Chapter 6

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas is just around the corner. I already asked for two days leave even before I started to work here. They started to decorate this market by putting a Christmas tree that aroung 2 meter high beside the counter, which is near the entrance. I could felt the Christmas feel right now and it make me excited as it was the day before Christmas eve.

 

My body felt so light as I think about how I’m going to celebrate it with my family and friends.

 

When the night approach, we started to close the counter one bye one. Mornica had a morning shift for today and automatically it will be Alice (asst cc) and Joochan who going to close it. Joochan came to my counter without saying any words and started to count the money. He speaks so fast that I barely catch what he been saying. He started to print the last report before I even had a chance to said that I have an error today and he need to reprint the receipt.

 

“What are you waiting for? Quickly put your sales money in the bag” He said as he pointed at the money. I just realize that I’m been stop on my track as I trying to figure out the amount that he said just awhile ago. I actually didn’t dare to ask him to repeat it as we all know how short tempered he is. “Stop daydreaming about your boyfriend”.

 

 

Since when that I had a boyfriend? Last time I checked I been single for 18 years. “Boyfriend? I’m not thinking about my boyfriend, I don’t even have one to begin with, I just couldn’t catch the amount that you said awhile ago and it make me blur.” I said as I do as what he told me to. “It’s 20 not 40, there’s no need to deny it, I know you have one, I even saw you two”. He said while writing down the report. “What are you talking about?” I suddenly remembered the day when my brother sent me to work since they need to use the motorbike after that, I do notice that Joochan was there since he arrived almost at the same time with me and he must be mistook my brother as my boyfriend.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter