"Room 0294 Murder Case"

When The Truth Seems Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: All the places, characters, and scenes are purely fictional.

 

THE PHONE on the top of the side table was keep ringing since earlier. She had to force to wake herself up in the middle of the night to answer it. It was already one in the morning, and she can't think of any person who would dare to call her at this hour. She blamed herself for not putting her phone on a silent mode.

"Joohyun."

The moment she heard the voice from the other line, she immediately shot up to a sitting position. "Senior." She answered in a business tone. 

"Got a sec?" 

She wasn't able to answer her senior but she was nodding though the person won't see her doing it. This kind of tone, she knew this is about work stuff.

"I heard you are on vacation. So, I was wondering if you got some time." Her senior added. 

"I am. But since it's you who called, and since this will be the last day of my vacation...yeah. I guess I have time." Irene answered. She pictured out that her senior will nod its head after hearing her answer. "Why?" She opened the door to her veranda and walked closer to the fence.

"I want to hear your opinion." Krystal added. "I want to hear an opinion from a criminal lawyer."

Krystal Jung is a famous private investigator in their firm. But before she turned into one, she was a criminal lawyer too. After working for so long, she realized that being a private investigator is what her heart desired. She is Joohyun's senior. And there are so many reasons why she called the woman her senior.

"What have you got?" Irene ran a hand through her hair. This move is an indication she's in work mode. That she's going to focus and she's going to be serious.

"One woman found dead and in a huge bed inside a condo unit. She got eight gunshots on her body and two on her head. The sides of her lips were sliced. The heart of her feminity was sewed using a nylon. There were spots of blood on the floor leading to where the bed is."

Irene slowly raising her head. The details of the case caught her interest. Her lips curved up in to smirk. She always does this when a case is challenging, and she was waiting for this moment. To handle a challenging case.

"Wow," was all she could say. Just now, she heard the sirens of police cars at the background of the call. 

"What can you say?" Krystal asked. The girl was obviously walking away from where the crime scene is because the sirens of the police cars are fading. 

"This is major, Senior." she always call Krystal as her senior. Even if Krystal corrected her, because she wanted Irene to call her by her name, Irene insisted. Until she got used to it. "What else you've got?"

"That's all I could say for now. If you wanted to see the crime scene personally, you are welcome to come here." Krystal's tone was inviting. It's obvious that she want to thrill the lawyer so she will handle the case.

For the past years they have been working together, Krystal always cut the whole information of a crime scene to Irene. It's her way to tell the girl to handle the case. And Irene was never disappointed. So far, the cases she handled were all challenging. But she feels this one is different. It's challenging obviously, but she felt this is the case that will help her to gain more experience as a lawyer.

She got the wealth. As a matter of fact, it was more than what she wished for. The main reason why she became a lawyer was because she wanted to help people who can't afford to have one. She wanted to give innocent people the justice they deserved.

Irene chuckled silently. 

"Yes or no?" Krystal asked, waiting for Irene's answer. Irene remained silent on the other line. "I'll give you time, Joohyun. I will wait for you here at Louisville Comdominium. Bye." Krystal cut the call immediately. 

Irene sighed heavily. She knew this case is challenging and it even caught her interest. But her instinct was pulling her back. Her instinct told her not to accept the case. But for the past three years as a criminal lawyer, Irene never listened to her instincts. And as a matter of fact, she even won all the cases she handled before. This was no different. 

Irene inhaled deeply before brushing her hair harshly using her hand. 

After few minutes of calculating the advantages and disadvantages if she takes the case, she concluded that she will drive to the address Krystal gave to her earlier. She's sure now. 

She got her keys and drove all the way to the famous five star building in the city.

Louisville screams luxury. It's natured design and the very welcoming ambiance gave her no doubt that many people decided to stay here. 

There were a lot of media people outside the building. The real definition of crowded can be seen outside the building now. Just who are they dealing with?

"Joohyun." Irene immediately turned to her side and saw Krystal was walking towards her. Krystal was smiling. "You came." She said.

"I did." Irene just shrugged. "You left me no choice. Where is it?" 

Krystal's eyes widen. "You sure, you wanna check the crime scene? I mean, it's so gore compared to others." Krystal explained but Irene just nod. "Okay. Follow me." Krystal was leading the way to the stairs. They don't need to use the elevator because the apartment was on the second floor. "Here." Krystal opened the door.

A yellow cordon was already at the front door. There were few people wearing mask inside the house. The forensics. The police. The place is not open to the public obviously.

"Who is she?" A tall woman with thin but thick figure asked Krystal. She was wearing a black coat and a navy blue t-shirt under it. She's in her early thirtees.

"Bae Joohyun. A criminal lawyer." Krystal answered. "She's the only person I can think of." She meant that Irene is the only one who could help them. Irene was never been a bias. She will always tell the truth. 

The woman nodded. She offered a hand. "Victoria Song. Senior Police Officer." Irene get her hand and shakes it. They separated at the same time. Victoria gestured the two of them to come in. 

"I have been working with Officer Victoria for a long time now." Krystal broke the silence. Irene just nodded. She wasn't thinking who work with whom. What she's thinking right now is the place where the crime happened. The image of woman Krystal described to her earlier from the call. She didn't need to wait for too long when Victoria opened the door, and a bloody bed welcome her sight. 

"This is it." Victoria said, entering the room. They followed her inside.

She saw a fully woman, dead, washed by her own blood. The sides of her lips were indeed sliced, that made her look like she's smiling from ear to ear literally. There were also holes all over her body. Two gunshots on her head. But what ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter