Part 14

Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SEJEONG!"
was the last word Sejeong heard before she lost her consciousness. A car hit her when she crossing the road. Chungha saw it and she shouted loud, shocked.

"Sejeong!" Chungha ran towards her leaving her plastic bag, she raised Sejeong's head, her face and body full of blood.

"Sejeong, wake up Sejeong, someone please call an ambulance" she shouted, crying for help from the person who saw them

Ambulance was coming soon, Sejeong was in the ambulance with Chungha and medical staff, Chungha couldn't take her hand off, Sejeong occasionally open her eyes and want to talk but Chungha told her to be quiet "Calm down Sejeong, you will be fine, I'll always be here"

Chungha stood in front of the emergency room, her clothes full of blood, she cried, trembling, afraid of bad things happen to her best friend.
-

 

Meanwhile at Nayoung's house, Leo was still on his business trip, only Nayoung and her friends at her home to take care of Nayoung who was sick. Ong and Ken were there to bring dinner to their girlfriend.

"You have to eat and get enough sleep, how can you look for Sejeong if you are sick like this" said Ong, Nayoung always refused to eat because she always thinking of her sister

"I have no appetite, how can I eat while I don't know if Sejeong has eaten, does she sleep well? is she okay now?" she cried, Ong hugged her

Nayoung's phone rang, she was still crying, Ong saw Chungha's name on the screen, so he picked it up, away from Nayoung

*Yes Chungha, it's Ong*

*Oppa, S-sejeong, oppa*

*Sejeong? Why Sejeong?*

*Sejeong is in the hospital now, she got an accident* Chungha spoke while crying

*Hospital? Accident? How is she now?*

*She is still in the emergency room, critical and the doctor is still checking her*

*Which hospital?*

*Seoul hospital, oppa*

*Okay, wait there I'll be there soon. Calm yourself Chungha, don't cry, you have to be strong*

*Yes oppa* she nodded even though Ong couldn't see it

Ong walked towards Nayoung, thinking of finding the right words so he won't make Nayoung panic. He held Nayoung's hands

"Nayoung, let's go to the hospital now" he spoke slowly

"No need, I'm fine, I'm not sick, I don't need to go to the hospital"

"Okay, maybe you don't need a hospital, but there is someone who need you in the hospital"

Nayoung was confused, Ong couldn't say that Sejeong is in a critical condition at the hospital, afraid Nayoung will crying louder

"Trust me this time? We have to go there now, hmmm" he looked at her with sad eyes. Nayoung woke up and walk out of her room with Ong

"Nayoung, where are you going?" asked Hana who was sitting together with Ken

"Ken hyung, can you drive us to the Seoul hospital?"

"Hospital? Is Nayoung really sick?"

"I'll explain later, can we leave now?"

"Ooohhh okay" Ken rushed out and the car, Hana helped Nayoung walk to the car.

Hana and Nayoung sat in the back seat, Hana hugged her tightly because Nayoung was still sad. Ong could only see Nayoung from the mirror, he's sad for what happened to Sejeong. He could not imagine what would happen to Nayoung after knowing that her sister was in critical condition.

"Ong, what exactly happened? Why do you look so nervous?" Ken asked, whispering

"Hyung, actually we will go to the hospital to see Sejeong. Chungha called, she said Sejeong got an accident and now she's in critical condition at the hospital" Ken was shocked, but he tried to focus "Sorry to make you drive hyung, because my heart isn't calm now, I can't focus to myself"

"It's okay, I understand" he tapped his hand, Ken knew all the stories about Nayoung and her family because they hangout often and talk about Nayoung and Hana. He knew that Ong was worried about Nayoung now.
-

 

Arriving at the hospital, Ong walked with them to the emergency room, they saw Chungha sitting, her hands covering her face, crying.

"Chungha?" Nayoung approached her

"Unnie" she got up and hugged Nayoung

"Hey, what are you doing here? Why are you crying? Your clothes, full of blood, what happened Chungha?" She was worried

Ken told Hana that Sejeong was in an accident, Hana's shocked and her tears fall, Ken hugged her. Hana love Sejeong so much, she had considered her like her own sister and when she knew about the incident she cried.

Nayoung was confused to see Hana suddenly crying "Hana, what's wrong? Why are you suddenly crying?"

"Unnie, Sejeong ... Hiks ... Hiks .. Sejeong, unnie" Chungha couldn't talk because she couldn't stop crying.

"Nayoung, Sejeong is here" explained Ong "she is inside with the doctor"

"Doctor? Sejeong is sick?" She panicked

"Sejeong got in accident and now she is in critical condition" hearing those words, Nayoung's world collapsed, 'critically' she did not believe what she heard, she cried, Ong hugged him "Calm down Nayoung, calm down. Sejeong will be fine"

"Sejeong, sejeong is critical because of me Ong, how can I calm down, how do I say it to daddy?" She crying hard, she blamed herself for the incident.

The five of them waited in front of the emergency room, hoping all will going well.

"Chungha you better change your clothes first, it looks like I have a shirt that I saved in the car yesterday" said Hana

"Yes Chungha, you better clean yourself first. I'll let you know if the doctor has left the room" said Ken, Chungha obeyed, she left with Hana.

An hour later the doctor came out of the room, he said that Sejeong had gotten a deep wound but had been overcome, but her condition was still critical because she lost a lot of blood, she had not yet regained consciousness.

-

 

Nayoung called Leo

*Yes, dear*

*Daddy* she sniffed

*Nayoung, are you crying? What's wrong?*

*Daddy, can you go home now?*

*What's wrong Nayoung?*

*Sejeong, daddy. She got an accident and she is now unconscious*

*Sejeong? Accident? How can?*

*I'll tell you later, can you go home? I'm scared daddy*

*Okay, okay, I'll booking a ticket now. Is Sehun there?*

*No, Sehun oppa doesn't know yet*

*With whom are you there? Is Ong there?*

*Yes dad*

*Give the phone to him* told Leo

*Yes, Ong’s here*

*Ong, please take care of my daughter there. I'll be there soon, let me know if something happens. I will tell Sehun to come there*

*Yes, don't worry. I will take care of her. Be careful on your way* he hang up the phone

 

Sehun came to the hospital after Leo called him. He tried not to panic and calm his cousin

"Everything will be fine Nayoung. Sejeong is a strong person, she will definitely wake up soon" Sehun said, hugging Nayoung tightly. Nayoung just nodded, put her face on Sehun's shoulder. Ong could be jealous, but for a situation like this he understood that Nayoung needed her closest person now.

It was getting late, Sehun was worried that the others would get sick so he told Ken to drove Chungha and Hana home, while Nayoung refused to go home, as well as Ong who was still worried about Nayoung's condition.

"Okay, stop crying, stop blaming yourself, Sejeong won't like it if she know you crying like this, all you have to do is take care of her now." Sehun calmed Nayoung, advising with wise words, his eyes also filled with tears because Sejeong's condition, but he must be tough as the oldest brother

"But oppa, if only I hadn't scolded her, she wouldn't go and got an accident like this, I'm scared--" she said while crying

"Shutt... It's enough, we all didn't know this will happen, this is fate" he hugged her, he didn't want Nayoung to remember the incident a few years ago when her mother died, he really knew how sad Nayoung was.

"Oppa, can you stay here with me? Don't go, I'm scared to be alone"

"Yes, I will stay here with you to look after Sejeong. Now stop crying, ok" she nodded

Ong who came after buying food for Nayoung heard all their talk, he was sad. He stop his step to enter the room because he thought Nayoung needed time to calm down with Sehun.

-

Ong fell asleep in a chair outside Sejeong's room, when Leo arrived. He saw Ong asleep, but when he heard Leo's steps, Ong woke up.

"Oh, you've arrived"

"Yes, Ong. Thank you for looking after my daughters, where are they now?" Leo asked

"Nayoung is inside with Sehun hyung, and Sejeong is not yet awake" he explained

"Alright, I'll go inside" Leo went in the room

Nayoung fell asleep on the couch with Sehun's jacket as her blanket, Sehun just sat quietly staring at Sejeong who was sleeping on her bed

"Sehun" Leo said softly so he not to wake Nayoung

"Oh, uncle" he stood up from the couch "Sejeong is still unconscious and Nayoung has just fallen asleep" Leo walked towards Sejeong, staring at her sadly, he did not believe his precious daughter who looked cheerful and hugged him every time he came home this time lying weak in bed with lots of cables on her body. He was very sad, his world seemed to collapse, he remembered the incident a few years ago when Nayoung was lying in the hospital, it was like a dejavu for him. He wanted to cry, he was scared, but he had to be tough because he didn't want to make things even more chaotic.

"Uncle, I will be out for a while" Sehun said, Leo nodded, Sehun wanted to give them time

Leo walked towards the couch, staring at Nayoung who was sleeping with the tears line, looking tired. Leo held her cheek "you must crying a lot" he said

Nayoung woke up, her eyes open slowly "Oh daddy" she hugged her dad, she cried

"Hey... don't cry. I know you're sad, I'm sad too, but we can't do anything. Want to tell me what happened?" He tried to be calm

"Daddy, I'm sorry. All this is my fault, I can't fulfill my promise to take care of her while you leave. I said the things I shouldn't say, she was hurt with my words and left the house, and after a few days I got news that she had an accident. I'm sorry, dad"

"She left home? And you didn't tell me? What did you say? She never acted like this"

"Daddy, I'm really sorry. I'm not aware, I said that mommy died after giving birth her and she took mommy from my life. She must have been hurt by my words"

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter