Over the Top

The Path That Leads to You

[A month later]

The next morning, Sanha was already at school with Dongwoo and noticed Miri was there before you guys as she was talking to Sungjong. Miri recognize Sanha's scent from a far that she looked over and waved at the 2 that was walking up to them and the group. "There you guys are!" Miri said as she smiled at them.

"Morning to you too Miri." Dongwoo chuckled. Sanha tiredly gave a nod as it was one of those days where she didn't get that much sleep due to her classes. She looked over and spotted L being his usual quiet self. Throughout the time Sanha was doing homework, her and L became texting buddies as it felt like their friendship feels like they talk more on the phone compared to in person.  When it comes to in person though, it was just back to square one where he doesn't really talk to anyone that much except maybe the pack. L glanced up and noticed Sanha staring at him, that it ends up becoming a stare off between you guys whenever you see each other.

Since a month has passed, the rest of the pack of Infinite have joined Sanha and the others at the cafe. It became the usual hangout place after school and usually it would be the same usual group of wolves walking Sanha back home. Throughout that month, Miri and Sungjong have became close and who could have known that Miri would be your best friend in the end. Dongwoo visit Sanha's place from time to time since he knows her parents and they were ok with him staying over for dinner and such. Yet, Sanha knew that her parents still have meet the rest of the pack. She hasn't really caught up with her dad since being a police officer, you're busy most of the time. While as for her mom, she's been keeping up with the school work since it's exam month. She knows who Dongwoo and Miri are since she sees them at school, sometimes she hears Sanha mentioning about Sungjong, that she possibly know who she is due to having classes with different students.

Since L was Sanha's texting buddy, whenever you come home from the cafe you and L would be talking to each other on the phone whenever you're doing homework. It came to the point where Sanha feels comfortable talking to L about anything, he was the same towards her as well. Even though it's different in person, they both still have that connection going on. At lunch, people are starting to notice Infinite hanging out with Sanha and Miri. Some of the tables don't care while as for others were jealous of Sanha and Miri. Most of the attention was coming towards the table full of girl werewolves who have been dying trying to get their attention. The first thing Miri would always remind Sanha was be careful around the girl wolves when it comes to hanging out with them, since she didn't want Sanha to make any enemies or let Sanha have a bad reputation around school. Yet, since she has been hanging out with her and the pack. Plus, she's close friends with Sungjong, she didn't care if the girl wolves were glaring at her or Sanha. She was just living that school life.

The girls arrived at their classroom and once Sanha stepped in, she felt the atmosphere feels different. Usually people would be doing their own thing and having their conversation. Yet, Sanha felt tension coming from the girls that were eyeing her and Miri as they were making their way over to their table. "Something doesn't seem right." Sanha muttered to Miri as she sat down in her chair and noticed the girls staring at the both of them. With her fairy powers, Sanha was trying to read through their auras and noticed jealousy/anger surrounding them. She knew the tense feeling coming from these girls wasn't going to go well. Miri exchange glances with Sanha as she understand what's going on with the girls.

After homeroom was finished, it was eventually lunch time. Sanha and Miri got up from their desk and was about to head over to the lunch room to meet up with Infinite, but they were both stopped by a group of girls. Miri could smell their dog scent revealing that they were werewolves just like Sanha. "Uh...can we help you?" Sanha raised a brow at the girl standing in front of her. Sanha eyed her up and down trying to get a look of her. She was pretty, and Sanha could tell she was popular with the girls and some guys.

"Yes, how do you guys know Woohyun oppa huh?" The girl asked in a harsh tone which made Miri wanting to hiss at her right away since she didn't like her attitude nor stand her dog smell. Sanha held Miri back before she has done anything reckless helping her calm down a bit.

Yet, Sanha remained her cool and answered, "He's friends with Dongwoo. Dongwoo's parents and my dad are good friends with each other. Is that all?" She folded her arms at the girl as she knew she was going to ask more questions.

"Yes, we want to sit with you and fang girl over here." The girl scoffed. Miri growled as her fangs popped out and she wanted to start a fight with her as she didn't like her at all. Once again Sanha held Miri back, trying to make her calm down.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We barely know you. Sorry." Sanha said as she pushed past her and linked arms with Miri as they made their way to the cafeteria. The other girl wolves didn't like how Sanha shoved the girl she was talking you that Sanha can hear chattering from behind asking if she was ok and if she wasn't hurt anywhere.

"Youngae unnie, gwenchana?" One of the girls asked in a worried tone. A bunch of girls surrounded Youngae making sure she was ok. Sanha didn't really care and looked over at Miri who has calmed down that her fangs disappeared.

"You good?" Sanha asked as she arrived at the cafeteria with Miri and both of them got their lunches.

"Nae," Miri said, "Thanks for that. Honestly hate those type of girls. You see what I mean though when you have to be careful hanging around with that pack."

"I get it, I get it." Sanha said as she didn't care about having some jealous girls on her tail. It was normal for girls who have been trying so hard to get someone's attention is that they are starting off the wrong way. "You just have to keep your calm when it comes with handling that type of situation." She mentioned to Miri, "I can tell right away that you straight up hate her."

"Her scent was just ugh!" Miri said in disgust as she doesn't even want Youngae near her at all. "Like the guys I eventually got used to and accustomed with, but this girl was just ew." She rolled her eyes and waited for Sanha to finish getting her lunch. Both of them made their way over to the table where Sungjong and the others was waiting for them.

"There you guys are." Sungjong said as he finally noticed you guys. Sanha and Miri set their lunches down and let out a sigh of annoyance. Sungjong noticed that there was something wrong he furrowed his brows at them. He looked over at Miri's distressed look then looks over at Sanha who seems the same. "What took you guys so long?" Sungjong asked as he noticed that Sanha and Miri were late.

"We just got caught up with some girls." Miri said, she stabbed her drink with her straw and start to take a sip.

Since not all the members were not there, Sungyeol arrived at the table with L, along with Dongwoo. L noticed something was off when he looked over at you and Miri. The other members start to notice as well as both Sanha and Miri were silently just eating their lunches. "Everything ok?" Sunggyu asked as he noticed the girl's off expressions.

"They arrived late today." Sungjong muffled as he had a bit of food in his mouth.

"Wae? Did something happened?" Woohyun asked curiously as he looked over at the girls.

"Just complicated girl stuff." Sanha said as she continued eating her food.

The guys exchange glances at each other as they didn't understand what was going on. As for L, he was concerned about Sanha and Miri silently eating their food til they were both done. Once they were done, they both got up and threw away their food. "Oh! Are you guys going to the cafe today?" Sungjong asked as he stopped Sanha and Miri from leaving the cafeteria.

"I think I'm good for the day." Sanha as she looked back at the pack, "I think I'm just going to head home once class is done." She looked over at Miri wondering what she was going to do but, she gave a nod to the others saying that she was going to do the same thing. The guys were even more confused as they walked away leaving the pack behind at their usual table. They didn't understand what was going on, just how you guys felt off.

"Something obviously happened." Sungyeol said.

"All I know before when you guys came was they arrived late and Miri mentioned that got caught up with a girl." Sungjong frowned.

"Bullying?" Sunggyu raised a brow at the pack.

"I don't know hyung." Sungjong sighed.

~*~*~*~

End of the day came by as Sanha and Miri have already packed their things and walked out at the front of the school, she waved by to Miri as Miri start to walk with her usual friends that she hasn't seen for awhile. Sanha noticed that Infinite wasn't here and assume they would be at the cafe, but you stopped as she noticed a familiar figure waiting for her. L stood there noticing Sanha was already out and awkwardly waved her. She tilted her head towards L as she walked up to him, "What are you doing here?" She furrowed her brows at him.

"Walking you home." L casually shrugged as he started walking on, leaving Sanha a bit shocked but, at the same time confused. She didn't know how to react or what to say. Instead, she just followed him. The both of them were walking and noticed L wasn't taking you home, Sanha noticed L was taking her to the usual woods where any wolf would go for a run. As they arrived, she looked at L as she wonder why did he took you here. L didn't say much except transformed into his wolf form. Sanha watched him transformed and noticed his wolf form was a black wolf staring at her. His fur almost matched his eyes which she was amazed by. She tilt her head as she didn't know what was going on except how L casually walked up to her wanting her to into her wolf form.

Sanha understood and did what he wanted and transform in front of him. She stood down on all fours and her eyes changed color. Once she was in her wolf form, she looked over at L and L started running making Sanha quickly follow him. She was confused what was going on, but at the same time she wanted to know where was L taking her. Since Sanha is faster than the other wolves, she slow down her speed so she doesn't go ahead of L. In the end, she came to a stop as she noticed L took her to a place with a nice view and where the moon would show. Even though it was not night time yet, she notice the sun setting and how the sunlight was still shining on both Sanha and L. L exchange glances with her as he let her walk around and take a feel with her new surroundings. For some reason, it was making Sanha feel relaxed that she ended up laying down on the grass. She looked back at L as he was watching her relax and hoping Sanha likes the new place he took you at. "Why you took me here?" Sanha asked L as she didn't expect it.

"Because you felt off." L said as he walked over and laid next to her. "What happened today that got you and Miri so stressed out?"

"Just some complicated girl stuff." Sanha lowered her head as she didn't want to tell L that her and Miri encountered some jealous wolves today all because they didn't like them hanging out with Infinite.

"What kind of girl stuff?" L suddenly asked as he knows there was more to the story.

"It's pretty stupid, and it's best to not to let you guys get involved." Sanha whimpered as she didn't want to go into details. L let out a sigh as he didn't care if he got involved or not, he just cared about Sanha's well being. Sanha noticed L staring hoping she would tell him now or eventually. She gave a concerned look that the more she stared into his eyes, she wanted to stop staring, but she couldn't. L continued to stare at Sanha and that was when Sanha felt her heart racing. She finally let out a loud sigh as she gave in and told L everything that happened.

L listened to Sanha as she vented out what her and Miri exprienced that he was annoyed and angry with those girls, but at the same time worried about Sanha and Miri's reputation with those girls. "Those girls shouldn't have been rude to you." L mentioned, "Plus you did mention how you were friends with Dongwoo. It's just a mutual meeting and we all became close."

"Do you think they understand that though after trying to get your attention for so long?" Her ears went down, "Miri was so close on wanting to attack Youngae, it would have made things out of hand."

"But you had it under control." L added in, which perked Sanha's head up since he's got a point. After the run, L finally took her back to her place. She stopped right at the door and turned over to look at him and gave him a kind smile.

"Thank you for today." Sanha said as she gave L a hug. L was surprised at first, but he casually hugged back since he was glad to help. She waved bye to L as she entered the house and noticed it was just her mom home.

"This is a first." Sanha's mom said as she noticed Sanha. Sanha was usually home a little bit later, but didn't expect her to come early. "Where have you been?"

"I didn't go to the cafe at all. I was gonna head home right when school ended, but L took me to the woods to go for a run." Sanha explained. Her mom gave a nod as she noticed her daughter felt a bit better compared to when she saw her in class feeling distressed along with Miri. She wanted to go up and say something, but she didn't since she knows it wasn't her business and lets her daughter tell her when she's ready.

"Just as long as you're better and ok dear. It's ok." Her mom said as she continued on doing her usual school work.

"Dad's at work?" Sanha asked as she noticed her dad wasn't around.

"Nae," She nodded, "he's doing night watch tonight. So he won't be home til late."

"Ok." Sanha said as she went up to her room and started to do homework and study for a test she has tomorrow.

After her talk with L, she felt better. It made her want to check up on Miri and see how she's doing. She got her phone and start to leave her a message:

To: Miri
From: Sanha
Hey, just want to check up and see if everything was ok?

Sanha set her phone down as she continue to study more and in a short amount of time, Miri replied. She picked up her phone and read the message Miri sent:

To: Sanha
From: Miri
Yeah, I'm fine. I kind of lashed out at Sungjong as he called me asking me what's going on. I do feel better after that vent though. :D

Sanha sighed in relief as she was glade to hear Miri was feeling better. It was also a good thing that Sungjong has checked up on her as well. Sanha left the message as it is and contue to study for her test.

~*~*~*~

After studying the whole night, she took it the next day and the weekend flew by fast. Today was the day where Sanha was hosting a movie night at her place. This was going to be the first time her parents would be meeting the rest of the pack besides Dongwoo. As she was setting up for movie night, her mom was helping out with the popcorn while as for her dad was tidying up the place a bit so it doesn't look messy when the guest arrived. "Oh this is so exciting!" Sanha's mom squealed with excitement as she was excited to meet her friends.

"Mom you're just going to say hi to them, then you're gonna go to your room and just do your usual thing." Sanha said as she didn't want her parents to barge in a lot today once the movie night starts.

"I know, I know...but your mom should at least know your friends at least." Her mom said as she put a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm just glad to see you this happy, and proud at how much you are growing."

"Thanks mom." Sanha casually rolled her eyes as she wasn't feeling the love and affection from her parents, either way she still loves her.

"Ok," Her dad interrupted the mother-daughter moment. "the place should be all set up now. Honey, please don't embarrassed her even when I'm at work." He raised a brow towards her mom as she was pouting at him. Sanha laughed as she wrapped her arms around her mom showing that dad was only joking around.

The doorbell rang which caught the attention of both Sanha's and her dad's. Both wolf ears perked up making her mom stared at the both of them and sighed. "I'll get it!" Both of them said as they raced for the door.

Sanha raced over to the door and managed to beat her dad as she placed her hand on the door knob before him. "Appa..." Sanha looked at him hoping she would answer the door on her own.

"Alright, alright." Her dad said as he let her be with the door. He walked over to his wife as she chuckled kissing him on the cheek. Sanha excitedly opened the door revealing to be Dongwoo who arrived first.

"Oh it just you." Sanha muttered as her excitement disappeared.

"Yah! What is that supposed to mean?!" Dongwoo said as he casually stepped in the house and took his shoes off right away.

"Is that Dongwoo?" Sanha's mom called out as she recognize Dongwoo's voice near by.

"Nae umma!" Sanha said as she glance over at Dongwoo making you guys walk over to the kitchen where both her parents were.

"Dongwoo, it's so good to see you." Sanha's mom said as she pulled Dongwoo in for a hug.

"Hello Ms. Cheon, Mr. Cheon." Dongwoo greeted formally as he politely bowed in front of Sanha's parents.

"Dongwoo, we have seen you enough in this house." Sanha's dad said, "It's ok to be friendly with us and you don't have to talk so formally."

"Mianhae, it's just a habit you know." Dongwoo widely grinned at both of the parents. Her parents exchanged glances at each other, but shrugged it off as they know how Dongwoo is. Sanha loudly let out a sigh and face palmed at the 3 as she was thought it would be someone new besides Dongwoo. She was so used to having Dongwoo invade her house from time to time that it feels like he lives at your house now. He was like Sanha's best friend, someone who she can talk to about anything, someone she knows first, but then again she has Miri for that or L. The doorbell rang once again which caught Sanha's attention as she walked over to the door leaving Dongwoo be talking to her parents.

As Sanha opened the door, it revealed to be Miri and Sungjong. "We're here!" Both of them shouted happily as she didn't expect both of them to arrived at the same time. She was a bit shocked from the loud entrance, but at the same time was glad to see her best friend and Sungjong being the life of the party.

"I didn't expect both of you guys to arrive at the same time since Sungjong lives closer to me." Sanha mentioned as she looked over at Sungjong confused.

"We went to the cafe together and then came here." Miri said as she got a bag which had some cake. While as for Sungjong, he was holding a bag full of drinks.

"We also got some drinks too from there." Sungjong mentioned. Even though there was some food prepared for the movies,  it doesn't hurt having some more food. Sanha happily grinned at the both of them as she was glad to have friends like them. She invited them inside right away and guided them to the kitchen where Dongwoo was still talking to her parents.

"Umma, Appa, this is Miri and Sungjong." Sanha introduced Miri and Sungjong to her parents.

"Hello it's nice to meet you!" Miri smiled as she gave a friendly handshake to both of her parents along with Sungjong. Sanha's mother was fond to finally talk to Miri as she always see her with her daughter in the back of class whenever she has a history lesson with them.

"It's so nice to finally talk to you Miri." Her mom smiled, "Along with you as well Sungjong." Sungjong kindly gave a nod while as for her dad was furrowing his brows towards Miri. Sanha's mom noticed how her dad was staring towards Miri and Sanha began to notice as well that she tilted her head.

"I have a question," Sanha's dad began to speak as he stared at Miri. Miri gulped a bit, but she wasn't showing that she was nervous and nodded as she was waiting for the question Sanha's dad was going to ask. "Most vampires hate the stench of werewolves, except for you. How is one best friends with my daughter and can handle her scent so well?"

"Appa!" Sanha said as she hid her face. She couldn't believed her dad asked that question. Miri let out a laugh as she widely smiled at her dad. "I can't believe you just asked that." Sanha groaned.

"It's ok Sanha." Miri said as she looked at Sanha then back over at her dad, "Well your daughter is a half werewolf. When I first met her, I already assumed she was a wolf, but also the fairy part of her doesn't make the werewolf stench that strong." She explained to her dad, "Compared to you, Sungjong, and Dongwoo though...you guys have a stronger 'dog' scent compare to her's. Eventually though after hanging out with her and the others, I just got used to the werewolf stench that it doesn't bother me that much. Well, most likely I'm more accustomed to their scent now."

Her dad nodded as he was impressed with her. "I like her." Her dad pointed out making Miri laugh and Sanha rolling her eyes.

Everyone else arrived and Sanha's parents met everyone including L. They didn't say much about L since he wasn't much of a talker, but both of her parents like the people she hung out with very much. After awhile, Sanha's dad had to finally leave to go to work while as for her mom went to the room as Sanha told her to. It was just Sanha and the others in the living room as the food was set up already. Sungyeol was already sitting on the couch taking control of the remote wondering what movie to watch. Sanha jumped on the couch and sat next to Sungyeol looking over if he decided on a movie yet. "Do you know what movie we're watching?" Sanha asked Sungyeol as she noticed him still scrolling.

"Not really." Sungyeol said, "What are you guys feeling?" He began to ask the group as he didn't know what movie to go for.

"I'm feeling horror." Hoya said as he was trying to think of an idea.

"Yah! I'm actually trying to get some sleep tonight." Miri scowled as she doesn't do horror movies that well even though she's a vampire. "Why not rom-com?" Miri suggested.

"That sounds too boring." Woohyun said in disgust, "Sanha what do you think?" All of a sudden, all eyes turned towards Sanha as she didn't expect the host of movie night would be making the movie choice even though she was the one who mostly set up everything for today and wanted the movie choice to be by audience's choice.

"Hm..." Sanha starts to think, "Why not action?"

"I think action can work." Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

"Action sounds fun and less boring." Woohyun agreed as well.

"Sure!" Miri shrugged along with Sungjong who agrees. Sanha then looks over at L, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Hoya as they haven't agreed with the movie yet.

"I really don't care." L casually shrugged.

"Same." Sungyeol joined in.

"Whatever is fine." Dongwoo nodded.

"Yeah sure." Hoya said.

"It's official!" Sanha said as she took the remote from Sungyeol, "Action movie it is!" Sanha began the movie as everyone gathered around and start to watch the movie.

Midway through the amount of movies the group watched, Sanha was sitting on the couch as she had a bowl of popcorn in her hands as she was continuously munching as the explosion triggered on the screen. She started to feel a bit uncomfortable on the couch that she noticed L was sitting right next to her. She looked over and casually laid her head on his shoulder and continue watching. L looked over and noticed Sanha laying on his shoulder that at first he thought it was cute, but at the same time he let it and continue watching the movie as well. The movie was over and it was getting a bit late. Sanha woke up and noticed the movie was done and didn't realize how late it was. By the 5th movie, she didn't expect to knock out on L's shoulder. She sat up and noticed everyone else was asleep which she didn't expect that.

Sanha looked over at the clock and it was marked 1 in the morning. We fell asleep for that long? Sanah thought to herself as she couldn't believe it. She noticed the blanket wrapped between her and L and glanced over seeing everyone else have a blanket as well. Sanha's parents must have came by and set up the blankets for her and the group and didn't say anything about them sleeping over. Sanha started to get sleepy as her eyes were becoming drowsy. She quietly yawned as she laid her head onto L's shoulder dozing off to sleep. L sleepily opened his eyes and noticed Sanha was awake for a bit then went back to sleep. He smiled as he noticed how cute you look when you're sleeping and lightly patted her head. He gently laid his head on top of her's and dozed off to sleep as well.