TxT: AU: Jilted Confession

Double T, Double N

Tzuyu walks as fast as her feet can bring her through the office corridor, earning her some glances from her coworkers. But she doesn't care. Her heart beats faster and faster every second, as she gets nearer to the emergency stair. Now that she is leaving the working area, she almost run. Towards whom her heart longs for. 

'How can I be so blind,' she thinks to herself, tears pooling in her eyes, 

'How can I let all those signs go..,' 

All the memories of her director, Taecyeon, took care of her floods her mind. All those times, he went on without even saying anything that can burden her, gently and stoically protect her. 

Tzuyu finally reach the stair, and she takes a deep breath before descending fast, praying in her heart that she is not late yet....

As she goes step by step down, she can't help recalling his warm embrace that shields her from the rain the day she cried her heart out, fearing that her idol crush for years, rejected her...

His genuinely warm smile that she receives whenever they met, encouraging her to be bold...

His soft hands that close her eyes when she felt too tired from working extra hours, to get some time free for her date with her crush...

His sturdy back that she laid upon, as he brought her home, she too drunk to remember anything as she ranted about her crush's dating news with another celebrity, even if it was to cover for their budding relationship....

His mesmerized look when she stepped out in a pretty gown, agreeing to go with him to company party, oblivious that she dressed up to impress her crush that she knew was going to the very same party...

His funny texts about the pet they shared interest in..

The way he always walked in the outer side of the pedestrian to keep her safe from unwanted traffic accident, whenever they happened to meet outside of the office...

Tzuyu chokes up as she counts the floor, impatient to get to the bottom of the stair...where he waits.. Her ponytail swings wildly behind her, and sweats start to cover her back, under her cream colored shirt. 

Two stairwell more, and eventually, she arrives. Tzuyu stops to catch her breaths, dries from running too fast. 

"Please..., please...," she whispers to herself.

And thankfully, Taec is there. He is standing with his back to her, at that wider foyer. He is wearing a grey sweater, with a dark blue chinos, his hair is slightly ruffled. 

She can't see his face, but a faint reflection from the large glass window beside him tells her his expression. He is smiling. 

How is it that she only realizes now, how beautiful his smile is? 

She takes a deep breath, ready to go to him. 

But then, another figure appears from the door in front of him. Someone Tzuyu dreads to see.., 

Yoona walks through the emergency door to meet Taec at the foyer. Her smile blooms as soon as she sees him there, smiling back at her. Finally. He smiles back at her. Although she can see that the twinkle in his eyes aren't completely back yet, but she knows that his smile is genuine. 

His sweet smile, at last, directed solely at her. 

"I'm glad to see you," he tells her softly, and she reaches out to him, holding his hands while her face inches closer. 

For a moment, they look at each other without saying any words. Yoona feels her heart wells up with emotion. 

"You don't know how happy I was, to receive your call last night, I flew back to Seoul this instant," 

"You are so impatient.., can't you wait another day?," Taec replies, still holding her gaze. 

"How can I, when you finally agree to be mine?," Yoona asks rhetorically, as she caresses Taec's cheeks, to his dimples. 

"I know...I am thankful that you are waiting for me this whole time when I...," 

"Sshuush..," Yoona puts her finger on Taec's lips, not wanting to hear the rest.

"Past is past. Now I am here, and I will never let you hurt anymore..., I'll treasure you," 

Taec lets out a small laugh, "Isn't it my line?," 

However, his eyes dims a little as he recalls the meaning behind her words. Wont let him hurt...was he an idiot, for pining and desperately trying to win a heart of a girl that he foolishly thought...he foolishly thought has a feeling for him. While in reality, she never looked at him that way...not even once..., 

"It doesn't matter whose line it is now," Yoona says, and she tip toes, closing the gap between their lips. It was soft, and sweet, and heartfelt.... And slowly, Taec closes his eyes, fully receiving and reciprocating the kiss, his hand circling her back in protective manner. 

..

Those scenes happen too fast in front of Tzuyu's eyes that she freezes on the top of the stair. 

He is kissing her....

He is with someone else..other than her...

His smile...isn't for her anymore...

Is she really too late?

Is she.....

Her tears silently fall, streaming endlessly on her cheeks that is still red from all the rushing. 

As they embrace down there, she drags herself from their views, so that they cant see her. He cant see her. 

As Taec and Yoona embark in their new relationship, Tzuyu crumples at the stair. All she can see is their kiss, superimposes with the image of him, when he happened upon her with Jackson, her former crush, or boyfriend, to be exact, holding each other in their arms. The hurt in his eyes were so deep, so deep that she didnt know why, at that time she felt her chest clenched in pain, too. At that time, she didnt know why. 

But it was all a misunderstanding...a misunderstanding...

Now she know why, but it is all in vain...she is already too late, 

Now that her heart beats for him..will she ever get the chance to tell him that?

Tzuyu sits down alone, hugging her knees, sobbing over her unspoken confession..

~~tbc 

A/n: Suddenly inspired from webtoon,