile, taking a deep breath, she raised her gaze to the table, noticing that although her eyeglasses case was nowhere to be seen, none of the men had it.

“What? We are in a new era. We should be able to choose what we like the best, right? I thought this one was pretty cute.” Jiyeon said, holding onto the case and giving Luda a smile that was anything but apologetic. There was this glint in her dark eyes that made them extra alluring. She looked like a woman with a plan and Luda didn’t doubt she indeed had one.

Kim turned to face the confused brown haired girl, her smile didn’t hesitating for a second as she asked. “You don’t mind it, do you?”

Lee wasn’t sure what exactly was going on. Maybe Jiyeon was bored and trying to shake things up, or she was just a big flirty, or even if she really liked her…Any of these options seem better than dealing with a guy that clearly didn’t want anything to do with her.

“Yes! I mean, I don’t. I don’t mind it.” She stuttering, bringing out a soft giggle out of Bona.

“Okay!” Jiyeon said, handing back her eyeglasses case before turning to face the men. “Now, can I have my sunblock back, please?”

The guys, just like the other girls at the table, looked rather confused and even a bit shocked – although Bona could bet some of them were just holding in a laugh, she couldn’t really blame them. Unwillingly, the cocky dude whom had picked her item gave it back, not hiding his displeasure. Kim didn’t pay any attention to him, instead, she suggest them to separate and start the dates properly.

 


 

A/N: Hey there! It's been a while...I'm really sorry for the lack of stories guys! Hopefully I can finish writing it by this weekend and post everything as scheduled.

I'm sorry for any mistakes. Thanks for reading <3