Last Memory

Written in the Stars

 

Wendy was diagnosed with a disease called retrograde amnesia two years ago, Wendy herself didn’t know that she had it all these time for the past two years , only her family, closest relatives and friends and of course her very own family, yes a family of her own that she newly had two years ago this is where Eric and Na Eun came to her life earlier than Wendy thought all this time.Wendy and Eric were married two years ago and Wendy gave birth on their love child named Na Eun, Patients diagnosed with retrograde amnesia forgot the event or happenings in their life in the past that is special for them before they had been diagnosed with this disease, on Wendy’s case she forgot her husband and her child, all this time Wendy all knew is that she is single, still living with her siblings and her mother.

The moment that Eric and her family knew the situation the doctor help them decide on what to do with Wendy for her recovery, the doctor said that its better not to tell Wendy what happened to her and for the meantime keep away from the people she forgot because if they will forced Wendy to remember them this will just worsen the situation, the doctor said in order for her to recover it takes time for her to eventually remember everything.

It was so hard on Eric and Na Eun’s part, Na Eun was just 2 years old that time,Wendy’s mother Taeyeon decided to bring her daughter back at home at Daegu for her recovery even its hard for Eric he agreed inorder for Wendy’s fast recovery, they didnt expect up until now its already 2 years still no signs of Wendy’s recovery.Eric was a single parent for 2 years not seing Wendy for a long time was emotional for him but he managed to be strong for their daughter, Na Eun knows her mother those past two years, Na Eun keep asking her father where is her mother, why she leave when she was two years old?, Eric sometimes will answer her daughter that her mom is working the other city of the country.

Na Eun was a smart girl the moment that Eric decided to do his plan inorder just to see Wendy again, Eric explained to her daughter the situation that her mother had a disease like that, Eric told her daughter that inorder shell see her mother they need to pretend like strangers, Na Eun at the early age knows how to pretend in front of her mother that she should just treat her as her big sister instead, though cant be avoided that Na Eun still a kid she always cry at night with Eric and asked Eric that why her mom dont remember her and her daddy, Eric just comfort her daughter and said “shh sweetie it will be fine” and eventually theyll both fell asleep.Eric decided to persue his photography at the the same time to be with Wendy as he misses his wife so much as this is the only way to be with her, Eric will do everything enable Wendy gain back her memory even its hard sometimes he will never give up his family.

 

“Irene where is Wendy? its already morning” Taeyeon asked her eldest daughter worriedly.

 

“Mom relax she’s in good hands, she’s with her husband and daughter” Irene replied as she’s combing Ji Hee’s hair.

 

“Iam worried about her condition, its already 2 years but still there is no sign” Taeyeon said.

 

“Wendy Unnie herself didnt know about her condition, you think its time to tell her personally?” Yeri said while sitting comfortably at their couch.

 

“Oh no the doctor said we need to take it slowly” Seulgi replied while feeding Sian on his walker.

 

“But how long? Eric and Na Eun sacrificed and suffered already for 2 years.” Joy said with a pity on her face.

 

“Dont worry, I think the best measured we took was we let Eric go on his plan to be with us, pretending to be working in the restaurant on his on going photography project” Irene said.

 

“Yes Irene was right it could be a big help to slowly gaining her memory back” Taeyeon smiled at her daughters.

 

“Let us pray and hope it will work, I felt bad for Na Eun she need to get through all of this, shes still a child but she really understand her mother’s condition” Yeri said with a sigh.

 

“Yeah her husband and child was a great actors though” Seulgi said giving her family a sad look.

 

“Who’s a great actor?” Everyone startled by the voice they heard from the front door and turned their heads as they saw Wendy removing her shoes to go inside the house.

 

“Ahm we’re talking about how amazing actors the Kardashians are, ya know its amazing their family where line of actors hehe” Seulgi said nervously to Wendy.

 

“Okay?” Wendy replied giving her big sister a confused look.

 

“Anyway, missy where have you been?” Taeyeon asked Wendy.

 

“Ahm forgot to tell you yesterday about Rosé overnight party mom Iam sorry but I asked permission to Seulgi unnie and she said yes” Wendy lied and turned her head to Seulgi giving her a sign to agree with her.

 

“I did? , I mean yes mom” Seulgi said agreed with her sister.

 

“Alright but next time please asked permission to me first Wanda before your big sisters” Taeyeon scold Wendy.

 

“Iam sorry mom” Wendy scratch her neck and went upstairs to take a bath.

 

“She’s bad at lying” Joy chuckled.

 

“Poor Wendy unnie” Yeri said shaking her head.

 

————————

It is already monday morning, at Nam’s residence after Wendy leave their house last night and went back to Daegu, Na Eun cried again the moment she woke up and went to her father’s room.

 

“Huhuhu Eomma Eomma” Na Eun continued to cry as she slowly approach her father in the bedroom.

 

“Sweetie whats wrong?” Eric immediately stand up and bent same level with her daughter and tightly hugged her.

 

“Mommy leave again daddy? Where is she?” Na Eun continue to sob.

 

“Oh no sweetie she just went to work” Eric explained.

 

“Daddy lets go later to Mommy’s work” Na Eun pleaded.

 

“Of course we will sweetie daddy will also do work there” Eric smiled slightly.

 

“Daddy, when will I will stop calling mommy unnie? Shes not my big sister she is my mommy, daddy when will mommy be cure from her disease? Na Eun asked her father.

 

“Of course she will be cure and free from that disease sweetie, time will come she will remember everything especially us, mommy love us and if you love someone youll never leave them right? Youll always comeback to them.” Eric give her daughter some courage.

 

“Yes daddy, if she will remember me daddy Ill tell mommy how big Zenia is” Na Eun said excitedly, Na Eun reffering to her persian cat named Zenia it was given by her mother during her 2nd birthday, they didnt know that would be the last theyll celebrate Na Euns birthday with her complete family and truly Wendy knows them that time, the next birthdays Na Eun didnt celebrate with her mother at 3rd and 4th birthdays, hopefully when Na Eun will turn at age 5, Wendy will be there celebrating with her daughter.

 

“Of course sweetie we will, now stop crying because big girls dont cry okay? Mommy need us to be strong for her” Eric said while a smile on his face that his words of wisdom gave hope on Na Eun.

 

“Yes daddy Iam brave as mama” As Na Eun hugged her father.

 

“Now come on lets eat breakfast” Eric carried her daughter to the dining table after theyll take some breakfast the two will head again to Daegu.

 

——————

 

“Bye mom!! Wendy Unnie!! Seulgi Unnie!! And Irene Unnie!!” As Joy and Yeri bids goodbye to their family as the two will go to school.

 

“Alright be good at school girls!” Taeyeon said to her youngest daughters.

 

“Bye! Take care!” Seulgi replied

 

“Be home after school!” Irene shouted from a far while cleaning the tables.

 

“Be careful in crossing the streets!” Wendy remind her younger sisters.

 

“Alright we will! See ya later!” Joy and Yeri replied in sync as they went out to the front door and catch the first bus going to school.

 

“Oh Eric youre here!” As Irene, Seulgi and Wendy turned their heads from the direction where their mother greeted Eric.

 

“Halmeoniii!!” Na Eun run towards to Taeyeon and give her a hugged.

 

“Aigoo I miss my little munchkin over the weekends” Taeyeon hugged her grand daughter.As the other daughters of Taeyeon greeted Eric.

 

“Eom— Unnie!” Na Eun immediately turn her attention to her mother and hugged her tightly.

 

“Oft, Easy haha Na Eun” Wendy said and sudennly hugged her.

 

“Unnie why you leave so early the last time you visited at home?” Na Eun asked sadly to Wendy.Irene and Seulgi turned to Na Eun on the sudden question as they felt also sadness towards their neice.

 

“Iam sorry sweetie I didnt get to say goodbye that time youre asleep I didnt tend to wake you up, also need to catch the first bus, can u forgive unnie?” Wendy said and pouted. 

 

“Ok but promise me you will not do it again?” Na Eun reassured her mother.

 

“I promise” Wendy replied and gave Na Eun a sweet smile as the others found it cute on their mother daughter conversation.

 

“I got jealous already I dont have a hug” Seulgi spoke and pretending to be sad.

 

“Aun—Seulgi Unnie! Dont be jealous youll get a hug too” Na Eun run to Seulgi and hugged her.Seulgi chuckled to her neice sweetness.

 

“Am how about me?” Irene whined and open her arms for her niece.

 

“Irene Unnie!!” Na Eun run again to Irene and accepted her open arms. As soon Irene carried her Irene whisper something to her neice.

 

“Na Eun, your cousins are upstairs Ji Hee and Ji Hyun wanna see you, you wanna play with them?” Irene whispered and smiled to her neice.

 

“Really Auntie? I missed them!” Na Eun whispered back.

 

“Of course they missed you also” Irene whispered back.Irene turned arround and make a glance at Eric asking permission to take Na Eun upstairs and seems like Eric understand and replied a nod.As Irene guide their way upstairs.

 

“Where are the two going?” Wendy asked curiously.

 

“Maybe Irene unnie want to introduce Na Eun to her children so Ji Hee and Ji hyun will have new playmate and while Eric is working Na Eun will not get bored.” Seulgi replied to Wendy.

 

“Oh that would be great!” Taeyeon replied and Wendy replied with a nod to Seulgi.

 

“Alright lets start this day” Taeyeon said to her daughters. As Seulgi went to her place behind the counter.While Wendy take a glance at Eric and they exchange smiles and went to their places.As the hours passed by the family is busy taking orders.While Eric sat in the chair near the counter to write some today’s documentary as a familiar man went inside the restaurant.

 

“Goodmorning sir what can—-“ Seulgi stopped as she realized the person in front of her.

 

“Chanyeol?” Seulgi said and Eric stopped writing and stare at Seulgi’s reaction curiously and give a look to the man.

 

“Hey there suppose to be sister in law how are you?” Chanyeol teasingly greeted Seulgi. Eric was now triggered on what he heard he didnt know about this, her wife ever since dont talk about her past before.

 

“Stop it Chanyeol why are you here Wendy might see you and I tell you its not good” Seulgi replied with a straight face. 

 

“What? its bad to eat in this prestigious restaurant?” Chanyeol replied.Seulgi supposedly to answer but they heard a crash of glass.

 

“Chanyeol?” Wendy shocked and let go of the tray shes holding.

 

“Hello Wanda, I miss you” Chanyeol said and suppose to walk towards Wendy but Eric saw how scared Wendy is she keep on moving backward, Eric decided to come in between and protect Wendy at all cost.

 

“Who are you?” Chanyeol annoyingly asked.

 

“You do not see? She dont want to see you” Eric replied coldly to Chanyeol and he might burst any minute from now.

 

“Its fine” Wendy told Eric and hold his arm.

 

“Its none of your business, who are you huh? move out!” Chanyeol said but still Eric blocked him.

 

“Stay away from my wife” Eric come closer to Chanyeol and whisper.

 

“Oho so you are the guy that Wendy replace me” Chanyeol angrily whispered back.

 

“What happened?” As Irene immediately went downstairs.

 

“Why are you here Chanyeol I told you before that you should never show your face to us and to my sister again” Irene looked Chanyeol full of rage.

 

“Wohoo easy Iam just planning to order some hot porridge but I guess Iam not welcome” Chanyeol replied and a smirk on his face.

 

“Maybe Ill comeback another time, and Ill make sure Ill win your heart again Wendy”  Chanyeol said sincerly to Wendy and turn away heading out to the front door. Eric cant explain what he is feeling right now he never expected he’ll have a competetor at this situation they have.

 

Wendy hurriedly went upstairs crying, Eric suppose to followed her but Taeyeon offered that shell handle it.

 

“Let me” Taeyeon said to Eric and gave him a reassuring smile and followed her daughter upstairs.

 

“Oh boy this is not good” Irene said massaging her head and felt shell collapse any minute from now.

 

“Uggh why does he cameback and how on earth he followed us?” Seulgi said with an annoyed face.

 

“Is he Wendy’s past?” Eric asked.Irene and Seulgi looked each other they dont know if they will tell to Eric who really Chanyeol for Wendy is this would break his heart but they decided to.

 

“Ahm Iam sorry to tell you this Eric we hate to break this into you” Seulgi replied.

 

“Chanyeol was Wendy’s fiance before the two of you met” Irene said sadly.

 

“They have each other for more than 5 years” Seulgi continued.

 

“And then Chanyeol did a very unforgivable doing that made them broke apart” Seulgi said.

 

“Chanyeol cheated with the other girl” Irene said with an angry face while they are remembering those past memories.

 

“And the worst is Wendy have witnessed them have in their suppose to be house” Seulgi said that with her anger she could punch somebody right now.Eric was angry and sad at the sametime.

 

“Wendy was so down that time we dont know what to do, but the moment she met you everything change Eric” Irene said with a sudden hope on her face.

 

“Yeah, she found her true love” Seulgi smiled.

 

“But the situation right now took us back time, as we only discovered now that the latest memory that Wendy remembers is that she thought she newly ended up the relationship with Chanyeol that in reality it was 6 years ago” Irene said and took a deep sigh.

 

“Being married with you and gave birth to Na Eun she suddenly forget it” Seulgi said with the tears on her eyes. Eric cant believe on what he is hearing right now, a tear on his face suddenly fell, he felt his heart aching only if he could carry’s Wendy’s disease for not her to suffer and their daughter he did it as possible.

 

“Ill bring her memory back as soon as possible, I know its hard, but I wont give up on her and our family” Eric stand up with all thy courage.

 

“We always have your back Eric we are family” Irene and Seulgi smiled reassuring that Eric is not alone to this battle. 

 

Eric know that Wendy loved her but the idea of Wendy having her last memory of Chanyeol this will give him a hard time in winning her back again but Giving up was not in Eric’s dictionary he want to prove to everyone that with the saying of love conquers everything.