Family's Picture 2

Family Picture

Yunho pets one of Jaejoong's cats that's comfortably sleeping next to him on the sofa, "it's curious, at first they didn't even want to enter at the same room I was in and stayed looking at us warily from the door, but now, they are sleeping on my jacket," he smiles while the cat purrs.

"It's just that they are not used to stranger people, I don't have visits too often just Junsu that lives two floors down and my parents occasionally," he makes a pause, "now that I think about it, my siblings must have come a couple of times at much," Jaejoong pats the other's cat leg, "now they know you and they like you... sorry for the hair they could leave on your jacket."

"It's okay, after all is a good thing that they accept me as a part of your life,” Yunho pecks his boyfriend’s lips but before they can initiate a real kiss, the kettle boils and Jaejoong goes to the kitchen to prepare the tea.

 

 

 

“Jae… Jae… Jaejoong!” Yunho says startling the man who is bringing the eighth plate with cookies from the kitchen of his apartment.

“Sorry, I- I think I got carried away with the idea of using for the first time my collection of plates…” he says looking down embarrassed and pursing his lips.

“No… I’m sorry, it’s just that I want to have you with me enjoying the cookies together,” the other tells him with a big smile pulling Jaejoong to sit on the couch beside him.

“But there are still many cookies in the kitchen,” Jaejoong bits his lip disappointed, “I wanted to bring them all…”

“You really have a big collection of plates…”

“Well, yeah… all of these are my brother’s souvenirs from his travels around the world,” Jaejoong stands up to bring a picture frame and sits down once again, “this one is from my sister’s wedding. They're my brother and his wife. When they found out that she can’t have children, she wanted to break up but he didn’t let her, they’ve decided that the most important is living their love together, they don’t want to adopt… well, maybe they change their mind someday but at the moment they are enjoying their job as archeologists…” Jaejoong bites a cookie.

“It must be a pretty interesting life, even better if they can spend their time together,” Yunho says petting the other cat.

“They argue a lot over silly things, my brother is really stubborn and my sister in law is really good at ignoring his tantrums,” Jaejoong chuckles remembering them, “but well, it’s well known that the reconciliations after that kind of fights are the bests…”

“Talking by experience?” Yunho asks smirking playfully.

Jaejoong laughs but can’t help the slight heat that reaches his face.

“And this one is my sister and he’s her husband, of course -it was their wedding-, they are both doctors as I told you and they are doing their internship in Sangju and after that they are planning on going to Haman for a couple of years. That’s why they don’t want to have children before four years; besides, my sister wants to be close to my mom when they have kids.”

“Your sister is really… tall,” Yunho says seeing the expression that quickly passes over his boyfriend’s face earning a chuckle from him.

“Tall, uh?” Jaejoong smiles winking and signals the other two people on the picture frame, “they are my parents but you already know that for the giant picture of them with me hanging in the hallway that they gave me for my birthday last year.”

“They look so happy and proud.”

“That’s because my sister found a good partner. My brother in law is pretty serious but he’s really nice,” Jaejoong rests his head on Yunho’s shoulder, “It would be a little sad at Holidays this year, you know?” he says putting the picture on the coffee table, “my brother and my sister won’t be at home for the first time and I guess it will be only my parents and me.”

“Actually, I wanted to ask you to spend Christmas with us… I mean Jiyool and me… it would be great if your parents could join us too” Yunho says taking Jaejoong’s hand.

“Oh no… that wasn’t my intention. I-”

“Jae, I’m not asking you because what you said but because we- I really want to be with you that day…” Yunho says caressing Jaejoong’s cheek.

“Don’t you mind meeting my parents just that day?"

"But you have to tell me what they would like as a present..."

"That would be cheating," Jaejoong laughs, "you have to figure out yourself."

"Jae!..." Yunho whines but Jaejoong keeps laughing.

They remain in silence for some minutes enjoying the tea and the cookies of different flavors that Jaejoong brought, because he insisted in completing the twenty types he had at the kitchen.

“These are really good,” Jaejoong says trying some filled with jam, “not as good as Jiyool’s space cookies but good enough.”

Yunho smiles seeing the fondness with which Jaejoong talks about his daughter.

"I have to buy a gift for Siwon too,” Yunho says suddenly very happy, “he's coming back and he'll stay at home with us.” It’s not the first time he talks about this friend of his and Jaejoong just stuffs his mouth with cookies to prevent himself of saying something undue.

 

 

----------o----------

 

 

“Please behave, Jiyool,” Yunho says while driving towards a mall in the city center days later from the afternoon at Jaejoong's apartment, “your grandmother is really excited of seeing you again…”

“But daddy, she’s too serious… I don’t know what to do,” the little girl says pouting, “I don’t wanna go, I’m really fine with whatever she gives me… Daddy I don’t wanna be alone with her,” she says pleadingly to her father.

“Nonsense, baby,” Yunho looks at her during a red light, “you’ll have fun. She wants to give you something you like this time. She knows you hate your witch costume.”

“It’s not a cool costume, it’s ugly but I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it, daddy,” she huffs annoyed because her father keeps driving and she’d really prefer going somewhere else, “daddy, I don’t wanna go… it’s too awkward with grandmother,” she whines trying to convince him.

“Sorry, baby, but I promised Bitna I was going to take you with her to spend the afternoon,” he says ignoring his child that is looking sourly at him crossing her little arms over her chest. “I’m sure she’d be pleased on taking you to eat ice cream and cookies…”

“Jae bought me ice cream and cookies yesterday, I don’t want more…” she frowns sulking.

“Then you could ask her for another thing, it's her treat, just please, give her a chance.”

They arrive to the mall and just when Yunho is parking, Jiyool exclaims excited, “look, daddy! My auntie is here.”

"Jiyool! Yunho!" Shim Chanwoo says going to them, "what a surprise!" She says trying to sound the most casual possible showing surprise and fails miserably.

"Hi, aunt... Jiyool called you, right?" Yunho says eyeing his daughter suspiciously.

"No...!" Aunt and niece tell him shaking their heads at the same time injecting a tone of innocence to their voices, "it's a total coincidence..."

"Aunt," Yunho pinches his nose bridge, "please, don't argue with Bitna, I know that even if I ask you to do it, you won't leave Jiyool and his grandmother alone."

The aunt looks at her nephew grinning, "we won't argue, I promise."

At that moment, Jiyool's grandmother makes her appearance. Definitely, as Yunho thinks, coming wearing a gray skirt suit with high heels to spend a supposed to be fun afternoon with a kid is not the best idea. When he leaves, he can only hope for the best in this encounter. His aunt and Jiyool's grandmother have met each other since school and none of them was very pleased having to see the other again at first.

 

 

----------o----------

 

 

"Seriously, Jaejoong," a tired Junsu looks at his friend, "you wanna go to every single toy-store of this place too?"

"I want the perfect gift for Jiyool. That's all," Jaejoong says trying how fluffy is a weird star shaped pillow, "it's the first real one I'm giving her and I want something good."

"I'll give her this bunny and she'll love it, it's not that difficult to please a kid. Yesterday we bought your nieces' gifts really quickly."

"That's because I know what they like or could want... what makes you think that she'll like your present, she has many stuffed bunnies," Jaejoong crosses his arms frowning.

"Because duh... it's my bunny for her, 'Junjun' bunny. That makes it special," Junsu answers him grinning.

"I want something special too..."

"Jae, believe me," Junsu says taking his friend for the shoulders, "you could give her a pencil and she'll love it, that's the kind of child she is, besides, she adores you since day one so you, specially you above everyone else, could give her away anything and she will be ecstatic..."

"But she likes her 'uncle Wonnie' gifts a lot," the photographer says making air-quotes, "even Yunho talks about his presents... this 'friend' is special."

"Why do you say that? I mean, all Yunho's friends are special and-"

"Don't you get it? This one is 'uncle Wonnie', the only one Jiyool calls like that," Jaejoong looks at his friend that seems confused, "you know... everyone else is something like Chunnie, Hoojunie, Kangingin, Yeye and so... no one is 'uncle' except for Changmin but he's Yunho's cousin..."

"I still don't get it."

"Remember I told you about the friend Yunho felt something for... and after he dated a guy..."

"Oh..." Junsu says nodding knowingly, "this Siwon guy is that friend?"

"I- I don't know... maybe..." Jaejoong sits down on a bench near the bouncing balls in the toy's store.

"Then this is not exactly about Jiyool's gift," Junsu puts his best knowingly expression, "you're jealous!"

"I'm not!"

"Of course you are," Junsu pokes Jaejoongs's ribs, "so this is how you look being jealous... I begun to think you were the super secure type but well..."

"Stop teasing! I told you I'm not jealous!"

"But I don't think he's that friend, I mean, they could be together by now or at least they could have tried to have something unless the other one wasn't interested," Junsu says thoughtfully, "in that case they couldn't still being close friends, I guess..."

"You think?... I mean, not that I'm worried about that in the first place..." Jaejoong says awkwardly.

"I have to tell them in the chat group," Junsu takes out his phone, "this is totally-" he interrupts himself to look at his friend's neck, "hey... is that a..."

"Bug bite!" Jaejoong replies immediately covering his neck with his hand, “it’s tiny, don’t you see?” he says accommodating the collar of his shirt.

"I see..." Junsu says smirking while they go out from the store. “Did you already buy something for Yunho?”

“Yeah… I guess it was easier than the gift for Jiyool,” Jaejoong says trying his best to ignore the teasing tone of his friend, “or maybe I don’t have it yet and it’s a bad idea… thanks, Junsu,” he adds annoyed, “now I doubt my election.”

Junsu just laughs throwing the stuffed bunny to the air and getting it midway to the floor over and over again. At this point he’s really bored entering one store after other with his indecisive friend.

 

 

 

After they go out of the nth place that have children stuff on sale, Junsu is ready to abandon his friend and go home to take a warm bath and after, choose something to personalize the bunny before giving it to Jiyool.

“Why don’t you get her a costume? She likes them so-”

“Probably everyone else is going to give her one of those and I want something special, I told you.”

“And I told you that anything you could give her would be special…”

“Junsu! You’re not helping…”

“Then maybe I should just go!”

“Or just shut up and remember who helped you when you moved in your apartment and carried your couch for hours till you find the perfect spot!”

“Oh… you’re using the ‘move card’ again… Fine!” Junsu says annoyed and looks defeated to the big entrance at the lowest level of the mall suddenly recovering his smile, “isn’t it that your bug slash boyfriend?”

“It’s a bug bite!” Jaejoong covers the spot of his neck again rolling his eyes, “anyway… are you sure is him?” he asks looking at the same direction at the same moment that Yunho looks up at him and smiles in recognition. Jaejoong feels his day has brightened up.

 

 

----------o----------

 

 

Nam Bitna, despite her austere appearance with almost none color beside the blue blouse she's wearing and the seriousness of her face, is really happy to be able to spend time with her granddaughter. After her daughter passed away, she approached Yunho and the little girl. As a renowned business lawyer, she was used to travel frequently due her work. Things have changed for her since her daughter fell sick. Seeing her ex-classmate wearing sweatpants, a t-shirt and a denim jacket running around with Jiyool trying every kind of free food samples at the supermarket they entered would bother her before, but now that the child makes sure to take an extra sample for her every time makes her feel a little envious of the carefree personality of the auntie, for sure, she’d like be running around with Jiyool but she’s not used to it, to take things lightly nor find joy in every little thing like Chanwoo.

“Try this grandmother,” Jiyool says handing her a tiny slice of chocolate cake and looking at her, “are you sad? Don’t be sad,” she says giving the lady her own slice of cake, “Jae says that chocolate can make you feel better… do you want more?”

“It’s okay, Jiyool,” Bitna says smiling reassuringly to the worried child touched by her innocent gesture, “can we go to get your gift now?”

“Yeah, we can,” Chanwoo appears next to them, “I’m just going to pay for my biscuits and we can go.”

The two ladies go to the second level of the mall using the escalator holding the child securely by both hands.

“What would you like to have, Jiyool?” the grandmother asks.

“She likes every kind of thing, well, except for random witch costumes with any taste nor effort in it…” the aunt says pointedly watching at Jiyool who is distracted following the travel of little train in the window of the nearest clothing store, “last time I told you what to buy and you gave it an awful present and now we are here. Don't you know that for a kid the funniest part of receiving a gift is being surprised?"

"I don't even know why you are here. Of course I know that. But I want that my granddaughter likes my present this time, so I prefer she chooses something she wants," Bitna says putting both hands on her hips, "if you don't wanna be here, you're free to go, after all, I've already talked to Yunho and he allowed me to spend the afternoon with Jiyool, the both of us, alone."

"She doesn't like being just with you... you're too boring," Chanwoo says trying to ignore the look of hurt in Bitna's face, "besides-"

"Isn't that my Chan-Chan friend?" A woman approaches them, "Chanwoo! It's me, Hana!"

"Hana!" Chanwoo runs to the encounter of the other woman, "this is wonderful... it has been years," they both hug each other, moment that Bitna takes advantage of, to take her granddaughter's hand and tries to go away.

"Bitna... where do you think you're going with my girl?"

Chanwoo goes towards them with her friend.

"I thought you are too occupied like keep accompanying us so-"

"Nonsense! We can keep going while I catch up with Hana," the aunt says taking the other hand of the child. "Look Hana, she's my nephew's daughter, my grandniece..."

"You mean she's Yuhye's granddaughter? Oh my good, you're beautiful," the lady caresses Jiyool's cheek, "I'm Kim Hana, I was friends with your grandma."

"Hi! Nice to meet you," the child says smiling and bowing.

"You're the cutest little girl I've ever seen," Hana takes up the girl that giggles in response.

"What was left... the duet of Ha-Ha and Chan-Chan reunited..." Bitna huffs annoyed seeing her granddaughter being put on the floor again.

For all answer the pair of friends just sticks their tongues out to her giggling like teenagers.

 

 

----------o----------

 

 

"Are you sure you have to go?" Jaejoong asks to Junsu when Yunho is paying for the present for his aunt.

"I could stay here being the most awesome third wheel of all times... but I prefer going home."

Jaejoong rolls his eyes, "we're not clingy at all and..."

"I prefer leaving the two of you alone. I'll take your purchases with me. Come to pick them up to my apartment later. I guess Yunho will be more than happy of being him the one taking you home, so I'll take your car with me."

Junsu leaves the couple taking with him the things he and Jae bought.

Once alone, they decide to go for a coffee talking lightly about their respective days.

"Will you definitely move your studio?"

"Yea, I think the new place would be more comfortable for all of us included the receptionist that Jiyool doesn't like at all..." Jaejoong says chuckling.

"That's because she was mean with Yoochun in the past and my princess hates when her beloved ones are hurt."

Jaejoong smiles fondly, "she's really-"

"Jae!!!" Can be heard and Jiyool is running to them jumping happily to the open embrace of the photographer that's waiting for her.

Jaejoong lifts her in his arms giving and receiving a kiss on the cheek, "how's princess Jiyool doing?"

"Fine, Jae! I'm here buying my present with my grandmother and my auntie and a gorgeous lady I met today..."

"Hi baby! I'm here too, you know?" Yunho says sulking.

"I know, daddy," the girl says hugging his neck and kissing his cheek too, so she ends between both men when the first one of the ladies arrives.

"This girl! You almost gave me a heart attack," Chanwoo says panting, "you love Jae that much, eh?"

Jiyool giggles still hugging Jaejoong when he puts her down.

"Look, daddy! That one there is Mrs. Hana and she says she was friends with my grandma Yuhye," the girl says signaling the one next to Bitna, "and that's my grandmother, Jae."

"Don't tell me he's your son," Hana approaches them surprised of seeing Yunho next to Jaejoong, "I met you and your cousin when you were a pair of babies -though I didn't even get to know your names-. You're so handsome!"

"Actually, he's my nephew, Yunho..."

"Oh dear God!" Jaejoong looks at them, "my mom was your mother's friend?" He asks to Yunho still astonished.

"Oh my... oh my... You're my Jaejoongie's Yunho?"

"I guess... I'm Jung Yunho, nice to meet you..."

"I'm Kim Hana," the woman hugs Yunho tightly, "I'm so glad that my son inherited the good taste of his father, I'm sure that my baby was right when he told that you're as handsome as a good man... -why you didn't tell me he was Yuhye's son, Jaejoong!-"

"Thank you, I'm so honored," Yunho turns his flushed face a little looking at Jaejoong for help but he's busy greeting Bitna.

"That means that you're Jiyool!"

"Yes, I'm Jiyool," the girl says giggling.

"I'm Jaejoongie's mom... I'm your grandma!" The lady says excitedly taking her in her arms.

"Oh my god! Mom!!!" Jaejoong looks at her horrified.

"You're my grandma?"

"Mom please... stop it!"

"I knew that this was going to be a great day," Hana says ignoring her son, "meeting my old friend, my son in law and my grandchild the same day," she smiles together with Yunho and Jiyool, "I'm so happy!" She adds already shedding some tears.

"Don't cry," Jiyool says drying the lady's tear with her little palms, "why are you sad?"

"She's not sad, precious," Jaejoong takes the child and puts her on the floor, "she's just being too emotional."

"Okay, let's do this," Bitna intervenes, "I'll go with MY granddaughter to buy her gift, 'Ha-Ha’ and 'Chan-Chan' can go somewhere to catch up and Yunho and his friend can continue with what they were doing... we're good?" She takes Jiyool's hand and goes away with her after saying goodbye to everyone and promising Yunho take the child home early.

 

 

----------o----------

 

 

"Your mother is lovely... I think my baby and I passed the 'test'," Yunho says smiling widely bringing the subject when they arrive to Jaejoong's apartment while ing his coat. During all the way there and meanwhile they were at the mall after the encounter, they didn't talk about it mainly because the photographer was avoiding the matter.

"I'm sorry for that... I think she was overly excited and could say things she shouldn't and-"

"Are you sorry because she talked to us like we were already members of her family?" Yunho changes his smile for an unreadable expression.

"Of course not! It's just that she was a little… you know, and she said some things she shouldn’t…”

"Oh yea, I get it... I have to go,” Yunho buttons up his coat again smiling awkwardly, “I just remembered that I have some office papers to check over.”

“I thought you said you wanted me preparing something to eat…”

“Yeah… but, I'd better go…”

“Yunho..." Jaejoong stops the other by the arm, "are you angry because what I said?"

"No, it's just that- it's not the first time I'm dating since I have my daughter with me, the last time it was so horrible that my girl doesn't want me going out in dates at all," Yunho laughs bitterly looking Jaejoong at the eyes, "I already told you about that," he runs his fingers through his hairs, "it's the first time that I really want another person as a part of my, no, our lives... we come in 'pack'..." he chuckles, "Jaejoong, I love you and I want to be part of your world as much as I want you to be part of mine... I'm sorry, maybe I'm going too fast so I was really happy with your mother's acceptance... I-"

"I need you to understand, please," Jaejoong sighs, "I love you... but we haven't talked to Jiyool yet and it doesn't matter how smart Junsu says she is... I don't know if she sees me just as another of your friends... she knows already that I love her but I want to tell her properly that I love you more than just a friend... of course I want to be part of your world and I want you, the both of you, to be in mine," he turns his face a moment looking at the picture of his parents and him, "I don't want Jiyool being confused about what my mom said, it's just-"

Yunho doesn't let him finish, the next thing Jaejoong knows is that his lips are being kissed sweetly and he gladly responds the gesture.

"I love you, Jaejoong, I really do," Yunho rests his forehead on the other's, "I think than more than angry I was scared... I-"

"You're an idiot sometimes... more times than when I am one," Jaejoong chuckles.

"You know that I can't stop thanking heavens for the day my aunt entered your studio... coming to think that I was going to find this amazing man capable of deal with all my burdens and my love for him,” Yunho caresses Jaejoong’s cheek chuckling too, “… and all my corniness of course…”

“Especially your corniness… well, guess I’m pretty cheesy myself,” he cups the other’s face, “but now I’m the one angry with you,” he slaps lightly the other, “why are you thinking nonsensical things… I’m hurt.” Jaejoong turns around huffing and goes sitting on the nearest couch of the living room.

Yunho follows him immediately crouching down in front of his boyfriend, “I’m sorry… I can’t help being awfully insecure sometimes,” he makes the other look at him pouting, “you forgive me?”

The photographer look at him for a moment and then purses his lips, “it’s not fair, you’re always complaining on how the ‘Bambi eyes’ of Jiyool and Changmin make you forgive anything they do and you’re doing something like that… how is possible that you can be this cute? I wanna be angry a little longer…”

“You think I’m cute?”

“As cute as hot you are… and that’s not fair,” Jaejoong kisses the other, “but you are going to buy me pizza from the store across the street because I don’t wanna prepare you anything.”

“Okay,” Yunho stands up happily, “I’ll be right back… love you.”

Jaejoong laughs, moments before he was worried for their relationship and now, now he is going to get ready some plates for the pizza.

 

 

..................................................

A/N This chapter was too long compared with the previous two so I divided it in two. I'm so freaking slow T-T, I should have posted this a month ago but I keep modifying things the same with every thing I try to write or I have writing (-) like cutting and/or adding things is my new hobbie or something
 
I'll post the last part on sunday
 
Thnak you a lot for commenting, upvoting, subscribing or just reading this story bearing with all my mistakes :-)