Case 01

When The Truth Seems Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: All the places, characters, and scenes are purely fictional.

 

"ARE YOU sure about this?" Krystal asked the lawyer, who's unbuckling her seatbelt now. "She's your ex-girlfriend, Joohyun. And it happened she's the primary suspect of this case." Krystal was gripping the steering wheel hardly. She's quite mad because Irene insisted to meet the suspect in the prison. "Your putting your life in danger." 

Irene turned to her and gave her an assuring smile. "Don't worry too much, Senior. I always draw a line between my personal and professional life." Joohyun opened the door and jumped outside the car. 

Krystal had no choice but to follow the lawyer. She can't trust Joohyun to be alone. 

"Good morning." A police officer greeted them at the gate. "I'm SPO1 Jung Jaehyun. I will be guarding you today." 

"Good morning, Officer." They greeted back. 

SPO1 Jaehyun gestured them to come inside and to follow him until they reach the interrogation room. "Just wait here. We will Ms. Emerson." He bowed her head before leaving the room. 

Irene seated on one of the chairs inside the interrogation room. There's a metal table between the chairs too. She was tapping her index finger nervously while waiting inside the interrogation room.

Krystal was standing beside the door, leaning her back to the wall, crossing her arms in front of her. She noticed the movements Joohyun is making, even the tapping of its feet. Irene must be nervous.

Even if she was against about the idea of meeting the oldest daughter of the Emersons, she had no choice when she saw the desperation from Irene's eyes. Irene insisted to meet the suspect, and her excuse was she wanted to ask some questions. But what kind of questions does she mean?

Though Krystal had no knowledge about their relationship, she's sure the moment the suspect will see Joohyun and realized she's going to be her defense lawyer, the suspect might use her friend to get out from jail. She hates it. She wanted to drag Joohyun outside the prison now!

The other door suddenly slammed opened and that made their heads shot up. Two police men were dragging the Emerson inside the interrogation room. The woman was lowering her head, seemed uninterested and bored about this meeting. 

"Thank you for granting our request, Warden." Irene said, bowing her head once again. 

When Ms. Emerson, the detainee, heard the lawyer's voice, her head immediately shot up. She was visibly shock when her eyes landed on the familiar auburn brown eyes in front of her. Why is she here? What's her business here?

"Call us if you're done." SPO1 Jaehyun informed. They left them but they were standing outside the door. 

Emerson was wearing the prisoner's uniform and her hands were handcuffed. Krystal stared at the woman, trying to read what's on her mind. She saw the expression on the woman's eyes when it was looking at Irene. She looked shock but she was wondering. After a few seconds, her eyes went cold like winter.

Yes, the woman looked every bit of dangerous. Her face is angry. Her eyes are cold and expressionless. Krystal can't study what's on the detainee's mind. And with that she knew, Seulgi Emerson is a dangerous person to be avoided. 

"Have a seat." Irene invited. Seulgi Emerson followed the lawyer's request. She seated in front of the lawyer.

Irene turned her head to Krystal and gave her the signal to leave them behind. 

But Krystal shook her head lightly. "I won't leave you here alone. I can't trust that woman." Krystal said between her gritted teeth. The detainee just smiled at her sarcastically. Krystal clenched her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter