Family’s Picture

Family Picture

"Ok, dad..." Jaejoong sighs listening to his father through his phone, "I'll talk to her later... I'll promise, dad... I have to go," he glares at Junsu that is smiling mockingly, "love you too, bye." He hangs up and checks the time.

"What is it now?"

"My mom adopted another dog. They already have eight dogs and three cats. My dad is going crazy..."

"She's just in her second-motherly-stage... you know..."

"Second what?"

"She wants grandchildren, Jae. And the decision of your newly married sister of not having children before four years isn't helping her at all..."

"My aunt always brings her granddaughters to my parent's house... my nieces are adorable..."

"Except the littlest one, sorry, but I feel like strangling her sometimes. She broke two cameras already... but anyway, it's not the same, and your mom needs her own grandkids or your parents will end having tens of dogs..."

"Well, about my niece... she's not always that bad. It's just... her parents spoil her too much. And my mom needs to stop, I'll talk to her again... maybe you’re right and my aunt only brings my nieces to show off to my mother..." he looks at his watch again.

"They should be here from one moment to another, looking at your watch over and over again won’t make time go quicker… stop being desperate.”

“It’s not… stop teasing!” Jaejoong yells seeing the huge grin on Junsu’s face.

“Okay so… where are you going?” Junsu says while helping Jaejoong to accommodate the studio at the elephant section.

“Why you care so much?”

“Because you know, that it was you, in the first place, the one who hasn’t stopped talking about your date all the week and well, I’m just curious.”

“We’re going to this new place in the center, the one with the spot of the ‘singing cookie’…”

“Isn’t that a too ‘family place’ store?”

“Of course not, adults too like singing cookies you know?” Jaejoong says rolling his eyes seeing the grin on Junsu's face.

“Who would have told that you would end falling for a Cookie Monster… I wasn’t expecting that at all. I mean you have been turning down every person approaching you for the last –how much was already?- two, three years?” Junsu looks at his friend that happens to be his boss too, “and I have to say that you haven’t been all nice to them.”

“Don’t make it sound like I had a different proposal every day, they were just a few and if I wasn’t interested then why I should create false expectations, eh? There’s no meaning at all. True that some of them were nice but-”

“They weren’t a Cookie Monster, I get it,” Junsu cuts Jaejoong off smirking and looking him intently.

“You- I- just… please don’t say embarrassing things when they arrive here,” Jaejoong says looking at the goofy expression of his best friend that is now wiggling his eyebrows, “I don’t want to be left speechless because of one of your ‘jokes’… it’s been a week-”

“That you are seeing Jiyool, because you have been pretty much in contact with the Cookie Monster,” Junsu says playfully.

“Could you stop calling him like that? He has a name, you know?,” Jaejoong glares at a smiling Junsu, “he’s Yunho and you know it.”

“That again, please.”

“What? Yunho?” Jaejoong looks at the other with confusion all over his face.

“Haven’t you noticed that your expression totally changes when you say his name?” Junsu makes dance his eyebrows once again and dodges the cushion Jaejoong throws at him.

“Stop teasing!” Jaejoong says grinning triumphal when the fourth cushion he tries reaches successfully Junsu’s back.

“How many times a day you have been texting each other? And even video calls at the third day… I can say that you are really serious about him. The same for him, well, he even introduced you with his child so the only thing left is if you are moving in to his place with your cats or if you have to left them behind,” Junsu chuckles watching his fuming friend, “I promise I’ll take good care of them, you can visit them every day,” he laughs but ends wincing in pain rubbing his forehead after Jaejoong successfully hit him with a not-so-soft fluffy bunny.

“It’s our first date,” Jaejoong can’t help the smile creeping up his face, “I want everything to go perfectly… I mean, you’re right, it’s been a while. I just really but really, really don’t want to ruin it this time…” his expression darkens a little.

“It wasn’t your fault, Jae. It’s not like you did anything to ruin that,” Junsu says patting his friend’s back, “besides, you can’t blame yourself for not feel like you feel now for your Cookie Monster/Stripper Motorcyclist…” he says smugly and Jaejoong hits him repeatedly with a cushion and Junsu burst in laughter for all answer, "he was the one who said that about his motorcyclist outfit...” he says trying to escape but ends falling still laughing while being hit.

 

----------o---------

 

“Once again, why are you coming?” Yunho asks to Changmin that is sitting at the passenger seat next to him.

“I told you that my princess and I have a party later and I don’t want to be late because of you.”

“Hey! Of course I would bring my daughter with you on time!” Yunho says sounding offended.

“Maybe, but I couldn’t take the risk. My girlfriend wants my help to pick up the cake for her nephew and I can’t make it without my little girl here,” the cousin says smiling to Jiyool trough the rearview.

“I have to choose the candles, daddy,” she says proud of her mission smiling in return to her uncle.

“I know, baby. Please don’t eat too many candies, okay?”

"I won't, daddy. I have to dance with the birthday boy anyway... but don't worry, I know that I can't go out with boys until I turn forty five so I'll have many many years to keep playing with my toys."

"Mr. Jung," Yoochun says from the back seat next to Jiyool, "do you think is healthy telling your daughter something like that?"

"Here we go, princess. The 'Mr. Jung' speech has begun." Changmin winks to his niece who is giggling now.

"I don't want my girl having a heartbreak too soon, okay? I'm just protecting her!"

"She's too young to even worry about that matter... you just have to leave her live her life and guide her not repress her normal development. How many times we've already talked about this, eh?" Yoochun says pointedly crossing his arms on his chest.

"That reminds me... why did you let her watch a movie about people going to hell, eh?" Yunho replies with the same tone.

"That... that was... It's important that she learns every kind of thing!"

Changmin and Jiyool are openly laughing of Yunho and Yoochun now while those two keep yelling each other.

"By the way!... I mean, by the way, why are you coming?" Yunho asks to change the subject.

"Jiyool wants me to help her to show her cookies to 'Jae'," Yoochun answers showing the plastic containers with butterflies design they are holding.

"And why your uncle and me couldn't help you, baby?"

"Because it's a surprise for you too. Only my Chunnie knows the secret."

"It's not like I am that heavy, Yunho. Stop complaining, besides, today I'm free and later I'm going to meet a friend at that new place in the center... you know... the one with the ‘singing cookie’ spot..."

"Seriously?!" Yunho looks at him during a red light.

"Of course, I like singing cookies!" Yoochun exclaims defensively.

"Oh man...! we have to go for 'Plan B' then..."

"We?"

"Yeah... whatever... anyway, why are you coming too, dear aunt?"

"Me?” she says faking innocence, “I'm nosy. I just want to see you interact with you know who before your date," the aunt at the other side if Jiyool that have been laughing all this time answers him grinning, "my sister would be sad if I don’t check on you properly," she adds with the conceited air of a perfect mother.

"Just please don't embarrass him like you did when I introduced you to my girlfriend..." Changmin tells her shuddering, "he doesn't need you combing his hair in front of his date..."

"Did you really do that, aunt?" Yunho asks her laughing along with Yoochun and Jiyool.

"I wanted my boy looking perfect. You should be happy that I haven't cleaned your face wetting my handkerchief," she says and everyone begins to laugh again, except Changmin, "but don't worry, honey. I'll make sure you look perfect too..."

"Daddy, you can't go for ice cream and cookies, we're going tomorrow. And it's not a date aunt. Or is it?..."

"Mr. Jung, how did I tell you about not explaining things to your daughter properly?"

"I talked to her... we'll talk again later, okay darling?" Yunho says to his child that is looking at him and nods slowly.

"My girl is happy if her daddy is happy, right Jiyoolie?" Her aunt smiles at her tenderly and the child nods happily.

"That's 'cause I love my daddy."

"And I love you too, baby."

The trip continues silently for a while.

"I wanted to ask something..." the girl says after some moments.

"Then ask, princess," Changmin tells her.

"What is a stripper? My daddy said that last time..."

"What?!"

"It just slipped, ok? Sorry baby I..."

"You should be more careful, Yunho. You are raising a child that learns of your behavior,” the aunt says scolding her nephew.

“… and what is a ‘’?” Jiyool asks and everyone goes silent, “My aunt said that Jihyun’s mom is a but I don’t know-“

“What?!”

“Aunt!”

“Mom!”

“Mrs. Shim!”

Can be heard at once.

“What about the ‘it's important that she learns every kind of thing’ thing you said before?” she looks sourly to Yoochun that’s looking at her disapprovingly and avoids looking at the front where her son is glaring at her for him and his cousin that can’t do it because he’s driving.

“I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t know that she was awake,” she looks to her grand-niece, “sorry, honey. You’ll see… that is an adult word you don’t have to say. It’s a bad word, ok?”

Jiyool nods and looks at her nanny questioningly.

“I’ll find a way to explain to you many things on Monday,” he says smiling at her.

“All right, Chunnie.”

 

 

“The ‘stripper thing’ made me remember that I have a party tonight. It’s my friend’s birthday. I have to wear something nice…” Shim Chanwoo exclaims after a while.

“Strippers go to parties?” Jiyool asks and Yoochun can’t help bursting in laugh looking at the troubled face of the lady.

“Mom!” Changmin glares at his mom, “just for that, you’re not allowed to go! You’ll stay at home and think on what you did.”

“I agree with that!” Yunho says still looking at the front.

“I’ll explain on Monday, right Jiyool?” Yoochun tells the child that is looking at him questioningly.

“Okay,” she says, “can a son punish his parents? Because if so… then I should punish my daddy if he wants to go to a party with strippers…?”

“No! baby… I- look what you did aunt!”

“Sorry,” Chanwoo says pouting with her son still looking at her sternly, “but I want to go to the party… otherwise I’ll have to go with you and Jiyool and your girlfriend to your party,” she says pointedly, “I have my handkerchief today so… it could be fun…” she adds smirking when her son’s expression totally changes.

“Ok, ok… you can go but please aunt… watch what you say -I’ll do the same-,” Yunho says during a red light, “and please don’t embarrass my cousin…”

“Aw… my kids caring for each other are so cute. My babies are too precious…”

“They’re your babies too?” Jiyool asks her aunt.

“Of course baby, they are my babies, you are my baby,” she looks at Yoochun who is huffing looking at the window, “and you are my baby too, Yoochun,” she says giggling along with Jiyool after a not so quiet ‘thank you’ said by the nanny still trying to seem indifferent.

 

----------o----------

 

“Everyone, please, but please… remember behave oneself well. I wasn’t planning on bringing all my family for our first date but, well…” Yunho says nervously looking to all of them feeling really uncomfortable with the grins on everyone's face.

"By the way, princess, what do you bring this time?" Changmin asks Jiyool.

"I brought my zebra costume. My Chunnie couldn't rent the Cookie Monster costume again so my daddy will be a tiger," she says beaming.

"My Yunho will be a tiger? I have to ask for copies," the aunt says grinning mischievous, "next time we'll come too and I'll be a doe and you'll be a deer, Changmin… and that will be our Christmas Postal this year..."

"Mom!"

"I want copies of that too," Yunho says laughing and holds his daughter's hand, "you want to have one too, right baby?"

"Yeah," the girl says jumping happily, "and my Chunnie can be a sheep and I'll wear my wolf costume," she cheers.

"Forget the tiger, now I'm going to enjoy watching the sheep and the deer..." Yunho chuckles and goes fast with a giggling Jiyool.

“Will you be alright, Chun?” Chanwoo asks concerned.

“Of course I will… don’t worry, it’s not your fault that my ex-girlfriend -the one who dumped me saying I’m a failure- happens to work here. I moved on long time ago so… it’s not a problem at all…”

“But you’re not a failure Chunnie!”

“Of course not, Jiyoolie!” everyone says and Yoochun smiles.

All of them enter the place and they are welcomed by Jaejoong.

Jiyool runs straight towards the photographer, "Jae! I missed you."

He lifts her in his arms, "hi, Jiyool! I missed you too, precious."

"Hi! Sorry for bringing all my crew but... couldn't help it... I..." Yunho says smiling still nervous but really happy to see the photographer again.

"Hi! Don't worry..." Jaejoong returns him the smile, "all of you are welcome." He puts the girl down caressing her head.

"Look Jae, she's my aunt but you already know her," Jiyool says gesturing and Chanwoo and Jaejoong greet each other, "and he's my uncle Changmin, he's really good with me and we have a party today, and you already know my daddy too and this is my nanny Yoochun but he’s not just a nanny, he has a degree in Children Development and he’s a Professional Chef too –that’s why he can’t be part of our team in the competition I told you about– he’s really good at cooking…” the girl says while looking sideways to the receptionist while Jaejoong greets to everyone.

“My Chunnie has a girlfriend and she’s super gorgeous, well not as much as you, but she’s still gorgeous,” the kid continues and her family only smiles, “he laughs a lot when she’s around him because she’s so funny…”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah… but my uncle Min’s girlfriend has a more contagious –I know what that means, my Chunnie told me– laughter,” the child continues making a pause to breath, “and he puts a face of ‘awww’ when he sees her smiling… just like my daddy now looking at you…”

“Jiyool!...” an startled and very embarrassed Yunho tells to his daughter hearing the giggles of his family.

“Ok, honey,” Chanwoo smiles, “I think now, Jaejoong knows a lot about my lovesick babies so…”

“Aunt!” Yunho exclaims helplessly and she just looks at him innocently…

Jaejoong just keeps smiling widely, “ok, Jiyool. Let’s begin so you won’t be late to your party.” he takes the child’s hand and Yunho follows them behind, “you can come in too if you like or you could wait in here,” he says to the other three.

“We are coming in, we don’t want to miss the ‘tiger’,” Changmin says nudging to his mortified cousin, “besides we want to cheer for our princess, right?”

That’s how Jaejoong’s studio ends being full of noises and laughter made for his clients, Chanwoo, Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu who has joined them getting along pretty well. The photographer really enjoys the photoshoot even when all the fuss is against how he usually likes to work in his studio, he doesn’t care the noises not even the ‘space cookies’ crumbs all of them, him included, are leaving around the place. He takes many pictures, not only the ones originally missing, but others with Jiyool and her red dress too, some just with her daddy because she wants to have them in her room, the zebra and tiger session and even some with all of them in it wearing furry animal hats. He feels really happy and realizes that he wouldn’t mind at all having more days like this, in fact he’s looking forward for this happening again. Junsu is right, the ‘Cookie Monster’ aka Yunho is special, he can make any kind of funny things to his heart just by looking at him and even more with that smile that at that precise moment he's flashing to him.

 

 

 

Moments before finishing everything, Junsu leaves with Shim Chanwoo and Yoochun because he offered them giving them a ride.

"Okay, princess, we have to go." Changmin says when all the photoshoot is over, "we are going to need your keys, dear cousin, because, as you well know, a car is needed when you want to pick up cake..."

"So you should have think better and bring your own car..." Yunho falters when Changmin and Jiyool look at him with Bambi eyes, "you know I need it..." he bits his lip... "so unfair... I should never let you teach her that..."

"Sorry to intrude but we could take a taxi... Junsu took my car because well... I wouldn't be needing it today..." Jaejoong says standing next to Yunho.

"No... It's just..."

"It's okay, I really don't mind even if we have to take an bus," the photographer says smiling reassuringly.

"All right then..." Yunho approaches his cousin while his daughter is biding goodbye to Jaejoong. "Here, take the key but you owe me an big one."

"I know... but it's worthy."

 

----------o----------

 

"See? The bus ride wasn't that bad," Jaejoong tells Yunho when they arrive to the city center, "we could talk more freely."

"That's right but I could be better if that guy didn't stomp on my toe..."

"Oh well... that-"

Yunho interrupts him suddenly taking his hand when they were just about to going in into the coffee shop they have chosen.

"I can't believe I forgot...”

“What? What is it, Yunho?”

“My nanny… -well, Jiyool’s nanny in fact-, is in there with a bunch of friends –he said just one– so we have to go somewhere else…”

“Okay but… I don’t understand why…”

“Yoochun can be a ‘teasing machine’, you know?”

“Oooh…” Jaejoong says in understatement suddenly thinking in Junsu. “Where are we going now?” he asks Yunho seeing his hand still being held securely by the other.

“I don’t know, just far from here…”

“What about Italian food?”

“Last time, I got my face whipped with my spaghetti… my daughter was really amused but I think I was purple from the embarrassment…” Yunho says smiling and Jaejoong chuckles.

“Then… maybe sushi?” Jaejoong walks by Yunho’s side amused because the other seems oblivious to the fact that he’s still holding his hand, not that he minds it, actually he’s very comfortable so he can’t help smiling from time to time. “I know a place, it’s not big nor very known, but the owner makes delicious food… we could go there, it’s just ten minutes from here by walking.”

“I’d like to,” Yunho says slowly letting go Jae’s hand and looking away embarrassed when they heard the photographer’s phone message tone, “you should check it up…”

Jaejoong checks up his phone, "It's a picture, of my mother's new dog. She got five this week and with the three of my sister that my parents are taking care of..." he sighs, "they have too many pets at home... I only have two cats and even when I would like to have more, I think my mom is exaggerating…" Jaejoong says pouting and Yunho feels his pulse increase seeing him doing the cute gesture.

“We only had at home my late mother’s dog, Najima, but one day I arrived home and Jiyool was crying and Yoochun couldn’t make her stop. It was that she found an injured cat at the garden and she was terrified the cat could die… well, the cat stayed with us since then, the same with the only kitten that could make it that time. That’s how Mahina and Sol came to live with us but my daughter loves animals. I have the feeling she would be delighted if we have that many pets…” Yunho says and when he chuckles, Jaejoong thinks on how much he likes the sound of his laugh. "I was an only child myself but at least I had my cousin to spend our time, if it wasn't for the pets and 'her Chunnie' maybe she'd be too lonely," Yunho adds with a hint of sadness.

"I have a brother and a sister, both older than me and a bunch of cousin who used to come home a lot when were children... it used to be a little crowded back then. It was too difficult trying to have some privacy..." Jaejoong smiles seeing Yunho doing the same.

 

 

 

They end going to the place Jaejoong suggested and to other places after that enjoying the mutual company a lot, it doesn’t matter that they have to walk; not even the raining that catches them unprepared gets to ruin their day.

The next day together with Jiyool, they struggle to finish the giant ‘ship of ice cream and cookies’ and for sure, none of them wants to know anything about vanilla ice cream when they are done, at least for a while.

That’s how the photographer can realize how many things he had been missing during all the dates they have sometimes with Jiyool, sometimes with another member of Jung family but most of times just the two of them. The first time they kiss, Jaejoong knows how many things he wants to have as a part of his life and the best part is that he can feel through Yunho's touch that he feels the same.

 

----------o----------

 

"You should go home to sleep... you’ve been work too much these days."

"Maybe, but you know I enjoy my work besides. Yunho and I are going to see a movie tonight."

"Celebration for your 'month-versary' or whatever?" Junsu grins, "because it had been how many... four months since you started dating?"

"I think so..." Jaejoong says surprised for that fact.

"So, is your boyfriend going to take you to a super romantic evening or something?"

"I told you, we're going to the movies... besides, we're not really... I mean we..." Jaejoong clears his throat, "we didn't labeled our relationship yet..."

"I thought you were already past that, by the way you were acting last time I saw you..." Junsu smiles looking at his flustered friend.

"I- we- none of us have made the final move I guess..." Jaejoong looks at Junsu, "I guess today is a good day to..." he punches his friend's shoulder softly, "I'm gonna asking him today I-"

"In the middle of the movie you'll see him to the eyes, take his hand between yours and make your love confession," Junsu puts his hands joined next to his face blinking repeatedly to tease Jaejoong.

"Stop it! It's not funny!"

"Oh yes... it is, just imagine it..." Junsu grins despite the deathly glare of the photographer.

"Could you please stop making that creepy 'SpongeBob face'?"

"Uh?"

"You know when he finds out that Squidward actually likes Krabby Patties...” Jaejoong says looking at his dumbfounded friend, “Forget it!... I don't even know what I'm saying..."

Junsu just bursts in laughter.

 

 

 

Later that day, Jaejoong meets Yunho at the entrance of the studio.

"I'm sorry but I don't think we should go to the cinema... I'm really tired, Jae. I'm afraid I fall asleep during the movie."

"Oh, it's okay," Jaejoong says but can't help the disappointment showing in his face, "we can go any other time. I'll see you then," he kisses Yunho's cheek lightly and begins to walk away.

"Hey, Jae!," Yunho calls the other and takes his arm softly, "I was actually wondering if you would like to go to my house to see a movie there. Jiyoolie will be back late, she went with her nanny to a 'special cooking class for children'... so it would be just the two of us..." he says rubbing his neck with a hand and tugging Jaejoong towards him with the other.

"I like the idea."

 

 

 

Two hours later they are seated on Yunho's living room’s sofa comfortably accommodated beside each other covered with a blanket too occupied with the other to pay attention to the movie.

"Jae..." Yunho says with an arm holding the photographer by the shoulders, "I wanted to ask you something important for the two of us..." he adds nervously.

"My answer is 'yes', I want to have a more serious relationship with you... I mean, I want you to be my boyfriend too -gosh... it didn't sound that cheesy in my head- I..."

Yunho interrupts him taking his lips for a hungry kiss, "what if I'd have asked you to stay the night?" He says smiling playfully.

"What makes you think that my answer could be any different..." Jaejoong smiles and claims Yunho's lips this time and just when they are too engrossed with their sweet moment to notice anything else around them, they hear someone clearing his throat loudly.

"Good night, Jaejoong, Yunho..." Yoochun stands in front of them with Jiyool sleeping in his arms. "Sorry for the intrusion... please don't mind me," he leaves the bag he's carrying on a couch gesturing to stop to Yunho that is about to stand up, "I'm going to tuck Jiyool up, don't worry. After that, I'll put the food we prepared at the freezer..."

Yoochun goes upstairs and wakes up Jiyool so she could wear her pajamas. He still has to tell her a short fairy tale to help her sleep once again telling her that her dad will come with her later.

Once again at the living room, he notices his boss sleeping with his mouth and even his eyes slightly open and the photographer snuggled on the crook of his neck frowning and mumbling something between dreams. He smiles and takes the bag going to the kitchen to accommodate the food in the refrigerator.

When he goes back ready to leave the place, he plans on taking a photo of the sleeping couple to sending it to the chat group he has together with Changmin, Mrs. Shim and Junsu where they use to talk about Yunho and Jaejoong mainly and of course Jiyool too. He looks at them that have changed their positions and Jaejoong is breathing softly on Yunho's neck and Yoochun witnesses the moment when Yunho kisses Jaejoong's forehead and the frown over there instantly disappear.

Maybe it isn't the funny picture he wanted to send at first but he takes the photo anyways and sends it to the chat group receiving almost at the same time the message 'I knew he was the one, the moment I saw him' from Junsu and Mrs. Shim Chanwoo.

Later Changmin replies with the smirking smiley.

Yoochun leaves the house feeling happy for his boss that happens to be his friend too. He misses the moment when Jiyool wakes up in the middle of the night scared because a nightmare and goes looking for his daddy holding her fluffy rhino and her furry blue blanket, finding him in the sofa next to Jaejoong.

She has always felt something missing for her dad and now she feels he found it, as her auntie said 'she's happy if her daddy is happy' and even when she doesn't know completely what they are for each other, she knows that they are right together. She climbs up his daddy's lap and lays there covered by her blanket and being hugged for both men, with her little head on Jaejoong's chest.

That's how they wake up next morning with their muscles a little constricted and a bit cold but somehow, they feel at ease, they feel complete.

 

------------------------------

 

A/N I'm finally able to post the second chapter, I'll post the last part soon. Once again sorry for the mistakes and the delay.

In this one, there's a little of th story of their families both Yunho's and Jaejoong's

I hope you like it

Thank you for all the support!!