Your Story

The Path That Leads to You

~Sanha's POV~

Vampires...fairies...unicorns...werewolves, what if I tell you all of these myths that you know about...what if they are all real? People heard about these tales mostly from fairytale books or movies like "Twilight" (even though most of the time they exaggerate these creatures). All these myths you're hearing... they're real and you're personally hearing it from me. Personally for me, I'm a hybrid. There's barely a few people who are hybrids or even tribrids, I'm half werewolf and half fairy. My dad is a werewolf while he fell in love and met my mom who was a fairy. I mean its understandable if someone falls in love with a fairy, you can fall in love with them easily since they have the power to charm people, but fairies are more than that.

Their love story was complicated, but at the same time it was how I was born. I didn't start getting my werewolf transformation in til when I was 18. Eventually after that, my age stopped and now I just look forever 18. After my transformation came in, my parents knew it was time to send me to a school where there were others like me. I knew I was different from the other students as a kid, as a kid both my parents decided to raise me as a normal human being. Just to blend in and easily get the feel of what was it like to live in the human world, even if you're actually different from the inside.

Now, it's different though, after leaving some friends behind and moving to a school where all of these creatures exist, let just say I'm excited for this school year to start, but at the same time nervous. Oh well, might as well see how this goes.

~No One's POV~

"Sanha!!! Sanha-ah! Would you get up already!" The sound of Sanha's mother's voice loudly called out as your eyes shot open. Sanha felt the warmth of the sunlight shining on her as she lazily looked over at her clock and noticed that she still have a lot of time. She let out a sigh and muttered some words and flopping her head back onto her pillow as she wanted to sleep more.

Her door  bursted opened revealing her dad who had some coffee in his hand and at the same time peeking his head in the room. "Your mother has been calling you for awhile, would you get up already." Her father said as he sip a bit of his coffee. Sanha let out a groan as she knew it was too early for this. Her father gave a sigh as he walked up to her bed and sat there. "Oh come on, it's your first day back to school. Don't you want to see some familiar faces?" Her dad began Sanha's hair catching her attention as she turned over and looked up at him.

"More like a first day to a new school." Sanha groaned as she sat up on her bed, "My whole life you and mom have put me in a school where people are normal, now that we moved and my transformation came in, I'm going to a school where people are like me, not really different though." Her dad let out a chuckled and can tell how nervous Sanha gets when it comes to first impressions. He patted her head making Sanha calm down for a bit.

"Everything is going to be fine, besides who knows, you might have a class with your mom since she's also a teacher there as well." Sanha's dad grinned making Sanha rolled her eyes at him and threw a pillow at him making her dad catch it right away due to werewolf reflexes. It was already embarrassing enough that her mom was a teacher at the school.

"Would you 2 get down here already?! I don't want to feel left out!" Sanha's mother called out catching both of their attention. The more she called out, the louder her voice that it made their werewolf ears wince a bit. Sanha looked over at her dad as she noticed that he was used to the pain.

"We should go down there before your mom ruins your poor hearing." Sanha's dad mentioned as he got up and walked out of the room. She watched him walk out as she rolled her eyes and hopped out of bed. She shut the door from behind and began changing into her school uniform right away. As she was adding the last finishing touches to her uniform, she casually walked downstairs were her mom was already suited up for work and has made breakfast.

"There you are!" Sanha's mother called out to her, "Seriously how long does it take for you to get change."

"Oh come on, I wanted to look good." She pouted at her mom and sat down at the table and started munching on her breakfast. Her mom let out a sigh as she joined the table sitting next to her dad. Her dad glanced over and gave a quick peck to your mom on the cheek.

"Are you riding with me or are you going to be going with Dongwoo?" Sanha's mother asked as she raised a brow at her. Sanha frowned as she knew what the answer was going to be, Dongwoo was another werewolf who's parents are good friends with her dad. Not to mention, throughout Dongwoo's life he have been going to the same school where their were others like him and he didn't need to have the struggle of blending in with humans.

"I think I already know the answer to that." Sanha grinned at her mom, "Sorry umma I just don't want to be embarrassed on the first day where I feel like you're going to embarrassed me for being your daughter." Her mom gave out a sigh, but at the same time she nodded.

A knock came at the door perking Sanha's ears up as she quickly got up from the table and answered the door right away. As she opened the door, it revealed to be Dongwoo who was happily waving at her while entering the house. "Ready to go?" Dongwoo asked.

"Nae," Sanha nodded as she grabbed her bag right away and slung it over her shoulders. "I'm gonna go now!" She called out to her parents as she walked out of the house with Dongwoo.

"O-Oh!" Sanha's mother stuttered as she didn't expect her daughter to be leaving right away, "Alright see you at school-" Before she even had the chance to finish her sentence, she already heard the door shut that she sighed and rubbed her temples since she didn't know what to do with her. Sanha's dad chuckled as he place a hand on her shoulder and kindly looked at her.

"Give her a break, it's only her first day." Her dad mentioned to her mom. Sanha's mom didn't say anything but, looked back at him and lightly nodded with agreement.

~*~*~*~

As Sanha was walking to school with Dongwoo, it was an awkward yet silent walk. She have barely met Dongwoo recently as both of her parents decide to make the move and go to a place where other werewolves live in the same place. During the move though, her mom wanted to move in where some other fairies live, but her dad insist that since Sanha's transformation came in, it's better for her to find a group of other wolf friends so she don't feel left out. During the first day Sanha arrived in the neighborhood and had a welcome party, that's where she met Dongwoo. Dongwoo's parents and her dad were good friends with each other, and while she was sitting alone enjoying the time to herrself and just hearing random scattered conversations from the adults. That's when Dongwoo came in and kept her company, after that in the end they just became friends.

"So uh..." Dongwoo spoke as he broke the silence between the 2, "You excited for school?"

"Eh?" Sanha grinned at him. Dongwoo raised a brow at her expression and could tell that she's a bit nervous. Her grin faded away as she knew Dongwoo wasn't buying it and sighed. "Not really..." She muttered, "I mean going to a school where the people are the same as me, while at the same time my whole life as a kid I was growing up with just mortals. It's different."

"You'll be fine." Dongwoo said, "It takes time finding some friends." Eventually, both of them arrived at school and noticed how many students are at this school. Sanha has never seen this much students who were just like her that she was amazed to see vampires, fairies, werewolves, and many other mythical ctreature there is. She stood there as she lightly gulped feeling the nervousness kick in once again. Dongwoo looked over and noticed the nervous look on Sanha's face that he casually placed his hand on her shoulder for support. Sanha blinked as she felt Dongwoo's hand and looked over at him. "Everything is going to be fine." Dongwoo grinned, "Come on let's take you to your first class."

Dongwoo walked Sanha to her class revealing her homeroom. She noticed some students were just like her. She shyly stepped into the classroom and turned back at Dongwoo who was laying by the door watching as Sanha took a look around the class. "I'll see you at lunch ok?" Dongwoo said. Sanha silently nodded as she watched Dongwoo walked away heading over to his class. She wished that Dongwoo would be in the same class as her, so it's a bit easier to have someone she's familiar with. She took a look around and notice how most of the students have already found their group of friends since they probably knew each other for a long time. Then there's just her...the new girl at school.  Since Sanha didn't know where to sit, she decided to sit at the back of the class. 

"Excuse me," A voice interrupted her. Sanha blinked as she looked over to where the voice was coming from and noticed a girl giving off the same expression as she did when she entered the classroom awkwardly stared at her. "I was just wondering if this seat was taken."

"Huh?" Sanha said as she noticed the empty seat next to her. "Ah, it's not you can sit there." She said. The girl smiled as she nodded and casually sat next to Sanha and set her stuff down. "You new here?"

"Not really, most of the people I know have different classes." The girl said, "When I entered here, I don't really see much familiar faces so I knew I had to make a new friend somehow." Sanha nodded as she knew the exact feeling, but she was completely new to the school that the only person she knows was Dongwoo, even if he just lives near your house and knows your dad. Not to mention, you guys aren't even in the same class and he's a year older than you. "I'm Kang, Miri." Miri introduced herself as she stuck out her hand to Sanha. Sanha looked over and noticed Miri's hand and place her hand into her's. Sanha noticed the temperature change once she shook Miri's hand, she recognized how you felt warmer compared to her where she felt cold.

"Cheon, Sanha." Sanha introduced herself as she kindly shook her hand and let go. Miri rasied a brow as she noticed the temperature change and took a sniff recognizing the "dog" smell.

"You're a wolf aren't you?" Miri asked as she can tell from Sanha's temperature and scent.

"You can tell." Sanha awkwardly chuckled as she remembered what her mom would tell her about vampires having a strong scent, stronger than a wolf that they can smell when a wolf is near by.

"Coming from the dog smell yes." Miri giggled, "Though, most wolves I smell they have a really strong distinct dog smell which can irritate most vampires. Your's is not that bad."

Sanha blinked, but then she thought about it since she is half werewolf, "Probably because I'm a hybrid. I am a wolf, but I'm also half fairy."

"That explains it." Miri said, "Your scent is not that strong, which I can actually handle." She grinned at her making Sanha let out a laugh.

Suddenly the teacher walked in the room introducing themselves as the homeroom teacher. Throughout the day of classes, it was eventually lunch. Sanha was walking with Miri to the lunchroom and noticed most people were already in their groups. There was the vampire group, werewolves, fairies, witches, Sanha hesitated on where to sit since she was more than one. She grabbed her lunch and followed Miri, while as for Miri was looking around and spotted her other vampire friends waving at her. Miri debated if she was going to go there or leave Sanha behind, she glanced over at Sanha since she noticed that she was feeling lost and didn't know where to go or sit. So she decided to stay by her side instead. She nodded at her friends that she was going to sit with Sanha instead of joining the vampire table. "We can sit over here Sanha-sshi." Miri said as she spotted an empty table. Sanha followed Miri as she casually sat down at the table and place her food.

"I'm surprised you didn't join your vampire friends." Sanha mentioned to Miri, "I was ok sitting alone." She shyly looked down as she didn't mind if Miri spend some time with her friends.

"Don't worry about it." Miri chuckled, "Honestly, vampires are together most of the time just like how werewolves are. Plus, you're new to the school, might as well have that one buddy by your side right." She plopped some food in and drank the blood pack the school offered them. Sanha gave a nod as she grinned and start to eat her food. "So tell me about yourself." Miri said, "You're a hybrid. Which there are barely any hybrids here."

"My dad's a werewolf while my mom's a fairy. Their love story is complicated, but that's how I exist." Sanha gave a shrug. "I didn't think that school would be hard for me since most of these people are with their own kind."

"And then there's you who's one of a kind." Miri lightly teased making Sanha let out a laugh and nodded. She suddenly smelt a familiar scent coming near by and turned over revealing Dongwoo casually holding his tray and sitting next to you for a bit.

"I see you have made a new friend at this school. I told you things are not so bad." Dongwoo grinned. She rolled her eyes at Dongwoo and lightly punched him on the arm.

"Very funny." Sanha muttered as she looked over at Miri, "Miri this is Dongwoo, Dongwoo this is Miri."

"Nice to meet you." Dongwoo said as he stuck his hand out. Miri kindly shook his hand and gave him a smile but, didn't say much since Sanha can tell right away she was holding her breath in due to Dongwoo's wolf scent. 

"You too." Miri said.

"Anyways, I'll see you after school. I'm going to sit with my friends now." Dongwoo said as he got his food and got up from the table leaving Sanha and Miri alone once again. Miri let out a breath and breathe in some more as she recognize the dog scent was gone.

"You good?" Sanha raised a brow and looked over at Miri.

"Like I said, dog scent can irritate a vampire's scent." Miri said, "If only you can smell the difference between you and Dongwoo." Sanha grinned as both of them finished their food and headed back to their classroom waiting for the next lesson to start. As they make their way to the classroom, Miri looked over at you as she didn't expect that you would know a werewolf like Dongwoo. She gave you a curious look and decided to break the silence between you 2, "I didn't know you know someone like Dongwoo."

Sanha looked over at her and tilt her head, "His parents are good friends with my dad. Why you ask?"

"He's the most popular guy in the wolf pack. If you didn't notice he hangs out with Sunggyu and the others. They're like the main pack that any girl would fall for." Miri mentioned, "Well except for some vampires. Since we can only handle their scent for a good amount of time."

"Well I didn't know that." Sanha said since she barely knows anything about Dongwoo, "He lives near my house, so we would walk to school together."

"That makes sense." Miri nodded in agreement. "Just be careful hanging out with him though. Sometimes fairies, witches, or other wolves will try to catch their attention. Their like the kingkas of the school in wolf packs. Most the girls in the pack tried to get their attention but, failed. I just don't want you to be making enemies on your first day here."

"Thanks for the tip." Sanha said as she heard the school bell rung, the door opened up revealing her mom entering the classroom. Sanha's eyes grew as she was shocked that her mom would be one of her teachers. Sanha's mom took a glance around the classroom and noticed you in the back with Miri. She light heartedly gave a smile at her daughter as she start to get her stuff ready, "Good afternoon class. I'm Ms. Cheon your history teacher. Please get your books out and turn your page to 456." Sanha's mom said. Right away, Sanha and Miri got their books out along with the other class and start to follow along listening to her history lecture about mythical creatures.

~*~*~*~

It was already the end of the day, Sanha was packing her things while Miri already finished and ended up waiting for her. The 2 of you walked out of the classroom and headed to the front of the school where you spotted Dongwoo waiting for you along with 2 other people you haven't seen around. "It was nice meet you Sanha!" Miri said as she enjoyed her day, "Omo! Before you go can I see your phone."

"Sure?" Sanha said in a confused tone as she got out her phone and handed it over to Miri. Miri got a hold of it and started dialing her number and sent a message to herself so she has your number in the end.

"There!" Miri said as she handed your phone back to Sanha, "Now we can talk more often!" She happily smiled at her. Sanha smiled back and happily nodded, You grinned back as well and nodded. "See you around Sanha-ah!" Miri said as she happily walked over to her usual friends and began walking home.

Sanha walked over to Dongwoo and his friends and Dongwoo was watching the whole time as he was glad that Sanha have at least made a friend on the first day. "I see you have enjoyed your first day." Dongwoo said.

"I feel like it was my fairy charm that got her to like me." Sanha mentioned as she knows how easily popular fairies can get, but at the same time she didn't expect to make a friend right away on her first day.

"Anyways, Sanha this is Sungjong and L." Dongwoo introduced, "This is Sanha." He introduced the guys to Sanha.

"It's nice to meet you." Sungjong happily smiled as he shook hands with her. Sanha gave off a smile as she didn't expect Sungjong to be friendly, her smile suddenly stopped as she noticed the guy next to Sungjong which was L. She stared at L as he was quietly making eye contacts towards her and gave off a nod, usually people would shake your hand if you guys are meeting for the first time, but the first time she laid eyes on L. She felt something different towards him.