Chapter 3

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was my second day, Marry started to teach my how to scan and key in the amount of money that customer gave. She even let me do it by myself as she standing by my side and help me to pack things. I makes some of the mistakes and it make me realize that she didn't really have a nice temper. I laugh awkwardly as I getting scold by her.

Time passed and it almost closing time and there's time where the market doesn't have so many customer, I was standing and leaning on the counter with Marry as she started this conversation. " Look at that guy over there, don't you think he's good looking? " I look where her finger pointed at and shook my head almost right away without thinking. She had a slightly shocked expression and a tint of anger which almost invisible.

"Really? you don't find him attractive? " I look at the tall guy again and answer carefully as she doesn't seem statisfied with my opinion. " No, but maybe it just me, since he really not my type, well I don't really know about other people." The guy that we're talking about have a fair skin and also a big pair of eyes. He give off an innocent aura and he look kinda young for people his age. 

"Well, maybe you just have a weird taste because for me that guy over there is hot." She said as she somehow look proud. "Maybe it also a good thing as you won't have any interest on him because he's mine." She said half joking half serious.

It kinda doesn't make sense since that guy over there seems like someone in his mid twenty while Marry is 38 years old and the fact that she already married makes me assume that maybe she just a fan of him. This market will be closed at 10 and Mornica, chief cashier, started to close the counter one by one when the clock hit 9:45.

 

I was at counter 6 which is the last counter form the back and also the first counter she going to close. She ask me to put "counter closed" sign and wait for us to process the last row of customer . While waiting for us to finished, Mornica started to talk about a guy who when to counter 7 which is opposite with counter 6, and ready to close the counter just like Mornica.

That guy is him, my sister 'boyfriend' and I found out that his name is Hong Joochan, as I heard people shouted his name. I realized that I only saw him today after two days working at here. "Look at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter