We should get married

Our love

“We should get married," Jennie said out of the blue as she is looking out the window, watching as the sun began to rise above Seoul.

Lisa, that was having her coffee peacefully chocked on it, "Excuse me, baby, what was that?"Lisa says looking at Jennie with wide eyes.

Jennie, seemingly being pulled from her deepest thoughts, turns to face Lisa, "what?" she asked.

"Did you hear what you just said?"Lisa asks still shock for Jennie's words.

"No?" Jennie is really confused, "What did I say? Did I say something wrong? I was thinking and I didn’t even realise I was saying things aloud….”.

Lisa seeing Jennie rambling and panicking cut her and says “You said that we should get married," Lisa says still shock herself.

"What, Really? Omg" Jennie asked, alarmed that she accidentally blurted that out. 

Since moving to Seoul with Lisa 3 years ago, they'd gotten into the routine of making breakfast together on Saturday and Sunday mornings cause it is the only days they have time to do so. Sometimes it'd end up being a late breakfast because neither of them wanted to get out of bed, and other times it would wind up being an early breakfast because they had somewhere to be. Every weekend, they would make breakfast together and they sit at the little table in the kitchen and eat their meal together. It was something domestic that had just happened since their move.

As time pass, Jennie found her mind drifting to other domestic things her and Lisa do like read the paper, watch the tv or movies together cuddling at night, pay their taxes, and so many other things. But, in the past 2 weeks, Jennie's mind had been slipping into thoughts of them getting married. Of what it would be like to have Lisa as her wife, and to be Lisa's wife. What it would sound and feel like to call Lisa her wife and have Lisa call her, her wife. And every time she did this, she fell more in love with it.

"Did you mean it?" Lisa asks, moving down from her initial shock and processing the meaning of Jennie’s words and what they imply.

"Mean what?" Jennie asks, still so confuse that she blurted that out loud instead of preparing a romantic date and ask Lisa to marry her properly. She doesn’t even have a ring.

"That we should get married," there is insecurity in Lisa's voice. They have been together long enough for Jennie to pick up on it, so she is quick to provide reassurance. She messed up saying that out loud but Jennie really means it. She wants Lisa to be her wife.

"Yes, Obviously, I didn't mean to just blurt it out, but I did mean it, nothing would make me happier than been marry to you," Jennie says, hoping it would provide Lisa with some reassurance.

Jennie can see how her words lifted Lisa’s insecurities and that those were replaced by an unbelievably excitement that Lisa is trying to mask as she continues speaking. "So, does that mean you're asking me to marry you?" Lisa says with a huge smile on her face.

"I don't want to pressure you or anything.." Jennie starts to ramble again, which is unusual, cause she never rambles.

"Jennie," Lisa get up to kneel on both her knees beside Jennie’s chair, "slow down. Don't worry about pressuring me, we've been together for four and a half years," she took Jennie’s hands in her own, "I love you, you love me. So, were you asking me to marry you?".

"Yes, I want you to marry me," Jennie smiles at Lisa.

"Well then," Lisa brought Jennie’s hands to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on each one, "I would love to marry you, Jennie Kim," Lisa says.

Lisa stands up, and with their still join hands, she pulls Jennie up to. She wraps her arms around her waist and leans their foreheads together.

"We're getting married," Lisa smiles, and Jennie can feel the smile cause they are really close to each other.

"Yes, we are," Jennie smiles back and moved her head up to kiss Lisa softly and gently, trying to commit every detail about that moment to memory.


Unfortunately, all good things must come to end an, which is exactly what happened to Lisa and Jennie's little bubble they had over the weekend. They don’t want to tell anyone they'd gotten engaged, for now, wanting to enjoy the moment themselves for a while first.

Monday morning is quickly upon them, and both Lisa and Jennie were back to their works. Lisa had left the house earlier than usual because she wanted to photograph the sunrise for her upcoming project and Jennie is in the office at her usual time.

Initially, Jennie had been reluctant to take over as CEO at her family's hospital after her father's passing. She knew there would be difficulty with the job, and Jennie wasn't sure if she was up for it, but after a long talk with Lisa and other close friends, Jennie had come to the conclusion that, though it would be hard, she could do it and she was going to.

The morning goes by at a snail's pass, but eventually, lunchtime arrives. Most of the days Jennie and Lisa would get lunch together, but their schedules didn't line up that day, and likely they wouldn’t do it for the rest of the week. It was fashion week in Seoul, which means Lisa has to work extra photographing models and the shows.

So, Jennie decided that she'd have lunch with her best friend Jisoo.

Jisoo had made the move to Seoul a little over a year before Jennie and Lisa had. In that time, she'd managed to build up quite a respectable name for herself in the real estate market. Jisoo joined a real estate company as an assistant, but with hard work, she was able to become one of the business's best realtors.

After a quick conversation with Jisoo to see if she was free for lunch, Jennie makes her way to the elevator and then walks through the lobby and out the main doors, towards the little café Jisoo had gotten her onto when she moved to Seoul.

Jennie and Lisa still haven’t tell anyone that they are engaged, but they'd agreed that they'd start telling people that Monday after their quiet weekend. So, Jennie is very excited to see Jisoo and tell her the news.

"Hey Jendeuk," Jisoo says smiling as she stands up and gives Jennie a hug once she approaches the table, "how are you?".

" I'm Great," Jennie says with a huge smile on her face. 

"Okay? You seem different, what's different?" Jennie smiles, Jisoo knows her so well "What? I'm well versed in the meaning of your smiles, so what’s making you smile like that?".

"Lisa and I got engaged."

"Omg that’s amazing," Jennie nodded and continued smiling, "I’m so happy and proud of you both," Jisoo says pulling her friend in for another hug, "when did this happen?" she asks as they both take their seat.

"Saturday morning.".

Jisoo smiles and nods. "Oh my god!" she said in alarm.

"What?" Jennie asks, confused by Jisoo’s sudden change in tone.

"You seriously don't remember?".

"Remember what?".

"What you said on our first day of senior year."

It took a minute, but recognition eventually dawned on Jennie, "Oh that really happened."

"Yes, girl that really happened," Jisoo is wide-eyed and grinning, "you said that you'd marry Lisa, and now you're going to marry her," she says, "that's unbelievable."

"Yes, it’s," Jennie agrees, "I suppose”.

"You suppose?! Jennie, it is unbelievable. It's an unbelievable love that you two have.".

Jennie smiles in agreement as she thought back on everything that had led her to that point. Everything that had happened to ignite her relationship with Lisa was unbelievable, and she wouldn't change anything about it.

It was their love story, and it was an unbelievable love story.