Four

Chocolate Chips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

group chat of the heroes

members: BamBam, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, Jaebum

 

Jinyoung: Guys, Friday night is fun night! So it's Mark Tuan movie marathon tonight! My place! \ (•◡•) /

 

BamBam: I'm innnnnn!

 

Yugyeom: Me too! (^◇^)

 

Jinyoung: Jaebum?

 

Jaebum: Why am I involved?

 

Jinyoung: Because you're our friend. You have to come, too!!!!

 

Jaebum: oh....

 

Jaebum: okay

 

BamBam: I told y'all, he loves us so much! (¬‿  ¬)

 

Jaebum: sigh

 

Yugyeom: In Jaebum's case, no objection is like an I LOVE Y'ALL TOO! (◕‿  ◕ ✿)

 

Jaebum: double sigh

 

BamBam: means DOUBLE I LOVE Y'ALL TOO! (●^o^●)

 

Jaebum: Scratch that, I won't come!

 

Jinyoung: No, you have to! If you won't come we're incomplete!!! ( ̄□ ̄;)

 

Jaebum: ...fine

 

BamBam: He's so soft for Mary-Kate! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

 

Yugyeom: sister love ♥ ♥

 

Jaebum: …..

 

BamBam: Jinyoung! Ask Mark to come, too!

 

Jinyoung: Uhm...that...I don't know. And I don't have his number. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

 

Yugyeom: Whyyyyy not? You're practically married and you don't have his number? WHaT is THIs mESS????? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

Jinyoung: It never really came up, so....

 

BamBam: Jaebum, ask your boyfriend for Mark's number!

 

Jaebum: Are you nuts? I can't randomly ask him for his famous friend's number! I want to keep that relationship going.

 

Jaebum: Besides, how interested would Mark Tuan be in a Mark Tuan movie marathon anyway?

 

BamBam: Maybe not so much. But I'm sure he would be interested in cuddling up with Jinyoung A LOTTTTT! (¬‿  ¬)

 

Yugyeom: After all he felt him up pretty good already! (¬‿  ¬)

 

Jinyoung: OMG STOP (°ロ°)

 

BamBam: Just sayin (¬‿  ¬)

 

Yugyeom: Facts only (¬‿  ¬)

 

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

 

Saturday, early afternoon, and Mark feels very tired but also very restless. He paces across his apartment to fix the last details when he already hears the doorbell ringing. He sprints to open as quickly as possible. Mark presses the button to let the visitor in, down at the main entrance, and after a couple more minutes of waiting he lays eyes on Jinyoung. The other climbs up the last couple of steps. A bright and beautiful smile spreads across his face when he spots Mark in the door frame.

 

“Hi,” he gasps out, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Hello, did you find the place okay?”

 

“Yes, your description was accurate. And here's a little present for the host.” Jinyoung shoves a small package into Mark's hands. “Don't look so surprised. And don't expect much, it's only chocolate. I know, it's lame. But it's a different kind for a change.”

 

Mark is already amazed. He thinks it is very thoughtful of Jinyoung to bring a gift. “It's not lame. Thank you.”

 

“You're welcome,” the intern says while he enters the apartment. Mark walks behind him. Jinyoung looks amazing today. In Mark's opinion he looks always good of course but today it's even outstandingly good. His skinny jeans are so tight, Mark has a hard time to tear his eyes away from the inviting curve of the other's as he walks behind him. Furthermore he wears a pink, soft looking hoodie. He looks very huggable.

 

Jinyoung silently looks around, taking in the bright and spacious living room. Then he spots Mark's giant bookcase which is filled up with all kinds of manga series. With a loud “Woooooooow” he's charging towards it and lets his eyes slide over the various volumes.

 

“This is amazing. Mark, this is heaven. I can't believe this,” Jinyoung exclaims in awe.

 

Mark chuckles and steps beside his visitor, in front of the huge collection. “You know, mainly people react the complete other way around when they see my place for the first time. They are gushing about the size and the luxury of the apartment but when they see my manga collection, they get all flustered and are like 'Uuuhh...isn't that a little weird?' And with you it is the entire opposite.” He turns his head to make sure Jinyoung catches his smile.

 

“What should I say, I'm different,” Jinyoung says with a small shrug.

 

“In a good way,” Mark manages to say before a yawn escapes his lips.

 

“I already thought that you look tired. Are you alright?” he asks with a hint of worry in his voice.

 

“You're right, I am really tired. My friend and I went clubbing yesterday.”

 

“I thought, you said you're not the type for that?” Jinyoung wonders.

 

“True, and that's the reason why it was sheer horror for me last night. The music was so loud that a normal conversation wasn't possible. So I got yelled at by people the whole night. It was so dark that I barely could see their faces. People did randomly grind me, I WASN'T EVEN DANCING, JINYOUNG, AND THEY RUBBED THEMSELVES ON ME.”
 

Jinyoung erupts into a fit of cute giggles at Mark's dramatic statement.

 

“And I found tons of phone numbers in my pockets, god knows how they ended up there, from people I have no idea who they are. Everyone tried to take selfies with me, they didn't even ask. Damn rude! But it seemed impossible anyway because of this tomb-like lighting in there. At one point I was merely on my way to the rest room when someone pulled me into a corner and on my neck. JUST LIKE THAT, STARTED TO ON MY FREAKING NECK, JINYOUNG! The corner was so dark I couldn't even see, if it was a girl, a guy or a human at all. Could have been a damn vampire for all I know. Honestly, this place was a ing hellhole!”

 

“A hellhole, also called club. Usually people consider these kind of things to be fun,” Jinyoung says while he still tries to catch his breath from laughing so much.

 

“I can't relate. Do you consider this fun?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then I am glad you're another unusual person, just like me,” the actor concludes with a smirk. ”My most frequent thought this night was 'What am I doing here?' just followed by my second most frequent thought 'I wanna go home!'. But initially I thought that I want to go to Mangamoon but I knew there would be nobody there, you wouldn't be there, so there was no use. Eventually I changed it to 'I wanna go home!'.” Mark finishes his statement with a little shrug. He notices how Jinyoung is blinking at him. He looks astounded, his star-filled eyes as wide as the universe.

 

Mark considers for a moment, if he did say something wrong. But the other boy doesn't seem offended so he shrugs it off.

 

“Jinyoung, I have a surprise for you.” Mark pulls a manga out of his backpack and presents it to the other. “The new volume of 'From dots to dots'.”

 

“What? How did you get that? The release date is only next week,” Jinyoung exclaims.

 

“Jen gave it to me early. The perk of being the company owner's brother,” he says with a cheeky grin. “I already read it so feel free.”

 

“What, now?”

 

“Why not? Would you mind if I'd take a quick nap in the meantime?”

 

“No but...wouldn't it be better for me to leave?”

 

“NO! No, don't leave! I want you to stay. I was looking forward to your visit and I'm so sorry I'm such a zombie today. But please stay. I will feel better after a short nap.”

 

“Okay, if you say so?” Jinyoung agrees shyly.

 

“Would you mind reading it out loud?”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“I think it would be nice hearing you read while dozing off. You have such a nice speaking voice.”

 

“Oh..uhm..really? No, I wouldn't mind.” Jinyoung's sheepish behavior is one of the most adorable things Mark has ever witnessed. It was just a silly thought which flashed through his mind but now he's glad that he had the guts to actually propose the idea to Jinyoung.

 

“Okay, great.”

 

Mark steers Jinyoung to the extra broad sofa and lies down, pulling the other down next to him just a second later. Jinyoung seems too perplexed to react. Mark snakes his arm around Jinyoung's shoulder and places the boy's head on his chest. Jinyoung shyly glances up. But when Mark looks down to meet his eyes, he quickly fixes his gaze on the book in his hands.

 

“Are you comfortable, Jinyoung?” Mark asks, softly smiling down at him.

 

“Y-Yeah.”

 

“Good, me too. Start when you're ready.” He lays his head down and closes his eyes.

 

And Jinyoung starts reading. At first his voice seems a bit unsettled, words coming out unusual clumsy. But soon he manages to steady himself and the words are falling from his lips like rich drops of honey.

 

Mark quickly feels the drowsiness defeating him. His body is nicely aware of Jinyoung's warmth and his mind is in a blissful, fuzzy place. A part of him wishes to not glide into sleep so quickly, he wants to enjoy his current state for longer. But he soon has to give up, admitting that he's just too tired.

 

When he wakes from his nap he feels rested and content. The warmth against him is still there but the voice isn't audible anymore. He slowly opens his eyes and lifts his head carefully to look down. Mark finds Jinyoung sleeping. He's laying on his side, head still on his chest and his body fully snuggled against Mark's.

 

Mark pulls away a little to get a better look at the face of the dormant boy. The actor is amazed but also happy. Jinyoung looks gorgeous while sleeping. He looks gorgeous awake as well. But this is a whole new level. The peace which his unmoving figure radiates has such a calming effect on Mark. He can't tear his gaze away from the still face. Eventually his eyes land on the slight pout which Jinyoung's lips are forming. It's so cute, Mark wants to scream.

 

He slowly raises his free arm and stretches out his index finger. He gently pokes the other's bottom lip. It's warm and soft and probably sweet. He tries again, now swiping his finger gently over the pout to feel the softness more intensively. It's a thrilling feeling, it completely contrasts with the calmness of the situation. He detaches his finger again and tentatively on it. To his surprise it really is sweet, the faint taste of chocolate is playing on his tongue. He wants to try that again. But when he touches Jinyoung's upper lip now, the other boy stirs in his sleep. Mark pulls his hand away just before the pretty, sparkling eyes open again.

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

“JACKSON, I THINK I WAS A FOOL,” Mark yells into his phone when he calls his best friend in the evening.

 

“Finally we can agree on something. But please tell me, what exactly are you referring to?” The cheeky answer doesn't offend Mark. He's way too immersed in his feelings.

 

“Jinyoung, he's amazing.”

 

“Okay, wait. What is going on here? Went your date THAT well?”

 

“Jackson, I just realized it today.”

 

“You didn't snap at me for calling it a date. Mark, what the heck? Do you admit that you like him?”

 

“I touched his lips!”

 

“Excuse me, you did WHAT?”

 

“Don't worry, it was while he was asleep.”

 

“YOU DID WHAAAAAT?????”

 

“What? I don't think he noticed...most probably,” Mark mumbles, feeling a little guilty.

 

“WHAT THE HECK?” Jackson shouts through the line. “Are you out of your mind? This is ual harassment AGAIN, Mark Tuan!”

 

“What? I told you, he was asleep.”

 

“THAT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE!”

 

“Oh....”

 

“I really don't get you anymore,” the stylist sighs exasperated. “But lets go back to the beginning. You have feelings for Jinyoung, don't you?”

 

“I...don't know?”

 

“Mark, you almost confessed it just a minute ago,” Jackson grumbles.

 

“Yes, maybe...no, I think yes, I have. But there's also Jiwon, my Cinderella. And I have feelings for her, too. How is that possible? I can't have feelings for both. But still...Jinyoung is......my Cinderello.”

 

“That's super cheesy but kind of cute and I completely let it slide because I am so happy that you finally realized that you have at least some kind of romantic intentions towards him. So who do you like more? Jinyoung or Jiwon?”

 

“If I could say that, I wouldn't have the problem I'm currently battling with, idiot!”

 

“Alright, Jiwon is Disney and Jinyoung is manga. Who do you like more?”

 

“That's so unfair, you know I love manga.”

 

“Did you just say you love Jinyoung?” Mark can see the mental image of his friend's cheeky grin in front of him.

 

“Not helpful, Jackson.”

 

“But honestly now, you love manga so much but where does this obsession with this Disney-like meeting with Jiwon come from? Just get the over it and embrace what, or better who you love!”

 

“Too much pressure....not helpful AGAIN!”

 

“Then let me be helpful. Jinyoung is nice plus you already know that his feels great plus he's talking. Choose him!”

 

Mark heaves a deep sigh before he slowly starts to speak. “But Jiwon says alone with her cute facial expressions more than 1000 words. But Jinyoung says 1000 words per minute and every single one of them is precious and witty. And his velvety voice is so thrilling. He's so funny, too. I swear, I have such a good time talking with him. It's like he understands my thoughts and feelings just from looking at me and.......”

 

“And?”

 

“....”

 

“Mark? You're still there?”

 

“....”

 

“Mark?”

 

“And oh my god....I am in love with Jinyoung!”

 

“ing finally!” Jackson breaths out in relief. He starts to happily slap his hand to his arm to create a clapping sound while his other hand holds the phone. “I am so proud of you, my little bunny.”

 

“I can't believe this....I AM IN LOVE WITH A GUY!”

 

“Hey, you won't get all unsure and scared now, right?” the stylist questions carefully. “I mean, it happens to people in these situations but not to you, right?”

 

“What the heck are you even talking about?”

 

“About you sounding like having the twentieth meltdown within 10 minutes and this time it's about being in love with a guy and I don't want you to suddenly turn all homophobic.”

 

“Are you nuts? I am freaking out because I have feelings for a guy whose I already d experimentally and who probably thinks I am a strange ert-weirdo!”

 

“He wouldn't visit a strange ert-weirdo's home though. I'm pretty sure of that. Don't worry too much. Things like that happen.”

 

“Who the hell happen things like that to? I don't know anybody.”

 

“See how unique you are? You lucky bastard,” Jackson cheers.

 

“You're not making any sense. Are you even trying to help me?”

 

“Well, I'm trying to cheer you up.”

 

“Try some more then.”

 

“Ugh...so demanding! Okay, listen! From all the things you told me, it looks like he could like you, too.”

 

“You think so?” Mark asks feebly.

 

“I sincerely do.”

 

“Thank you, Jackson. That did help a little actually.”

 

“Good! And tomorrow we will make a plan how you win him over.”

 

“Alright..........I think I really want to kiss him.”

 

“Calm down, okay? This is something you shouldn't just do without any explanation. I'm afraid your highly spontaneous physical acts will really scare him off some day. So keep yourself in check for now, yes?”

 

“I try.”

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

Jinyoung is a little tired. He had to get out of bed way too early this morning to go to the studio and let Jaebum once again work his magic on his appearance. After all, the commercial shooting for the energy drink is scheduled for today. And hopefully this would be marking the end of his and his sister’s work relationship.

 

But nothing could really shake him up today. Not after yesterday. The time he spent at Mark’s apartment together with the actor still feels like a dream. Every time he thinks about how close they were, how the other’s touches and body warmth felt on him or how cute the actor looked when he yawned, his heart goes into overdrive all over again. He feels silly and giggly but in the best way ever.

 

So he started the day with the best mood possible, chatted happily with his three friends and let them in on the latest events. When Sohee eventually arrived, she insisted on having to go easy on her voice for it to be best for the shoot later. Nobody was sad about it, a silent Sohee was way better than the usual Sohee.

 

The shoot was as non-demanding as the audition. Jinyoung just had to stand in the setting in his elfin dress and smile, occasionally move a bit, and wait for his sister to get her lines right. And then everything was over already. Jaebum was quick to free Jinyoung from his loads of makeup afterwards.

 

Back to his boy-self Jinyoung just comes back from the rest room and is about to enter their dressing room again when a blonde guy with a big, radiating smile approaches him.

 

“Hey, excuse me. I’m looking for Im Jaebum. Do you know him by any chance?”

 

“You lucked out. He’s a friend of mine. And this is the dressing room he’s working in today. So just follow me,” Jinyoung answers with a smile.

 

“That’s great. Thank you.”

 

They enter the room and Jinyoung takes a quick look around just to find everybody else but Jaebum. “Well, seems like he’s out at the moment,” Jinyoung states a little confused.

 

“Who? Jaebum?” BamBam butts in. “He went to return the dresses to the commercial staff.”

 

“Oh, okay. He’s probably back in a bit. Just wait here, if you like.”

 

“Who is this?” Yugyeom happily asks when he looks up from his phone.

 

“He's here to see Jaebum.”

 

“Hey, my name is Jackson,” the visitor says with his still beaming smile. “Nice to meet you.”

 

BamBam decides to lead the introduction. “Hey man, I’m BamBam, this is Yugyeom, uhm…this….girl is Sohee,” the boy hesitates, trying to hide his dismissive attitude towards her. “And this is-“

 

“I never thought I would meet you in real life, woooow, Park Sohee, amazing!” the blonde pipes up as he faces Sohee.

 

“You know me?” she asks doubtfully.

 

“Of course, well I know Jaebum works for your family but I also know you because of your acting. I really liked the last drama you were in.”

 

“Well, thank you,” she responds with the brightest artificial smile ever.

 

“And holy , this cucumber face mask from your commercial once almost burned my face off. That was adventurous,” he states, still enthusiastic.

 

Sohee’s artificial smile turns very quick into an expression of pure distaste.

 

“Okay, as I was about to say,” BamBam quickly interrupts and steers the other away from the annoyed girl, “this is her brother, Jinyoung.” In this moment Jaebum enters the room behind BamBam and the visitor, assesses the situation and wildly starts to form an X with his arms repeatedly, his expression more alarmed than Jinyoung ever saw it before. But his attention snaps back to Jackson in front of him when the blonde comes closer and suspiciously scans his face.

 

“Yes, I know,” he suddenly calls out, loud and excited. “I thought you looked familiar. You’re THE Park Jinyoung, like in the Jinyoung from Mangamoon, right?”

 

Jinyoung is more than confused now. “Yes, I’m an intern there. How do you know?”

 

“Mark, he told me about you. I’m his stylist and best friend and Jaebum’s boyfriend. I’m thrilled to meet you,” Jackson cheers.

 

“Oh….” Jinyoung needs a moment to process the flood of information.

 

Jaebum steps next to his boyfriend to snatch his attention. “Hey babe.” He presses his lips to the blonde’s temple and then smiles down at him.

 

“Hey, there you are. I was looking for you. And I took advantage of the opportunity to meet your friends,” he beams up.

 

“Yeah, yeah great but-“

 

“I didn’t know you are friends with Jinyoung. Do you know that Mark is his friend, too?”

 

“Uhm, yeah. We really should-“

 

“And to think that he’s the brother of the famous Park Sohee! The world is so small. I just learned about her sister the other day, and now it turns out she has …..a brother….as well...” His voice trails off and his cheery expression slowly fades, replaced by puzzlement.

 

Jaebum shoots Jinyoung a panicked look. Behind him, Jinyoung hears somebody gasp, probably Yugyeom, and the sound of Sohee’s spiteful snicker travels through the room. Jinyoung realizes how he holds his breath while realization dawns on Jackson’s face.

 

“I…uhm…I need to go.”

 

“Jackson, wait.” Jaebum tries to stop the other. “Babe?“

 

But Jackson is already half out of the room, when he calls out, “Sorry, I call you later. Was nice to meet y’all. Let’s go eat together some time soon.”

 

“And off he goes…” BamBam is the first to find some words after several long seconds of silence.

 

“What did just happen?!” Yugyeom asks incredulously into the ominous void.

 

“!” Jaebum simply states.

 

Jinyoung finds his voice again, too. “Did he just make the connection-”

 

“Yeah, he did.”

 

“So he does assume that-”

 

“Yep, most probably.”

 

“So now he's running....to tell-”

 

“Oh yes, most definitely.”

 

“.”

 

“Yeah, .

 

“.”

 

“Look, who's screwed now? How entertaining.”

 

“Shut up, cucumber witch,” BamBam snaps.

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

Mark calmed down a little since last night. He pondered over his feelings for some hours more but always came up with the same conclusion: He really likes Jinyoung very much and he wants him to like him back. Now that he's sure of this fact, it got easier to breathe.

 

He even is able to converse like a normal person agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter