bad at love

shirtsleeves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jen- Jennie, that's y- you right?" Jennie looked at the person who was clearly intoxicated with the way they slurred their words.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie growled. She didn’t need this right now. She doesn’t have time or the energy to talk to this right now.

"It's an open party, babe." The person answered as they took a step closer to Jennie.

"Don't you dare take another step!" Jennie warned.

"Come on, babe. I miss you. Let's just forget what happened and get back together." Jennie's ex-boyfriend moved closer to her. Jennie glared at her ex-boyfriend.

"Get out of my way. Connor!" Jennie screamed and tried to move pass her ex. Connor grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back to trap her against the counter again.

"Let go of me !" She yelled as she tried to get out of the guy's hold. Jennie pushed him, but it only caused him to move back a little.

"Come on, Jen. Don't be a bit-" Before he could finish his sentence, Jennie slapped him with her other hand.

"You're gonna pay for that !" Connor warned, and Jennie saw the fire in his bloodshot eyes. The guy is clearly intoxicated and might have taken something other than alcohol. Jennie saw Connor take a step closer to her.
Jennie saw the guy raise his hand, she closed her eyes to prepare for the impact, but it didn't come. When she opened her eyes once again, she saw someone holding Connor's hand.

"What the do you think you're doing ?!" The person shouted, as she continued to hold the guy’s hand that was about to hit Jennie.

Jennie saw Lisa pull the guy away from her, which caused him to stumble back away from Jennie. Lisa took a step closer to Jennie to block the guy from getting to her best friend.

"This is none of your business!" The guy hissed as he tried to move towards Jennie again. "Let me get that !"

That's when Lisa pushed him again and then suddenly punched him in the face. At first Connor was shocked but blindly threw a punch at Lisa’s direction but she managed to easily duck out of the way. Lisa managed to avoid another punch but wasn't lucky enough to duck out of the third one. Jennie screamed when she saw the guy land a punch on Lisa’s face. The blonde stumbled to the ground.

 

Connor managed to kick Lisa when she was still on the ground. Jennie screamed again, a little louder than the first one. That's when two guys finally arrived, they saw Connor kick Lisa. The two guys immediately dragged Jennie's ex-boyfriend out of the kitchen. Lisa was about to get up, when Jennie kneeled in front of her and pulled her into a hug.

"Jen, get out of my way." Lisa grumbled.

"No! Stop, please." Jennie sobbed as she put her arms around Lisa’s neck.

"I can't, Jen, you know he won't stop." Lisa shouted angrily, moving to get up again.

"No! Let them take care of him. Stop, please!" Jennie sobbed harder and held Lisa tighter to stop her from going after her ex-boyfriend. Lisa sighed but stopped fighting the brunette.

Some people have started to gather around the kitchen trying to see what the commotion was all about.

“Jennie! Lisa! Are you okay?” Nayeon entered the kitchen, squeezing through the crowd.

“We’re fine.” Lisa mumbled.

“Shut up! You’re not fine! You’re bleeding.” Jennie yelled.

Lisa tried to get up again, but Jennie won’t let her afraid of what she would do.

“Jen, I’m not going anywhere. Let’s just get out of the floor.” Lisa whispered into the brunette’s ear.

“Promise?” Jennie said as she carefully pulled away from the younger girl.
Lisa smiled at the brunette, “Promise.”

The two girls got up from the floor, Jennie helped Lisa into the chair.

Jennie looked at Nayeon, "Can you please do something about that?" Jennie asked as she motioned at the people around the kitchen. Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon.

"Okay, people! Nothing to see here! Move!" Jeongyeon began to shoo the people away. Everyone slowly moved away from the kitchen.

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter