The Disastrous Wedding

Love Four Ways

***I think you could guess something from the title, but please read the chapter first before jumping to a conclusion. I hope you have fun reading this as much as I had fun writing it. I really enjoyed writing this story, and I believe this should be the last chapter before I come out with the epilogue. Have a lot of fun y'all (^_^)/


The Disastrous Wedding

 

It was an abnormally cold day when a girl sat in a waiting room by herself before she’d eventually go into the hall and say her vow. Wonyoung’s demeanor was as calm as a small wave of an ocean but her heart was thumping hard like a tsunami that hit the land and even wiped out the entire city. She was thinking of how this day would turn out like at the end of the hour and it seemed like the time was ticking slowly and taking forever.

Her lonely train of thoughts were interrupted when she heard a few knocks on the door and her soon-to-be-wife, Chaewon’s head poked out from behind. “I can come in, right?”

It was funny how the older girl asked for her permission when Wonyoung would just gladly have Chaewon crashed in without much thought. She chuckled as she stared at her fiancee that looked exceptionally good today. “My mom said it’s bad luck if the groom saw the bride before the wedding, but sure!”

Old folks tended to have that theory a lot, Chaewon thought but she paid no mind to it and came in after Wonyoung gave her the green light. She didn’t mean to ridicule Wonyoung’s mother’s quote but she really needed to see the bride before tying the knot.

“Why are you wearing your Harry Potter’s round glasses on our wedding day?” Wonyoung inquired and couldn’t help herself but wondered. Chaewon rarely wore her glasses on daily use unless she was studying or had some readings.

Her shorter fiancee snickered and beamed cutely. “You said I look good with glasses. I just thought I should impress you on our big day hence I wore this thing today!”

The tall bride smiled in through the silence. She was sure her partner was thinking of the same thing like she had inside her mind at the moment. “Things shouldn’t go wrong today,” Wonyoung uttered, her slow voice sounded loud since the room barely had any noise.

“We must have a belief that today will be grand and marked as the best day of our life,” Chaewon said and turned to her, smiling. “Believe in her. Of course one wrong move and we’ll be screwed, but I trust her, so you should trust me.”

Wonyoung nodded and finally felt more relaxed than earlier on. Like Chaewon’s belief, she repeated a mantra inside her brain saying that nothing could ever go wrong today.

***

When the host announced the couple could walk on the aisle now, Chaewon led and Wonyoung followed her. With linked arms, they entered the hall and just like any other normal wedded couple, they were given the attention and heard whistles from her friends, gawking at their good-looking appearances. Wonyoung had a plain long cream dress hugged her body and a flower crown on her head, kept her make up at the minimal but still looking gorgeous despite the simplicity. Chaewon on the other hand looked charismatic with her Harry Potter’s round glasses (according to Wonyoung), one-piece dress and black long coat. Their visuals were really pleasing and outsold.

A certain former romantic couple stared at them, green in envy looking at their interlocked arms. They had their own thoughts at the moment and could feel their hearts were torn and pierced. They were Yujin and Minjoo.

Wonyoung and Chaewon arrived and stood before the priest, ready to see him do his job to marry them. Their hearts started pounding more anxiously, sweats began to accumulate on their palms.

The priest was talking. “--speak now or forever hold your peace!”

One. Two. Three. Wonyoung glanced at her fiancee and felt her heart beat faster. Chaewon also was glancing at her and they exchanged gazes, full of meanings and hidden talks only they could understand.

“It’s a cue, right?”

“Yes!”

“Why is it so quiet?”

“I don’t know!”

“I thought you said to trust you!”

“Well, I thought I trusted myself too-”

“I object this marriage!” A slender arm rose in the air and a girl appeared from her seat, standing straight after voicing up. Wonyoung and Chaewon turned around and sighed out. The girl was wearing braces and her pronunciations were a bit weird.

“I don’t approve of this wedding!” the girl said again and her glare towards the couple was like a dagger. Wonyoung spared a glance to her father’s evil sister and saw her smirked. “Chaewon is mine and there’s no way I could let this marriage happens!”

Murmurs were heard and the ceremony suddenly became noisy. The guests looked confused and began to make assumptions by themselves.

Chaewon and Wonyoung’s peers started wondering and were frowning too much. Miru was asking for an explanation from Wonyoung through their exchanged gazes and Eunbi was staring at Chaewon like she was boring into a hole. Chaewon just shrugged and let the mysterious girl carried on with her talks.

“-I believe that’s what our lovely bride, Miss Jang Wonyoung’s aunt wanted me to say to ruin this godly wedding!” the girl rotated her head and pointed at the woman whose face had changed into a complete nightmare. The said woman widened her eyes and glared at the mysterious girl.

Wonyoung sighed out in relief and chuckled. Chaewon smirked and began clapping her hands. The mysterious girl took it as a cue and came out towards the supposedly wedded couple and an A4-sized brown envelope was exchanged hand into Chaewon’s.

“I assure everyone in this hall to calm down and let me explain. I am Kim Doah, Kim Chaewon’s personal assistant who aided both her and her lovely bride to spy on Mrs. Jang Jooyeon, the bride’s aunt. The couple of the day held this wedding ceremony as a set up to trap the certain woman and her family.”

The other guests, mostly VIPs who were Wonyoung’s father’s so-called friends also had associated with his sister were uneasy on their seats and threw accusing glares toward Jang Jooyeon.

“Ms. Jang paid me to become a so-called Kim Chaewon’s secret girlfriend so she could get rid of her from getting married with Miss Jang Wonyoung, of course without knowing who I actually worked for.”

Wonyoung looked proud when she looked at Doah and turned to the wicked woman with a mocking laugh. Chaewon shook her head smugly and opened the brown envelope.

“The envelope in Kim Chaewon’s hands contains documents that have a list of Mrs. Jang and other associated directors’ possible crimes. The contents are legal and not filtered, included the past, present, and all other attempts of crimes,” Doah added, exposing the woman mercilessly.

Wonyoung poked her head and joined Chaewon to read the documents that Doah had gained from whatever sources she had they wouldn’t care to know. Wonyoung’s fists balled and clenched onto her dress, trembling in her spot.

Yujin saw the poor girl’s state and wanted to step closer to comfort her but Yuri held her back. “Don’t! Let her have her time with Chaewon unnie!”

Among the contents stated how the villains planned on Mr. Jang, Wonyoung’s father’s murder. Apparently her mother and Wonyoung herself had suspected that her father’s sudden passing wasn’t because of heart attack but a well-planned murder, and they were right. If not for her lawyer, Chaewon and Doah, they wouldn’t be able to know how the murderers poisoned Mr. Jang’s drink when they were having a private discussion without him realized.

Wonyoung’s eyes started watering and she had to hold onto Chaewon for support. before she’d collapse. Her fiancee smoothly secured her arm around Wonyoung’s waist, understood her shock.

“Embezzlements, frauds, corrupting the law authorities, Mr. Jang’s murder, Wonyoung’s bankruptcy, Kim Chaewon’s...captive and slaughter, uh?” Chaewon read the plan out loud and was stunned at the last list, her peers had the same reactions and puzzled. So this was a plan B if Doah didn’t agree to be Chaewon’s fake secret girlfriend for the wicked woman?  Wonyoung slapped her own forehead and leaned into the former’s ear. “I had a dream you’d be killed by having your throat slit, can’t believe it’s almost becoming true if this wedding didn’t happen!” she whispered. Chaewon was startled to hear Wonyoung had such a tragic dream about her and flattened.

The woman and her alliances denied everything as false and fabricated, saying they were framed and Wonyoung was doing these all on purpose to drag them down so she’d have all the properties to herself, which Wonyoung ridiculed them back and saying she had other strong proofs for the accusations.

Doah had recorded plenty of audios and videos through wiretap and secret camera respectively. The associated directors and Jang Jooyeon, along with her husband and her only son were seen in the videos, planning several crimes.

A reporter hired personally by Doah but paid by Chaewon who came to this wedding was recording the whole scenes happened in the hall, putting extra efforts by focusing and zooming in to Jang Jooyeon’s embarrassed face. Some seconds later, a group of prosecutors broke into the hall with legal arrest warrants and held the bad guys captivated with handcuffs before taking them out of the place.

Really, this was such a scene for a wedding ceremony! Not even a runaway bride news could top this buzz, to be honest. Chaewon and Wonyoung were relieved the worst part was finally over.

Wonyoung’s mother ran to her only daughter and embraced her dearly. The folk shed tears while Wonyoung was smiling and saying some comforting words for her single parent.

The lady turned to Chaewon and held her hands. “Thank you so much, Chaewon sweetie! I’m a little upset you aren’t Wonyoung’s one pick but I’m happy enough I got to have a taste of what it’s like to be your future mother in-law!”

“So...are you gonna carry on with the wedding or it’s totally canceled?” Sihyun’s question snapped them back to reality.

Right, Chaewon and Wonyoung were supposed to get married!

“Of course not!” Doah snorted and rolled her eyes. The guests were wondering if Doah were really Chaewon’s secret girlfriend because of her grumpy attitude. “The both of them don’t even have the hearts for this fake marriage, the priest is also hired to take part in this super big plan and he’s actually my father!” the girl with complex pronunciations explained.

“Thank you, Mr. Kim!” Wonyoung and Chaewon elatedly uttered in unison and bowed to the fake priest.

“As expected, you’re the best Kim Doah! I know I can count on you!” Chaewon beamed playfully and gave her assistant two thumbs up. The girl used to be a clerk who worked with the former manager but after Chaewon moved into Wonyoung’s company, Doah was offered a position as well on Chaewon’s recommendation knowing how well they worked with each other as a team.

“I deserve a raise and multiple bonuses, to be honest!” Doah winked excitedly.

“Maybe an award for the best employee of the month and a promotion would do, too?” Wonyoung interfered and Doah had her jaw dropped.

“Are you serious?!”

“You deserve the best that the company could provide, Doah!” Chaewon patted her assistant’s arm and the excited girl thanked the couple enthusiastically.

The ceremony was over and their friends started to gather around them. “Are you proud that you had fooled us?” Gahyeon looked unexceptionally annoyed. She had been Wonyoung and Yujin’s older roommate for a long time before and you could say she was one of the twin towers’ closest friends.

“We almost had a heart attack when that girl first objected the marriage, you brat!” Suyoon headlocked Chaewon and the latter was whining in pain but laughed afterwards. It needed Sohee to step up and stopped the both of them from killing each other.

Wonyoung suddenly squatted down surprising everyone and made baby cry sound. Chaewon peeked down and looked strangely at her fiancee. “What’s wrong, Wonyoungie? Everything is over now~”

They heard Wonyoung sobbed and Yujin wanted to step closer and hugged her but Wonyoung’s voice caused her to stop in her tracks. “I thought I was going to get married to you for real, I was scared!”

Yujin couldn’t help herself but smiled. It was somehow funny but yet managed to make her feel relieved.

“Yah, blame Doah for taking her time too long!”

“You said I shouldn’t be rushing, so of course I had to take my time! And I was really nervous okay?!” Doah glared at Chaewon and pouted. “Besides, do you really think my father would marry you off knowing what kind of plan we had in mind?”

The older and mature ones like Miho, Kaeun, Miyu, Haeyoon, Hyunah and Sae were shaking their heads at their antics, but then we had Eunbi. “I was really expecting you as Chaewon’s secret girlfriend and looked forward to see you ruin her life though~”

“Unnie, you really hate me right?” Chaewon whined and Sohee was being the saint girl that she was wrapped her arm around Chaewon’s shoulder. “Don’t do that to our Chaewon unnie~”

They got over with the conversations and someone started to point out of being hungry and blamed the couple for their tricks.

“We prepared a reception for you all on my daughter and Chaewon’s request, come and eat!” Wonyoung’s mother said and their friends cheered.

“Chaewon unnie,” Nayoung paced towards her and was whispering. “Is Doah perhaps still single? She’s really cool and I wanna get closer to her!”

That cheeky brat was locked by the head and dragged away. “It’s not cool to ask me that, Nayoung~”

Almost everyone left, only a pair stood frozen behind and had their gazed locked to the ground. Wonyoung sat down on the carpeted floor and took off her heels when she felt her feet were in pain. Yujin who saw the girl’s struggle began to move her feet and crouched down on the former’s level. She helped Wonyoung took her heels off and began massaging her feet with her own bare hands.

Wonyoung glanced up and her eyes met Yujin’s. She beamed and the latter had the same expression with her dimples poked out. “Thank you.”

*Flashback*

“Chaewon and I are getting married!”

Yujin’s smiley face turned into a flat expression upon Wonyoung’s sudden news. Her heart started to clench yet she didn’t know on what reason. Why did this thing affect her this way, so much?

“But I have more things to say to you!” the taller girl’s baby voice shook her out from her distracted thoughts. “Yeah?”

She saw Wonyoung gulped on and took a really deep breath. “I promise her I should confess now or never! Ahn Yujin, I like you a lot since we were younger and immature! I like that you became my friend and had always been the closest person to me, whether by distances or by hearts! It gave me pain when you started hanging around with other people and eventually had a girl that you liked so much, very romantically! And that’s when I realized, I didn’t only simply like you, but I fall in love with you, until now!”

The confession wasn’t something she had foreseen. Knowing Wonyoung for many years, she never expected the girl to have such feelings towards her. They had been friends for the longest time and she had always thought they only had platonic kind of love and Wonyoung’s clinginess was limited to only as how a best friend should have.

However, to know Wonyoung actually held such a deep and meaningful feelings for her absolutely shook her heart. Yujin became confused yet she was somehow elated.

“Therefore I’m asking you now- should I proceed with the wedding and get married to Chaewon unnie?”

The writer had a sudden throwback flashed inside her mind. She was happy whenever she’s with Wonyoung. Never once she felt sick of her tall best friend or annoyed, unless the girl was extremely clingy with Miru or when she announced her engagement with Chaewon. The marriage news apparently bothered her nerves a lot. Upon the thought of that, she finally came with a conclusion!

“No! Don’t get married with her!” Yujin gave her answer firmly, and she knew she did the right thing when Wonyoung was smiling after her reply.

If Wonyoung was happy, then she’d be happy too!

*End*

*Chu

Yujin felt Wonyoung’s lips landed on her cheek. She looked up and beamed warmly. She knew she had done a favor for a lot of people by choosing a choice for Wonyoung, and most of all she had also done herself a favor by doing this.

“Why kiss me on my cheek when you can kiss my lips?”

“Huh?”

The short-haired writer closed the gap and kissed Wonyoung’s soft-pink lips. This was their first time, and Yujin felt the heart-thumping feeling for the first time in a while.

Wonyoung felt her cheeks heated by Yujin’s improvisation but drowned herself further. Yujin’s lips were addicting as expected and her warm hands wrapped around her back, who could blame her when Wonyoung fell deeper into her touch.

***

Once they stepped out from the ceremony hall, Minjoo spotted Chaewon nowhere in her sight. She saw the latter came out with Nayoung earlier and honestly she was jealous of their close skinship.

Moe walked out with Miu behind her and tapped her shoulder. “Are you okay, Minjoo?”

Yunjin who had Miyu’s arm linked with hers also approached the lost girl. “I saw Chaewon going outside. Aren’t you going to get her?”

“Was she alone?” Minjoo’s eyes sparkled.

“Chaewon was with Eunbi, Suyoon and Sohee earlier but headed out alone!” Miyu informed her.

“Thank you~” She dashed out without wasting more time to look for a certain red-haired girl. Minjoo finally found Chaewon after searching for her frantically and saw her shoved a familiar shape of a white stick inside . Minjoo’s eyes widened and ran to the girl’s side in an instant to snatch the stick away from . “I thought I said I hate to see you smoki-”

“B-But that’s a candy…” Chaewon murmured awkwardly at the sudden attack and let Minjoo studied the stick by herself. It was indeed a candy instead of a cigarette like she deemed and Minjoo sighed out of relief.

Chaewon had once associated and hung out with bad kids and followed their habits like smoking outside school and even drank while she was still underage. Chaewon was trying to damage herself after she was severely hurt by Minjoo’s rejection in the past and you could say that was one of the factors why Minjoo always cared about her and wanted to stay as close friends so she could look after the former.

“I thought you started smoking again and I almost had a heart attack!” Minjoo looked like she was about to cry since she was really overwhelmed by her fear.

“I had dropped smoking a long time ago after you caught me back then,” Chaewon said with a cute smile on her face to assure the former. “Do you think Eunbi unnie will keep me alive if she knows I smoke cigarette?!”

The young producer laughed at the possibility of Chaewon’s words and started to imagine what Eunbi would really do to her. The petite girl despite her small body and short height, had more powers and authorities than anyone could have. Only the likes like Kaeun, Miho, Haeyoon and Miyu were on pars and could control her.

“Do you like me that much, Kim Minjoo?” Chaewon started to be serious and her pretty eyes deepened when she looked at Minjoo. The same loving stares by the pretty stars in her orbs. Right then she was sure Chaewon still felt and looked at her the same. Minjoo’s heart began to beat faster. This was the moment that she had been waiting for, for a long time.

“Yes, but like is an understatement. I actually love you so much, Chaewon unnie!” She might look confident and strong when she was confessing but the truth was she was too nervous that she felt she could pee in her pants.

“I wanted you to be happy, yet I hated that you’d be happy with someone that wasn’t me! The thought of you moving on from me, suddenly getting engaged and almost getting married with someone else really scared me!” Minjoo shivered in the cold and water were accumulating in her eyes. “I was selfish, I admit it but I wanted you to be happy with only me!”

Chaewon closed her eyelids for a brief moment and opened them back again. She was worried of the girl’s thin outfits in the cold and started to draw closer. At last, she embraced Minjoo and wanted to radiate body heat for the both of them.

“I love you too, Minjoo. I choose to be happy with only you too. Even if you happen to stay in the relationship with Yujin for a longer time, I’m willing to stay alone yet still stay close to you as a really good friend that would always be there for you.”

Minjoo was touched by her words and wrapped her hands around Chaewon’s thin body, tightened the hug. “Nothing could stop us from reaching the happiness that we had been waiting for now, right?”

Chaewon smiled although knowing Minjoo couldn’t see her. “There shouldn’t be any other obstacles for us,” she assured.

They finally found the warmth that they sought for and stayed still happily with each other.