Second

KitKat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second

 

 

Next week came, and Sehun brought his brother to the hospital again, he sat at the usual waiting seat, and he eyed at the vending machine again, deep down he was hoping if he could meet her again.

Feeling bored, Sehun walk over to the machine and noticed that there is one last KitKat bar left and he smile to himself when he immediately thought of the girl he encounters via this machine, literally.

 

He bought the chocolate bar and walk over to the outdoor park in the hospital. He smiles at the sight of people interacting with one another and took a seat at the bench behind the hedge. He placed his backpack by him and was about to open the KitKat bar but then his attention turns to a humming sound from behind.

He peeks over the hedge and noticed it was a girl wearing a black beanie, he manages to take a whiff of a sweet vanilla scent despite the leafy smell of the hedge. It’s a familiar scent, and so he tried harder to have a look at the face.

Sehun tried to push his head into the hedge to get a better look. He was 50% sure it would be Rin. Rin hadn’t noticed the suspicious person peeping at her until she heard branch noises from the hedge behind the bench she was seated on.

She turns around and at the moment their eyes met.

 

“H-hey” Sehun managed to speak and retrieved his head from the silly action he was doing.

“It's you again”, she said with a smile.

Sehun noticed something was different about Rin, her face was pale.

“Hold on” he managed to say and slung his backpack back on and run around the hedge to reach for her.

He now stands before her, when he thought she look different earlier, he wasn’t wrong, she looks almost like a different person, she was pale, so much skinnier compared to the last time he saw her. He remembered the grey cardigan she wore when they first met, which was the right fit for her, but now seeing that she wearing the grey cardigan now over her patient uniform, it almost looks like an oversized cardigan instead.

Rin had one of her ears plugged in with an earpod, and another hand holding on to a DSLR.

They look at each other without uttering a word. He was worried.

 


“So..when you said you were visiting…” Sehun asked and was afraid to continue the sentence, Rin didn’t say anything and he continued,

“...you were visiting a doctor..?” he finished and sat on the bench where Rin already made a spot for him next to her.

 

She nodded.

 

She took a deep breath, “Leukemia, 3rd stage, I’m pretty much dying actually” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter