Three

Chocolate Chips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normally Jinyoung would have looked forward to the weekend. But not now. Not after he came to love his workplace and everything and everyone there, including the charming visits of Mark.

 

Jinyoung will see Mark today, on Saturday, but that will be as Park Jiwon. And this means he only can stare and smile at Mark instead of freely having a conversation with the actor. Today is the day when they will learn the choreography for the commercial shoot from a professional dance instructor. And since he has to attend that lesson as Jiwon, Jaebum is again working wonders on Jinyoung's appearance, encouraged by their two special guests as audience.

 

“What did you ing do with these ing legs of yours?” Jaebum asks, utterly perplexed.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Are you a freaking trampoline champion or why are they so muscled?”

 

“I did tap dancing for a couple of years.”

 

“You did tap dancing for a couple of years…”

 

“Yes.”

 

“ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? WHO IN THE WORLD IS DOING TAP DANCING?”

 

“I am. Why are you so angry?”

 

“I’m angry because I don’t know how I should shove you into workout clothes and let you still look at least a bit feminine.”

 

“Sorry for having unfeminine legs but I’m still a guy,” Jinyoung sulks and offers a thorough pout.

 

“Mary-Kate and Ashley are at it again,” Yugyeom whispers to BamBam.

 

“Tap dancing….tsk,” Jaebum says disapprovingly and turns away to inspect his brought variety of clothes.

 

“What’s wrong with tap dancing?”

 

“It’s freaking tap dancing, Jinyoung,” BamBam answers casually, accompanied by a shrug.

 

“You know, explaining something with just saying the obvious thing over and over again, isn’t really explaining,” Jinyoung informs blankly.

 

“There’s a reason why your witch sister started to call you nerd. Tap dancing is a nerd activity and so is your whole manga stuff.”

 

“She calls you two nerds as well,” Jinyoung says in self-defense.

 

“That’s because we’re hanging out with you.”

 

“If you hate me that much, just leave!” Jinyoung huffs. “Can't believe even my ing friends are hating on my preferences,” he mutters annoyed.

 

“Jinyoouuung, it’s not that. We love you just the way you are, including all your nerd qualities,” BamBam coos.

 

“Anyway, I do what I want,” Jinyoung says, still sulking.

 

“And that’s also something we love about you, Jinyoung,” Yugyeom confirms with a bright smile and a thumbs up.

 

“So leggings are obviously no option,” Jaebum says while he rakes his fingers through his hair. “Okay, try this,” he mutters when he throws a pair of pink sweatpants and a white and pale pink striped t-shirt at him.

 

Jinyoung disappears into the small changing room to put on his dance practice outfit, silently thankful that this time he at least can wear pants. Shortly after, he returns to the chair in front of the mirror so that Jaebum can finish his makeup.

 

“So did Mark come by yesterday?” Jaebum carefully asks, while he uses what feels like a ton of foundation on Jinyoung's face.

 

“He did. He brought food for me and since he didn't know what I would like to eat he just opted to bring every kind of snack. It was a true feast. And then we had a serious talk. I think it was a successful day.”

 

“Are you sure you two aren't in a relationship already?” BamBam pipes up.

 

“Yep, everything really sounds like it.” Yugyeom confirms.

 

“Ugh...unfortunately not. I think everything he does is without any ulterior motive. He just does things because he feels they are the right things to do.”

 

“But still it feels like he puts some extra effort in for you. Doesn't that count for something?” Jaebum interrogates.

 

“He's just like that. I never met anyone like him before. He's so humble and supportive and unconditionally kind and accepting. It's like he really believes in all the good things in the world, like an innocent child. He could be Peter Pan for all what I know,” Jinyoung raves.

 

“Uuuhhh, so sweet. He's Peter Pan and you're Wendy,” Yugyeom coos.

 

“I'm not freaking Wendy,” Jinyoung fends off, painfully aware of how he's in the process to be turned into a girl again. “I'm....I....I don't know. I don't fit into the picture, I guess. Not in his anyway,” he sighs.

 

All heads are turning around at once when they hear a hysterical giggle.

 

“So that is it? That's the reason why you were bouncing around like a lovesick fool for the past few days? Because you actually managed to bother Mark Tuan with your boy-self as well?” Sohee says mockingly.

 

“Since when are you here?” Jinyoung asks in shock.

 

“Long enough to hear about your silly antics,” she snarls. “Honestly, don't make such a fuss. He might be interested in your girl-version, but since you're obviously not a real girl, this isn't helping you at all. And it's impossible that he would fall in love with your boy-version. So just forget about him!”

 

“God, you're so mean. You're officially the president of the world's mean sister club,” BamBam grumbles.

 

“I am just stating facts here. I don't want my nerd brother to nourish any hope when it's actually hopeless from the start,” she scoffs.

 

“What do you know?” BamBam shoots back, enraged. “He can totally fall in love with Jinyoung.”

 

“Ridiculous! As if Mark Tuan would.”

 

“Are you his relationship therapist? You don't even know him personally!”

 

“I don't need to know him personally to see that this is just pointless. Not in a million years Mark Tuan would fall for a guy,” she hisses.

 

“Okay, can you maybe stop talking? Every time you say something, Jinyoung's eye is twitching and it doesn't help with the makeup,” Jaebum intervenes firmly, addressing Sohee.

 

Sadly she has nothing of it. “I just want to clear things up and let my brother know that he might look good as a girl, but his life is still a joke.”

 

“You damn, mean !” BamBam yells.

 

“What did you say, you pathetic nerd?”

 

Jaebum is done with the chaos in the room. He noticed how Jinyoung's body got more tense with every single sentence of his sister. “SHUT THE HELL UP OR I WILL THROW EVERYONE OUT!”

 

“I'm all for it,” Jinyoung mumbles and tries to stand up from the chair, makeup still unfinished.

 

“Not you, idiot,” Jaebum informs and pushes him back down. “What the heck, Sohee. I don't even know why you're here but please try to not ruin everybody's day,” the stylist grumbles.

 

“Well, that's not why I'm here at least,” she huffs. “It's a wish of our dear parents that Jinyoung, or better Jiwon, introduces me to Mark. And since today seems a good opportunity...”

 

“Sure, our dear parents wish for it. As if you didn't especially ask them to demand that from me!” Jinyoung snaps.

 

“Whatever,” she huffs. “The important thing is that I will charm Mark Tuan today.”

 

When she petulantly leaves the room, BamBam shouts after her, ”Peter Pan won't fall for the damn cucumber witch!”

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

When Jinyoung finally steps into the practice room, perfectly styled as Jiwon, Mark is already waiting. His eyes are noticeably lighting up, when they meet Jinyoung's.

 

“Hi, Jiwon. It's so good to see you again. How are you?” Mark says with a blinding smile on his features as he walks up to his shooting partner.

 

Jinyoung just nods his head a couple of times and offers a sweet smile and a V sign.

 

“Good, I'm glad you're alright. I'm a little nervous today. Are you nervous, too?” Again he nods. Mark seems relieved after the confirmation.

 

“Don't be nervous...at least not too much. I think together we can manage, right?”

 

Jinyoung nods his head again and smiles. It's everything he can do as Mark is once again the sweetest human being alive.

 

“You look very pretty today again,” Mark compliments. Jinyoung hides his face behind his palms. He really is a bit shy about such praise. But he has to remind himself that right now, Mark is not the sweetest human being alive in front of him, but in front of Jiwon. And this fact lets his smile fade the tiniest bit behind his hands.

 

“You must be Park Jiwon. I'm your dance instructor for today, Lee Seunggong. You'll learn everything today what's required to know for the commercial shoot. This will be fun.” The man in front of him offers an encouraging smile until Jinyoung once again nods to signal understanding.

 

Apart from those three, there are only a few staff members present, Jinyoung notices.

 

“Okay, then let's be quick and do this. I'm gonna demonstrate how to do the first steps now. So watch carefully!” the dance instructor hollers as he positions himself in front of the two commercial stars.

 

Jinyoung is focusing on the performance of their teacher when Mark mumbles from the side, “You got my flowers, right? And the chocolates? Did you like them?”

 

Jinyoung only glances at him with a fleeting smile and a quick nod before he looks in front again.

 

“Good, I learned about the chocolates just recently and I immediately thought of you. I thought you just HAD to try them as well.”

 

Jinyoung repeats his smile-nod-combination in a split second.

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Tuan, but do you know all the steps already?” Mr. Lee snaps after he turned around to glare at Mark.

 

“Uhm...no?!”

 

“I thought so. Maybe we should focus on our job here. Wouldn't that be nice?”

 

“Understood,” Mark confirms with a sigh.

 

After that it is impossible to have a conversation. The dance instructor keeps them both busy while he teaches the dance routine. Jinyoung is able to memorize everything fairly quick. But from the corner of his eye he sees Mark occasionally struggling. Even though it's not half as bad as his attempt at tap dancing.

 

After what feels like an eternity of watching and repeating, Mr. Lee finally approves of their performance. Jinyoung feels like a puddle of sweat. Secretly he contemplates how Jaebum was able to make his makeup this sweat proof. He concludes that he is a genius.

 

Mark is panting and sweating next to him as well but he looks relieved.

 

“You did so good, Jiwon. Do you have some experience in dancing?” he says with a bright smile.

 

But Jinyoung isn't even given the opportunity to answer before his sister appears out of thin air and hugs him. “Jiwonie, this looked amazing. You're so talented, my little sister,” she coos with fake affection. Jinyoung has to suppress the urge to roll his eyes and replies with a fake smile instead.

 

“Oh, you're Jiwon's sister?” Mark asks surprised.

 

“Yes, I'm her beloved sister. I'm here to watch over my little pumpkin a bit, you know?! Hi, my name is Park Sohee.” She flings every ounce of charm at him which she has to offer.

 

“I'm Mark Tuan. Very nice to meet you,” Mark genuinely smiles at her, not suspecting in the least that Sohee serves up her best acting for him. “Say, you were in 'friends on the run', right?”

 

“Y-you saw that?” she asks baffled, forgetting all about her acting performance.

 

Mark answers with an enthusiastic nod and a never ceasing smile. “Yeah, I did. I thought you played the role of the bitter sister very good. It was awesome acting,” he praises. Jinyoung tries with all his might to avoid snorting, because he knows the reason why her acting was on point in that drama; it's because she literally acted as herself.

 

“Thank you so much. Since it was a minor part, it barely received recognition,” she says with a shy smile. And Jinyoung can see that this is a real one.

 

“Too sad though. But you were in that cucumber products commercial as well, right? That one blew up,” he says, probably meant as a compliment. But Sohee's features are darkening suddenly, signaling that she doesn't like where this is going.

 

“Yeah, kind of,” she mumbles.

 

“It's very nice of you to go out of your way to keep an eye on your sister,” the actor confirms, completely oblivious to the change in Sohee's spirit.

 

“Yeah, I do what I can for my sweet pumpkin,” she pipes up, back in her nice-sister-role.

 

Mark turns to Jinyoung then and asks, “So Jiwon, would you like to meet up later to eat something and...I don't know, maybe discuss the commercial for a bit?”

 

Jinyoung's green-lensed eyes widen. Is Mark Tuan asking him out? Well....asking Jiwon out but whatever. He's about to nod when Sohee once again butts in. “I'm sorry, but Jiwonie is very busy. And our parents are a little bit strict with her, since she's the family's baby, you know? But I could make time, if-”

 

“Oh...no, actually I really wanted to talk about the commercial so it wouldn't help much, if I'd debate that with you.” And here Mark's adorable sincerity strikes again and kicks Sohee right in the guts. Jinyoung can see how she helplessly opens and closes her shiny lips again and again, without a single word coming out. Childish gloating floods his mind as he watches her.

 

“So, I think a shower is definitely needed now. Jiwon, take a shower, too so you won't get sick because of cold sweat, alright?” Jinyoung nods again and returns the actor's caring smile.

 

“Good then. Have a nice day, you two. Sohee, it was nice meeting you. Jiwon, I'm looking forward to the shoot. Be well!” And with these words Mark leaves the practice room.

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

“Okay, so again please. It's 9 AM on a Sunday and we don't have a schedule. Tell me again, why I am awake and on the way to the company with you?” Jackson mutters wearily and releases a loud yawn afterwards.

 

Mark turns to his friend who sits next to him in the car, which takes both of them to their destination. “I told you I need to speak to Youngjae and the boss about my future as an actor. And since nothing's on today, it's the perfect opportunity,” Mark reasons seriously.

 

“To think that you yourself would bring such an early meeting upon us....crazy!” he grumbles. “And why exactly are you dragging me along? It's not like you need styling or anything for that meeting.”

 

“I told you, I need you as moral support. This won't be an easy discussion for me and I need my best friend by my side.”

 

This at least seems to appease the stylist a little. “Dear audience, the young actor, Mark Tuan, can't do anything without his gorgeous, best friend Jacks-”

 

“Jackson, shut up!”

 

“Fiiiiine. You know I just agreed to accompany you because you promised to go clubbing with me. No way to get out of that, understood?”

 

“Yeah yeah, understood...whatever.” Now it is Mark's turn to grumble.

 

“I won't let you off the hook. You have to get out a little. These days you're hiding in your sister's company more than ever.”

 

“Not exactly. It's just that Jinyoung and I have-”

 

“Oh yeah, Jinyoung, your little office flirt, huh?” Jackson asks suggestively and waggles his eye brows.

 

“What are you talking about?” Mark scoffs.

 

“Just about you spending all of your free time there, WITH HIM. I mean, you saw your Cinderella yesterday, right? Still you were talking only about him since I entered the car. There has to be something there.”

 

“Something what?”

 

“I don't know. Magic? I only want to say that usually you aren't getting this close this quick to people. I'm just wondering, if he's only a new friend or if there's something else. But I'm probably making things up. I mean he's not even gay, right? So there wouldn't be a chance for 'something else' anyway,” Jackson says with a light chuckle and slaps Mark's shoulder playfully.

 

“Uhm...I still don't really know what you're talking about. Jinyoung IS my new friend. But he's...also gay,” Mark finishes hesitantly.

 

“You're freaking kidding me? He's gay?”

 

“I just said so.”

 

“He's gay.....and you're hanging out with him constantly-”

 

“You're gay, too and we hang out.”

 

“But we know each other for years and you never took more interest in me than a friend would.”

 

“That's the same with Jinyoung-”
 

“No no no no no, just no, Mark. You're constantly gushing about how good he's looking, how shiny his black hair is, how awesome his body proportions are, how smart he is, how nice his smile is, how pretty his eyes are! You never said anything like this about me....or anyone else, if I remember correctly. Well, maybe about your Cinderella, but not to that extent, not the same way like you are adoring Jinyoung.”

 

“But it's all true. These are all facts. Did I show you his photo?”

 

“Yes, yes for heaven's sake, you showed me this photo about 20 times already. Yes, he's handsome but he still looks kind of scared there. And I seriously have to wonder, if he's scared of you,” Jackson says with a smirk.

 

“HE! IS! NOT! He was just surprised. He looks surprised, not scared, alright?” Mark huffs and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

 

“Alright, alright,” Jackson chuckles and soothingly pats the other's shoulder. “But it brings me back to my initial approach. Mark, is there the possibility of you maybe....liking Jinyoung? In a romantic way, I mean.”

 

“Are you implying I'm attracted guys now?” Mark asks perplexed.

 

“So? Would that be such a terrible thing?” Jackson huffs and glares at his friend.

 

“No! No, of course not, I didn't mean it like that,” Mark says in a hurry, trying to pacify the boy beside him. “It's just...I never thought about it. I never liked a guy before so I never assumed I....”

 

“Could be interested in guys?” Jackson finishes for him.

 

“Yeah,” Mark mumbles. He contemplates Jackson's words but everything his thoughts are offering, is sheer confusion. “I just don't know. I like him a lot but....I don't know, if I like him like that.”

 

“Okay, no need to rush things anyway. Just wait and see what time brings. Do you think there's a chance he would like you romantically? I mean just in case, it would be nice, if it would be mutual, right?”

 

“Uhm.....I have no idea. I.....no, I really don't know. I'm sure he likes me as a friend at least, but everything else is kind of uncertain. And there's still Jiwon.”

 

“So you're sure about liking Jiwon, right?”

 

“Uhm.....I guess?”

 

“Nobody who's sure about anything would answer like that,” Jackson says blankly. “Are you sure about anything at all?”

 

“She's Park Sohee's sister,” Mark answers, just disregarding Jackson's insult.

 

“Wait, what? Jiwon? Your Cinderella? Is the sister of the cucumber girl? Really?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Astounding...wait....wait,” Jackson suddenly pipes up with new found excitement, “my boyfriend, my handsome, talented boyfriend Jaebum-”

 

“-who you still didn't introduce to me,” Mark mutters.

 

“Yes, that one exactly. He's Park Sohee's stylist.”

 

“What...you mean he could know Jiwon? Even might be working with her as well?” Mark looks at him with wide eyes. To think that he could have this more or less direct link to Jiwon, makes his stomach flutter with nervousness.

 

“I'll check.” His friend immediately starts to operate his phone. “I asked him.”

 

Gladly they just need to wait about half a minute for the reply. “He says he knows her only briefly. Apparently she has her own stylist. Damn.”

 

“That's too bad. I would have asked him a thousand questions about her otherwise. Nevertheless, it is a crazy coincidence.”

 

“Seems so.”

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

group chat of the heroes

members: BamBam, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, Jaebum

 

Jaebum: Park Jinyoung!!!! I just lied to my boyfriend. I never lied to him before. You made me lie to him!

 

Jinyoung: Why are you so dramatic on a Sunday morning? What's even going on? ㅍㅅㅍ

 

Jaebum: I'M AS DRAMATIC AS I WANT TO BE!!!! HE ASKED ME IF I'M ALSO PARK JIWON'S STYLIST SINCE HE JUST FOUND OUT SHE'S THE SISTER OF SOHEE!!!! APPARTENTLY MARK WANTS TO KNOW!!!! AND SINCE I WANTED TO AVOID ENDLESS QUESTIONS AND MORE LYING, I JUST SAID NO. I SAID JIWON WORKS WITH ANOTHER STYLIST!!!!!

 

Jinyoung: Well, thank you?

 

Jaebum: ING THANK YOU MY ! I NEVER LIED TO HIM! BUT NOW I DID! YOU MADE ME LIE TO HIM!!!!!!

 

Yugyeom: What's with all the capital letters? Is your phone angry?

 

Jinyoung: I made you lie to him? You made me wear dresses and freaking wigs! (ー_ー)!!

 

Jaebum: BECAUSE IT'S MY JOB!!!!

 

BamBam: Honestly, the capital letter thingy lost its intensity after the second reply.

 

Jinyoung: You kidding me, Jaebum? All of this ordeal isn't even my job. My job is being an intern in my dream company, which I worked hard for. And now I'm in constant danger to get fired because I am freaking lying every day to the owner's brother, who also became my friend. But look, I have to lie to my friend every ing day. And why??? Because my parents aren't interested in anything I like or want to achieve. They are just interested in me, THEIR SON, wearing DRESSES AND WIGS!!!!

 

Jaebum: ...

 

Jaebum: Okay, you won.

 

Jinyoung: Good.

 

Yugyeom: Mary-Kate and Ashley are so sweet when they make up. :')

 

Jaebum: I hate this group chat.

 

BamBam: Nobody believes you. We all know you love us. (^_-)-☆

 

Jaebum: What happened to my life.....?!

 

 

(*^▽^*)

 

 

It's Monday morning and Mark tries to focus on reading manga. But he just can't seem to succeed, since he's impatiently waiting for Jinyoung's arrival. Because where the heck is that boy? This can't be right, he should be here by now. These thoughts are going through Mark's head repeatedly.

 

When he finally hears the sound of the office door being opened, he turns his head around in one quick move. Mark thinks he hears his neck very unhealthily cracking. He beholds Jinyoung, standing in the door frame completely frozen, since the second he spotted Mark. His beautiful eyes are large and amazed and his mouth falls slightly open, without making a sound.

 

“Jinyoung!” Mark calls out, relieved.

 

“Uhm...good morning?”

 

Mark smiles brightly at the baffled boy. “Good morning! Why are you so late?”

 

“I....uhm...I'm not.....I'm a couple minutes early actually.”

 

“Oh...I thought you usually start earlier,” Mark says stunned.

 

“Didn't you notice that barely anyone else is here yet?” the intern asks and gestures towards the corridor and the open space office. “And since when are you here?”

 

“Uhm....just....for a bit,” Mark stammers, trying as good as he can to hide his embarrassment.

 

“And why are you sitting on my desk?” Jinyoung questions as he slowly crosses the room.

 

“I usually sit on your desk,” Mark replies casually.

 

“Yeah, like on the edge, but not cross-legged, right in the middle of it.”Jinyoung scratches the spot behind his ear. He's now standing right in front of his desk and Mark is blinking up at him.

 

“That's true,” the actor simply answers. The manga volume in his hands is long forgotten as he gets lost in the other boy's presence.

 

Eventually Jinyoung chuckles. He slightly shakes his head and lets himself plop down into his office chair. He then straightens his back and moves his chair a little closer towards his desk. Mark's shins are just centimeters away from his torso. Now Jinyoung is the one who's blinking up at Mark, almost looking expectantly. The actor contemplates how soothing it would feel, if Jinyoung would just close the distance and lay his head down in his lap. Mark imagines how he would touch the other boy then. He could almost feel his fingers carefully run through the dark silk of Jinyoung's hair. But his daydream gets interrupted by the intern's voice. Awoken from his daze, Mark also questions himself for those kind of thoughts.

 

“You never came here so early before. Is everything alright?” The gentleness in his voice takes Mark's breath away for a second.

 

“Sure, everything is great,” Mark eventually answers with a smile. “How was your weekend?”

 

“Wasn't really eventful. Seems like my weekdays are a lot more exciting than my dull free time these days.” Jinyoung seems amused when he answers and his eyes are twinkling like the night sky, watched from the highest mountain.

 

“Am I a reason for it?” Mark asks full of excitement and leans forward a little.

 

Jinyoung adorably snickers. “Well that might be the case.”

 

“Yas!” The actor underlines his statement with a fist pump into the air as a sign of victory. This sends the other boy into a new fit of giggles.

 

“But...does that mean your sister let you live for once?” Mark's words are a mix of worry and hope. He panics a bit when he sees Jinyoung's face fall while the question seeps in.

 

“Uhm...no, unfortunately she showed her worst behavior possible.”

 

“I'm sorry to hear that. Damn, what's wrong with her?” he asks exasperated. “Do you want to talk about it?”

 

“Nah, don't want to ruin such a lovely morning.” The intern is back to his cheeky smile now. “How was your weekend? How did the dance training go?”

 

Surprisingly okay. After all, the steps weren't that hard to learn. Even though repeating them over and over again was exhausting.” Mark stops for a few seconds to ponder. “But the girl I'm shooting the commercial with did a lot better than me. She's a real talent. I'm just glad I didn't fully embarrass myself in front of her.”

 

“Uhm...who is she? Would I know her?” he asks tentatively.

 

“No, I don't think so. As far as I know she haven't done show business related stuff so far. If so, you'd totally have noticed her. She's very pretty.”

 

“Uhm...do you...uhm...maybe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter