Our Family Picture

Family Picture

“Stop sulking! It’s Christmas, you should be with another mood,” Jaejoong nudges his friend when they get the entrance of ‘Jung house’, “besides, you had to tell to your brother that you wanted to go to the cruise clearer.”

“I was just being nice,” Junsu says, “I wasn’t expecting him leaving for real and take his girlfriend to the cruise… it is a familiar trip, now it’s him, our parents and his girlfriend… I was the one who had to be there sunbathing instead of being here alone freezing…”

Jaejoong pats Junsus’s shoulder smiling, “you’re not going to be alone, you’re going to be with all of us. Didn’t you say that you wanted to see Jiyool’s face when she sees your ‘Jun Jun’ bunny?”

Junsu changes his gloomy mood as soon as he sees the child running behind her pets trying to wear them ugly Christmas sweaters, she only interrupts her doings to greeting the new arriving pair and after that, Junsu decides help her to dress her pets with a big smile plastered on his face.

 

 

 

Yunho and Jaejoong go to Yunho’s workroom to have some time alone leaving Yoochun, Changmin and Chanwoo in the kitchen and after accommodate the gifts under the tree.

“Is Jiyool's grandmother coming soon?" Jaejoong asks Yunho, "I think that she doesn't like me... I mean, we didn't talk too much really but if the way she was staring at me is something to say..."

"Bitna could seem somehow cold but she's really nice, give her a chance, besides, who that knows you doesn't like you?" Yunho says winking.

"Oh you flirt..." Jaejoong smacks him , "aren't you nervous about meeting my parents? They'll be here at any moment..."

"I was but my aunt helped me to calm down," Yunho answers, "so I won't worry till they are in front of me... then I can freak out," he laughs making Jae do the same.

"Is that your father?" Jaejoong asks seeing the picture frame behind Yunho.

"Actually, he's my uncle, Changmin's dad. The last time I've seen my father was when I was fifteen when my parents got divorced, not that we were close or anything," he smiles shrugging, "my uncle was more a dad to me than whatever my father was... when he died was awful for the family and after my mom... and I was left alone..." he adds with a saddened voice.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want to make you remember sad things," Jaejoong says hugging the other.

"It's not that sad... I learned to recall the happy things at moments like this..." nonetheless, Yunho tightens the embrace. "I have my daughter, my aunt, my cousin, Bitna, the nanny and now You as a part of my life... of course I have a bunch of crazy friends too," he says and kisses Jaejoong's neck making him giggle before going to grab one of the pictures on the bookshelf. "She's my mom and this one in her arms is my Jiyool when she was one."

"Your mom was beautiful..."

"And she had the handsomest son in the world," Yunho says and Jaejoong rolls his eyes chuckling, "after your mom of course..."

"You're seriously a flirt," Jaejoong laughs openly, "uhm... isn't Jiyool's grandfather coming?"

"No, he's pretty surly more than just serious and he is very strict with his schedule, he visits Jiyool the second sunday of the month without fail, besides, I don't think Bitna would be comfortable with her ex husband here."

"Is that so?... Jiyool gets along with him?"

"Yea, but he's kind of intimidating sometimes so she always sits next to me holding her fluffy octopus, she says that it gives her more comfort when she's nervous because it has many arms," Yunho smiles fondly.

"She has a stuffed octopus?"

"She has a big collection of rare stuffed animals, most of them are presents from 'her Yeye', he sent her an ostrich this time. He definitely gave her the most curious ones, except for her Chinese dragon which is a gift from 'her Mimi'."

"A Chinese dragon? I have to see that one."

"And you'll do it, she's going to show you her room... there's not many people that she lets in. Only our little family, Yoochun and Bitna included and Siwon, of course, enter her room, she says that's a messy place only the people closer to her can tolerate," Yunho smiles taking the picture over his desk that shows Jiyool wearing the corny pink dress from the first encounter with the photographer.

"Her mother must've been beautiful too," Jaejoong says and Yunho looks at him surprised because it's the first time she's mentioned between them, "was she like her parents... All serious?"

"Not at all," Yunho smiles and seems to be looking at the past, "she was the opposite and-"

"Jae!" An excited Jiyool comes in to the room, "I was looking for you. Daddy, can you help Junjun to put the Christmas garland we made on the door?"

"Sure, baby. Come with me, Junsu. I-" Yunho stops his way seeing their German shepherd at the door, "Jiyool, why is Najima dressed like this?"

"Because she was cold, daddy..." the girl answers him with innocent air.

"But why with one of my sweaters?"

"Because when I washed her sweater I did it wrong and it shrank and she's cold, daddy... uncle Wonnie taught me how to fix it so Najima can use it..."

"Is Siwon already here?" Yunho asks forgetting for a moment the dog wearing his sweater.

“No, daddy… not yet,” Jiyool says giggling, “he taught me last time he came here.”

“Don’t think I’m forgetting that you dressed Najima with my sweater…” Yunho crouches down and tickles his daughter making her burst in laughter.

Junsu takes a moment to approach Jaejoong and whispers at his ear, “watch out the green-eyed monster… it’s Christmas, you should be with another mood,” he smirks mockingly and Jaejoong just kicks him surreptitiously glaring at him.

“Well, princess, I’ll take Junsu with me to put the garland and you can go with Jae".

 

 

 

When Jaejoong enters the little girl’s room, he looks around in awe. It’s a ‘neatly-tidy mess’ but it’s a dream for a kid not exactly for the things that there are there but for the warm feeling that the place brings to one. He can notice that Jiyool is nervous so he squeezes her hand and smiles reassuringly. She takes him to sit on the bed and shows him her stuffed animals including the Chinese dragon that her Mimi gave her. He enjoys seeing her trying many of her costumes too, well, just the head, and she shows him too her draws and pictures and at the end a photo album with some of the many photos she proudly says, taken by herself.

“This one is my grandma Yuhye, I have videos too… I'll show you someday” she says pointing one of the pictures, “and this one is my mom…”

The girl keeps talking but Jaejoong stays looking at the photo blankly. It shows a young woman with long loose hair swinging in the wind smiling at the camera in what it seems like a suspension bridge over a ‘sea’ of trees.

“… so when I learn how to read I could read it, until then, grandmother said that I have to take care of it,” Jaejoong snaps and gets to see Jiyool saving an envelope in the back of the photo album.

“Your mom was beautiful…”

“But I didn’t know her and I couldn’t love her nor she to me,” the girl says with quivering voice, “you know why I don’t like being alone with grandmother? ‘cause I don’t wanna she finding out that I’m not that smart as she thinks and then she won’t want to be with me anymore…”

She’s crying and it breaks Jaejoong’s heart seeing her like that, it doesn’t matter how brilliant and strong and lovely and everything that Jiyool can be, she’s still a child hurting for her mother’s abandonment. He holds her in his arms until she calms down vowing silently from the deepest of his heart to protect her and love her always. “There’s no way someone could stop loving you, precious,” he tells her tenderly and she smiles in return.

They continue viewing the photo album once Jiyool composes herself and Jaejoong gets to see a picture of a Yunho running away from his mother when he was around three which makes him smile due the cuteness.

“He’s uncle Wonnie,” Jiyool says pointing to a picture of her dad, her uncle Min and this friend are in, “he’s super handsome and has an enormous heart –that’s what daddy always says– in this one, I’m with him,” she adds smiling and Jaejoong tries to control the green-eyed monster of his jealousy.

“You know, precious?" He says to change the subject, "me and your dad want to talk to you about something very important tomorrow and-”

“This one is from uncle Wonnie’s wedding,” she says leaving Jaejoong surprised for the interruption, “I was scattering flowers that day… and he’s my uncle Hae, his husband. I know that it’s not that real but for them it is. My daddy and my Chunnie explained me…”

Jaejoong looks at the picture that has Jiyool’s uncles in it smiling at the camera in front of a wedding cake, “uncle Hae?”

“You both are like them, right? You love each other," Jiyool says, "I know for how he looks at you and how you look at him... He becomes happier just hearing your voice... you love him? Because I know he really loves you... I love you too just not the same way..." the little girl adds giggling and covering her face and Jaejoong can see that she has her face all red.

He chuckles too before saying with a serious tone, "and I love you too... and of course I love Yunho-"

"...just not the same way," Yunho says from the door, where he's leaning crossing his arms, "and I love him too, princess."

"Are you going to kiss... like in the movies?" Jiyool asks them covering her redenned face once again.

Both men just laugh to cover their own embarrassment.

 

 

 

When Bitna arrives, Jiyool decides going to the kitchen to prevent her grandaunt and her grandmother to 'kill' each other because it's a very tough job just for Yoochun, Changmin ran away from there some time ago. The little girl is totally ecstatic with the arrival of her uncles Wonnie and Hae too and wants to get ready her cookies. Fortunately, the kitchen is really big even when it seems tiny for the older women to be there.

Jaejoong is laying on Jiyool's bed feeling betrayed for Junsu that is comfortably seated in the living room chatting with Donghae and 'Wonnie' together with Yunho. The photographer looks at the ceiling sighing, it's so not him being bitter like that and worse when the arrived couple seems to be really nice but he can't help it, he is thinking holding Jiyool's stuffed octopus understanding why his princess feels more comforted by it.

He has to go down, after all, he promised the child to help her decorating the table and even when the food isn't totally ready yet, it's better if they begin soon. There's the 'grandmother' matter too, looking at him with piercing eyes, maybe she definitely doesn't like him and that's depressing, "maybe she was expecting a cute woman as a possible partner for Yunho, don't you think, octopus?" He stares at the toy like expecting it to tell him something. "It doesn't matter if she hates me... Mrs. Shim is on my side," he says chuckling. "Alright then, let's go to try to get along with 'Wonnie'... wish me luck, octopus..." he stands up and finds himself facing a grinning Changmin.

"Then it's true what Junsu told us in the chat group… you’re jealous."

"Remember me to kill him later, please," Jaejoong huffs and goes to the door ready to leave.

"You know? It was three days after Christmas..." Changmin says to stop Jaejoong from leaving and the other turns around listening, "I was at my apartment with my girlfriend back then, I woke up for the bangs at my door," he sits on the bed holding the octopus, "when I opened... I saw him, there was Yunho with a hiccuping tearing baby in one arm and a whimpering puppy in the other... my aunt... his mom had died during her sleeping," Changmin's voice trembles a little, "we weren't prepared at all -how many can say they are prepared for real for something like that?- my mother wasn't here due her work, she flight back the soonest she could for the funeral but still, it took her around eight months to retire and come back definitely..."

Jaejoong keeps listening and imagining how hard those moments could be for them.

"Of course, Yunho had learned how to take care of her daughter and me too so I could help him but it wasn't enough, there were so many things he didn't know. I moved in here at that time, I still remember my cousin crying with his baby when she asked for her grandma... not with words but, you know..." Changmin continues, "that's when Siwon entered the picture with all force. Even when they are the same age. He was a big support. He was the one who organized the funeral, helped us to manage all the issues related, helped Yunho and me too to take care of Jiyool and later introduced us to Yoochun, who as you well know, has an important part on her life. Siwon is like an older brother for Yunho and me as well... someone you can rely in good and bad times and that's why he's so dearly for Yunho and Jiyool. He moved out of the country recently together with Donghae but they come back often enough so you're going to see them frequently."

"I understand more, now..."

"You know? This season is kind of hard for all of us, specially for Yunho... I'm glad you're here now. It's the first time I didn't catch that melancholy trace at my cousin's eyes during this days and I'm sure it's all because of you." Changmin looks at the other that thanks him quietly, "besides..." he lowers his voice, "he's not 'that' friend... Siwon I mean, it's not him the one Yunho took an interest in, so you shouldn't be act so wary around him," he winks to the other laughing at Jaejoong's expression.

"It's not him?"

"Yep... that one is another one that perhaps you meet someday, but I can assure you, that that thing is long forgotten." Changmin stands up and pats the photographer shoulder, "I'll go to the living room, you should do the same." Changmin leaves the child's bedroom with a thoughtful Jaejoong in it.

 

 

 

Jaejoong accommodates the octopus next to the ostrich, feeling more relaxed, at the time he's about to go out he feels a back hug and a head resting on his shoulder that makes him smile.

"Shouldn't you be with your friends?"

"Yeah but I miss you. Is your headache better?"

"So corny…" Jaejoong chuckles patting Yunho's cheek, "I'm much better, actually, I was about to go with you..."

"You think I'm corny? Just wait till we open the wine later," Yunho chuckles too, "then, let's go." He takes Jaejoong's hand but the other stops him in his track.

"Can't we stay here a little longer?" Jaejoong smirks mischievous and hugs Yunho pecking his lips.

"Tempting very tempting," Yunho replicates the gesture and receives a kiss on the jaw, "okay... but-" he says looking around Jiyool's bedroom.

"Don't worry, we'll just kiss and the octopus will keep the secret... the ostrich is new here, no one will believe in whatever it says," Jaejoong says and both laugh before enjoying their time alone.

"Ehem..."

The couple freezes in their spot hearing Bitna clearing and Jaejoong has the time to hide his flushed face on Yunho's chest, 'oh dear god', he thinks sensing that his boyfriend is equally flustered.

"Sorry for the intrusion." The woman says stepping inside the room, "Yunho, could you please go help your log-head aunt at the kitchen... we're about to go crazy..."

"Uh... sure," he kisses Jaejoong's forehead before leaving, "I'll see you at the living room."

Jaejoong stands there awkwardly for a moment that seems eternal with Nam Bitna staring at him. "Well, I'll go downstairs..."

"Can we talk for a sec?"

"Sure..." Jaejoong looks at Jiyool's grandmother.

"Please, don't need to be on guard," she sighs. "I know that I'm not look that friendly, you know? It's for my profession, you'll see... I learned how to look intimidating but I don't know in what moment the line between the 'working me' and the 'daily me', got that blurred," she smiles with a smile that widens when the photographer returns the gesture. "I was raised under strict rules without almost any freedom... I know it's not a good reason but I was an awful mother... I wanted to give my daughter all the freedom, all the liberties I didn't have and I ended leaving her to her fate. When she fell sick I realized that we were almost strangers to each other, I feel that I didn't have enough time before she left this world. I didn't even know that my grandchild's father was my high school best-friend's son. When I approached him and my Jiyool... I understood why my daughter loved him so much even when she did never tell him." Bitna goes to sit down on the bed and invites Jaejoong to do the same.

"He's a great man," he says taking the fluffy ostrich this time.

"I know... and that's why I'm happy he has found someone like you." She laughs when Jaejoong looks at her in disbelief, "I am quick at judging people, I guess it's because of my work and I'm sure I'm not mistaken with you. You're a good guy so brightly in a way that's not easy to fake."

"I love him and I love Jiyool too..."

"And you were ready to fight me if I came between..." she laughs again this time with Jaejoong.

"I only want the best for him and my granddaughter. It won't be easy but you both already know that. I'm proud of his strength and thankful that you had appeared at the just time..."

"Can I give you a hug, Mrs. Bitna?"

"Yes please... and call me just Bitna, Jaejoong."

They stay for a while there, talking about traveling and telling anecdotes of their families and their works. The photographer comes to know that he wasn't the only one troubled for choosing the perfect gift for Jiyool and how much Bitna really worries about the little girl and her father. It's gratifying being accepted for the grandmother and he can understand even more why Yunho was so happy with his own mother's approval.

Alone in the room once again, Jaejoong reflects on how many changes his life came through during the year that almost ends, mostly regarding to him meeting Yunho and Jiyool that Saturday months ago when they entered his studio to take a family picture. Who would know that they'd become a such important part of his life, he smiles to himself finally about of leaving the place.

"Jae? What are you doing in the darkness?" Yunho asks him turning the lights on. "Your mother called, she said they'll arrive in ten minutes..."

Jaejoong hugs him, "merry Christmas, Yun!"

Yunho hugs him back kissing his lips, "merry Christmas for you too, love. I have a present for you, it's under the tree tough and..." he's nervous and Jaejoong too for what is coming, "I wanted to ask you something, maybe you'll think it's too rushed but I..." he breaks the embrace to look at Jaejoong's eyes better, "would you like to live here with us? I know it's not even a year since we met yet but I'm totally sure about us and-"

"Yunho... I'd love to live here but I have one question too," Jaejoong says to Yunho that looks at him expectantly, "can I bring my cats? Or I have to leave them with Junsu?"

Yunho smiles and after kisses him sweetly, "your cats are welcomed..."

Jaejoong looks at his eyes and he can see in them that 'thing' he was always longing to find, something that was missing in his life without him even realizing it, and he knows this is it, waiting more doesn't have any sense. He has always been a person to solve his issues directly without delay, he doesn't like beating around the bush not even with his fights, and he doesn't like to spend his nights awake for anything he could find a quick end, any problem, any discussion, that's how practical his personality is. There wasn't a moment before when his heart and his mind claimed together anything more correct than the question he wants to ask now, he feels it from the deepest of his soul the same as his love towards the man in front of him.

"Yunho..." Jaejoong whispers between kisses, "I know it won't be that real," he remembers Jiyool's words from earlier, "but for us, it will be..." he pauses to take the other’s hand and extra preparing for what he wants to ask.

Before Jaejoong continues talking, Yunho takes a time staring at his eyes and thinks in how destiny could act sometimes. He recalls hurtful moments, he recalls every time he was left heartbroken, his story with Jiyool’s mom above all, he thinks how different his current life could be if any of that did never happen, but everything was worth it because all of it leaded his life to this point, looking into those eyes, feeling this much for the person taking his hand in front of him. He knows for sure that a part of his life would have felt forever empty if that Saturday all those months ago, his little princess wouldn’t have invited Jaejoong for ice cream and cookies. Being here so in love is like finally completing a puzzle otherwise incomplete and feeling warmth once again in that part of his heart that was so cold.

"Whatever it is, my answer is 'yes'," Yunho says claiming the other's lips again for a heated kiss.

"Yunho..." Jaejoong pushes him gently, "Yunho... It doesn't have to be too soon but I want to know that we have that kind of commitment and-” Jaejoong interrupts himself and breaths deeply, “will you marry me?"

"Of course I do...” Yunho answers him without even thinking with the biggest smile creeping up his face, “I- I'm so happy…" They lock lips once again whispering ‘I love you’s from time to time.

"Hey!" Yoochun appears suddenly causing the couple to abruptly pull apart, "sorry for the intrusion," he says even when the grin in his face shows that he's not that sorry, "but your parents arrived some minutes ago, Jaejoong, and well, they are asking for you two."

"How... I mean-"

"They didn't have to ring the bell, Donghae was outside so they came in with him." Yoochun adds leaving them, "hurry up."

"You go first," Yunho says squeezing Jaejoong's hand, "I'll be there shortly." They both compose their appearance a little and Jaejoong goes downstairs.

Yunho takes out his daughter's photo album and looks for his mom's picture, "thank you, mom," he says caressing the image, "now please help me with my in-laws, please that my mother in law hasn't changed her opinion of us and that my father in law likes us too." He kisses the picture and puts the album at its place ready to meet Jaejoong's parents.

He finds Jaejoong standing at the entrance of the living room observing in silence the scene developing there. Yunho imitates his lover and can see his daughter scolding their pets for not listening her orders.

"I told you to sit!" Jiyool looks utterly cute huffing with her hands on her hips standing next to the animals in front of Jaejoong's parents. "Sorry, for that," she tells shyly the two people looking at her tenderly, "these are Najima, Mahina and Sol,” she says pointing to the dog and the two cats, “and I'm Jung Jiyool, pleased to meet you," she says bowing politely like her auntie taught her, "I already met with grandma Hana..."

"I'm gradpa Joongdae," the man says, "and me too, I'm really pleased to finally meet you."

Jiyool just jumps to the open embrace of the couple that hold her tightly, and after goes upstairs hurriedly to bring something she wants to show to everyone giving a warning to her pets to behave with 'grandpa' and 'grandma' while she's away. The couple still at the entrance receives a quick hug from a giggling child too.

"Don't cry, old man," Jaejoong's mom tells her husband even when she's the one crying, "you'll scare her."

"I'm not crying..." the man says wiping his eyes, "It's just-"

Jaejoong takes Yunho's hand and goes to the living room and says facing his parents. "Mom, you already met him but I want to introduce him to you two officially. Dad, mom, he's Yunho..."

 

 

The encounter with his in-laws is not bad at all, in fact they accept Yunho and his lovely daughter rather quick and they even plan on going to spend a week during summer at their beach house that it's not really big but as Kim Joongdae says, they can manage with some sleeping bags and if Changmin and Yoochun don’t have any problems sharing a room with Junsu.

 

 

Some hours later after finishing the dinner and the dishes are done, all of them are comfortably seated in the living room once again, receiving the warmth of the electric chimney and drinking wine. Jaejoong has Jiyool sleeping in his arms hugging her stuffed ostrich covered with her new 'Frozen' blanket, that was one of Yunho's friends gifts.

"Well, Junsu, I think you're the only one still single here," Shim Chanwoo tells him, "hurry up if you wanna more heat than the one provided for that chimney..." she giggles along with the others.

"Why didn't you invite some girls, Yunho, so this handsome boy here could find a girlfriend,” Bitna says winking and eye, “don’t you have close female friends?”.

“Of course we have but most of them are married, a couple of them are studying abroad and Jieun, the only single one, spends this holidays with her family. Well, I think I have more male friends tough…”

“That’s it, next year I’ll be here with my girlfriend,” Junsu says, “what do you say, Ms. Chanwoo? Are you up for a love quest in the nocturnal life of Seoul?”

“I can go with you but I’m fine like this. For me the only man was my late Minjun,” the aunt says earning a kiss on her cheek from Changmin seated next to her, “but maybe Bitna could join us,” she adds returning the gesture to her son and grinning teasingly to Jiyool’s grandmother.

“It has been twenty years since your divorce, don’t you wanna have a new love?” Kim Hana intervenes, “don’t you get bored of being alone?”

“Mom, please…!” Jaejoong tries but Bitna just shakes her head smiling at him.

“I’m more worried of why my granddaughter calls you ‘auntie’ and ‘grandma’ and I’m still ‘grandmother’,” she says sulking.

“That’s ‘cause you’re too stiff,” Chanwoo says, “you should try using the sweater I gave you tomorrow morning and you’ll see how she starts to think you could be a bit funnier,” she laughs.

“You shouldn’t be worried,” Jaejoong tells Bitna, “I can tell you that she really loves you and even when it could sound a little dry, ‘grandmother’ is the way she has specially chosen with all her love to call you and how she has you engraved in her heart.”

“Oh, dear… thank you,” she says with bright eyes, “how is possible that someone so sweet could be your son Hana? I’m sure is because of Joongdae…” she laughs together with the others including Jae's dad and Hana glares at her.

“Oh well, our son is a great guy so we’re happy that he has found a great guy too,” Joongdae says, “with a beautiful child so full of love.”

“Thank you, sir… I’m really honored…” Yunho says holding Jaejoong’s hand resting on his thigh.

"It's just the truth," Hana says, "as expected from the late Yuhye you're a fine man and I'm happy with our son's decision.".

They go for another round of drinks following the tradition of spending the Christmas night awake like Yunho's mother liked to do it.

"I'm curious about the reason for you not getting along," Yoochun says after a toast, "I mean, clearly Mrs. Shim and Mrs. Kim are good friends but what's going on with Mrs. Nam?"

"You'll see, my dear," Bitna says and clears , "I was friends with Yunho's mom, Yuhye, and there it was her older -emphasis on older- sister Chanwoo and her friend Hana," she says smirking, "I'm sorry Jaejoong but your mom is waaaay older than me..."

"Hey! We're just three years older than you!" Hana replies offended.

"All that I heard is 'older' and blah blah blah," Bitna says laughing gesturing with her hand and Hana nudges her husband that is laughing too. "Well, then there were this guy everyone was crazy about and his friend who was another hunk every girl wanted to give a try..."

"And they invited us to go out and Bitna appeared in the picture to take him away from me and ended pairing my sister with the friend that," Chanwoo sighs, "to make the story short, Yunho, that guy ended being your father..."

"And as all of you can guess, the other one is my ex husband, aka Jiyool's grandfather," concludes Bitna sipping on her cup, "you both should be grateful you weren't the ones involved with such ‘specimens’ of men. In my case," she makes a pause to check on the sleeping child, "it was like being married with an statue. Just imagine it, Chanwoo, if you think that I'm stiff..." she laughs openly with the others.

"Fortunately I recovered my senses and I met the perfect man for me and I know that it was the same for Chanwoo," Hana says.

"Then everything was for a guy?" Siwon asks.

"Not exactly, it was more for the string of pranks we pulled to each other as a revenge, as Yuhye was Chanwoo's sister, they were soft with her, while with me they were as merciless as I was with them," Bitna says smiling devilishly.

"Anyways, I'm happy that our Jaejoongie has inherited his dad's good taste..." Hana says leaning on her husband's shoulder.

"And your beauty and your modesty, darling," her husband says kissing her forehead smiling, "hope he's not inherited your jealousy, if so, you're in troubles, Yunho..."

"Is that so?” Yunho asks eyeing Jaejoong who is bussy right now fixing the not-need-to-be-fixed Jiyool’s blanket, “I guess there wasn’t a reason yet because Jae hasn’t been jealous at all.” He misses the amusing looks that Junsu and Changmin exchanges eyeing an unaware Siwon and the killer’s one Jaejoong directs to them.

“My Yunho is a little bit oblivious sometimes so maybe he wouldn’t notice it,” Chanwoo says smiling to his baffled nephew.

Junsu refills the cups with the wine, “so, what do you say Ms. Bitna, are you up to a ‘love quest’ then?”

“Hell, yeah!” she says and everyone bursts in laughter enjoying this new slightly tipsy so more distended Bitna, “I’ll make sure to find someone good this time. I married deeply in love and I’ve been waiting twenty years for something happening with my ex but… to hell with that.” She laughs too drinking his cup in one go, “besides, I need a date for next year too so I could have someone who wear a matching ugly Christmas sweater with me.”

 

 

They keep drinking and talking, and telling stories about all that comes to their minds. Bitna pauses a moment to give Yunho an envelope that as Jaejoong gets to see, has Jiyool’s mother signature on it similar to the one the child has in her photo album.

Yunho excuses himself for a moment to read it alone and when he’s back, he kisses Jaejoong in front of everyone for the first time and says him he loves him leaving his family and friends cheering up for them and Kim Hana crying once again. They communicate the family that they are going to live together from now on without saying a word about their ‘wedding’ plans but somehow everyone ends talking about their wedding and the couple just looks to each other eyes smiling and accepting it as a weird signal that everything will be fine.

 

“We should take Jiyool to her bedroom,” Yunho says to Jaejoong’s ear and the photographer nods standing up, he thinks is better to take her to her bed even when she wanted to stay with all the family although she was sleeping. It’s the first time that he’s going to tuck Jiyool up, and Jaejoong is happy to be able to share that little moment with Yunho for the first time in so many more to come.

The child is already wearing her reindeer pajamas under her pink woven coat, so there won’t be any need to wake her up. They lay her down and accommodate the blankets over her little body kissing her forehead.

When they return to the living room holding hands, no one expects at all a very awake Jiyool behind them holding a camera.

“Daddy, Jae… I want a picture.”

The family looks at her in awe, maybe she’s not that awake, she’s still sleepy and cuter with her kitty slippers escorted for a dog and two cats that somehow managed to be there at the perfect moment to give everyone a moment to remember in the years to come.

 

Jaejoong programs the camera after making everyone accommodate to fit in the frame, he rushes to Yunho’s side, Jiyool in the middle of Siwon and Donghae, “so… what was in your letter?” he asks Yunho casually.

“Curiosity killed the cat,” Yunho chuckles. And the first takes begins.

Jaejoong fix the camera once again and take his site on the floor this time next to Yunho with Jiyool in the middle of them and he tries asking again pursing his lips to Yunho that just chuckles again. The camera clicks for the next takes and when everything is done and while Jiyool is happily being spoiled for her three ‘grandparents’ and her aunt, Yunho kisses Jaejoong telling him, “maybe I’ll show my letter later to you.”

“Later when? Later today?” Jaejoong follows Yunho that is checking the pictures with Yoochun talking about how the pets looked at the camera at the perfect moment. “Tomorrow then?”

Yunho smiles and hugs him closer to his body, “I’ll let you convince me…” he says wiggling his eyebrows and Jaejoong looks at him annoyed deciding he’ll try insisting later, to tell the truth, he’s really curious about the letter and the reason why Bitna chosen that precise moment to give to Yunho something her daughter left so long ago. He just leans in the welcoming warmth of Yunho seeing the picture and after all the people around. He’s happy.

Outside is snowing and the dawn is coming soon with most of people around the city already sleeping. Inside Jung house, everyone is still celebrating with a child jumping happily from side to side sharing out the leftovers of her cookies.

Today is special and his house is full with people dearly to his daughter and him, but Yunho thinks on the common days when everything goes silent and the little girl is already sleeping, just the two of them in that house. He uses to spend some time watching TV working or reading something always accompanied for the pet in turn since Jiyool sends one of the animals to make him company every day while the other two sleep near her. He looks at Jaejoong enjoying the warmness of his hug. From now on, his little family is increasing, he found the perfect match for him.

Jaejoong is eyeing the letter in Yunho’s pocket still curious about the content and catches the look from the other and he returns it with his own smiling lovingly.

They found something precious that distant Saturday morning, they found each other, they found a family, they found love.

 

END

..................................................

A/N And that's it. I hope you've enjoyed even if just a little. I think I'll write some drables for this one in the future.

Thank you for all the support, for all your precious comments, for the subscriptions and the votes. THANK YOU FOR READING IT :-)

If anyone is interested, I've posted another three for Jaeho_Xchange Fest 2018 that can be checked here: My Jaeho_Xchange Stories

I'm going to post some of the stories I've written (still translating and/or correcting and reviewing) and never posted and some new ones I'm working on, (together with my new assignment for Jaeho_Xchange 2019) Why am I so freaking slow T_T ?

Once again and always, Thank You <3