Kim Chaewon

Love Four Ways

Kim Chaewon

 

Chaewon waved as Yujin and Wonyoung’s cab drove off while Minjoo was sleeping in her arms. The other girl was too drunk to wake up and Chaewon had enough hard time just to keep the balance of Minjoo’s weight on her so they wouldn’t fall.

After felt like hours the substitute driver finally showed up and Chaewon tossed her key to the guy while keeping Minjoo close to her. They got inside the backseat so she could lay Minjoo’s long body with her head on Chaewon’s lap. The substitute guy soon started to drive as the sober girl in the backseat gave instructions about where he’d suppose to take them to.

It was a quiet drive and Chaewon could rest in the backseat comfortably for once while letting the substitute driver did all the work.

Honestly, this moment meant a lot to her. Sit on the back while enjoying someone else’s drive, the alcohol drink that she had slowly took a toll on her, Minjoo who was lying on her lap and simply just everything about this moment actually brought a peace inside her heart.

It was all, actually thanks to Minjoo. The girl, who was her everything. Her dream world. Her dream girl. The fact that  this girl was with her alone (minus the driver, do we really have to be reminded of that?) made everything better.

Chaewon played with Minjoo’s hair and brushed the long dark hair slowly like she was producing some melancholic sound from the piano keys. “Minjoo-yah...why Yujin didn’t take you home with her instead of me? Don’t you know how much I’m suffering right now because I couldn’t do what Yujin always did with you?”

The driver glanced at her reflection from the rear-view mirror and thought she was some mad girl who talked to herself.

“Why are you torturing my poor heart like this, you brat?!” Chaewon cussed and almost flicked the sleeping girl’s head but held herself back.

She huffed loudly. What’s the use of all the gibberish talk anyway. It’s not like Minjoo could hear her and rewind the time so she wouldn’t get so drunk and they wouldn’t have to get into this situation. Everything that happened at this moment unfortunately couldn’t be undone.

She was too tired to keep her eyes opened. In the end Chaewon just finally decided to sleep like Minjoo and lost to the silent battle of keeping herself awake. It was only until she arrived at Minjoo’s parents’ place then the driver woke her up. She had to tell that driver guy to wait while she’d send Minjoo inside safely.

Minjoo’s mom showed up at the door a few seconds later once she pressed the doorbell. Fortunately the old woman was still awake and waiting for Minjoo to come home before she’d eventually go to sleep.

“Hello Mrs. Kim, sorry for bothering you this late. I’m Chaewon, Minjoo’s friend if you recall,” she bowed to Minjoo’s folk while ensuring the other girl stayed still in her arms.

“Aigoo, thank you so much for your kindness, *ahgassi! I’m really sorry if Minjoo gave you a hard time!” Minjoo’s mom was panicking by herself  (*young lady). “You see, she just broke up with her lover recently and she was having a hard time, so I’m really worried about her!”

Chaewon was surprised to hear such unexpected news from Minjoo’s mom that she froze for a few seconds. “B-Broke up?”

“She had moved out from the shared house she had with Yujin since last week and you could tell I’m concern about my daughter everyday since.”

So it’d been a week that Minjoo and Yujin broke up? Was she the only one who was kept in the dark or the (ex) couple purposely had their mouths shut about that? Chaewon’s mind was bothered with a lot of questions. She wanted to stay longer and ask as many as she could to the folk if not for the honk that her car produced from the driver guy.

Minjoo’s mom took her daughter from Chaewon’s arms when she realized the visitor was in a rush and had to reluctantly excused herself. “I’ll have to get going now, Mrs. Kim. Goodnight!”

“Thank you once again, ahgassi! Come over on your free time and I’ll make food for you!” the elder hollered but Chaewon couldn’t promise her anything. Minjoo’s break up news was too much for her to take. She wasn’t ready to face Minjoo knowing that the younger was now single and had nobody else at the moment. It made her even more scared, if she were to be honest.

The driver took off once she got inside the car back. With her mind became a full mess after the Minjoo thing,  she was brought back to that tragic time, when the beautiful girl rejected her because she chose Ahn Yujin - in her sleep.

***

Chaewon had her glasses on as she studied the document Wonyoung’s lawyer handed out. It was something related to the company, Wonyoung’s late father’s profile and the relationships with all board of directors. She needed to learn about them thoroughly if she really wanted to help Wonyoung. After all she had become the bridge between the board of directors and Wonyoung herself for them to decide either she’s qualified for the CEO’s position or the other way around.

She had been trying her best to forget about Minjoo, the girl that bothered her mind since that night when they had the ‘double date’. Minjoo’s calls were left unanswered and all her messages were read without replies. Chaewon was avoiding to have any contact with Minjoo at all cost, and even Yujin’s calls had to be ignored.

She only had one problem left;

“You actually look good with your glasses on!” Wonyoung appeared at her office’s door startling her and walked in as she pleased. The younger girl really had a thing for surprising her like this, huh?!

Chaewon snickered and playfully glared at the other girl who had broken in her office without proper permission. “Do you know that you’re being rude by entering my office before I could grant you the permission?”

Like Wonyoung even felt threatened by her not-so intimidating voice in the first place! She knew Chaewon was too soft for that intimidating trait thus Wonyoung never took her seriously. “Fyi, this office might write your name as the legitimate director but I own this whole building so practically I could do anything according to how I like it!” She obviously didn’t give a damn about her playful threat which irked Chaewon.

“What do you want?” she asked roughly before focusing back on the document on her table. Wonyoung paced closer towards her desk and rubbed her tummy while pouting.

“I’m hungry, can we go out to have something to eat now?” She used her cutesy tone and talked like a baby whenever she talked about food or eating. Chaewon made a face as if she was disgusted and covered her ears.

Eventually giving in to Wonyoung’s persistence, the engaged couple headed out for late lunch. It was no wonder the girl almost turned into a monster. Chaewon was too focused on her tasks to realized the clock had passed 2.

“What happen to having lunch with Yujin on daily life?” Wonyoung turned quiet when she was thrown of the question. She had a story to share with her fake fiancee but it was too heavy for her to tell.

Chaewon could sense her anxiety thus initiated to ease the other girl by asking calmly. “What is it? You seem bothered.”

This was something not only related to Wonyoung but Chaewon too, hence it wasn’t easy to open . She was worried if she’d hurt her partner’s feelings because as much as she loved to bully the older girl, Chaewon was too kind to be hurt.

“I-It’s…” Wonyoung played with the utensils in her hands instead of actually eating her food. “Yujin and Minjoo unnie b-broke up…”

Chaewon wasn’t that surprised that Wonyoung knew about it. Yujin barely kept her own secrets when it came to her best friend thus this was nothing new. “And…?” she trailed her voice.

Wonyoung decided to have her head up and be honest. “So I guess you knew it too. Don’t you want to claim back what’s supposed to be yours?” She didn’t blink and stare at Chaewon with a soft gaze. Chaewon however was perplexed to hear that coming from Wonyoung. “How d-did you-?”

“I wasn’t stupid enough to not know you had a thing for Minjoo unnie, for many years that never changed!”

Chaewon snorted. “Don’t bluff! I bet you knew it from Yujin who found out from Yena unnie!”

She was indeed right. As expected of the intelligent unnie! She was really a hidden ace! Wonyoung thought to herself.

“It doesn’t matter though. Are you not going to get Minjoo unnie back? You have been waiting for this for years!” Wonyoung heaved a sigh. “If you’re concerned about our engagement, I assure you not to worry. We had a promise that we can have relationship with anyone we like and not get bothered!” she pressed further.

“Bold of you to assume I cared about our engagement!” Chaewon recovered from her surprise and made a savage remark. “And no, I’m not thinking about having Minjoo to myself just because she had broken up with Yujin!” she shook her head while Wonyoung eyed her. “I want her to learn appreciating me better rather than having me chasing her back again! Let our engagement became a lesson to her that I can’t wait for her forever!”

She was too serious and honest about her feelings that Wonyoung learned for the first time. She had known the older girl for a long time but never thought Chaewon could be this cold because she had been hurt.

“A-About that-” Wonyoung blinked her eyes and stuttered. “I-I accidentally spilled to Yujin that we had this relationship for nothing serious and it was all just a set up for a short period.”

Was Chaewon even surprised with this confession? No! She honestly saw it coming ever since Yujin insisted to take Wonyoung home with her while the latter was drunk.

“A-And Yujin might tell Minjoo on us too. She wanted her ex to choose wisely and do what could exactly make her happy!” Wonyoung added, recalling that time when she had an outing with Yujin and talking about Minjoo and Chaewon.

Chaewon stared into spaces and played with her food. She was thinking of that possibility and honestly had no idea of how to overcome this complicated situation that mainly related to her feelings.

“I believe Minjoo will do what her heart desires-” Chaewon bobbed her head although a part of her felt a little uncertain. “-and I shouldn’t be bothered about it!”

***

Eunbi’s house felt like she was having a party with the amount of guests and the lively atmosphere. They were making all sort of noises they could make and Chaewon thought she came at the wrong time, but turned out they were all there ready to hear and cheer her up.

Chaewon hugged her good friends, Goeun and Suyoon as soon as she stepped into the house. Haeyoon who was her mentor among seniors in her first year of school (who’s also a close friend of Eunbi) greeted her as well. Kaeun and Sakura, her respected seniors in the radio club in school back then waved their hands. Lastly the house’s owners Chaeyeon and Eunbi, her roommates in the old days dragged her to the table so she could eat first before they’d even start with the talk.

“YOU WHAT?!”

She declared about her relationship with Wonyoung being fake and had expected this reaction from her peers, hence Chaewon just sat silently like a guilty person waiting for a punishment. A powerful slap on her arm and several hits on her back from Eunbi however caused her to shake and want to flee. “You’re crazy, crazy little brat!”

Kwon Eunbi was her closest senior in school and they were already felt like real sisters since they were roommates for the longest time. Her outrage on the younger girl was actually understandable and even Chaeyeon, the former’s girlfriend couldn’t hold her back.

“That’s enough, Eunbi!” Kaeun said calmly, but she also couldn’t help herself and laughed at how Chaewon got tortured by the girl.

“What are you going to do about Minjoo?” Sakura asked, knowing well that Chaewon still had feelings for the certain gorgeous girl and that girl’s current relationship status happened to be single now.

Like it was on cue, Minjoo’s name appeared on her phone’s screen indicating incoming call. Chaewon, with the coldest heart she could have been just slided the red option to decline. Her actions triggered her peers to have their jaws dropped.

“Chaewon, that’s really cold of you!” Chaeyeon remarked, not knowing the girl had that trait in her. Eunbi shook her head and held her head in frustration while turning to her good friend. “Sian, please advice this kid a little!”

“You’re seriously giving the green light to a crackhead like Sian for an advice to an actual smarty-pants like Chaewon? I think you got the wrong person here!” Gyuri disapproved and shook her head, gaining herself a strong punch on her arm from Sian.

“Please guys, the last thing Chaewon needs is a lecture!” Haeyoon interfered with Kaeun nodded in agreement. “It’s okay Chaewon, I believe you need to take your time,” she said further, as expected from Chaewon’s favourite mentor.

“Minjoo had hurt you quite severely before, so your actions now are quite reasonable!” Goeun added as she patted Chaewon’s shoulder as a small gesture of being a supportive best friend.

Minjoo’s text came into her message inbox and Chaewon had apparently triggered the younger girl to become a little more possessive.

From: Kim Minjoo

Yah Kim Chaewon! Pick up your damn phone before I cause a riot and break a world war 3!!!

Chaewon had her eyes turned wide when she read that message. This kid really had the nerve to drop the honorific and being rude to her, she thought.


***I think you'll all lose your braincells in the next chapter xD I already had the chapter on my draft, only left to fix some errors and stuffs >.< I hope you all enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoy writing it because savage Chaewon is gold :P