TxT:AU 3: Its Not Easy

Double T, Double N

Present day.

A week has passed since that fateful day. A week that was felt like years. Tzuyu walked through her daily life half-spirited, still trying to wrap her head over the reality and what could she do about it. Luckily, Taec has work out of town on most of those days, hence she didn't have to face him since she didn't know what will her expression be.

Yesterday, on her day off, she went to the noraebang with Chaeyoung and Mina, to sing her sorrow away. She isn't the type to drink much, because she is definitely a light drinker. God knows what kind of chaos she'll kick of if she ever indulge herself into it again.

They had a quite great time singing to some hit songs of solo and idol bands. She let her hair down and screamed through some western rock songs. They had laughed, until she stumbled upon a bittersweet melody..,

"....tears fell, no, tears are still falling, just when I think of you, when I look at you,"

..and her tears sprung out of nowhere, creating two shiny trails on her pink cheeks.

"..I know I wont love another person, cause I don't wanna let you go..., in my memory,

"...Just like if I was wacthing the main character of a movie, please be the person who once loved me, if you hear me,

comeback to my side again..,"

...thats when she couldnt help but futilely wished again....

..

Today is monday, though. Taec is mostly likely back to office, and Tzuyu prayed that she can maintain her composure when the time comes. She checks her crisp white shirt, black pencil skirt, and blazer once again then  takes a deep breath, and leaves her apartment.

On her way to the office building, she can't help glancing at the crowded street, realizing how, for some months until recently, she usually met Taec who was somehow also on his way despite having his own car. He would say hi first, or she would, then they would share some morning talk, smiling together. He would silently take the outer side of the sidewalk to shield her from the busy pedestrian, and hand her anything that he has, be it coffee or some bread. Or he would tell her about the antics of the cat he adopted, the sibling of one she adopted herself since they found the strayed cats together one afternoon.

If she was gloomy after something happened between her and Jackson the night before, Taec would guess right away. But he was never meddlesome. He would simply tone down his spirit, and calmly point her the positive sides of everything. Sometimes he looked gloom too, but she, ever the oblivious, didnt really care to know why.

She thought, after he knew about the nature of her relationship with Jackson, the awkward situation between them will wear off. Him being his close friend, and his almost confession to her.. She thought he would understand and they can be friend like before.

That he did. He didn't avoid her too much, he just gave her more space,  but their friendly encounter kept on going. On days that she needed someone to understand her position as an idol's girlfriend, he gave her the support she craved.

She was just too naive, to think that she let his dimmed eyes go unnoticed.

And the day she saw that pretty woman waited for him at the parking lot, that pretty, tall, slender woman, a famous model and businesswoman, Im Yoona, she felt something she never thought she would feel towards someone else other than Jackson. She couldn't bear the sight of her smiling and opening her arms wide towards Taec, hugging him tight. What more was his reaction towards her. He didn't push her away instantly. It the first time she saw him like that, and for some reason she didn't comprehend, her chest hurt.

"Huff... Enough with it. It wont change anything. I'll be okay. I'll be okay," she takes another deep breath, and walks into the almost full elevator.

"Good morning," she politely greets some coworkers inside it, half bowing as far as she could in that small space.

"Good morning," they replied in kind. Most of them like her, for her politeness, working ethich, and rather sunny disposition.

The elevator goes up, and some people starts to disperse to their respective floors.

"Ding..," Tzuyu reaches her destination. She walks out towards her station, greetings more people on her way, and plops down to sit down. Almost automatically, she busies herself with work.

The atmosphere is really good. Everyone goes about their respective tasks with smile. And it will surely intensify when one person arrives...,

"Good morning, director, " a chorus of greetings is heard from the end of the alley, announcing to her that Taec has arrived.

Tzuyu takes yet another deep breath, and turns to face him who is walking towards his office, replying his employees' greetings with wide smile and little bow.

"Good morning director," her voice comes out a tad too high than usual. She slightly bend her head, in her effort to avert his eyes.

To her dismay, his step stops.

"Good morning, Tzuyu," he replies.

Against her will, she looks up. He is looking back at her, with a kind smile, that instantly fades when he notices the bag under her eyes even though she has tried her best to conceal it with make up. There is only so much make up can do.

He himself looks good, with his impeccable suit.

'Of course he would look good,' Tzuyu blurts inside, rewinding the scene of his kiss with Yoona last week. She feels miserable.

"Excuse me director, I need to go to the restroom," she bows a little and walks past him to the opposite direction. He nods and stares after her for a while, then continues to his office.

When he reaches his office and settles in his desk, Taec fishes out his phone. He takes a long breath, and crosses his finger that what he does isn't breaching the office ethic. He cant help but concern for her. Its like his nature already, no matter how much he convinces himself that its no good for both of them.

So when Tzuyu comes out of the closet stall, her phone buzzes. Its a short message.

"Tzuyu, are you okay?,"

"Jackson Oppa..?," her forehead creases when she sees the sender's familiar number, eventhough there is no name attached to it. Why only now.., 

"I saw you entering the restroom five minutes ago. You don't look that good," 

', I forget he is the other owner of this company!,' Tzuyu hangs her head. 

"I want to see you. Can you come to the Director's room?," 

'Oppa..why are you so insistent?!,' she whines internally, 'I've clearly told him its not going to work between us, what else does he want?'

'In the director's room no less,' 

She doesn't know whether Jackson has a hunch that Taec has a feeling for her, but ever since Taec knew about their relationship, he never been shy to shower her affection in front of him. And Taec, despite turning away, tried his best to help them unite. 

Two months ago, before she goes tired with the hardship of dating him, and her own feelings, she might be okay with Jackson's behavior. But now, its not that easy anymore.. 

'I miss you, Tzuyu. You'll come, right?,'

--

As he types the word on the couch in the director room, Jackson sighs. He puts down his phone, then eyes Taec warily. He is looking at him too, his unsent text still on his phone screen. Slowly, he deletes the message. 

"Do you think she'll come?," 

"I honestly don't know. She doesn't seem in a good condition," Taec replies with eyebrows knotted, clenching his jaw. He doesn't know that Jackson and Tzuyu have broken up almost a month ago; none of them confided him, and Jackson was busy with overseas filming as an excuse to only come and tell him now. 

"But I hope you'll settle this personal matter out of the office," he adds, tone more stern, 

"don't trouble the priceless employees especially when they at work," 

"Heh," Jackson scoffs, "Its that all you concern of?," 

"You don't even care to help your friend anymore, now that you date Yoona sunbae?," 

Taec narrows his eyes, "What makes you think that way? And who tells you so?," 

"What ? About you date her?," Jackson snorts cynically, "I have my way to know..,"

"Its long overdue though," he adds, bitterness unmasked in his tone. 

Taec rises from his seat, confuses by his friend's mannerism, "Hey, Jack, what do you mean?,"

"Well, I don't know anymore why you are here, is it to reconcile with your girlfriend, or to probe into my personal matter...,"

"Why don't you tell me she has been contacting you ?," Jackson cut his words off. 

"I don't think its of any importance to you...," 

"Am I not your best friend ?!," 

"Look, its not what you think. We both know that all three of us has history....and you were badly affected by it, so I was cautious of telling you.. Moreover, you have a girlfriend that you cherish..," 

"You think of me so low?," 

"Jack, I've told you its not that !," 

"You think? And you go ahead and date her without telling me anything," Jackson half-hisses at Taec.

Taec sighs, holding his temple, "Jack, really, I don't know why are you being like this. Okay, I apologize if my action hurts you as my best friend. But I don't mean it, really. You, with your busy schedule and history and all.. And then there is Tzuyu, I don't want to her to be bothered too...," 

"Why do you always have to bring her in our conversation?," now Jackson stands too, his voice further hardens. 

"Do you like her that much?," 

Taec feels the veins in his temple throbs, "She is your girlfriend, and she is such a nice girl, I'm afraid if I tell you anything, it will disturb your relationship...," 

"So its really about her, huh?!," 

"What ?!," 

"You think I don't know that you used to have feelings for her?! You think I've never seen how you smile at her back then?," 

"Jackson Wang!," Taec almost loses his cool, "What is your problem, really?" 

"You date her and I, your friend, support you both fully, and you still doubt me? You think I'm that wicked?!," 

"So why do you date Yoona sunbae on my back? Don't you want get back at me for stealing your crush?!," 

Taec is at loss, he doesn't follow Jackson's reasoning anymore. He doesn't know what gets into this friend of him, is it stress from work? Or from breaking up with Tzuyu? Or he still isn't over his heartache over Yoona which happened years ago? 

They are so occupied by the arguments that Jackson doesn't notice that Tzuyu has replied his message. 

"Oppa, I'm sorry I can't meet you now,"

Only when a knock in the door startles them, the two men broke their glares to each other. Taec returns to his seat, face as dark as Jackson who sits back down and slumps against the head of the couch. 

"Please come in," 

The door squeaks open, and Yugyeom, one of the manager, walks in with some documents in hand. 

Jackson glances at his phone and read the message. 

"Why ? Are you still mad at me?,"

"Its not that. I'm taking a day off,"

"Are you sick?,"

"Not really, just a little bit under the weather." 

"I'll take you home," Jackson gets up as soon as he click the send button, doesn't bother to wait for Tzuyu's reply. 

"I've got something to do, I'm off first," he tells Taec without looking at him, and Taec merely nods in respond. 

 

-- tbc

 

A/n: The song is 2pm's "Like A Movie".