[Main] A Change of Pace

Will you be mine? (A LESol AU)

After they had settled down and finished their desserts, LE noticed that Solji was still a little-shaken thanks to the prying eyes of a few customers and the staff. She pinched her temple in annoyance at the crowd and gave them a glare which made all the eyes on them look away in shame. LE feeling the rage inside her burning and watching the shaken Solji felt that the environment right now isn't suitable for the both of them so she paid the bill and quickly dragged Solji out of the cafe.

As soon as she got out of the cafe with Solji, she turned to look at her with a smile and suggested that a walk down the street would be a nice change of pace. She noticed Solji being hesitant so she gave a little push by asking for a tour of the street since she has never really visited this area before. It worked after she suggested that she wanted to shop and Solji can take it easy by keeping her company and answering any questions that she might face. And so, their peaceful stroll down the streets began.

[Switch POV]

She was fidgeting in her seat from the glances that were coming her way from the customers and the staff. She felt bad about causing the ruckus and shrunk into her seat in discomfort and struggled to focus even on the drink in front of her. As she just finished up her last sip, LE grabbed her and dragged her out of the shop. Her mind was blanked as she was suddenly dragged out but once outside, her mind cleared up and as soon as she did, she noticed LE holding onto her hand which made her blushed shyly.

As she listened to LE talk about a change of pace, she was suddenly aware that LE must have been uncomfortable in the cafe thanks to her. She contemplated running away in embarrassment but LE was still holding her hand and it would be rude of her. And as soon as she was convinced by LE to show her around the shops down the streets, she started to feel more relaxed from LE's smile as the strolling went on. She started having fun as she showed LE where all the nice clothing shops were, what snacks to look out for in some of the unique snack shops around the place, some nice places with a good shade over the benches for rest and so on.

[Switch POV]

She watched over Solji as she walked about the streets, asking Solji about every little thing to keep Solji's thoughts out of the negative zone. And when Solji finally got into a cheerful mode, she could finally breathe a sigh of relief and started truly enjoying Solji's company. She watched as the brightly smiling Solji got into the swings of things and started leading her all over the place to check out multiple shops from a juice store where they both got a nice cooling drink to sip on as they walked to a toy shop where Solji and her each brought a matching keychain to even an ice cream parlour where they got ice cream and settled down on a bench under a large tree to rest. It has been a while since she had a fun time like this and it was all thanks to Solji.

As they passed a pet store and went in for a look at the pets inside, she casually mentioned how one of the white rabbits reminds her of her puppy, wooyoo. It made Solji excited and watched as Solji suggest a park outing the next day to walk both their dogs. She smiled at the childlike woman in front of her and agreed to it without hesitations before laughing softly at Solji who wore the biggest smile she had seen the whole day.

After visiting the pet store, she was taken into a clothing shop where Solji turned to her with a grin. She had a bad feeling about what was to come when Solji casually mentioned about bringing her to a clothing store but never in her mind would she expect a brightly coloured store. Clearly, Solji must have known her taste in dark coloured clothing that brings out the charismatic side of her but here she is, stuck in a shop filled with pastel clothing and accessories. She was about to make a dash for the exit when Solji tugged on her hand and gave her puppy eyes to make her stay. She couldn't resist the eyes and in a matter of time, she was walking down the aisles with Solji picking out cute dresses for her to try on. She was just thankful that her makeup today was not her usual strong ones but a simple one that would not clash with the clothes that Solji was picking out for her.

[Switch POV]

She was plotting against LE who she had seen only in charismatic clothes so far. She had noticed that the clothes, accessories and makeup LE was wearing today seemed toned down so she had decided to try her luck by dragging LE into a shop down a corner. Once they were inside, she felt LE tensed up and quickly used her puppy eyes to convince LE to stay. As soon as she saw LE resigned to her fate, she giggled and started walking through the aisles and picking clothes that she had wanted to see on LE.

She didn't want to be mean to LE so the first few clothes she had picked were some cute shirts and pants that would still fit LE's looks but as soon as she picked a dress, she could see LE grimace in response which made her all the more excited to see it in action. She quickly placed the dress on LE's hands and was about to push the groaning person in front of her into a nearby dressing booth when her friend, Jeonghwa, appeared. She quickly stopped and stared at her childhood friend who was wearing a smirk and she immediately knew she was in luck.

Jeonghwa was the young stylist who not only owns this boutique but also the hair and makeup salon next door. She had been so excited to dress LE up that she had totally forgotten to greet Jeonghwa. With Jeonghwa's permission, she happily dragged the pouting LE into the private studio apartment upstairs where Jeonghwa was living and got the whole apartment to herself and LE for the moment.

[Switch POV]

She groaned when she saw Solji pick up an elegant dress from a rack. She had been carrying a slight hope that Solji would go easy on her when she noticed that the clothes being picked thus far were just pastel and bright coloured shirts and pants that at least seemed comfortable. She had even gained hope briefly when Solji stopped trying to shove her into the nearest dressing booth and went off to greet and chat with a sweet, young girl who had suddenly appeared. She had contemplated taking the chance to run off and apologizing to Solji about ditching at a later time but all her hope was gone when Solji suddenly grabbed her shoulders firmly with a broad smile and the new girl standing behind waving to her with a sinister smirk. As she was dragged upstairs to what seemed like a studio apartment, she had wanted so badly to let out a scream for help.

She was suddenly shoved into an empty bedroom and was told to use the Guest room as a changing room. She watched as Solji closed the door to leave her to change and stared at the clothes and accessories placed on the bed next to her. As she contemplated breaking out through the windows, wondering if she would survive jumping from the second floor, she heard Solji playing the piano she briefly saw in the corner of the living room. She closed her eyes to listen to the piano briefly and was surprised at the angelic yet powerful voice that slowly came with it. With another sigh of resignation, she started changing into the dress she knew Solji was most eager about. She figured that she might as well get the whole thing over and done with by doing just the dress and hoping that Solji would let her pass on the other clothes.

[Switch POV]

It has been a while since she had visited Jeonghwa's apartment. After rushing LE into the room to change, she sat down on the piano that she had once played daily. She had once been a tenant of this apartment during her studies and had even helped Jeonghwa's mother who was the original owner of this whole building in the boutique but she had since moved out to an apartment that was nearer to the office she was working at right now. She still recalled how little Jeonghwa had always sat on the sofa and listened to the piano in amazement.

As she started playing, she started singing along and soon she was just losing herself in the music. As she had just finished the song and was about to play another, she noticed LE in the corner of the room watching her sing. She immediately stopped in awe at the sight of LE and scurried over to fuzz over the looks. She was not expecting LE to pick the dress and would have been fine with LE in the comfy clothes she had picked earlier but here she was, blessed with the rare look that she never thought she would get the chance to see. She was clapping her hand and jumping about as she squealed over the dress and sight before her. Out of happiness, she hugged LE who hugged back gently before she begged LE to let her take a picture. She kept begging LE to do it and after a lot of puppy eyes and soft poutings, LE finally gave in and the two took a picture on the condition that no one other than her was allowed to see the picture.

After taking the picture, she watched LE hurriedly dash into the room again to change and she sat on the sofa in glee as she admires the pretty lady on her screen.

[General POV]

As the two finally settled down on the sofa after the whole shenanigan, Jeonghwa appeared with some cups of coffee and the three sat down for a little chat. The three had fun for a while before they realized the time and the bid goodbye and thanks to Jeonghwa and leaving. Once outside, the two grabbed dinner at a nearby diner before they parted ways with goodbyes and promises to meet the next day at a nearby park to walk their dogs.

=End of Chapter 4=