Number 23

Our love

They got together thanks to a soccer game.

 

It’s spring so that means it is sports season. Their high school offers the opportunity to play soccer and Lisa have been playing on the team since her sophomore year, so no one is surprised when she tries out to be on the team this year.

This is the reason why Jennie finds herself sitting on the bleacher at 4 pm on a Friday. She has been going to all the games of the season. Jennie enjoys watching Lisa play because Lisa is so happy when she is on the field and that makes Jennie really happy too.

It is a really nice day, the weather is hot but nice, the game is going good and Lisa is playing really good but Jennie can’t help herself to become a little annoyed thanks to the two girls that are sitting in front of her.

Jennie at first wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying, she wanted to focus on the game and on Lisa, but when one of the girls said Lisa’s name she couldn’t help herself and she starts to listen to what they are talking.

“Number 23 is hot” One the girls says to the other.

Jennie doesn’t even know why that comment is bothering her that much. Lisa is clearly really pretty, everyone with a pair of eyes can see that. She and Lisa are only friends, they aren’t dating, so why that comment is bothering her so much?.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Jennie is there only to support Lisa and enjoy the game, she would have told the girl that “number 23” is much more than a pretty face.

Cause Lisa is much more than that, she has a unique mind and she is also incredibly modest and humble. She would never make a big deal about being one of the smartest people of the whole high school, Lisa’s heart is so big and full of love for everyone and that is so weird. That makes Jennie so happy cause Lisa chose to be her friend. Also, Lisa has a natural gift in the arts, she is a natural writer, she can express herself and her emotions so beautifully but Lisa was exceptional on photography, you can see how Lisa is troughed them.

Jennie is pulled from her thoughts about Lisa and how amazing she is when she hears the same girl speak again.

“Do you think she is dating someone?”.

Jennie’s previous dislike of her grow after this, and she tells herself it’s cause the girl is treating Lisa as a piece of meat and not as a person.

Jennie shouldn’t be worried over someone expressing her attraction to Lisa, yes she and Lisa were really close but that doesn’t mean Jennie has any right interfering into Lisa’s love life.

Jennie doesn’t want to admit that she is falling in love with Lisa. She remembers vividly the words she said when she first saw Lisa, Jisoo is never going to let it down, but that didn’t mean her feelings were anything that warranted a second thought.

Everyone at some point has a crush on their best friend, no?. It just happens. It's normal.

But as she watches Lisa play, she stars to think about all the things that had happened since Lisa and she started to be friends.

Until she meat Lisa, she had friends but she really went out and her popularity wasn’t high and then all that changed when she meat Lisa, to be more exact everything changed when she first saw her. If Jennie is truly honest with herself, she has to admit that she felt something so strong and powerful that day.

Lisa came into her life like and she became the sun that made her dark sky the brightest one, the joy and happiness she brought was something Jennie didn’t even know she needs it or even deserve it till she met Lisa.

Her thoughts about Lisa and what she means to her were getting louder and louder and Jennie is having a hard time concentrating on the game. She needs to be alone to think, so she picks her bag and she starts to walk towards the main building to try and find some silence and to organise her thoughts.

She stops herself when she reaches a large oak that she used to sit under and eat lunch before she met Jisoo. She sits down and reclined herself against it, closing her eyes and returning into her previous thoughts, no matter how hard she tries to avoid it, she always finds herself going back into Lisa and the warmth and love she brings into her life, how smart and pretty and humble she is.

“Jennie?” A worried voice asks.

Jennie doesn’t have to open her eyes to know to who that voice belongs to. It is Lisa.

“Jennie are you okay?” Lisa asks as she kneels down in front of Jennie.

Jennie eventually opened her eyes and when she does it, the first thing she sees is Lisa’s dark beautiful eyes full of concern.

That’s another thing to add to the list, Lisa’s eyes and the galaxies you can see on them everytime you look at them.

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have a game to play?” Jennie asks also concern cause she knows how hard Lisa has been training for this game and how much she wants to win this game, so her being here is a surprise. “ You trained so hard for this game, go and win the game”.

“I can’t play if my best fan is not on the stands cheering for me,” Lisa says smiling at Jennie, letting her know with her expression that she can talk to her. Lisa moves and sits beside Jennie. “Why did you run off the game? Did you get bored? You know you don’t have to come to the games if you don’t like it” Lisa says with a laugh hoping that would make Jennie laugh too and make things better.

Jennie laughs “ Soccer is not boring, I like seeing you play,” Jennie says with a smile.

“Then what happened?”.

“Honestly, it’s nothing I just need a little silence” Jennie attempts to brush off Lisa’s concerns.

Lisa knows Jennie enough to know that she is lying and she also knows that forcing her to talk is not going to make her do it so she decided to drop the case and try to come back to it later.

“Okay but I’m going to sit here and tell you all the jokes I learned from the book you got me on Christmas until you are ready to go back to the game,” Lisa says smiling brightly at Jennie.

“Lisa you don’t have to, you have a game and you are a really important player and I know how much winning this game means to you, you have to go back and help the team”.

“Nope” Lisa shakes her head but she stills has a smile on her face “ I can’t go back if you are not there”.

Jennie rolls her eyes at Lisa but she still smiles. She knows Lisa would never force her to do anything she doesn’t want to and she knows she is doing this to make her feel better.

“Okay” Jennie stands up “let’s go, your teammates are not going to be happy if you don’t go back soon,” she says smiling at Lisa.

“Are you sure?” Lisa asks as she stands up too. “ Cause I do have some really funny jokes that I know you would like”.

“You can tell me them later, go help your team”.

They quickly made their walk back to the field and Lisa insisted on having Jennie on the team’s bench cause it was not possible for Jennie to see the action from the stands.

They ended up winning and Jennie finds herself in the middle of the celebration.

Lisa quickly make her way over to Jennie after the game, Lisa is so caught up in the celebration she doesn’t realise she kiss Jennie on the corner of her lips.

Lisa pulls back when she realised what she has done “ I’m so sorry, oh men, I didn’t mean to do that” Lisa stars rambling “ I’m just so excited and you are here and you look so kissable but that doesn’t justify what I did”.

Jennie is standing in front of Lisa, to shock to say a word. Even if the kiss was so brief it felt like it had a weight with it, a promise to something better to come. Jennie is already missing the contact.

“Lisa it’s okay”.

“No, it’s not, I really want to kiss you” Lisa keeps rambling and she doesn’t sean to notice what she just said, “ I got so excited that I actually did it and I can’t believe it, I’m sorry, It won’t happen again I promise”.

“No”.

“What?” Lisa asks.

“No,” Jennie says again.

“No?” Lisa is so confused right now she only can repeat what Jennie said.

“Uggghh why I can’t find the words to express what I want?” Jennie says running her hands on her hair. “ Lisa I like you a lot, so what I wanted to say is that I don’t want you to make the promise of nor kissing me again unless you don’t want to do it again, something I totally understand” This time Jennie is the one rambling.

Lisa don’t try to stop Jennie to busy smiling and being extremely happy about the words she is hearing. “ So you like me?” Lisa asks with a grin on her face making Jennie stop talking.

“Yes,” Jennie responds as she feels the weight on her shoulders lift because now looking back, Jennie can clearly see she has been falling for Lisa since she saw her.

“Well good news is that I like you too” Lisa replays with a huge smile on her face that couldn’t even express how happy she is right now.

“So you like me?” Jennie asks.

Lisa nods and takes a step towards Jennie.

“And I like you”.

Lisa smiles and takes another step towards Jennie.

“So can I kiss you again?” Jennie asks smiling.

“Excuse me but I’m the one who kissed you, so when we tell this to people we must say that cause it’s the only way I can convince Rosé I did it, cause she told me I would never have the guts to do it”.

“I mean technically you were excited and you kissed me without realising it,” Jennie says with a grin as she leans towards Lisa.

“We can leave that part out,” Lisa says as she closes the gap between them.

They knew and the feel this is the first of many kisses to come.