Wolf Instincts

The Path That Leads to You

The 4 of them were walking home throughout the time, Sungjong was having a conversation with Sanha while as for Dongwoo has having his normal talk with L. Sanha didn't expect that with Sungjong's friendly personality they would bond pretty well even though they've recently met. Sanha arrived at home as she waved bye to the 3 before entering her house revealing both of her parents in the kitchen.  Usually Sanha would assume her mom would have stayed after for teacher meetings, but she spotted her in the kitchen and didn't expect her to be home right after school. As for her dad, he probably didn't get called in from work since he works under the police force so it was a surprise to see him home early. "Hey how was your first day of school?" Sanha's dad asked as he noticed her arrival.

Sanha took off her shoes and slipped on her slippers as she walked through the kitchen greeting her dad with a hug, "It was fun actually."

Sanha's mom smiled at her as she remembered during class you were sitting next to Miri. "She made a friend already in class." Sanha's mom mentioned making Sanha smile back at her. "She seems like a sweet girl."

"She is really sweet." Sanha said, speaking of Miri... Sanha's phone vibrated right away that she got it out and noticed a text from Miri. "Anyways, I'm gonna go rest up in my room." Sanha said as she kissed both of her parents and happily went up to her room. Her parents exchanged glances at each other but, both laughed as they can tell that you'd enjoy your first day of school.

As Sanha arrived to her room, she flopped on her bed after having a long day from school and began reading the message that Miri sent her:

To: Sanha
From: Miri
Hey, you home already?

Sanha texted her back right away as she's usually a fast texter when it comes to others:

To: Miri
From: Sanha
Yeah, what's up?

To: Sanha
From: Miri
I noticed you were walking home with Sungjong and L. How was that?

To: Miri
From: Sanha
Honestly, it was fun! Sungjong was really friendly that I ended up having a good conversation with him! :) As for L though, he's different.

To: Sanha
From: Miri
Yeah, L is like that. He's not really much of a talker and he's just the mysterious type. Most of the girls at school like him besides Woohyun or Hoya. You haven't met them yet have you?

To: Miri
From: Sanha
Not yet, I only met Sungjong and L. Then there's Dongwoo.

Sanha noticed Miri stopped texting her for now. While waiting for her message, she set her phone down on the side and stared up at her ceiling, now that Miri mentioned about it. Sanha wasn't sure if she should mentioned about her feelings when she first say L, how L felt different to her the first time she looked at him. He was different comapred to Sungjong and Dongwoo, and at the same time it just feels like he's that mysterious type of person. Even with her fairies powers, she can't really read a person that easily compared to Miri, Dongwoo, or even Sungjong. There was just something about him that made Sanha feel unsure about him, or that there was something she feel about him. In the end, Sanha just left it alone and decided to go out for a run.

She hopped out of bed and walked downstairs noticing her dad wasn't in the kitchen and probably in the office doing some work, while as for her mom she was working in the kitchen. "Heading out?" Sanha's mom asked as she noticed Sanha were leaving.

"Just going out for a run." Sanha said as she walked past her and slipped on her shoes. "I'll be back." She opened the door and left the house while her mom was watching you leave. As soon as Sanha stepped out, she noticed the night felt nice, it was the perfect weather for a run. When she moved here, her dad mentioned about a place where she can transform into a wolf.  At least once a month, you should transform into a wolf or else your transformation can get out of control that you end up having the habit of a wolf instead of yourself where you can't take control of your own transformation. Sanha arrived at the woods her dad mentioned about and noticed a full moon is going to be coming up. Right away, she casually transformed into her wolf form where her white coat was shining underneath the moonlight.

Her eyes went from brown to midnight black and her ears and tail were perking up. She always felt relaxed whenever she's in her wolf form and began to explore the woods as Sanha began her run. The more she ran, the more free she felt as she was enjoying her daily exercise. While she was running, her attention suddenly stopped with some wolves that she sense close by. She looked over and noticed 2 brown wolves that look similar to each other, but can still tell a bit of the difference. She wasn't sure if it was ok to run past them normally or just find a different route. Instead, Sanha just stood there and awkwardly stared at the 2 wolves. The wolves looked bigger compared to her which means they were guys compare to girls. One of them noticed Sanha as they made eye contact with her. Sanha jumped but, at the same time she still stared at the wolf. The other wolf looked back and noticed your appearance as well. 

Both wolves walked up to Sanha as they were curious about her. Sanha was nervous, but she stood her ground. The 2 brown wolves walked around Sanha and taking a sniff at her trying to get a familiar scent. "She doesn't have a strong wolf scent." One of the wolves said making Sanha hear their conversation.

"She is a werewolf though." The other wolf said as he looked at her. "Have we seen you before?" The wolf asked as he sat in front of Sanha tilting his head curiously.

"I don't think so." Sanha nodded your head.

A random howl came in, catching the attention of the 2 wolves as they recognize that howl. Out came a silver gray wolf while at the same time revealed another brown wolf but had some black parts him him. For some reason, Sanha recognize the brown black wolf as she made eye contact with him. The wolf made eye contact with her as he recognize Sanha and her scent as well. "Sanha?" Dongwoo's voice came out from the wolf making Sanha surprise to see him around this time as well, "What are you doing here?"

"Going out for my run, til I spotted these 2 similar wolves." Sanha mentioned as she looked over at the 2 brown wolves.

"You know her?" The brown wolf asked as he looked over at Dongwoo.

"Her dad is friends with my parents, and she's new at school." Dongwoo mentioned, "This is Sungyeol and Woohyun." He pointed at the 2 brown wolves.

Sanha looked over at them as she noticed they look a bit similar, but noticed Sungyeol's fur was a little bit more reddish brown compared to Woohyun. "The gray wolf next to me is Sunggyu, he's the alpha of our pack." Dongwoo said as he pointed at Sunggyu. Sanha glimpsed over at Sunggyu as she noticed Sunggyu staring at her up and down as he have never seen her before. Sanha noticed him walking up to you trying to take sniff at her, but he looked at Sanha suspiciously as he noticed she doesn't have a strong werewolf smell compared to them.

"Your scent...it's interesting." Sunggyu said as he walked around Sanha trying to inspect her.

"Because I'm only half werewolf." Sanha mentioned to Sunggyu, "I'm actually a hybrid. Half wolf and fairy."

Sunggyu was surprised to meet a hybrid, they have never have much hybrids around school til she came along. "Interesting." Sunggyu said as he was a bit impressed. Sungyeol and Woohyun exchanged glances at each other as they were also impressed with what Sanha. "Anyways, we were going for a run as well if you want to come along." Sunggyu said inviting Sanha to come along.

"Sure." Sanha said, "Race you guys." She began to get a head start leaving the 4 behind. Sunggyu was surprised, but Woohyun barked happily as he start to follow Sanha along with Sungyeol who tagged along. Sunggyu looked over at Dongwoo as Dongwoo watches her run.

"Interesting friend you got there." Sunggyu said to Dongwoo as he start to catch up with Sanha and the others. Dongwoo was caught off guard from Sunggyu's comment but, ignored it as he followed along in the end.

~*~*~*~

The next day came, and Sanha was already walking with Dongwoo to school. After that run from last night, Sanha felt it gave her a chance to get closer with Dongwoo and get to know him more. When both of them arrived to school, Sungjong noticed them right away as he started waving at you and Dongwoo. Sanha waved at Sungjong but, at the same time tried to look around for Miri, but there was no sign of her yet. So instead she just walked over to the group with Dongwoo.  "Nice to see you again Sanha-sshi." Sungjong smiled happily as he pulled Sanha in for a hug.

"You too." Sanha smiled as she hugged Sungjong back. Sanha looked over and noticed the others and start to wave at them. Sunggyu waved back along with Sungyeol and Woohyun. Sanha noticed L didn't wave and he was just being his usual self as he was having the thought process of being in his own little world.

"And this is Hoya." Dongwoo said as he pointed at Hoya. "You didn't see him last night since he was doing his own thing." He mentioned. Sanha awkwardly wave at Hoya as Hoya let out his hand asking for a friendly handshake. Sanha suddenly felt a familiar scent nearby and looked over noticing Miri from behind as she casually placed her arms around her pulling Sanha in for a hug.

"Miri!" Sanha blinked as she thought she was going to casually walk up to you, but instead she used her vampire speed to get to you.

"Morning!" Miri giggled happily. She waved at Dongwoo, but she also took a glance at the other wolves staring at her. Miri took a sniff as she knew that she would smell wolves, but when they are in a pack, it's a bit worst for her but she tries not to show it all. Dongwoo waved back while as for Sunggyu and the others awkwardly sat there staring at Miri and Sanha. "Anyways, we should get going to class." Miri said as she dragged Sanha along.

"O-Oh," Sanha stuttered as she didn't expect her to get dragged right away. "I'll see you guys later." Sanha said as she waved at the others and followed Miri to class. Dongwoo waved as he looked back at the others as they were a bit awkward.

Once Sanha and Miri arrived to class, they decided to sit in their usual spot. "I texted you back last night, but you didn't reply." Miri mentioned, "What were you doing?"

"You did?" Sanha raised a brow at her as she got out her phone and checked the last message she sent. "Oh, after you stopped replying, I just went out for a run. So you wouldn't believe what happened last night while I was out for a run. I spotted Dongwoo and the others there."

Miri's eyes grew as she didn't expect that Sanha would meet the whole pack all in one day. "Well that was fast." Miri said as she was surprised with Sanha's progress.

"I know right!" Sanha said, "Like who could have known that I would meet them that fast."

"Remember though, you gotta be careful with being friends with them. You can catch the attention of many people Sanha. These girls have been dying and trying to get their attention." Miri frowned, "Like I said, I just don't want you to gain some enemies."

"Araso, araso." Sanha said. "I'm glad you're trying to be their for me as a friend, but I should be fine."

Eventually, lunch came and both the girls got their lunches and sat at the same table as last time eating some food. While they were doing their usual girl talk, Sungjong randomly joined the table as he set his food down. "Annyeong!" He happily waved at the girls.

"Hey Sungjong." Sanha said as she waved at him along with Miri who was giving him an awkward wave.

"Mind if I sit with you guys for the day?" Sungjong asked as he looked over at Sanha and Miri.

"I don't mind." Sanha casually shrugged, but looked over at Miri if she was going to be ok with it because her sensitive sense to wolves. Miri nodded as she doesn't mind Sungjong sitting with them.

Sungjong smiled as start to eat his food while having a conversation with the both of them, "I don't think we have met before. Hello! I'm Sungjong!" Sungjong said as he stuck his hand out towards Miri.

"Miri." Miri said as she shook hands with Sungjong. Right away, despite the werewolves smell that Miri was bothered by, she ignored it in the end as she was enjoying her conversation with Sungjong. The 3 of them were having the conversation of their life that the other tables start to noticed the 3 of you. Sunggyu looked over and noticed Sungjong hanging out with Sanha and Miri, while as for Dongwoo noticed as well and watched them throughout lunch.

"Looks like Sungjong is having fun." Sungyeol said as he was eating his meal next to L.

"You know how Sungjong is." Sunggyu said, "The guy is always friendly with new people."

"This Sanha girl though," Hoya said as he looked over at Dongwoo who knows most about her. "she's a hybrid?"

"Yeah," Dongwoo nodded, "She's a werewolf and a fairy. Her mom is also a teacher at this school."

"She's an interesting wolf." Sunggyu mentioned as he remembered her wolf form from that night. When he was running with Dongwoo, he was looking for Woohyun and Sungyeol and got track of their scent that he decided to go check up on them. That's where he suddenly met her. He has never seen a white wolf before til he had met Sanha, and even though Sanha doesn't camouflage that well in the night, her speed was faster than the other wolves as she beat them in the race. Sunggyu remembered that he was having fun that night. Dongwoo tilted his head as he noticed for once Sunggyu was spacing out, that he snapped his fingers in front of him snapping him back into reality.

"You were spacing out." Dongwoo mentioned, "Don't tell me you fancied Sanha already." He lightly teased which sort of caught L's attention.

"W-What?" Sunggyu blinked, "Not really. She's just interesting."

"Sure..." Woohyun joined in on the teasing, "I saw the way you stared at her last night." He snickered as Dongwoo grinned along with the other members except for L and Hoya who weren't there last night.

"Very funny guys." Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the pack as he got up and left the table casually throwing his food away and leaving the pack behind.

"See what you guys did." Hoya exchange glances with the other members.

"Hey, we were just messing around." Woohyun casually shrugged.

Lunch came to an end and the 3 walked back to class. Since Sungjong wasn't in the same class, he decided to be the gentleman and walk them back to their classroom. As they arrived back, they sat at their usual desk. Sanha looked over at Miri and noticed that she seems happier compared to yesterday.  "You ok there?" Sanha asked Miri as she noticed her blinking and turning her attention towards her.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect Sungjong to be such a cool person." Miri chuckled making Sanha roll her eyes. The 3 decided to go to a cafe nearby after school and hang out there. Sungjong is going to ask Dongwoo if he wants to tag along since usually Dongwoo is in charge of walking Sanha home since her dad at least want her home safe.

History lesson was about to begin once again as Sanha's mom walked in the class and began the lesson right away. At the end of the lesson, all of you guys returned the worksheet in to Sanha's mom and some of the students began packing since it was the end of the day. Sanha walked up to her mom as she handed her paper over and smiled at her, Sanha's mom accepted the worksheet right away and can read through her fairy powers that she have something on your mind that she rose a brow at her. "What's on your mind?" She casually asked as she looked at Sanha.

"I was just going to tell you I'm going to be home later since I'm going to a cafe nearby school with Miri, Sungjong, and Dongwoo." Sanha mentioned to her mom. Her mom chuckled as she was glad that she was making friends right away and that her father would have been proud of her either way.

"Do you need any money?" Sanha's mom asked as she was willing to give Sanha some extra money to get some food.

"Ani, it's fine." Sanha mentioned, "I still got the money that dad gave me last week. Just wanted to let you know so that you can tell dad so he doesn't go crazy." Her mom rolled your eyes but, gave a nod as she gathered all her papers and grabbed her stuffed and casually walked out. Sanha nodded as she walked back to your seat and start packing up her things. Miri noticed talking to her mom for awhile that she decided to say something about it, "Hey, do you know the history teacher?" Miri raised a brow at Sanha as she was curious.

"Nae," Sanha casually nodded. "She's my mom." She grinned as she noticed how quickly Miri's expression has changed.

"Well I didn't expect that." Miri said as she began packing her stuff. After they finished packing, they met up with Sungjong and Dongwoo at the front of the school. When they arrived, Sanha noticed that L was also with them.

"Sanha! Miri!" Sungjong happily waved at them.

"Annyeong!" Miri said as she hi-fived Sungjong and waved at Dongwoo.

"Ready to go?" Dongwoo asked as he looked at them.

"Yeah." Both of them nodded as they began walking. While walking, Sanha end up looking at L as she noticed he was tagging along as well. Either way, he was quiet as everyone was walking to the cafe. As the usual, he was quiet and just silently walking with you guys. Miri was having a serious conversation with Sungjong between coffee or tea would be better. Miri was more of a coffee person while Sungjong was more of a tea person. He tried to attempt to drag Sanha and Dongwoo in it, but they decided not to fall for it and not join in. Dongwoo was doing his own thing as he was listening to music while walking, which leaves Sanha dealing with a silent L.

"You don't really talk that much huh?" Sanha broke the silence between her and L. L glanced over and spotted Sanha trying to start a conversation, he didn't say much and continue walking by her side. Great nice try on that. Sanha thought to herself as she tried, but failed.

~*~*~*~

The group arrived at the small cafe that was close by the school. They end up finding a table that was made for the 5 of them and sat down. As Sanha was looking through the menu, she wasn't sure what she was craving for. Right away, the waitor came by and everyone knew what to get except for Sanha who made an unsure look at the waiter. "What do you suggest here?" L's voice suddenly broke out catching Sanha's attention as he have already ordered but, he noticed that she didn't order yet.

"Well for drinks, on a hot day we make some good milkshakes, while as for food our matcha cake slice is our most popular one." The waiter mentioned.

"I think I will take those." Sanha mentioned to the waiter. "Surprise me with the flavor milkshake." She gave a smile towards the waiter as the waiter casually nodded and took the menu from everyone and left to get started on the orders. Sanha looked over at L who went back to doing his own thing and gave a small smile, she smiled back at him as she was thankful for what he did.

Eventually, the orders came in for the group that everyone started digging right away. Sanha stared at the mysterious milkshake that the waiter set on the table for you. She casually took a sip and start to thiknk about the flavor, "Hm..."

"What flavor is it?" Dongwoo asked as he looked over.

"Taste like vanilla strawberries." Sanha said, "You guys want to try?"

Miri shrugged as she took a sip and actually enjoyed the flavor together. "I actually like the flavor." Miri said as her eyes grew in amazement. Sanha giggled, as she noticed Sungjong then Dongwoo taking a sip as well.

"That's pretty good." Sungjong nodded in agreement.

"They weren't kidding about making a good milkshake." Dongwoo widely grinned at her.

Lastly, Sanha set her milkshake in front of L wondering if he was going to try it or not. He silently stared at her then at the milkshake, then back to her once again. He silently took a sip which surprised Dongwoo and Sungjong as they watched L took a sip of Sanha's milkshake. As he tasted it, he looked over at Sanha and gave a nod which made Sanha smile a little. "How is it hyung?" Sungjong asked.

"Pretty good." L said.

Sanha then took a bite out of her matcha cake which was delicious as well and everyone continued on eating just having their own conversation. Overall throughout the time at the cafe, everyone was just having the time of their life and having fun til the day was over and they had to go home. The group exited the cafe, and since Miri lives on the opposite direction she was the first one to say goodbye. "See you guys tomorrow!" Miri called out happily as she waved at the group before walking home. As for the rest, Sanha manage to arrive home safely. She noticed her dad wasn't home but, also her mom wasn't home either. Which was weird, but she assumed they probably went out on a date trying to spend some time together.

Sanha went up to her room right away and flopped on her bed as usual. She start to think about her day and how fun it was spending time with some friends after school. During that time at the cafe, she managed to get Dongwoo's, Sungjong's, and L's number. Miri was the same as well as she didn't expect that she would have more friends this year because of Sanha. After taking a rest on her bed, she remembered she got homework to do. She got up right away and went over to her desk finishing up the last bit of homework til it was bed time. Out of nowhere, her phone started to beep in the middle of her doing homework. Sanha glanced over assuming it was Miri messaging her, but instead it was L:

To: Sanha
From: L
Hey, sorry if I didn't talk much, but just wanted to say had a fun time!

Sanha raised a brow as you were shocked that he started to talk to her, usually coming from him she knew how quiet he was. At the same time, his text made her smile:

To: L
From: Sanha
It's fine. Thanks for helping me out what to order! :) See you at school!