loving someone

shirtsleeves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey. I saw this in our doorstep." Nayeon announced as she entered their shared apartment. She was holding a bouquet of flowers. "They're your favorites."
 

"I told you to stop taking those. Let them rot there." Jennie grumbled.
 

"You don't know even know who it's from though."
 

"I don't care." Jennie hissed as she threw the book she was reading on the table. "They can continue sending these gifts, it won't change a damn thing."
 

Nayeon looked at the card, "But this came from Lisa though. What are you going to do with these?"
 

Jennie got up the couch and grabbed the bouquet from Nayeon's hands which made the older girl gasp, Jennie ignored her and threw the flowers into the trash bin. The older rolled her eyes at her friend's antics. Jennie moved back to the couch and grabbed her book and started reading again.
 

It's been a few weeks after the incident and Jennie and Lisa were still not talking to each other. Lisa gave her time and then after a few days, the blonde went to her apartment to talk but Jennie refused to see her.

Lisa has started texting and calling Jennie asking her if they could talk but the brunette was being stubborn and just kept ignoring the younger girl. Lisa has also been sending gifts to Jennie, but it only infuriated her more, because her ex-boyfriend was also doing the same thing.
 

"Are you coming to the party later?" Nayeon asked as she was now watching Jennie prepare their lunch.
 

"I don't know. I'm not in the mood." Jennie replied indifferently.
 

"Come on. We've just finished our exams, we need to celebrate." Nayeon pouted at Jennie and added in a cute voice, "Please Jen?"
 

"Gosh. Stop that, Nayeon!" Jennie cringed as she threw a piece of lettuce at Nayeon. "Will you stop pestering me about it if I say yes?"
 

"Yes, of course." Nayeon grinned.
 

"Fine, fine. I'll come to the party later so stop annoying me about it."
 

...
 

"Hey babe! Isn't that your friend from that photoshoot?" Jeongyeon asked as she pointed out a woman in the crowd.
 

They were at the party, it's been going well. There are a lot of people celebrating the end of their finals and of finally being free for their upcoming break. Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jennie have just finished dancing and decided to just hang out in the garden, by the tables.

Nayeon looked at where Jeongyeon was pointing, "OMG. Yes, babe, let's go I need to introduce you." Nayeon grabbed Jeongyeon's wrist. "Jen, aren't you coming?" She asked Jennie when she saw that the younger girl didn't move to follow them.
 

Jennie shook her head, "I'm fine. I'll just wait for you here. "
 

"You sure?" Nayeon asked.
 

Jennie chuckled, "I'm sure. Go."
 

"Okay, we'll be back in a bit." Nayeon assured. She turned back and started to pull Jeongyeon as they moved through the crowd.
 

Jennie took a sip off her drink as she observed the crowd dancing and chattering about. Her favorite song was playing, and she was gently swaying to the music.
 

"Jennie! I knew I was going to see you here."
 

Jennie rolled her eyes and thought, 'Damnit. Why the hell are you here?'
 

"I'm so happy to see you here." The person smiled as she approached Jennie.

"What do you want?" Jennie growled.
 

"Come on, Jennie, don't be like that." The person chuckled as he took a step closer to Jennie.
 

"Can you just get lost and stop wasting my time, Connor?!" Jennie snapped at her ex-boyfriend.
 

Before her ex-boyfriend could say anything, Jennie suddenly felt someone wrap an arm around her waist.

"Hey babe. Sorry. I'm late." Jennie heard the person say as the person placed a soft kiss on her cheeks. She knew that voice, she knew that smell. She stared at the person who smiled back at her.
 

"What are you doing?" Jennie leaned in to whisper into Lisa's ear.
 

"Just play along okay?" Lisa murmured back. Jennie frowned but just let Lisa do whatever she was planning.
 

"Hey douchebag! What the hell do you think you're doing talking to my girlfriend?" Lisa shouted at the guy in front of her. Lisa heard Jennie gasp. Lisa squeezed Jennie's waist lightly, silently telling her to continue playing along.
 

"I wasn-" Connor started but Lisa cut her off.
 

"Didn't I tell you what would happen if you approach Jennie again?" Lisa threatened as she raised a brow at the guy as if taunting him. "Connor. Connor. Tsk." Lisa let go of Jennie and moved closer to Jennie's ex-boyfriend. "We've already had this conversation. I told you to stay away from Jennie, didn't I?"
 

"I'm sorry." Connor hurriedly said and then he turned to move away from the two women before Lisa could get to him.
 

Lisa watched as the guy squeeze through the crowd moving far away from them with a smirk on her face.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter