Sunset with you

Written in the Stars

 

While there is on going confrontation downstairs, Taeyeon followed her daughter upstairs to comfort Wendy on the terrible situation she faced a while ago.Taeyeon knew that among her daughters Wendy is the bravest one she remembered when her daughters still kids a situation where her big sisters been bullied about their father, Wendy will the one who will keep away those bullies but manage to cry eventually in secret that her big sisters will not see her being down she want shell the one who will give her big sisters some courage.But this time is different Wendy suddenly felt weak on her feet the moment she saw the person who cheated on her now is the time that Taeyeon as a mother remind her daughter Wendy that she is not the person who suddenly will feel weak on certain situation like that.

 

“Seung Wan yah, can I come In?, its mom”  Taeyeon slowly opening the bedroom door of Wendy and tend to come closer to her bed where she can heard Wendy sobbing underneath thy blanket.

 

“I know its hard honey” Taeyeon pauses, Wendy dont say any word and continue to cry.

 

“You remember the day that you bravely faced those bullies who bullied your big sisters Irene and Seulgi back time your in the 4th grade?” Taeyeon continued and eventually she got Wendy attention her sob slowly stop.Wendy can remember her childhood very well.

 

“That time Irene and Seulgi always brought to me that you are their cool little sister because instead they are the one wholl protect you its the other way arround” Taeyeon let a small chuckle.

 

“And that day Iam much thankful because they learn how to be brave as you and Seulgi initiate to clean the house and Irene to wash the dishes” Taeyeon laugh and Wendy sat down and look at her mom and gave her a slight smile.

 

“And told me that “from now on mommy we’ll protect Wendy”,thats the most touching words I heard from them” Taeyeon smiled and Wendy let a small touching smile.

 

“Mom” Wendy hugged her mom and continue to sob.

 

“Its okay honey let it out” Taeyeon continue to slightly taps Wendy’s back and hugged back her daughter tightly.

 

“I dont understand mom why do I feel weak whenever I saw him” Wendy replied.

 

“Dont feel that way sweetie, its not your loss it his lost, he didnt value the relationship that you have long ago” Taeyeon replied.

 

“Mom its not long ago, its was just a year ago” Wendy said.Taeyeon let a sigh that she totally forgot that Wendy thought it was last year but honestly it was 6 years ago.

 

“Look Honey, the time doesnt matter, I know pain will not eventually faded away but we need to be strong inorder to overcome it and eventually you’ll realize that youre already over with it, I think God dont want you to be with that guy he want you to be with the guy who deserve your pure heart and beauty and trust me sweetie he must be around somewhere” Taeyeon said to her daughter,we knew who’s Taeyeon referring to, Those words coming from her mom gave her courage and bring back her bravery. 

 

“Thank you mom, I love you” Wendy hugged again her mom she couldnt be more thankful that her mother always by her side since 94.

 

“I love you more, Now come on get up he dont deserve your tears Wannie!, and its not good that Irene and Seulgi will see you crying theyll think they already lost their swag sister before” Taeyeon said and let a small laugh and Wendy laugh to at her mother’s word.

 

“Oh did Joy and Yeri know that story mom?” Wendy asked her mother about protecting her big sisters.

 

“Oh not yet, thats a good idea, I will tell that story to them so that they can also clean the house and wash the dishes without me telling them to do so haha” Taeyeon replied and laugh with Wendy.

 

—————————————————

 

“How is she mom?” Irene asked worriedly following the gaze of their mom going downstairs.

 

“She fell asleep, I think shell be fine” Taeyeon went closer and smiled.

 

“Thats a relief” Seulgi said.

 

“Eric dont be worry that much, we’ll get through to this as a family” Taeyeon said to her son in law with an encouraging smile.

 

“Thank you mother” Eric replied with a hope on his face.

 

“Oh Irene where are my grand children?” Taeyeon asked as she curiously dont see any kids downstairs.

 

“They are still upstairs mom, I checked them out a while ago Ji Hee, Ji Hyun and Na Eun fell asleep after playing” Irene replied.

 

“And Sian also mom thats why the house kinda quiet” Seulgi said and smile.

 

“Yah! Unnie! What did I heard from Tzuyu huh you read those love letters?” Yeri said as the two Joy and Yeri entered the house arguing something.Its already 4:00 in the afternoon.

 

“What? I accidentally read it not like I purposely open it! I was cleaning our desk at our bedroom and suddenly those letters fell and its not my fault that you didnt keep it properly! And I have eyes Yerimah!” Joy is now shouting to her youngest sister.

 

“Now they broke the silence” Seulgi chuckled.As there is no day that the two will fight even at small things but its normal among siblings this made they’re relationship even stronger.

 

“Whats the noise about?” Taeyeon irritatedly asked her youngest daughters.

 

“Mom! Soo Young Unnie!” Yeri whined to her mom like a little kid.

 

“I told you its an accident Kim Yerim” Joy reason out.

 

“No wonder that Lucas acts weird haha” Joy teased Yeri while shes heading upstairs.

 

“Oh you mean lucas? Our neighbor?” Irene asked teasingly.

 

“Now great the whole family knows” Yeri stomping her feet tend to follow Joy upstairs.The rest of family members let a small chuckle as they found it funny how Yeri react to it.

 

“Yah unnie! Sungjae Oppa was outside!!” Yeri said enough for Joy to hear all the way upstairs.

 

“Mwo? How do I look?” Joy immediately run downstairs and asked her youngest sister giving her a sheep smile.

 

“Beautiful than ever” Yeri replied giving her sister a thumbs up and a winning smirk.As Joy hurriedly went outside expecting that Sung Jae will be there waiting for her and then Yeri slowly went upstairs.The moment that Joy realize that her sister just fooled her she immediately went indoors.

 

“Ayst jungmal, Yerimah! Get back here you little brat!” Joy hurriedly went upstairs.

 

“Soo Young ah! Dont hurt your sister” Taeyeon said.

 

“I wont mom Ill just talk to her” Joy replied calmly as possible.

 

“Haha the two are cute when they fought” Eric said.

 

“Well they fought like they are 10 years younger than their neices and nephews” Seulgi replied and the three just laughed to Seulgi’s words.

 

Minutes have past , they decided to close early and call it a day because it is a tough day the signed board on the front door of the restaurant said that 8:00 am it opens and close whenever so costumers wont tend to asked why they close early because its stated they will close whenever the owner wanted to. Eric and Na Eun suppose to go home now and thanked for this day but Yeri’s yell from the upstairs made them stopped. 

 

“Omo Eomma! Wendy Unnie is not in her bedroom, I check already the bathroom shes not there” Yeri went downstairs to inform everyone as she start panicking.

 

“Mwo?” Joy sudden shock expression

 

“Mworago?” Irene and Seulgi replied in sync.

 

“Goodness how could it happen we didnt seem to notice her going out from this house as we all stayed downstairs?” Taeyeon panickly asked.

 

“Wendy is not like that someone who didnt ask permission to go outside, even she will go to the bathroom she asked permission” Seulgi replied.

 

“Wendy yah!?” Eric hurriedly went upstairs and calmly calling Wendy’s name as he also dont want to panic.As the rest of the family members followed.

 

“I think she went out from her window” Joy stated.

 

“We need to find her before sunset, Iam afraid what might happen to her, the emotion she have right now the condition she had” Taeyeon almost to cry.

 

“Calm down mom we will find her” Irene said with courage.

 

“Ill find her mother, I think I know where she is right now” Eric replied with confidence that he might be right where Wendy is, the place where she go whenever she’s upset.

 

“Ill follow you Ericshii, Hand me the keys Seulgi yah” Irene said as Seulgi hand the family car keys.

 

“Ill go with you Unnie” Seulgi said.

 

“Us too!” Joy and Yeri replied.

 

“Its fine, you guys should stay here, whenever she’ll be home you guys are here” Eric said to Wendy’s siblings.

 

“Me and Seulgi insist to come, Joy and Yeri stayed with mom” Irene instructed.

 

“We dont much have time we need to go now, please look after Na Eun for me” Eric said.

 

“Dont worry we’ll watch the kids, keep us updated” Taeyeon said worriedly.

 

“Yes mom, Joy your in charge” Irene said as she followed Eric and Seulgi outside.

 

“Ne, unnie” Joy replied with a worried look on her face.But Irene know Joy will do her part as an older sister that for the meantime Irene and Seulgi was not home.

 

“Okay lets part ways possible places that Wendy will stay whenever shes upset” Seulgi led and think to those possible places.

 

“In the park near the amusement park where we had our first date” Eric said.

 

“Alright you go find her there Ericshhi while me and Seulgi will go to the port its near the ocean where we usually play when we’re still kids” Irene said.

 

“Ok lets go now, we’ll just call you Eric” Seulgi stated.

 

“Dont worry, we’ll not lose her again this time” Eric said and the two just nodded as they went separate ways to find Wendy.

 

As Eric drove moderately through the streets of Daegu trying to remember where was that park is, he might forgot where is it because there are a lot of new structures been build within those past 6years but the great memories she had with Wendy where always on his heart and mind.

 

“Where are you Wendy?” As Eric murmur to his self as he hold the stirring wheel tightly.

 

“Ahm excuse me where is the way going to the Daegu’s Sunset park?” Eric decided to ask question to few residences who freely walk the sidewalks, he made a stop and down his car window.

 

“Oh you go straight and you can see the sign board says Daegu Sunset Park” the resident said and smile politely to Eric.

 

“Oh Thank you so much” Eric replied with a smile and continue to drive to that direction.But he suddenly stop along the way as he saw a fruit stand and familiar face of that old lady who’s behind the fruit stand.As Eric go out from his car and decided to go to that fruit stand.

 

“Ahm can I have those assorted fruits, the one in the basket?” Eric said politely to the old lady whos selling the fruits.

 

“Of course, omo Eric?” The old lady realized whos the person in front of her.

 

“Mrs.Song?” Eric replied with a smile.

 

“Omo how are you Eric?” The old lady asked as she saw her longtime valued costumer.

 

“Iam doing fine Mrs. Song and oh they are newly arrived fruits?” Eric said cheerfully.

 

“Oh yes they just arrived this afternoon, your wife would definitely love it as much as I know she love fruits because the last time I saw you with her you probably bought my whole fruit stand haha how is she?” Mrs.Song laughed gratefully and Eric replied with a chuckle.

 

“Shes doing great Mrs.Song” Eric lied about the condition of Wendy.Eric thought the old lady didn’t know what happen to Wendy because she ask him innocently.

 

“Oh send my regards to her and oh your little one, I heard that she gave birth to your eldest I want to send my congratulations to you that time but you never come again the moment I heard about it” Mrs.Song said.

 

“Iam sorry Mrs. Song we didnt have a chance to say goodbye to you that time as we hurriedly reside to Seoul” Eric replied felt sorry about it.

 

“Its fine, the important is you came back to buy some of my fruits! Whats the name of your daughter?” Mrs.Song cheerfully said and asked.

 

“Na Eun, Nam Na Eun” Eric smiled as he said to Mrs.Song his daughter’s name.

 

“Beautiful name like her mother she’s four years old now right?” Mrs.Song interestedly asked Eric.

 

“Yes Mrs.Song who also love fruits like her mother” Eric said and smile to Mrs.Song.

 

“Here take these oranges as my gift to your daughter, and hopefully I got to see her and Wendy when you visited again here Eric” Mrs.Song said and hand some oranges to the basket.

 

“Oh thank you so much Mrs.Song! My princesses would love this, we will visit again soon” Eric said with grateful heart.

 

“Youre Welcome! Keep safe Ericshii!” As Mrs.Song bid goodbye to Eric.

 

“You too Mrs.Song!” As Eric wave goodbye back to his car.

 

Minutes have passed finally Eric arrived at Daegu’s Sunset Park, Eric parked the car and brought a basket of fruits she baught a while ago, then start to look for Wendy she must be arround he can feel it, The park most famous about its sunset as you can clearly see how the sun sets when its already around afternoon, there are not much of people in the park cause its weekdays.You can heard and see children playing and laughing to each other while their parents watch them over the bench, couples who sat near the lake, family having picnic, all of the people having a good time with their friends and family.While Eric is looking for something who have black medium hair and a skin white as snow, Eric heading to the spot where he and Wendy had their first date hoping that she’ll be there even he knew the fact that Wendy might forget that place but who knows maybe Wendy’s heart speak for now.A winning smile paint on his face the moment he saw a young lady sitting under the tree.

 

“What a coincidence your here Wendy” Eric quietly sat down beside Wendy.Wendy  little bit startled to the person with her right now.

 

“Oh anneyeonghaseyo Eric sunbaenim” Wendy suppose to get up and bow for respect but Eric slightly grabbed her hand to sit down.

 

“No need for that Wendy what did I told you drop the formality” Eric chuckled.

 

“Hehe sorry alright oppa” Wendy replied with a blush on her face but its not that obvious maybe because of the blush on shes wearing right now, well what a saviour.

 

“You really went here prepared huh? You have picnic blanket with you” Eric asked to remove the awkwardness between them.

 

“Hehe is it really obvious?” Wendy asked.

 

“Kinda” Eric replied and they both laughed.

 

“Oh since we are here, I have basket of fruits here, Na Eun love fruits so much so I passed by that fruit stand near the park suppose to straight home but may thinking witness the sunset of Daegu” Eric said with a sweet smile to Wendy.He lied about the fruits for Na Eun its actually for Wendy knowing her wife for years this will help her to eventually felt better from what she felt right now but since Mrs.Song gave the oranges for free its for Na Eun at the sametime.

 

“Since its not fun to witness the sunset without eating something, lets have some fruits” Eric said while he hand a whole bundle of grapes and gave it to Wendy.

 

“Oh grapes also my favorite! Thank you” Wendy said and thankfully smiled at Eric.

 

“Wendy? Ahm why are you here?” Eric turned his head to the right and sincerly asked Wendy.

 

“I dont know but it felt like that this place is special, everytime I come here my problems will all fade away” Wendy smiled and she caught Eric staring at her and Wendy stared back.

 

“Ahm Eric can I ask something” Wendy decided to break the staring.

 

“Yes what is it?” Eric startled and felt nervous not from the question but Wendy dont call her oppa, the real Wendy that he knew years ago dont want to call her oppa cause she dont like it Eric thought to his self maybe, just maybe Wendy remembered.

 

“Iam curious about Na Eun’s mother, if you dont mind” Wendy open up a topic that really bothers her up all this time.

 

“Of course Its fine, Ahm how do I start this” Eric stutter from Wendy’s sudden question he dont know what to answer he will tell the truth? Or will he lied again?.As Wendy attentively listen to Eric’s answer.

 

“Na Eun’s mother left since she was 2 years old and she’s nowhere to find now” Eric lied to Wendy.

 

“Iam sorry” Wendy replied sadly.

 

“Well we already got used to it we dont know if she’s still in Daegu or in Seoul? Gwanju? Every province in South Korea we look already but no single trace of her” Eric lied again.If only Wendy knows that she is the mother of Na Eun.

 

“Maybe she forgot us already” Eric said to Wendy.

 

“No, if you love someone youll never forget them” Wendy give some words of wisdom.

 

“But the last time we heard about her she have an amnesia disease” Eric said sadly.

 

“Oh sure even the mind forgets the heart wont” Wendy said sincerely.

 

“I hope your right Wendy, I hope” Eric said Wendy dont have a single idea that Eric was talking about her but he hopes Wendy’s heart will finally speak despite the mind forgets.

 

“I hope she can hear me right now, I love her always, I want her to know that we are doing great that Na Eun grew up healthy,  Iam still waiting and praying for that time she’ll comeback” Eric said to Wendy seems like he is telling it indirectly to Wendy.

 

Wendy dont know how to feel anymore sure she is sad about Eric’s situation right now but upon hearing those words that Eric still love the mother of Na Eun which Wendy dont know that Eric was referring to her all this time, she felt she’s losing hope about the growing feelings she had towards Eric.

 

“He dont deserve your tears Wendy” Eric suddenly change the topic.

 

“I know he’s a jerk” Wendy said with a chuckle realizing its funny to heard that she cried over her ex.

 

“Wah its so beautiful what a creation” Wendy said as they both turned their heads towards the sun set.

 

“Well lucky for us we get to witness with our eyes that creation” Eric smiled.

 

“Ahm You can rest your head in my lap Wendy Iam sure youre tired all the way from here” Eric offered but he wont let Wendy knows that he’s nervous maybe the offered might decline but surprisingly its not.

 

“Ahm You sure its okay?” Wendy still hesitating the offer but in the end she accepted it she dont know why she immediately accept it but this is where she is comfortable.

 

“Of course I dont mind, maybe God guide me here to make you feel better” Eric said as slowly Wendy rest her head into his lap now you can heard Wendy’s heartbeat beating fast not only to the idea she thought its their first skinship but also the words that Eric let go from his mouth this makes her love for Eric grow more.

 

“I guess so, thank you for coming” Wendy replied nervously not making a single glance at Eric as she just stared over the sunset.

 

“You feel better?” Eric asked.

 

“Much better” Wendy smiled and eventually a moment of silence for the past minutes.Wendy already fell asleep.

 

“I much more thankful that you came into my life Wendy ever since” Eric again murmured to his self.Then his phone suddenly rings, he already knew who is calling.

 

“Its fine now Irene, I found her she’s with me” Eric said to the other line.

 

“Yes, I will bring her home” Eric said to Irene from the other line and let out a small smile admiring his view to the sleeping Wendy he had on his lap and silently caressing her hair enough not to wake her up.

 

“I hope we can stay like this forever love” Eric said along with the beautiful sunset that surrounds the whole park. 

 

Eric always thought to himself that he can just freely talk to Wendy when shes asleep, how long he will wait to the time that he can finally express freely his love to Wendy just like the old times? But Eric thought for now that even in this action he can show his love indirectly to Wendy and even this little moments he can be with Wendy that every time he spent time with Wendy its so special for him, at least Wendy will know that they were there all this time up to the time everything will go back to normal.