Chap 2 First day

Life's Mischievous Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So this is where my new life begins..." Ara looked at her father from a distance.

She thought for a second that he looked very worn out, different from when mom was still with him. But what did she really care, she felt a little bit worried because obviously he is her father, but from another point of view, she felt like he deserved it. After all, he broke her mothers heart. At this precise moment, her life in so many levels, she could hardly put it in to words. 

A forced smile crawled it's way to her lips as she  made her way to her dad that stood before her. One could see from his expression that he missed his daughter.

"Have you been well Ara?" Her father warmly asked as he helped carry her briefcase.

"Everything has been good..." She cleared as she stared at his tired self.

"Lets go! Let's go" He hurried her home, smiling at the fact that he finally was with his little girl. Not that she was little anymore. 

"You must be tired from the trip" He tried making conversation.

"I want to just sleep" Ara sighed as her eyes strolled the view of the skies and buildings of Korea and entered the taxi. She could feel the cold air that made her body instantly shiver, even though she was wearing a warm jacket. 

"It's been a long time..." She mumbled at the sight. She hardly remembered anything even though she spent 7 years of her life in Korea. Maybe it was because she was still young or the shock of her parents divorce and sudden move, that made her forget a lot of things.

"You're mother.... Is she doing well?" She could feel the guilt that filled her fathers voice. All she could do was just sigh and land her head against the cold window "Let's not talk about that appa..." and silence filled the air.

"I've handed all the paper work so you just need to get your schedule at the school tomorrow" He informed her while her eyes were glued at the Seoul streets that passed by.

"Appa..." She kept following the view as they drove, not sparring a single glance at him.But even so, he was happy he was reunited with her, even though guilt followed his path since he knew he wronged his family for so many years "What is it?"

"I'll try to get a long with this school..."

"Really?! Promise?" He beamed at the thought. She nodded at him. Do I have a choice? I was forced to practically come here...

Ara's POV

A new day began, and the sunlight made it's way to my room. I woke up with appa shaking me to get up "Wake up Ara" but the will to want to go was very low. The lazy me was stronger I guess.

"I'm up" I brought down the blankets that were covering me as my dad walked out of the room. I suddenly remembered about my school uniform. 

"Appa, where's my uniform?" and he just scratched the back of his head. "I forgot to buy it!" His eyes widened as he took money out of his pocket and placed it in my hand "I ordered it in your size you can just pass by the shop and buy it"

First day and it's going to be like this already? Great, just great...

All I could do was just sigh as I took the money. He's careless and helpless like always... He hasn't changed a bit. Usually they say for each sigh we gain a wrinkle. God... for the amount of times I've sighed since my arrival, I might as well be announced as a granny.

He then passed me a paper with the address of the shop and school as he hurridly grabbed his briefcase and turned to me before leaving "Try not to be late for school"

"Arghhh..... Let's go I guess..." I mumbled, trying to smile cause this is the life I'll have to start dealing with.

"Now....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter