Chapter Three

Together Forever
"I swore to heaven the first time I met you, that I will protect you until the end of this world."
~ Do you know my heart

 

Suwon’s POV

“Suwon-ah! I heard you have filled a leave for three days.” my co-worker sat beside me while we are having break.

“Yes, I have to attend an important gathering. ” 

“I wanted to take a break for a while. Work’s been stressful lately. I want to go to Gangwon-do, my friend’s been telling me about this new hotel with a scenic view. The though of it is therapeutic.” he sighed just as his phone rings. “Excuse me, I have to take this call.” he said before leaving.

Gangwon-do .. sounds interesting. I took my phone and sent a message to our group chat. Asking their opinions about meeting at Gangwon-do. Surprisingly, Jiwon hyung was the first one to respond.

Jiwon: Great idea Suwon-ah! Why don’t you book for the six of us then?
Suwon: Why me? I don't even earn that much. I can't afford all the expenses. 
Jiwon: Geez, I was just kidding. But it's a great idea. Gangwon-do's got a beautiful scenery. 
Jaijin: It does. 
Sunghoon: I was able to talk to Jaeduck hyung yesterday. I don't think he'll make it. 
He's busy and all. 

I'm not surprised. Jaeduck hyung ..

Jiwon: I'll curse him to oblivion if he doesn't show up. 
Jiyong: Did something happened between anyone of you? He's obviously avoiding someone.  
Jaijin: Not me. 
Sunghoon: Not me either. 
Jiwon: I may have nag at him for countless times but we're good. 
Suwon: Hyung is probably busy just like what he said. Let's not pressure him. 
Sunghoon: I guess you're right. But it would be great if he can join us. I haven't seen him for a year already. 

Me either Sunghoon-ah. I haven't seen him for so long. But I guess it was for the best. 

 

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

23 years ago

“If I were you, I shouldn’t have done that.” Sunghoon shook his head at Suwon.

“Waeyo? I’m only telling the truth.” Suwon said as a defense.

“You could’ve just said lowly but it was too loud. I think he’s mad already.”

“Sunghoon’s right. You shouldn’t have messed up with him. You’re only a freshman after all.” Jiyong said, taking Sunghoon’s side.

“So what if he’s older than me? It’s not like he owns this school or something. Who does he think he is? That punk!”

“Yah! That’s enough. He’s older than you, you don’t know what he’s capable of doing to you.” Sunghoon shushed Suwon by putting his hand on his mouth. “You’re going to get yourself in trouble Suwon-ah.”

The incident at the cafeteria made Sunghoon worry about his friend. It all started when the infamous bully, Eun Jiwon cut in line to get his food. Coincidentally, Suwon was not too far from him. “Aish! We’ve been waiting in line for so long and he’s only doing the easy way. Who does he think he is?” he muttered to express his annoyance but it was loud enough for Jiwon to hear. Jiwon looked around and glared at him. But Suwon won’t back down, he glared at him too. He’d probably get beaten up if it wasn’t for Sunghoon and Jiyong who stopped him. 

Meanwhile, Jaijin and Jaeduck were laughing at Jiwon’s situation earlier.

“I can’t believe a freshman was able to belittle you.” Jaijin said to annoy Jiwon more.

“Hyung can you see yourself in him? He’s probably just like you when you were younger.” Jaeduck chimed in. 

“He’s nothing compared to me. I’ll show that kid who Eun Jiwon really is.”

“You mean Eun choding?” Jaijin answered, causing Jiwon to smack him on the head. “Hyung that hurts!” Jaijin whimpered.

“Then shut up! He messed up with the wrong person.” Jiwon said as he cracks his knuckles.

“Hyung you can’t be serious, what he did was only petty. You don’t have to ..” Jaeduck tries to plead for his hyung to stop whatever he has on his mind. 

“Petty or not, I don’t care.” Jiwon said firmly.

Just when Suwon thought that the day would end well, someone was waiting for him outside the school.

“I’m going now, I still have to fetch my dongsaeng.” Jaijin said behind Jiwon.

“Okay. You can go now.”

“Hyung! This is childish, you should stop it!” Jaeduck said as he tries to tug Jiwon.

“Hush! I’m not going to beat him up.”

They were hiding behind a building near the bus stop.

“What’s taking him so long?” Jiwon said impatiently as he checks his watch. “Do you think he had gone home already?”

“I don’t know hyung. Let’s just go home.”

“10 more minutes!”

“Aigoo choding!” Jaeduck sighed.

 

- - -

 

“Suwon-ah are you sure you don’t want us to come along with you? He might be lurking around you know.”

“Stop with that nonsense Sunghoon-ah! I’ll be fine.”

“You have our number, call us when you need help.” Jiyong added.

“Both of you seriously needs to stop now. Nothing’s going to happen. I’ll keep going now, I might miss the bus.”

They all went on their separate ways. Suwon heads to the bus stop by himself. Oblivious of what’s going to happen, he walks at ease when suddenly he was blocked causing him to trip.

“Watch where you’re going kid! This is your first warning.” Jiwon said as he immediately left without looking back. 

“Kwaenchanayo?” asked Jaeduck as he helped Suwon stood up. “I’m sorry about that, hyung just likes to act childish sometimes. Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you. He just wants to intimidate you.”

“I’m .. fine .. Thanks.” Suwon stuttered.

“Look at your knees!” Jaeduck exclaimed as he saw Suwon’s wound which was the outcome of Jiwon’s childish behavior. 

“Jaeduck-ah! What are you doing?” Jiwon screamed from afar.

“Aish! That hyung! Treat it when you get home, okay?” Suwon just nods at him.

Jaeduck runs fast to catch up Jiwon who’s now on the other street. Suwon just missed the bus, he had to wait for 30 minutes. He took his cellular phone then dialed Jiyong who instantly picks it up.

“Suwon-ah? Is everything okay? Did something happen?” asked Jiyong. “Is Suwon alright?” he can also hear Sunghoon on the other line.

“Where are you?” he asked.

“We’re at the arcade now. Wanna come?” asked Jiyong.

“Yeah, sure. Wait for me.” he hangs up. He called his mother that he’d be late to get home. Before going straight to the arcade, he went to the pharmacy first. Ten minutes later, he spotted Jiyong and Sunghoon playing Tekken. 

“We were so worried that you got lost while going here and .. whoa! What happened to your knees?” asked Sunghoon who looks so concerned with Suwon’s situation. “Give me those! Your wound needs to be cleaned right away.”

“So, what happened?” asked Jiyong as he helps Sunghoon on treating Suwon’s wound.

“Eun Jiwon happened.” Suwon sighed.

“I knew it! You wouldn’t listen to me, see what happened?” 

“Sunghoon-ah that hurts!” Suwon whined.

“Oh, sorry. Jiyong-ah please give me the band aid. You should be careful next time Suwon-ah.”

“Good thing. Jaeduck hyung was there.” Suwon said dreamily. His friends exchanged looks. Sunghoon was confused but Jiyong gets it right away.

 

- - -

 

“Hyung, you didn’t have to do that. He scraped his knees because of what you did.”

“Why do you even care? It’s not like he’s dying.” Jiwon said irritably. “You’re just overreacting Jaeduck-ah.”

“Hyung I need to go now. I need to be home by 7.”

“Alright! Be careful.” Jiwon said but he was paying attention on the screen.


Jaeduck can still clearly remember the look on Suwon’s face. He felt that he needed to protect the younger one from Jiwon who’s just trying to scare him off, he doesn’t want him to get hurt in the process. 

Oh, how he doesn’t want Suwon to get hurt.

That precious boy. 

♡♥