C H A P T E R I

Teenage Tendencies

Dahyun was up alone on her bed, scrolling through her IG feed as she waited for the maids to call her for lunch. It hasn't even been a day yet she badly missed her older brother.

"Psh, if only he had let me come," she whispered to herself as she started to stand up and pace across her room, a habit she unconsciously does whenever she feels anxious.

A light knock breaks her out of her thoughts as a maid tells her that she has guests downstairs.

"Who could it be?" She wondered to herself as she checked the mirror to see if she didn't look as miserable as she feels. Putting on her fake smile, she began her walk down the stairs, hopping to steps at the time, eager to know who would visit her at a time like this. She didn't have that many friends for she was a shy young thing and the people who visit their house often look for Mingyu. It was a rarity to have someone check up on her on days like these.

Imagine her suprprise when she found her best friend, Minatozaki Sana,  sitting comfortably on her living room sofa. She gave out a soft huff, making the Japanese beauty look at her with surprise. 

"Dubu, you're here." 

Frowning at her nickname, she sat down beside Sana and quickly hugged a throw pillow. She stared at her best friend as if she had grown two more heads, eliciting a cute laugh out of her.

"I live here you dum dum," smacking Sana's arm while saying so. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your home taking selfies, aegyo queen?"

         Minatozaki was pouting at her friend, trying to make her feel bad for calling her               an aegyo queen, but Dahyun wasn't having it.

 

         "Can't I come visit my friend?"

 

         A pout was still on her lips as she waited for Dahyun's reaction. In reply, Dahyun             closed her eyes as she tapped the bridge of her nose a couple of times before               sighing loudly. She really wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody today, let alone               the ever so lively Minatozaki Sana.

 

         Dahyun peeked at Sana and she still had a pout on her face, but this time she               was getting closer to Dahyun, almost too close.

 

         "Yah! Stop it you—"

 

         "Dahyunnie you have a cute nose," Sana giggled as she tapped on Dahyun's                  nose, making the Tofu skinned girl blush in response. Instead of yelling, she                  quieted down and hoped that Sana would stop pestering her.

 

         "Sana-unnie, why are you really here?"

 

         Sana giggled at her as she leaned back on the couch, making Dahyun sigh in                  relief. 

 

"I'm here to ask you for a favor," Sana stated, earning an eyebrow raise from Dahyun.

"What kind of favor-" Dahyun had barely let the words out of when Sana excitedly replied. 

"Can you please join our group?"

Dahyun stared at Sana in confusion as she waited of the Japanese girl to continue her statement. When Sana was still staring at her hopefully, Dahyun voiced out her concern about the 'group' she mentioned.

"Oh," Sana giggled. She completely forgot to mention what group it was!

"Well me and a few friends want to try out in this competition, and it's a talent competition. I know you can rap and dance. Could you please join us?"

Before Dahyun can respond, a maid came in and told them that lunch was already served, earning a sigh from Sana.

"Well, that's my cue to leave." Standing up, she stretched a bit then smiled at the confused Tofu sitting awkwardly on the chair.

"Wait, you're leaving? Don't you wanna stay for lunch?" Sana shook her head and told her that a few of her other friends were outside waiting for her. With that, Dahyun had to let her go.

Dahyun accompanied Sana to the door but before she went out, she bid Dahyun fairwell and told her to think about her offer. Dahyun quietly nodded and told her to stay out of trouble, making her laugh with glee.

"Dubu, I don't need to look for trouble since trouble always seems to find me." 

And with that, she waved at her friend and quickly ran to a car parked near their gate, laughing as she got inside.

Who was she with? Why didn't she invite them inside? Why does she feel... left out?

"Ma'am, would you like to eat now?" The maid almost made Dahyun jump in surprise. She didn't notice that she was staring at the empty road for too long.

Smiling gently at the maid, she slowly nodded her head as she walked inside her house, still thinking about a certain Japanese beauty named Minatozaki Sana.