An Uneventful Party

Partners in Justice

Tzuyu woke up to the sound of her cell phone ringing. She sat up abruptly and answered the call, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. She knocked over her brand new lava lamp in the process, much to her annoyance.

“Hello?” Tzuyu grumbled sleepily.

“Tzuyu, get your down here and complete your damn paperwork!” Sana shouted.

Tzuyu laughed wholeheartedly, despite feeling like she could fall right back to sleep any second. “You know that’s your job!”

“It’s our job, so get your down here or I’ll drag your down here!”

“What? You’re gonna come here and grab my ?” Tzuyu teased. “I wouldn’t oppose that.”

“Oh my god, just come!” Sana hung up.

Tzuyu chuckled to herself as she jumped out of bed.

“Not the kind of come I’m interested in.”

______________________________________________________________________

 

Sana huffed as she finally finished her police report. Tzuyu took her sweet- time coming to the police department. Sana looked up when she felt a presence next to her. She immediately glared at Tzuyu’s annoying face.

.

“I hate you,” Sana growled at Tzuyu.

“I’m sorry?” Tzuyu smiled sheepishly.

“You’re not forgiven.”

“I brought you some coffee?” Tzuyu handed Sana a cup of coffee. Sana rolled her eyes, but accepted the coffee nonetheless.

“.” Sana drank her coffee.

She knows the exact coffee that I like.

“You’re welcome!” Tzuyu grinned.

“Good morning guys,” Momo greeted as she walked into the station.

“Yo!” Tzuyu replied with a peace sign. Sana just smiled and nodded at Momo in acknowledgement.

Dahyun trailed after Momo did. “Are there any cases that we need to be briefed about today?”

Sana shrugged. “Not sure.”

As if she was summoned, Nayeon walked out of her fancy office. “We’re having a slow day today. We didn’t get any calls last night and no one reported anything this morning.”

“So what do we do now?” Momo asked, referring to herself and Dahyun.

“Patrol the area, keep an eye out for anything suspicious,” Jeongyeon said as she walked out of her own, fancier office.

“Alright,” Dahyun nodded as she and Momo walked out of the police station.

“What do we do?” Sana asked Jeongyeon.

“Drive to the university on Lane 1 and inspect the area. I heard that there was a massive party last night. A few of my friends who live near there told me that it got pretty crazy. You know how college parties can get, something strange must have happened there overnight,” Jeongyeon stated before retreating back to her office. Nayeon smiled at Jeongyeon’s authoritative figure before going into her own office.

Sana and Tzuyu grabbed their necessities before leaving the station and entering their police car. As usual, Tzuyu’s at the wheel and she drove them to the university.

“I remember when I was a university student… fun times,” Tzuyu smiled at her memories, flipping through flashbacks in her mind.

“What did you do? Bang girls every day?” Sana shook her head, “sounds like something you would do.”

“No, I played on my university’s soccer team,” Tzuyu chuckled, “I won a gold medal.”

“For what? Participation?” Sana asked sarcastically.

No, I actually won us a tournament! Anyway, what were you like when you were a university student? A nerd? A loner?” Tzuyu teased.

Girl, please.

“Actually, no.”

Tzuyu widened her eyes and looked at Sana for a second. “No?”

“I was actually pretty popular; I got invited to parties all the time. Everyone knew that if I was attending a party, then it must be lit,” Sana explained with a flip of her hair.

“You’re joking.” Tzuyu couldn’t imagine Sana being a party girl.

“I’m serious. I stopped going to parties during my senior year, though,” Sana replied with a dim expression.

“Why?” Tzuyu asked curiously.

“That was the year I figured out my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me.” Sana looked out the window.

“Oh,” Tzuyu replied quietly. “What an .”

“I know.”

The two girls arrived at the university. Sana and Tzuyu hopped out of their vehicle and walked around the large campus, looking for anything unusual. Nothing looked out of the ordinary; it looked like a normal morning at a university.

That was until they saw a nearly boy run past them.

“That party last night was awesome!” He shouted to nobody while sprinting down the road.

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

“You know what, I’ve actually never gone to a party while I was a university student,” Tzuyu admitted.

“No way.”

“Seriously! Believe it or not, I was a pretty studious student. I made sure I did well in all my classes so that I can stay on the soccer team,” Tzuyu beamed with pride.

“I’m… really surprised,” Sana replied with a shock, “maybe there are things about you that I still need to learn.”

“You can study me all day baby,” Tzuyu smirked with a wink. She wasn’t surprised when Sana hit the back of her head.

“Anyway,” Tzuyu continued as if nothing happened, “should we be suspicious? Like, should we be checking on the students?”

“Definitely,” Sana nodded, “I’ve seen some rather... questionable things happen in the parties that I’ve been to in the past; things that should be considered illegal.”

“Oh really now?” Tzuyu was about to dig for more details when she saw a couple of girls walk past her, complaining about their torturous hangovers. Their makeup was smeared and their clothes were a mess. There’s no way they didn’t go to that party last night.

“Hey, did you guys attend that massive party last night?” Tzuyu stopped them.

“Hell yeah we did!” one of the girls chirped, “Did you go too, hot stuff?”

Oh god.

Sana almost barfed.

Tzuyu smirked at the attractive, barely dressed girls. “I’m not a student.”

“You don’t need to be a student here to go to the parties. Oh, are you like a teacher’s assistant or something?” the girl flirted, “I would love you to help me… study.”

Another girl trailed her finger down Tzuyu’s nice jacket. “If I saw you at that party, I would have been on you all night.”

What the ?

Sana glared at the two girls before pulling Tzuyu away from them. “She’s actually a cop.”

A girl smiled even wider at Tzuyu. “A girl in uniform, I like that.”

Sana shook her head, there’s no way to end their thirst. “Do you guys know where the party was?”

“Walk over there; it’s the first apartment you see.” One of the girls pointed towards the university’s housing area.

“Thanks.” Sana nodded at them before walking away.

One of the girls batted her eyelashes at Tzuyu. “So-”

“Tzuyu!” Sana shouted, glaring at all of them.

“Coming!” Tzuyu smiled apologetically at the girls before following Sana.

“Wish you could make me come instead!” a girl pouted, watching Tzuyu walk away.

“Your girlfriend sure gets jealous easily!” the other one giggled.

Sana stopped walking and turned around, still fuming.

“She’s not my-”

“I know!” Tzuyu winked at them before running to her partner’s side.

Tsk.

“I’m not your girlfriend.” Sana punched Tzuyu’s arm softly.

“They don’t need to know that,” Tzuyu shrugged. “Besides, wouldn’t you want them to think that you are? Considering how jealous you got.”

Sana looked at her furiously. “I was not jealous!”

“Pfft, your skin practically turned green just now!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!

“Did not!

“Look, we're here!” Tzuyu suddenly pointed at the apartment in front of them. It was completely trashed. A couple of windows were broken, there were tons of empty cups splayed across the floor, and what looks to be ripped pieces of clothing everywhere.

Sana pointed a finger at Tzuyu, “We can discuss how I wasn’t jealous later.”

“Yeah right-”

Sana knocked on the door of the apartment.

A boy, presumably the owner of the apartment, opened the door. He smirked at the sight of Sana in front of him.

“Hey y, what brings you here?” he winked at the shorter girl.

Oh god.

Tzuyu clenched her fists a little before reaching for her badge and showing it to him, immediately taking authoritative power over him. “We are here because of that massive and possibly illegal party you threw last night and we want to figure out how many ed up things happened here-”

Sana glared at Tzuyu before correcting her, “What my partner means is that we’re here because we saw the state your apartment is in, and we are a bit concerned.”

“Don’t worry about it babe, we didn’t do anything too crazy!” he laughed loudly.

“Really? You threw a college party, surely you must have given some underage students alcohol,” Tzuyu rolled her eyes, not believing this dude for one second.

“Oh come on, you must've drank some alcohol when you were underaged!” he whined at them, “everyone does!”

“Nope, I was a goody-two-shoes,” Tzuyu said blankly.

“Same.” Sana agreed..

“Y'all are boring,” he pouted. They suddenly heard a girl shout from inside, the voice approaching them quickly.

“You slept with another girl last night?!” A pillow hit the boy’s back.

“B-Baby! I drank a little bit too much last night!” he defended himself.

“That is no excuse for having with my best friend!” his girlfriend, or rather, soon -to-be-ex-girlfriend, shrieked.

Tzuyu smirked at the situation, definitely wanting to make it worse for this boy, “Don’t people say that drinking brings out the truth in people? You probably had with her best friend because you wanted to. Trust me, I know how drunk works.” Tzuyu gave Sana a wink when she said the last part.

.

“Babe-” the boy almost started weeping.

“We’re over!” the girl yelled before stomping out of the house.

The boy shrugged. “Oh well, there’s more where that came from.”

What a .

The boy looked at the two officers in front of him again, “Seriously guys, besides the underaged drinking, nothing else happened here last night. No murders, no drug deals, nothing.”

“I see,” Sana nodded before turning around and walking away.

“Wait! You wanna go out sometime?!” he shouted from the doorway.

Tzuyu glared at him before slamming the door shut behind her. She smiled when she heard him scream in pain.

“My nose!”

Tzuyu quickly ran to catch up with Sana, huffing at what just happened.

“And you said I was jealous?” Sana smirked at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu shrugged, “I’ll admit it, I wanted to cut off his baby maker when he called you babe. I mean, only I can call you that, right?”

Sana blushed, “N-No you can’t! Stop calling me that.”

“I know you like it… babe,” Tzuyu winked as they walked away from the apartment.

“I believe him though, while some parties are questionable, many of them are also harmless, aside from the drinking, of course,” Sana threw out her two cents.

“Yeah,” Tzuyu nodded, “Besides, it’s at his apartment, he probably made sure no nutcase entered his party, he would’ve become our number one suspect if anything weird happened.”

“True,” Sana nodded.

The two decided to stop by a Starbucks on campus. After all, they are stereotypical police officers, of course they should get coffee.

“Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you?” an employee smiled at the two.

“We’ll have-”

“Are you two detectives?! Someone told me that there were two on campus! My friend is missing!” a boy shouted from behind them.

Sana and Tzuyu kindly dismissed the employee as they faced the distressed boy.

“Where did you last see him?” Sana asked.

“At the party last night,” he replied, “I asked our other friends and I already checked his dorm. No one has seen him this morning.”

“Who did you last see him with at the party?” Tzuyu asked, eyeing the menu.

“Some girl, I think she lives in the dorms below him, actually,” he answered.

“Have you checked her dorm?” Sana tilted her head slightly.

“Uh, no.”

“Let’s go check then,” Sana sighed as she grabbed Tzuyu’s arm and dragged her out of the Starbucks. Tzuyu pouted.

“I really wanted coffee.”

A student here could be in potential danger and all you can care about is coffee?

Sana ignored Tzuyu as they followed the boy to the students’ dorms on campus. He led them to the girl’s room.

“Hello?” Sana knocked on the door.

They heard someone screaming.

“That’s my friend’s voice!” the boy widened his eyes in horror.

Tzuyu looked at Sana and asked for permission with her eyes. Sana rolled her eyes and nodded. Tzuyu wasted no time and kicked the door open with all her might.

They saw two very students scrambling under the covers.

My not-so--eyes!

“Oh yeah, he’s definitely in danger,” Tzuyu rolled her eyes. Sana grimaced at the explicit scene in front of her.

The boy standing with them looked at his friend with tears in his eyes, “Y-You had with me the other day! You said that you would give me a chance!”

“I’m biual! I have needs!” the boy shouted back.

“Alright, we’re done here,” Sana turned around with Tzuyu hot on her tail.

“W-Wait, my door!” the girl shouted angrily.

I don’t have time for drama like this.

“You know, if I wasn’t already into girls, I would’ve loved my first time with a woman to be with you,” Tzuyu flirted.

“Gosh Tzuyu, I didn’t need to know that,” Sana looked down, hiding her reddening cheeks.

“If we both attended the same university, you totally would have wanted to bang me, right?” Tzuyu smirked at Sana, poking her side.

Sana shoved Tzuyu’s naughty finger away.

“In your dreams.”

“Oh, I do dream about it… A lot,” Tzuyu closed her eyes, as if imagining something.

Sana scoffed and pushed Tzuyu roughly, “You’re gross.”

“You know you would have jumped this,” Tzuyu gestured to her own body, “If we weren’t partners.”

Sana scoffed again and flipped Tzuyu off.

Maybe I would have, but I’m never going to tell you that.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Tzuyu and Sana returned to their police department with uneventful news. They sat around the station, bored out of their minds. Sana decided to re-read old police reports. Tzuyu, on the other hand, was throwing crumpled-up paper into a wastebasket.

“She scores again!” Tzuyu praised herself as she got another crumpled piece of paper into the wastebasket.

“Tzuyu, stop acting like you’re five,” Sana scolded Tzuyu, shaking her head.

“Sana, stop acting like you're fifty,” Tzuyu stuck her tongue out at Sana.

Why you little-

“Sana, Tzuyu! We need you two to go into a hotel room together,” Jeongyeon said as she ran out of her office, a clear sense of urgency in her voice.

Uh...

“Why?” Sana raised an eyebrow while Tzuyu looked very happy with the request.

“We need you two to spy on these suspects that are across the street in the other hotel.”

“You heard our Deputy, let’s go!” Tzuyu grabbed her jacket and bounced out the door.

Sana sighed heavily, bringing her hands to her temples and looked at Jeongyeon, “Do I really need to bring her? She’s going to have a field day knowing that I’m going to be stuck in a hotel room with her.”

Jeongyeon looked at Sana weirdly, “Why wouldn’t she go with you? She’s your partner. You guys need to stick together.”

Sana begrudgingly nodded before slowly walking out the same door as the person who is unfortunately her partner.

Well me.